Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2019, 15:13   #286
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelMonk View Post
He claimed many vehicles who opted for it reported the issue.
I was informed by Mahindra personnel that it will not get the proper signal and secondly there will be gap between the floor and antenna, might water slippage during rain.

So not installed the shark fin antenna.

Another futile product is foot step. I was installed and found that in every hump it touches. After few days I check the bottom side and found that supporting angle has been bend. So immediately removed the foot step by myself.
Sukanta73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2019, 17:16   #287
BHPian

Does anyone have information on when the petrol version of Marazzo is expected? I changed companies recently and gave up my Marazzo M8, which was on lease. I don't want to buy a diesel car considering how diesel vehicles are being regulated in India, and don't mind waiting if the petrol Marazzo is around the corner
HighwayofLife is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2019, 18:50   #288
BHPian

Just did the 10k service of my Marazzo. Total bill was Rs 3400. 3400 for 10k kms.
My Royal Enfield takes that much to maintain, and that too for just 2-3 months.
TravelMonk is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st August 2019, 11:28   #289
BHPian

Quote:
Just did the 10k service of my Marazzo. Total bill was Rs 3400. 3400 for 10k kms.
Interesting to note! Marazzo feels so well put together. An AMT option in the Diesel would complete the package.
Old 31st August 2019, 11:41   #290

Quote:
Wow, that's amazing, they had said, they plan to target service @30paise per km, I believe they kept their promise.
Thank you for the update.

Last edited by Aditya : 24th October 2019 at 08:24. Reason: Typo
Old 12th September 2019, 15:46   #291
BHPian

Any suggestions for upgrade the head light and fog light without hampering the warranty?
Old 12th September 2019, 17:32   #292

Yes you can just upgrade the head lamp bulb or both the bulbs, by Philips extreme vision, I have done only for head lamp, as in dipper there weren't any perceptible difference.
Ajkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2019, 19:02   #293
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Throttle response is satisfactory and the power delivery is acceptable. However, there is some lag at the absolute bottom end. Mahindra says that 170 Nm of torque is available at 1,500 rpm, and as we found out, it is best to keep the engine spinning above this mark. Let the revvs drop too low, and the engine stalls. There is no anti-stall feature and the engine dies out abruptly (me, GTO, Blackwasp & ChiragM, all stalled it). You can't be careless with your accelerator & clutch co-ordination as it's unforgiving.
Just like in Thar & Marazzo the claimed 247 & 300 NM Torque respectively has no usage at RPMs starting from idling to 1600. Extremely pathetic of Mahindra for not addressing the Low-End Grunt. Gone are the days of SZ2600 CRDE and MDI3200TC, where one can feel rest assured that vehicle will climb the gradient without clutch slippage.
The King is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2019, 21:42   #294
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighwayofLife View Post
Does anyone have information on when the petrol version of Marazzo is expected? I changed companies recently and gave up my Marazzo M8, which was on lease. I don't want to buy a diesel car considering how diesel vehicles are being regulated in India, and don't mind waiting if the petrol Marazzo is around the corner
Just checked with a friend who works in M&M and he says that petrol Marazzo is not coming anytime soon so no need to wait for one.
Old 25th September 2019, 13:35   #295
BHPian

Hi All, I'm in market for an 7 seater MUV. Had booked Ertiga ZXi, but the dealer is delaying the delivery for some reason or other. Now, I'm wondering if I should cancel the booking and go for Marazzo instead. I'm confused between M4 and M6 (8 seat version). It would be helpful if you can help me choose the variant. M6 is little over my budget, but don't want to miss out on features if choosing M4 I can compromise on the alloy wheel and touch screen though.

Help is appreciated, thanks in advance.
Old 26th September 2019, 10:37   #296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerryaj View Post
Hi All, I'm in market for an 7 seater MUV. Had booked Ertiga ZXi, but the dealer is delaying the delivery for some reason or other. Now, I'm wondering if I should cancel the booking and go for Marazzo instead. I'm confused between M4 and M6 (8 seat version). It would be helpful if you can help me choose the variant. M6 is little over my budget, but don't want to miss out on features if choosing M4 I can compromise on the alloy wheel and touch screen though.

Help is appreciated, thanks in advance.
Hi, as per my inputs, the Mahindra is planning to reposition the M4 variant & M6 one during festive season, I would recommend that you wait, before taking plunge.
In comparison to Ertiga , Marazzo is much superior product & the service of Mahindra is way better than the Maruti one.
It's a sturdy reliable product & you would enjoy the same in long-run.
Old 29th September 2019, 11:13   #297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajkumar View Post
Yes you can just upgrade the head lamp bulb or both the bulbs, by Philips extreme vision, I have done only for head lamp, as in dipper there weren't any perceptible difference.
Philips Xtreme Vision Plus?
How noticeable is the difference between this and the stock?
Old 30th September 2019, 21:48   #298

Quote:
It's the best option, I have been using the same for past decade or so in different cars, the earlier ones were made in Germany, now a days we get made in Poland ones,
The difference is perceptible in high beam, not so much in low beam.
Old 1st October 2019, 09:58   #299
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Its not worth the price you pay. Difference is pretty much psychological only. The "60% extra light" etc on the packaging is a cheating marketing gimmick for which these companies have faced lawsuits in developed countries. In reality, its "X% extra light & range over your EXISTING bulb" which is presumed to have been used for years. By general characteristics a halogen loses its illumination & throw with time and use. The same applies to XV+ too. Its a halogen afterall. Compare a new XV+ with a new halogen & the difference is really negligible if at all. I have used XV+ for many years and have to confess its rubbish. Certainly not worth the premium price.

If you want better illumination, HID is the only option - that too only if you have projector low beams. If not, see if you can install bixenon projector fog lamps. Those will turn night into day. Last option - get aux lamps from Hella/Neolite/Bosch installed in front of the bumper using custom mounting brackets and relay harness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerryaj View Post
The Marazzo is any day a better and rugged vehicle. Much more abuse friendly due to its ladder frame construction. You can take it to places & with diesel, the pinch on the pocket will be that much lower too. If I was looking for a 7 seater, Marazzo & Hexa would be my only choices. Marazzo would win as Hexa is a bit costlier to buy.

Just be sure that you are okay with the ultra compact packaging in the engine bay of the Marazzo. The one thing for which I didn't buy this car was the way the battery is installed. Multiple components need to be removed just to top-up electrolyte in the battery. That was a turn-off for me. I like to do things myself with the car & if you are a DIY person, the Marazzo's engine bay will be a huge turn-off. Do have a look.

Last edited by Reinhard : 1st October 2019 at 10:10.
Reinhard is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th October 2019, 22:24   #300
BHPian

For people having insider information, any news on the Marazzo AMT/Automatic?
I don't think there is any Diesel 7 seater auto in under 15-16 lakhs on-road in Bangalore. The ones like XUV 500 W7 and Tata Hexa costs close to 20 here.
busydrive is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks