Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2019, 13:51   #136
BHPian

Re: 2018 Maruti Ciaz Facelift (1.5L Petrol) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtRepeat View Post
There were no floor mats at all. Instead, I received the dark rubber mats as part of the accessories thrown in for free by the dealer.

Has this happened with anyone else too?
Me too.

I got delivery of my Ciaz on 08th October 2019, in Mumbai and the car did not come with the floor mats . As a part of my bargain I got black rubber ones free of cost, although I prefer the beige ones shown in the image.
King_pin09 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2019, 10:23   #137
BHPian

Hi folks! Looks like I will be buying a New CIAZ 1.5 Petrol MT by this year/Month end. I am pretty confused about the variant though.

I was wondering if anyone can provide first hand information regarding the Halogen Projector offered in Delta trim. How do they perform at night? Are they at par with their LED counterparts offered in Zeta? Is it worth going for Zeta only for LED H Lamps? Also, Please do tell how much KMPL I can realistically assume for a Sedate driver like me (<100KMPH, <3000 RPM)

Thanks!
Old 23rd October 2019, 12:13   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ry_der View Post
Hi folks! Looks like I will be buying a New CIAZ 1.5 Petrol MT by this year/Month end. I am pretty confused about the variant though.
Go for the Alpha variant if you can afford it. Else, Zeta is a great choice. It has got all bells and whistles, minus some fancy stuff, but at the right price.

Quote:
I was wondering if anyone can provide first hand information regarding the Halogen Projector offered in Delta trim. How do they perform at night? Are they at par with their LED counterparts offered in Zeta?
I have driven the Ciaz with halogen and LED set ups. The halogen projectors are very poor in illumination, to say the least. One will find the need to upgrade to better bulbs much sooner than expected.

The LED lamp setup on the Alpha and Zeta trims is far superior and can illuminate the road substantially better.

Quote:
Is it worth going for Zeta only for LED H Lamps?
Apart from the all-led set up, the Zeta trim also comes with alloy wheels, rear sun-blind, reverse camera, auto dimming IRVM, push button start stop, electric ORVM, etc. All these come handy in making life easier during the long term of ownership.

Quote:
Also, Please do tell how much KMPL I can realistically assume for a Sedate driver like me (<100KMPH, <3000 RPM)
KMPL depends entirely on driving style, terrain and road conditions. However, in urban conditions one can expect anywhere between 12-14 KMPL, whereas 18-19 KMPL can be achieved on Highways. On a good stretch of road, such as Belgaum – Hubli section on NH4, I could achieve about 23.2 KMPL, without fuss.

Last edited by King_pin09 : 23rd October 2019 at 12:16.
King_pin09 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2019, 12:37   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_pin09 View Post
Go for the Alpha variant if you can afford it. Else, Zeta is a great choice. It has got all bells and whistles, minus some fancy stuff, but at the right price.
Thanks for the detailed response.

I would have gone for Alpha but honestly I dont think its VFM.

Quote:
Apart from the all-led set up, the Zeta trim also comes with alloy wheels, rear sun-blind, reverse camera, auto dimming IRVM, push button start stop, electric ORVM, etc. All these come handy in making life easier during the long term of ownership.
Honestly speaking, I do not fancy all those features. I would have preferred Sigma had my wife allowed it. I like my cars with less electronics. I will be going for Zeta only for Headlamps nothing else. If I can get satisfactory night performance in Delta, I dont need anything else from Zeta.

On the Bulb upgrade part, is it possible to get a decent performance upgrading to HIDs/Led bulbs in Delta projectors? Will it void the warranty eventhough its plug and play attachment?
Ry_der is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2019, 12:48   #140
BHPian

Quote:
On the Bulb upgrade part, is it possible to get a decent performance upgrading to HIDs/Led bulbs in Delta projectors? Will it void the warranty eventhough its plug and play attachment?
The headlamp cluster housing is same across all variants. This will allow for owners to upgrade to the LED setup merely by an easy swap.

Since you are using a genuine Maruti spare and that being installed by Maruti authorized technicians, warranty should not be affected.

Hope this helps.
Old 23rd October 2019, 12:55   #141
Distinguished - BHPian

I agree the Sigma, Delta variants make a very strong case for themselves. As per the Nexa dealer in Hyderababd, these 2 variants are not much in demand as people prefer the fully loaded Alpha variants. Hence these lower variants had much higher discounts on them last month(~80k off on Sigma vs. 40k on Alpha, pre-negotiations).

Quote:
Please refer these posts from the Ciaz (pre-facelift thread) where DBhpian Parag has described successful HID upgrade in the projectors and the results are very good. Delta retains the same headlamps which was available in the pre-FL Ciaz.

Since these upgrades are plug and play in nature, it won't affect warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
You either need to trust someone who has done this on a Ciaz nearly an year before, that too after getting feedback from another Ciaz owner about it who has driven 75K Km or trust Amazon for compatibility .

This is not a modification, this is a retrofit as you are fitting H7 HID where H7 Halogen existed. Hope this clears your doubts.

Disclaimer : This fitment for both the Ciaz I am referring to is for the pre-facelift model.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
For the first Generation Ciaz that came equipped with Halogen bulbs with Projectors, I had successfully upgraded the headlights of one of my friend's car to HID with a conversion Kit from Osram.

Product Link as on today : OSRAM H7 HID 4300K

I went ahead for this based on recommendation from Bhpian speedsatya who had a Ciaz then and was a regular on ghats at nights under rains and fogs that he confirmed this as a good investment for better lighting. To me, that was a reliable use case than anyone else due to the driving destinations.

This was completely a DIY with the right tools including drill bits to make bigger holes to accommodate these bulbs. The final out come was more than satisfactory.

Post this set-up, we have done quite a few drives through the night and in rains and must say that the lighting has improved by a huge margin that you may not really require high beams for normal driving unless you want to flash and assess or indicate.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2019, 14:43   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slango97 View Post
Hi everyone! We got our Ciaz 1.5 MT Alpha in pearl white in January (2018 MY).

Just a quick note to everyone in the market for one, pls clarify the "standard accessories" issued by the dealer.

We forgot to do so, and ended up with ugly door trims and window visors

FYI, we got our car from NEXA Nandanam, Chennai
Hi Slango97, appreciate if you can post a few pictures of the "ugly door trims and window visors". It will help understanding what not to accept.

Thanks
GC
Old 25th December 2019, 14:42   #143
BHPian

Modification on Ciaz Facelift (2018)

Hi Guys

I currently drive a Tata Manza Petrol and is on the look out for a new car. Although not fully decided on this, I am already inclined towards buying the Ciaz Alpha AT. The influencing factor being advice from @Chalu, amazing review by @Aditya https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post4475791 (2018 Maruti Ciaz Facelift (1.5L Petrol) : Official Review) and a wonderful ownership review by @SS-Traveller https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post4562596 (The Ciazzler® | Our Nexa Blue Maruti-Suzuki Ciaz Petrol (Alpha))

So, when I buy the Ciaz, I would like to have few mods on the car and need suggestions on same.

1. Tyre upgrade from stock 195/55 R16 to higher profile tyres, preferably 205/60 R16.
aa. Will this be an overkill or will they even fit without touching the body?
bb. Also understand, this will increase the ground clearance which in turn will affect the stability I believe. But will it really affect the stability poorly or the increased GC will be a good thing?

2. I would like to install TPMS with sensors with display - Pls suggest a suitable product
aa. TPMS to display individual tyre pressure
bb. Can the TPMS display be integrated to the infotainment screen or MID

3. Can the space for rear reflectors be used to install rear fog lights

Looking forward to all your valuable suuhestions.

Thanks & brgds
Old 5th January 2020, 12:52   #144
BHPian

Leaked: Maruti Ciaz BS6 petrol SHVS specs, variants

https://www.rushlane.com/maruti-ciaz...-12347492.html

Source: Rushlane
Attached Thumbnails
2018 Maruti Ciaz Facelift (1.5L Petrol) : Official Review-maruticiazbs6specsleak.jpg  

Old 25th January 2020, 11:49   #145
Distinguished - BHPian

BS6 Maruti Ciaz Launched In India, Gets New 'S' ( based on the Alpha)Variant too. All in Petrol guise only.

2018 Maruti Ciaz Facelift (1.5L Petrol) : Official Review-11.png

Quote:
The Maruti Suzuki Ciaz S is priced at Rs. 10.08 lakh (ex-showroom, New Delhi) and it features cosmetic updates and a new bodykit. It comes with black accentuated side and rear underbody spoilers along with wing mirror cap, front fog lamp garnish and boot lid spoiler rendering a two-tone vibe.

Another major highlight has been the 16-inch alloy wheels with a dark finish. On the inside, the Ciaz S boasts new black theme with premium silver accents on the instrument panel and door trim. The Ciaz has also become the eleventh product within the domestic portfolio to get updated to BSVI emission standards well ahead of the March 31, 2020 deadline
2018 Maruti Ciaz Facelift (1.5L Petrol) : Official Review-12.png

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 25th January 2020 at 12:01.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2020, 12:54   #146
BHPian

Interestingly, the Nexa website has changed the variant options to BS IV and have teased Ciaz S also, but no mention of BS VI options or prices yet.

2018 Maruti Ciaz Facelift (1.5L Petrol) : Official Review-ciaz.jpg

2018 Maruti Ciaz Facelift (1.5L Petrol) : Official Review-ciaz-s.jpg

Probably indicates a good amount of BS IV inventory still left with Maruti.

Last edited by chaturgaurav : 25th January 2020 at 13:14.
Old 7th April 2020, 08:15   #147
BHPian

Hey Guys,

Is the additional torque provided by SHVS in petrol noticeable? I was wondering if it's all a strategy to get a higher mileage figure from ARAI, or is the extra torque noticeable and useful?
Old 7th April 2020, 09:42   #148
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Modification on Ciaz Facelift (2018)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaturgaurav View Post
1. Tyre upgrade from stock 195/55 R16 to higher profile tyres, preferably 205/60 R16.
aa. Will this be an overkill or will they even fit without touching the body?
Going wider and taller to 205/60R16 may foul front tyres on full lock turns. The safer bet is to to go for 195/60R16.
Quote:
2. I would like to install TPMS with sensors with display - Pls suggest a suitable product
External TPMS sensors and the display mounted to the top of the instrument cluster binnacle have worked fine with me. Something like this: https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07C5W458M/..._TX.IEbZE1Y0RK

Quote:
3. Can the space for rear reflectors be used to install rear fog lights
Some designs of LED lights are available, but I'm not sure that they'd be bright enough to serve as fog lamps. These: https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07FYCZLBH/..._Z1.IEbFX1P4ZT. I haven't installed any yet, mainly because I wasn't travelling during the past fog season.
Old 7th April 2020, 11:54   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post

Is the additional torque provided by SHVS in petrol noticeable? I was wondering if it's all a strategy to get a higher mileage figure from ARAI, or is the extra torque noticeable and useful?
I don't own the vehicle, but had taken multiple extensive test drives before my car purchase.

Yes, the additional torque is noticeable especially in city driving conditions. During my test drive, there was a situation where the battery torque wasn't available and then the engine felt weak, whereas whenever the torque is available, the engine pulls cleanly from low revs.

If you are in the market for a comfortable family sedan which can maintain good highway speeds and easy to handle in the city, then the Ciaz is a good choice.
Old 7th April 2020, 18:24   #150
BHPian

Hello, good people! We have a 2018MY Ciaz 1.5. I am unable to see the G-meter on the MID as shown in the review. Any ideas?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks