Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2019, 21:46   #151
Senior - BHPian
 
ashis89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: HYD<->BLR<->BBS
Posts: 1,806
Thanked: 1,890 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
Marazzo as taxi already in Rishikesh...

Attachment 1834217
I have seen at least 10 Marazzos with yellow plate in Bhubaneswar, Vizag, Vijaywada and Hyderabad during my recent trip. Some of these were doing good speeds on the highway.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2019, 22:06   #152
BHPian
 
porsche_guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Vadodara (GJ06)
Posts: 452
Thanked: 1,185 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review

The Marazzo is truly an amazing package. Had got a chance to experience it just 1 day after launch and boy oh boy how has Mahindra improved! There was also an XUV500 beside and it instantly felt cheap (no offence to owners) when compared. Even the buttons felt more tactile and solid than the flimsy ones in the XUV.

I know I am comparing 2 different segments, but I genuinely think that the Marazzo is much better overall value against the XUV.

Cheers!
porsche_guy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2019, 13:18   #153
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 36
Thanked: 77 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbishwa View Post
While driving for first 100 kms, I found car stopping all of a sudden while driving in 2nd/3rd gears at lower speeds. It reminded me of 'stalling' issue indicated in the official review. Interestingly when the service specialists came it never happened even when I left the car in second gear without pressing the accelerator. However, the service people advised me to maintain a minimum rpm and a little bit of experience with the car driving will further help. It actually did and in my 700 kms run it never did. Once it stopped I found I slotted in the higher gear with creeping speed.

In short, you may have to work little more with gear changing at lower speeds which is just a question of getting used to a different car. Otherwise the car is fantastic to drive in higher gears and the gear indicator works practically for new drivers. Trust me, you can go ahead if you want a smooth manual MPV which is highly comfortable for all occupiers in any seat.

After returning from Puri I'll again give more updates.
I had experienced the same issue during my TD. I and my dad both stalled the car while negotiating speed breakers in the second (or maybe third) gear. Stalling issue at low RPM is real. I hope it is just a matter of getting used to the car as you mention. Otherwise this will be a big problem in traffic conditions and the speed breaker and pothole ridden roads of Mumbai. I am kind of worried about this. BTW, I am expecting delivery of the Marazzo in two days.
Intrnl_Cmbstn is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2019, 16:22   #154
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Jamshedpur
Posts: 209
Thanked: 466 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrnl_Cmbstn View Post
I hope it is just a matter of getting used to the car as you mention.
Right!. Car didn't even onece stopped while crossing 5 notorious railway-crossings twice between Chaibasa and Champua. It's just right gear and right foot coordination.

Quote:
Otherwise this will be a big problem in traffic conditions and the speed breaker and pothole ridden roads of Mumbai. I am kind of worried about this.
Don't worry. Little bit of worrying would make you a happier owner

Quote:
BTW, I am expecting delivery of the Marazzo in two days.
Great..all the best. I'll wait for the photographs before asking for colour and model!
kbishwa is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2019, 08:33   #155
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 36
Thanked: 77 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review

Took delivery of the silver Marazzo M8 on 9th Jan from Infinity Autolinks, Vikhroli, Mumbai. A 2018 model registered in Jan 2019 (I am not sure if this helps during the resale, but as I was anyway buying in the end of December (before the price hike) I just did this). Here are some pictures of the delivery:

They had the car in wraps:
Name:  1.jpeg
Views: 5734
Size:  79.5 KB

We were made to "unveil" it:
Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-2.jpeg

The shark in all its glory:
Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-3.jpeg

They were fully prepared with pooja stuff - garland, pooja thali, nariyal to break in front of the car:
Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-4.jpeg

The cliched handing over of the car:
Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-5.jpeg

Me with the car:
Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-6.jpeg

I have only driven it about 60 odd kms yet. I will jot down some of my (random) observations of the car in a separate post in a while.
Intrnl_Cmbstn is offline   (21) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2019, 08:44   #156
Team-BHP Support
 
benbsb29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 8,797
Thanked: 5,834 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrnl_Cmbstn View Post
Took delivery of the silver Marazzo M8 on 9th Jan from Infinity Autolinks, Vikhroli, Mumbai. A 2018 model registered in Jan 2019 (I am not sure if this helps during the resale, but as I was anyway buying in the end of December (before the price hike) I just did this). Here are some pictures of the delivery:

I have only driven it about 60 odd kms yet. I will jot down some of my (random) observations of the car in a separate post in a while.
Congrats on the car. Looking forward to a detailed report which will help the community.
benbsb29 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2019, 17:08   #157
BHPian
 
snaseer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Mangalore
Posts: 93
Thanked: 181 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review

Can we fit the HU available on M8 variant to the M6?
snaseer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2019, 23:15   #158
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 274
Thanked: 719 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrnl_Cmbstn View Post
Took delivery of the silver Marazzo M8 on 9th Jan from Infinity Autolinks, Vikhroli, Mumbai.
Intrnl_Cmbstn,

Congratulations on your purchase. The car looks splendid in silver. By the way, I was there just the day before and saw a Marazzo draped in black. Now I know that that was your car. Great!!

A couple of questions and a request for you.

Questions:

1.) How would you rate the sales experience at Infinity, Vikhroli?

2.) The brochures show the silver Marazzo M8 with black alloys. But I noticed that all the silver cars in the showroom were wearing silver coloured alloys. Very strange!! I asked the sales guy about it and he was as surprised as I was.

3.) Did you have to make a big mental compromise in accepting the absence of recline function in the last row? I am asking this because I have been taking multiple test drives of all MUVs and I have to say that both in the Innova and the Ertiga, reclining the last row takes the comfort factor up by several notches. (In fact, we found the recline to be so comfortable that both me and the wife fell asleep sitting in the 3rd row of the Innova during our TD today.)

Just FYI, I spend 60% or even 70% of my time during TDs sitting in the 3rd and 2nd row seats to assess their suitability for my family members as passenger comfort is the number one reason for us to buy such a vehicle.


Request:

Kindly start a proper ownership thread here in Team BHP and keep us all informed of your experience with this car as the months and years roll by. Such accounts are incredibly valuable; especially if the tone of the narrative is kept objective and factual.

Last edited by mohansrides : 11th January 2019 at 23:18.
mohansrides is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2019, 02:30   #159
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 36
Thanked: 77 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Congrats on the car. Looking forward to a detailed report which will help the community.
Thanks! I will share a few points now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohansrides View Post
Intrnl_Cmbstn,

Congratulations on your purchase. The car looks splendid in silver. By the way, I was there just the day before and saw a Marazzo draped in black. Now I know that that was your car. Great!!

A couple of questions and a request for you.

Questions:

1.) How would you rate the sales experience at Infinity, Vikhroli?

2.) The brochures show the silver Marazzo M8 with black alloys. But I noticed that all the silver cars in the showroom were wearing silver coloured alloys. Very strange!! I asked the sales guy about it and he was as surprised as I was.

3.) Did you have to make a big mental compromise in accepting the absence of recline function in the last row? I am asking this because I have been taking multiple test drives of all MUVs and I have to say that both in the Innova and the Ertiga, reclining the last row takes the comfort factor up by several notches. (In fact, we found the recline to be so comfortable that both me and the wife fell asleep sitting in the 3rd row of the Innova during our TD today.)
Thank you!

Answers to your questions:

1) The experience at Infinity Vikhroli was average. No dealbreaker, but not perfect. For example I had to wait for half an hour when I came for delivery before the delivery process started. They also subtly pressure you to rate them a 10 in all aspects in the feedback form. Another example - the salesperson who had come for my TD was less aware about the car's features than I was, even though I was seeing the car up close for the first time. But then I have found that to be true with lots of salespersons of lots of brands. The salesperson's lack of complete and in-depth knowledge of the car is very common I have observed, and it is shocking at times. Sorry for this rant. The delivery process in the end was splendid though.

2) I think the silver alloys that you saw are the 16 inch alloys which come with the M6. M8 gets black 17 inch ones. If I am right here, this another glaring example of lack knowledge of the salesperson. Even if I am wrong, the salesperson's lack of knowledge is apparent. Horrible.

3) To be very honest the recline function in the last row of the car did not play a significant role in my decision. My family's usage of the last row is generally for intra-city rides of 30 to 90 minutes. The recline function would have been more of a factor if our long inter-city highway drives were going to be with the last row occupied, but that is not going to be the case. Also, my wife swore she found the Marazzo's last row more comfortable than the Crysta's, so I just left it at that, though I did not completely agree with her.



I have driven the car about 300 kms now. Here are some of the points I would like to share with current and prospective owners:

• I got the tyre pressure inflated to the Mahindra recommended level for the M8’s 17 inch wheels (35 or 36 psi, I don’t remember what it was). But I find the ride to be too bouncy. The ride is as if the tyres are over inflated. Has anyone else on this forum experienced the same? In such a case, is it recommended to deflate the pressure by 1 or 2 psi to get better ride quality? The suspension feels great though. The way it tackled speedbreakers and potholes of Mumbai is commendable.

• Brake calipers are not finished well after casting. Should have been machined and painted with a good colour for better aesthetics. This was helpfully pointed by friend who owns a BMW X1 and has good looking brake calipers on his car.

• You must long press the voice command button on the steering wheel to invoke Google Now when Android Auto is connected. A short press will invoke Mahindra’s voice command feature.

• When your phone is connected through Bluetooth, you cannot dial the last dialled number (re-dial) using the steering mounted call button, like you can in, say, a Hyundai i20. You have to use the phone or the car screen to re-dial the last number.

• It is difficult to quickly recognise if any phone is connected via Bluetooth from most of the screens of infotainment system like the home screen or radio screen. There is a permanent indication of the phone network and phone battery at the bottom of the screen, which is dull grey when phone is not connected and brightens up when a phone is connected. My Hyundai Elite i20 shows a Bluetooth symbol on top of the screen all the time whenever a phone is connected so you can quickly check if your phone is connected or not. Check out the below picture to spot the difference between when the phone is connected and when it not.
Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-screen-collage.jpg

• There is no separate screen for the Automatic Climate Control. There is a small indication on the bottom of the infotainment screen which shows the outside temperature, inside temperature and fan speed. Check the above pictures. Difficult to spot and locate for the first time. Not easy to check while driving.

• When you set the cruise control, there is no digital display on the MID of the speed at which the car is set. It should have been there, as this is an otherwise feature rich MID.

• There is no convenient space to keep your phone while driving in a manner that you can easily glance at it if required. It can get annoying.

• The weird hand brake requires some getting used to, especially if you use your handbrakes frequently in the middle of your drive, like at traffic lights or standstill traffic jams. The armrest doesn’t make it easy.

• Lack of one-tap lane changing indicator with three blinks is a weird function to skip. It is a very convenient thing to have and must not cost much to the car manufacturer.

• I did not find follow-me-home lamps. Correct me if I am wrong here.

• The car has a bad habit of stalling in the second gear when revs are too low. Will take a while to get used to this. My Hyundai Elite i20 petrol stalls too, but that is in the first gear while starting from zero (if not enough input is given to the accelerator)

• The driving seat is extremely comfortable. The armrest really helps on long runs. You can even quickly change gears or operate infotainment or climate control when your arm is on the armrest. I love its driving seat.

• The car is (relatively) silent on the inside, but its loud on the outside. Which means great sound deadening. You can even see some of it where the dashboard top meets the windshield.

• The sun visors should have been taller on a car of this size. They are too short in height. They are premium though, with the extensions on both visors and a mirror on the passenger side, with a sliding cover on top. A light right on top of it comes on when you slide open the cover of the mirror.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 13th January 2019 at 08:16. Reason: Typo corrected. Thanks
Intrnl_Cmbstn is offline   (9) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2019, 09:46   #160
BHPian
 
The Hurricane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Chennai, Cochin
Posts: 104
Thanked: 69 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrnl_Cmbstn View Post
Took delivery of the silver Marazzo M8 on 9th Jan from Infinity Autolinks, Vikhroli, Mumbai.
Congratulations on your new car purchase. Do share your initial ownership experience especially of the engine, transmission and riding comfort.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 14th January 2019 at 00:31. Reason: Typo corrected. Qouted post length reduced. Thanks.
The Hurricane is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2019, 21:20   #161
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 274
Thanked: 719 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrnl_Cmbstn View Post
2) I think the silver alloys that you saw are the 16 inch alloys which come with the M6. M8 gets black 17 inch ones. If I am right here, this another glaring example of lack knowledge of the salesperson. Even if I am wrong, the salesperson's lack of knowledge is apparent. Horrible.
Thanks for your response. But, I am 100% sure that the silver coloured alloys I saw on the TD M8 cars were 17". I am saying this because the 16" wheels have an entirely different design that cannot be mistaken for the 17" wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrnl_Cmbstn View Post
1) The experience at Infinity Vikhroli was average. No dealbreaker, but not perfect. For example I had to wait for half an hour when I came for delivery before the delivery process started. They also subtly pressure you to rate them a 10 in all aspects in the feedback form. Another example - the salesperson who had come for my TD was less aware about the car's features than I was, even though I was seeing the car up close for the first time. But then I have found that to be true with lots of salespersons of lots of brands. The salesperson's lack of complete and in-depth knowledge of the car is very common I have observed, and it is shocking at times. Sorry for this rant. The delivery process in the end was splendid though.
I asked you about Infinity, Vikhroli, because if I decide to proceed forward, they will be my dealership as they are the ones closest to me. I have actually gone to this dealership each time a new Mahindra car was released; right from the XUV and the TUV, to the Marazzo and the Alturas. I am now waiting to take a look at the XUV300 in mid February. Overall, I must say that my experience at Infinity has gotten progressively better with each passing year. It was not bad to begin with. But, it was not remarkably good either. But, these days, I see that there is greater accountability in the sales staff and they are more personal - they make it a point to remember the customer and his / her requirements. Certainly, the latest sales guys, Mohsin, Aditya and their lead (Aashna I think) have been quite courteous and attentive. It remains to be seen as to how they handle my queries moving forward.

By the way, I am now hearing that there is going to be an 8 seater M8. Personally, I need maximum real estate to seat the people in my family. So, an 8 seater M8 is right down my alley. Moving forward, I am really hoping that Mahindra and Infinity, Vikhroli, can arrange a test drive for me in an 8 seater version of the Marazzo just so I can sit in the 3rd row during a drive and see how it feels behind a full bench.

Fingers crossed.
mohansrides is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2019, 12:45   #162
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Banaglore
Posts: 389
Thanked: 594 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrnl_Cmbstn View Post
• I got the tyre pressure inflated to the Mahindra recommended level for the M8’s 17 inch wheels (35 or 36 psi, I don’t remember what it was). But I find the ride to be too bouncy. The ride is as if the tyres are over inflated. Has anyone else on this forum experienced the same? In such a case, is it recommended to deflate the pressure by 1 or 2 psi to get better ride quality? The suspension feels great though. The way it tackled speedbreakers and potholes of Mumbai is commendable.
I think the lesser versions of Marazzo: M6 and below will ride significantly better than M8. Reason being bigger side walls and lesser tyre pressure. M8 has a recommended pressure of 35 psi and M6 and below is 32 psi.

Also where did you get the tyres inflated? At the petrol bunk? Never trust these guys accuracy. Over inflate the tyres at the bunk. Then use a high quality pressure gauge at home to deflate the tryes to the correct pressure when the vehicle is stationary for an hour and more. So that the tyres have cooled down.
JediKnight is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2019, 15:20   #163
Distinguished - BHPian
 
volkman10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: --
Posts: 14,484
Thanked: 30,553 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review

Mahindra Marazzo M8 eight-seater launched at ₹ 13.98 lakh.( ex-showroom Pan India)

The top-spec Marazzo is now available in seven- and eight-seat configurations; feature list gets no updates.


Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-1.jpg

Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-2.jpg


Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 14th January 2019 at 15:22.
volkman10 is online now   (10) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2019, 16:39   #164
BHPian
 
porsche_guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Vadodara (GJ06)
Posts: 452
Thanked: 1,185 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Mahindra Marazzo M8 eight-seater launched at ₹ 13.98 lakh.( ex-showroom Pan India)

The top-spec Marazzo is now available in seven- and eight-seat configurations; feature list gets no updates.
What's up with manufacturers these days? Why can't they offer all configurations right at the time of launch?
porsche_guy is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2019, 20:07   #165
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 274
Thanked: 719 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche_guy View Post
What's up with manufacturers these days? Why can't they offer all configurations right at the time of launch?
Great question. A better question would be, what made them think that an 8 seater would not be preferable to customers who choose the top end variant? Incidentally, before this change, I had spoken with Mahindra customer care about this requirement. The lady at the other end was clearly reading from a script when she said to me, "sir m8 falls under leisure segment. So we don't offer it with a bench". Until that point, I hadn't heard a less intelligent sounding explanation!! I mean, it would only hurt the leisure customers if they mandated bench seats. What's the problem in offering bench in M8 when they are providing that option for every other variant?

Their sales guys were quick to point out that the Innova being the segment benchmark, is also not being offered with a second row bench in its top end variant. My response was to tell them that there is absolutely no reason why Mahindra needs to repeat Toyota's mistake!!!

Anyways, good to see that Mahindra has made the change now. Better late than never.

Incidentally, I am hearing that Maruti too will be making a similar correction soon. In the months to come, the new Ertiga is likely to be offered with an AT in the ZXI+ variant.

Last edited by mohansrides : 14th January 2019 at 20:17.
mohansrides is offline   (8) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mahindra Quanto : Official Review GTO Official New Car Reviews 300 29th January 2019 13:30
The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched volkman10 The Indian Car Scene 742 5th November 2018 22:30
Mahindra plans premium luxury cars on Marazzo’s platform shashanka The Indian Car Scene 0 5th August 2018 20:45


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 12:09.

Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks