Team-BHP - 2018 Maruti Ciaz Facelift (1.5L Petrol) : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   2018 Maruti Ciaz Facelift (1.5L Petrol) : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/202613-2018-maruti-ciaz-facelift-1-5l-petrol-official-review-9.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar (Post 4652467)
Can petrol Ciaz owners comment on their mileage in traffic and highway conditions?

Thanks.

Please refer to post #118 above.

Quote:

Can petrol Ciaz owners comment on their mileage in traffic and highway conditions?

Thanks.

About 12-13 in the city. And by "city" I mean 20km in pretty much bumper to bumper traffic. So IMHO 12 is practically as low as it gets (okay, maybe 10).

On the highways, on average I get about 18-20, which you can even push to 22-23 if you drive reallly sedately.

Any tips on when the petrol BS-VI edition will be launched? I believe the Ertiga & XL6 already have it so does it need to be tested extensively on the Ciaz again?

I believe Ciaz petrol is BS 6 since August.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KMT (Post 4656750)
I believe Ciaz petrol is BS 6 since August.

Not officially, no. Although the Ertiga & XL6 have the same K15 engine, they have been certified to be BS-VI-ready but NOT the Ciaz K15 yet.

Wonder why?

This is surprising, I took a Ciaz AT for its first service in July and the tech said he had just got back from BS6 training on this engine and said there was some
minor change in the ATF radiator and catcon in the BS6 version. He also said that BS6 Ciazs manufacture had started.

Last week when testing the XL6, the sales person told me that the only Nexa petrol vehicles that was not yet BS6 was Ignis petrol.

I guess its going to happen very soon if it has not happened already.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KMT (Post 4656849)
I guess its going to happen very soon if it has not happened already.

You're very right! Unusual situation - I can only visualize 2 scenarios:

1. For some reason MS has built up an inventory of BS-IV Ciaz models and now need to offload them - current offers are 35K + not including exchange bonus
2. ARAI has indicated that earliest dates for scheduling the BS-VI Ciaz approval is later than what MS expected.

Rs. 3390 for automatic trunk opener for the Ciaz available as an accessory at a Nexa service station or dealer. My car is going for service this month and I plan to ask them.

Link

https://youtu.be/NDfgnJRYpeI

Quote:

Can petrol Ciaz owners comment on their mileage in traffic and highway conditions? Thanks.

Been driving an Ciaz Automatic and the mileage is pretty consistent around 12.5 KMPL with 100% A/C in bumper to bumper traffic. Have averaged 17 KMPL on highways and seems to be improving with every run.

Bought the Petrol Ciaz Alpha AT three months ago. Been driving it for roughly 20-30 km a day in the city with bumper-to-bumper traffic. I'm getting 10.5 kmpl on an average. I drive with a light foot, mind you.

A little disappointed with the mileage, to be honest. Was expecting at least 12 kmpl in city traffic and around 18 kmpl on the highways.

Quote:

Thanks.

I have been driving a Ciaz Alpha MT Petrol 2019 edition, for the last 6 months.

City driving:
I clock nearly 50 km in my daily commute, encountering 30% bumper to bumper traffic. I drive with AC on most of the time and Idle stop/start is also disable in the bumper to bumper section. I get between 13 - 14 kmpl on the MID, but on tankful to tankful method, I am consistently getting between 12 - 13 kmpl.

Highway driving:
I did a Bangalore - Mantralayam round trip with 4 adults and a kid, in peak summer in April 2019, clocking nearly 1k kms. AC was overworking all the time. I managed to get around 18 kmpl. But, during this trip, I was exploring the high speed behavior of the car, so I was not my usual self and really stepping on the pedal, most of the times

"Nexa" branded beige floor mats replace the dark ones of the previous car. These will get soiled easily - a poor choice of colour for Indian conditions. No scuff plates, even on the top variant:

I bought the Alpha AT version in June 2019, and I did not get the Nexa branded beige floor mats. There were no floor mats at all. Instead, I received the dark rubber mats as part of the accessories thrown in for free by the dealer.

Has this happened with anyone else too?

Just placed an order for the Black Petrol Alpha AT - Thinking of also getting some accessories fitted via Nexa and looking at the Body Kit and Spoiler anyone here has that installed on their existing car would love to check out some good quality pictures of it before placing an order for it...

Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vians (Post 4659915)
Rs. 3390 for automatic trunk opener for the Ciaz available as an accessory at a Nexa service station or dealer. My car is going for service this month and I plan to ask them.

Pics of the installation manual for more details:

2018 Maruti Ciaz Facelift (1.5L Petrol) : Official Review-img20190930wa0090.jpg

2018 Maruti Ciaz Facelift (1.5L Petrol) : Official Review-img20190930wa0095.jpg

2018 Maruti Ciaz Facelift (1.5L Petrol) : Official Review-20190930_232944.jpg

2018 Maruti Ciaz Facelift (1.5L Petrol) : Official Review-img20190930wa0093.jpg

2018 Maruti Ciaz Facelift (1.5L Petrol) : Official Review-img20190930wa0092.jpg

2018 Maruti Ciaz Facelift (1.5L Petrol) : Official Review-img20190930wa0091.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leoshashi (Post 4667373)
Pics of the installation manual for more details:

A video of its working, installed on my friend's newly acquired 1.5 Diesel:

https://youtu.be/7pHvhJ0axtE