Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2019, 21:39   #331

Re: Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Orion View Post
SA just called and informed that RTO procedures are over and TP is ready. They will home deliver the marazzo tomorrow afternoon.
Congrats. Welcome to the Marazzo family. I too own a M8 variant 7 seater version in the same Maroon color . Wishing you many happy miles with the shark.
arvind_ravi01 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2019, 22:46   #332
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajkumar View Post
Many congratulations, hope you got the discount of nearly 1.75lkh on the vehicle price, as advertised recently.
Thanks for your kind words. It is a 2018 model. I got discount of around 2.39 lac.
Additionally they changed the tyres to new one, battery replace, free floor lamination and floor mat along with teflon coating. I think it is a good deal, is it?
The Orion is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th December 2019, 08:03   #333

Oh, it's a fantastic deal, we at NCR don't have the luxury of buying slightly older vehicle for such a price.
It's a beautiful car & would serve you well.
Wishing you happy & safe motoring.
Ajkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2019, 10:10   #334
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your kind words. It is a 2018 model. I got discount of around 2.39 lac.
Additionally they changed the tyres to new one, battery replace, free floor lamination and floor mat along with teflon coating. I think it is a good deal, is it?
Of course its a good deal. Did you check and get a convincing explanation from the dealership of why a 1 year old car was still in stock? What was the car doing for a whole year? I hope you did a full detailed PDI to ensure the car is structurally & mechanically in perfect condition. If the car was doing duty as a showroom showpiece, its surely a good deal on price discount.
Old 11th December 2019, 10:24   #335
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Of course it's a good deal. Did you check and get a convincing explanation from the dealership of why a 1-year-old car was still in stock? What was the car doing for a whole year? I hope you did a full detailed PDI to ensure the car is structurally & mechanically in perfect condition. If the car was doing duty as a showroom showpiece, it's surely a good deal on price discount.
I did a thorough PDI according to Team-BHP advice. The car was supposed to billed for another customer at another showroom, but he canceled the booking. the car was at their yard and later drove to my dealership, ERAM motors Feroke, Calicut. Showroom GM is my neighbour and he also checked and confirmed it is an unused one. ODO reading is 216 (from the other showroom to the present showroom nearly 120 km). They assured me that since the car is idle for almost 1 year they will change the tyres and battery.

Last edited by navin : 11th December 2019 at 11:14. Reason: typos and grammar
The Orion is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2019, 09:35   #336
BANNED

Got delivery yesterday evening. Sorry for the poor quality picture.Night time,whatsapp compression. I am not much fond of delivery function.
Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-marazzo-.jpeg
The Orion is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 12th December 2019, 11:56   #337

Quote:
Got delivery yesterday evening. Sorry for the poor quality picture.Night time,whatsapp compression. I am not much fond of delivery function.
Attachment 1945066
Wow, nice pic, beautiful colour, many congratulations, I suggest you should get the body cladding done, it save the fenders.
Old 6th January 2020, 08:30   #338
Distinguished - BHPian

Mahindra Marazzo Gets BS6 Certification. Loses the top variant in the process ?

Quote:
The Marazzo gets a 1.5-litre diesel engine that makes 122PS and 300Nm.

It features a 6-speed manual transmission that drives the front wheels.

Expect a price hike ranging between Rs 80,000 to Rs 1 lakh.

The Marazzo is currently offered in four variants.

It could get a petrol engine as well as an automatic transmission option soon
Quote:
The Marazzo is currently available in four variants - M2, M4, M6 and M8. All four variants can either be had in a 7-seater or an 8-seater format. However, the document from the government shows that only the 8-seater version of the M2 variant and the 8 and 7-seater versions of the M4 and M6 variants have been given the BS6 nod.
Quote:
This could mean that Mahindra is looking to axe certain variants of the Marazzo, or that they will be made BS6-compliant at a later stage

Link
Old 16th January 2020, 17:41   #339
Distinguished - BHPian

I feel glad knowing that the Marazzo is getting a petrol variant in the future. It is just a personal thing - I cannot digest a unibody MPV. I need a Tank of a people mover (heavily built, body on frame).

As we know, diesel particulate filters (DPFs) are already causing a tizzy with the BS 6 Kia Seltoses that have been sold so far; and for the DPF's passive regeneration, you need to drive 100 Kilometres a day and at speeds of 100 kmph for a few kilometres at least. Active regeneration of the DPF equates to fuel consumption. How many of us would even drive 100 Km a day or attain 80 Kmph in our city drives, let alone 100 Kmph?

We're most likely ushering in the era of petrol MPVs in India (a hitherto unpopular segment). When the time is ripe for me to upgrade, I'll keep the Petrol Marazzo near the top of my list (with a used BS 4 Hexa right at the top; but who knows how BS 4 diesel engines will fare with BS 6 diesel?)
Old 16th January 2020, 18:36   #340
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
As we know, diesel particulate filters (DPFs) are already causing a tizzy with the BS 6 Kia Seltoses that have been sold so far; and for the DPF's passive regeneration, you need to drive 100 Kilometres a day and at speeds of 100 kmph for a few kilometres at least. Active regeneration of the DPF equates to fuel consumption. How many of us would even drive 100 Km a day or attain 80 Kmph in our city drives, let alone 100 Kmph?
As per the research I have done so far, you don't need to drive a BS6 diesel car for 100+ kms every day or even at 80kmph speed. For DPF regeneration, the car needs to be driven at high RPM (1500-2500 RPM) for sustained duration (~20 mins) once in few days. I find that doable during our daily usage. Please refer the screenshot from the KIA user manual.

Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-screenshot_20200116182259.png

That said, a petrol driven heavy MPV will not be fuel efficient and will have fewer takers in our market. I would be happy to be proven wrong here.

PS: I saw black Marazzo on test run along with a camouflaged TUV300 on the Hebbal flyover a couple of weeks ago. Maybe it's the petrol one on test run. I can't seem to find the pictures I had clicked.
ashis89 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2020, 15:58   #341
Senior - BHPian

Introduction

I am not new to T-BHP, and have been here since about mid 2006. That is now 14th year with the site. That said, I have also had the good fortune to own many new and pre-owned cars (just due to my craze in cars). I started off with a Maruti 800 3rd hand car to learn driving in 2000, after which I moved on to Fiat Palio NV, a new Maruti 800 AC, the Swift VDI, Honda City pre-owned, the Ford Figo, Nissan Sunny, Honda Civic pre-owned, Maruti Ciaz, Honda BRV pre-owned, Tata Nano pre-owned, and Maruti Celerio. As you would see after the downfall or the news of FIAT not doing so well, I went with Honda or Maruti mostly with the exception of also having the FIAT MJD where possible.

You can read about some of my other cars here (Just chilling with my new FIGO! EDIT: First Service Done), here (The RACE lies WiThIn ....my pre-worshipped ANHC. Update: Now SOLD.), and here (Swift VDi ownership: A Running report)

Few of these cars were petrol, and few diesel, but I have always been a diesel-head. I do not know what really made me change cars, but on a pure ROI basis, I would have spent as much as about 2-3 cars changing so many cars over this period. Of all these Maruti was no nonsense and I knew what to expect. Although they still were/are making tin cans with the probable exception of XL6. I was a 3 time Honda owner and have finally ditched Honda after a hattrick session of issues with these cars and my legs which I will detail a bit later.

Buying another car was just a routine affair for me after so many. But I was in a severe dilemma. After so many cars, I just wanted my legs to be at peace. Of all these the celerio and BRV were automatic petrols and the BRV was fantastic for ownership - it was such a fuss free car. But the issue of leg pains tormented me all over again. My thoughts that automatics will be better for legs were rubbish. The right leg was angled badly in automatic cars and this was hurting me. I had to go manual again. And diesel it had to be to leverage on the torque. Now the question was which one this time?

Criteria to own a car

I had to buy one more car. A car that would keep me happy for few more years without a change. I knew it had to be a diesel manual for sure as it put me at ease compared to the automatic as I had control over how to drive my car. It had to be value for money for the features given and it had to meet these criteria.

1. Leg space with far seat push back for driver seat
2. Ground clearance to avoid shitty potholes in Bangalore
3. Not too much body roll if possible
4. Tech gimmicks
5. Reasonably good mileage, torque and power
6. Complete VFM for the price paid
7. Good AC with inbuilt stereo supporting apple car play for my phone
8. I did not want to install any accessory this time extra barring a few I wanted everything in the car itself - fully loaded vehicle
9. Resale was a consideration but the lowest priority one

Too many choices in 2019

Given the great launches of 2019, I had the following options this time around without paying heed to any pricing bracket.

1. Nissan Kicks
2. Ford Ecosport
3. Tata Harrier
4. MG Hector
5. Kia Seltos
6. Renault Duster
7. Renault Captur
8. Jeep Compass
9. Tata Hexa
10. Nexon / WRV / Brezza / Ertiga
11. XL6, Ciaz 1.5D

I needed to be absolutely sure that any car I buy was VFM, and kept me cool during my 25km (total per day) commute up and down in Bangalore if you know what peak traffic looks like. So the ground rule was that any test drive had to be in similar conditions and if someone didn’t offer me that it was a no-no for me.

Now for elimination rounds. Ready?

Kicks

I took a test drive of kicks diesel and my opinion was that the pedals were a bit hard to press, but overall the engine was good, but the car was rather lacklustre even with its intelligence. The horrible part was the sub par below HD rear camera that put me off. Seating was for 5. Grey leather interiors were not so great. The music system was sub par. They were offering 0% interest scheme etc but the whole sales pitch was not really up to the mark. At about 17.4 lacs OTR Bangalore, this was not so much VFM. At 15 you could consider this. Moreover Kicks was fast approaching the likes of Duster, Captur, etc into oblivion in terms of dated designs. Kia almost smashed every other car out of the park with Seltos.

Duster and Captur

I had seen much of this already, and although these are the toughest cars money can buy honestly in that price range, the design was dead on arrival for me so I had to drop it. Even if I had bought these they would easily depreciate by 50% very very soon as I had enough experience with Ola cash my car, or Olx, or cars24, etc by now. So buying one of these means 5-7 lac of depreciation in 2-3y. Design and modernness and appeal was missing in 2019 to go forward. So no test drive taken.

Jeep Compass

Eliminated due to cheaper options with same engines available at lower price point such as hector, harrier. Also space was a concern.

Nexon, WRV, Brezza, Ertiga

All dropped because at about 10-12 lac-ish they either lacked features, or power, or space or something or the other. Only way to get more is to go to 15 lac + range. Initially I wanted to stop at 15 lacs, but later I made up my mind to go to 20 + or - 1 or 2 more lacs. As long as there was VFM. The VFM always ensured I listened to my mind than my heart.

XL6

New launch, only petrol, no diesel, so dropped although it was more appealing than Ertiga.

Ciaz 1.5D

Old hand, I already owned 1.3 ciaz, was very cool to drive. Took a test drive of 1.5D and was blown away by the drive. Absolutely scintillating engine and overall drive. Smooth like hell. But reserved judgement for a while more. I got this at 13.75 lacs. Which means it was tending to 15 already. Surely VFM with everything in place - leather seats, white led’s alloys, and what not. Strong contender for sure.

Tata Hexa

When the car was launched the Tata hexa was awesome. But once more new choices were available this car also seem to be getting obsolete with respect to design. It is not that it was an incapable car but the engine was a bit outdated and I was in two minds whether to go for it or not. I also perceive the car as heavy and was not so much to go towards the Tata brand. Their service network leaves a lot to be desired and after owning the Tata Nano I was not okay to go to Tata again with the exception being Harrier.

Ford Ecosport

The Ford EcoSport was an old horse again. It has sold very well since inception over multiple iterations. Even after so many years it was still not looking very outdated. My friend owned an eco-sport automatic and I have driven it multiple times. As long as you handle it with care it is a breeze to drive within city traffic. But the version I was considering was a diesel manual the same one the Figo came with. The dealer offered me a 12 km ride and the car performed extremely well. The engine was very potent and each and every functionality was well integrated within the car. I actually kind of like the sync system in the older car. The point is about finding what you want easily and Ford are masters at this. I did have some leg pain but that's probably because I was driving the new Ford for the first time and it took some time getting adjusted to.

The Ford EcoSport was a strong contender in the buying game and at about 15 lakhs this was a very good machine to go for.

Tata Harrier

Even though I was concerned about the bulk of the car the Harrier was a worthy alternative at about 18.5 lakh. This was not the top end version. The dealer offered me a 12 km drive through peak traffic. I also took a shorter test drive around the office once more. The first thing you notice about the Harrier is its bulk. It is a real SUV but also one that blocks many parts of your vision with its thick pillars. When you're standing next to vehicles in peak traffic, you don't get a sense of safety and feel that you may probably hit the two wheelers standing next to you.

Gear shift and clutch seem a bit disconnected and although it easy to drive and powerful to the interiors lack finesse and Tata could have done better for a car this expensive. Of course there are eight speakers and the Harman stereo but I somehow felt the tech stuff could've been more cooler. It would not be wrong to say the hexa is actually better than the Harrier inside. Since the car seemed way too big for me and did not offer me VFM for the price I have to pay I decided to drop it.

Kia Seltos

This car has been grabbing headlines ever since its launch simply because it is a car with all the features anyone can ask for at this point in time. The point was not that the people did not have money but they wanted a vehicle which offered them more. In every possible way this car was good but I did have some things to pick on.

The doors wouldn't open wide enough and the space in the middle row was just about okay if not great. This was a car where the clutch and gear shift were mated very well and it was a joy to use. The power is adequate for five people and the torque meant that you could putter around in city traffic easily. So this car was obviously in the list.

MG Hector

This car was the dark horse among all cars and irrespective of the negative publicity it manage to gather, as a car it offered much much more at a lower price point. This car was sitting right higher than Ford EcoSport and slightly lower than the Seltos top end HTX+ variants. Ride quality was very good and I had a 12 km test drive of this car as well. The power was very good and the way it was able to handle potholes on the road was awesome. It had huge amount of space both for the rear passengers as well as for luggage and this was a selling point for me.

I preferred to go for the top end variant but the problem was this was going about 20 lacks. The second gear had an issue in this car and was not properly tuned so I did have a few instances where the car stopped in second gear. The fiat MJD with 170 bhp of power was very evident with this car. This car made the Harrier look pale in comparison. This car also made it to my buy list.

Finalists

Kia Seltos, MG hector, Ecosport and Ciaz 1.5D.

For a long time, I really wanted the 1.5 Ciaz again, but the thought of owning another Maruti again kind of made me look elsewhere. The XUV and Scorpio were out since they were old, outdated and somewhat not in my taste. The Verna did not even figure here because I did not prefer a Hyundai. So also the Venue since it was utmost a small 5 seater raised to a good ground clearance. Somewhat felt it was overpriced.

I booked the hector, second variant manual diesel. White colour. Paid 50000 bucks. I told him take your own time to deliver upto 5 months. I wanted the delivery to be in 2020. During the time I waited, I could not still give up on the others so easily. After a lot of reading about BS4/6 confusions for diesel cars and the fact I already owned Ciaz with a heavy heart I decided to let the 1.5D go. After driving the Seltos I came to appreciate the features a lot and for 18.9 lacs I was getting leather ventilated seats, Bose speakers, purifier, sun roof and what not. So I decided to cancel the hector booking and book the Seltos instead. By now it was November of 2019 and when I went to book it, they jacked the prices to 19.5 and at this price the HTX+ made no sense for VFM - my original criteria. Without a bit of thinking I dropped the Seltos as well.

Wild card entry - Mahindra Marazzo

That left the Ford Ecosport only on the list. Very capable and right in all sense of the word. I had carefully kept off MUV cars in all this search but this is where I called Mahindra and asked them whether they would give me a test drive of the marazzo and I got my 12km test drive upto my home in peak traffic. I checked for parking at my home and it was a bit tight. But still managed to feel that parking was possible correctly.

The car itself was a 120bhp 1.5 Diesel from the Mahindra stable and the first thing you notice is its super silent engine/cabin. On the test drive, it was not the star performer, but ticked many of my boxes on the list. The price was 18.6 which is why I had dropped it last year before the BRV. But here it was again this time at a whole lot lesser - almost 10%+ down on original pricing OTR. This was the M8 fully loaded model and for the value it was offering midway between 16 & 17 lacs, it was astounding enough for me.

Bonus is it was a 7 seater / 8 seater config possible. I opted for the aquamarine green and specifically did not want to go for loan, somehow managed to scoop up the money and made a full downpayment for the aquamarine colour - mid December. However a couple of days after payment was made, he said the colour isn’t available and there was a glitch on the facts he stated that car was there. This was India Garage. They offered me a white instead and he confirmed it was under transit. I had to make a choice. I opted for the 7 seater (2+2+3) , pearl white M8 top end variant of the BS4 marazzo which was on an irresistible offer price in December. The risk was with BS6 fuel on BS4 car but heck even BS2 vehicles still ply and there is nothing wrong with them and I trust the industry to find a way out.

There was a death in the family around Christmas so had to wait until that cleared up, so moved by registration to 1st of Jan 2020. So 2019 model registered in 2020. And no aquamarine, but Pearl white.

PDI and delivery

I had made the full downpayment and told him to hold the car until Jan 1st. He got it to showroom on Dec 31st, so my new year eve was spent checking it out at the basement of the showroom. Was looking good and waiting for its driver - me!!

On Jan 1st, got my FiL, wife and kids to the showroom by 4pm. Car was getting cleaned and ready. Finished paper work which was minimal - no loan, full DP and nothing much to fill. Everything was done. Someone suggested to verify against TBHP PDI so did that. Was all ok. They gave me a bouquet and some photographs later, it was mine.

My 13th car, booked on 13th Dec, was finally mine - the gentle shark Mahindra Marazzo! This is where the story begins. Due to extreme paucity of time, I will need to update this thread in different parts. Please bear with me. For now I will leave you with a couple of photos. Enjoy!

Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-img_2820.jpg

Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-img_2848.jpg

Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-img_2849.jpg
GeekSrik is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2020, 09:55   #342

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
Introduction

I am not new to T-BHP, and have been here since about mid 2006. That is now 14th year with the site. That said, I have also had the good fortune to own many new and pre-owned cars (just due to my craze in cars). I started off with a Maruti 800 3rd hand car to learn driving in 2000, after which I moved on to Fiat Palio NV, a new Maruti 800 AC, the Swift VDI, Honda City pre-owned, the Ford Figo, Nissan Sunny, Honda Civic pre-owned, Maruti Ciaz, Honda BRV pre-owned, Tata Nano pre-owned, and Maruti Celerio. As you would see after the downfall or the news of FIAT not doing so well, I went with Honda or Maruti mostly with the exception of also having the FIAT MJD where possible.
Many congratulations for a briliant buy.
I went through your reasoning & decision & completely agree to that.

I would just request you to put wheel arch cladding, it looks nice & saves the arches.

If you are love music you can just upgrade the speakers.

Mod Note: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 23rd January 2020 at 10:17.
Old 23rd January 2020, 12:50   #343
AZT
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
I am not new to T-BHP, and have been here since about mid 2006. That is now 14th year with the site. That said, I have also had the good fortune to own many new and pre-owned cars (just due to my craze in cars).

Congratulations on your car and wish you many happy miles ahead. This was a nice to read write up of how you went through the choices. I see the XUV 300 missing on the list, any reason this was out of contention (except for boot space ). Do keep updating on ownership experience

Last edited by AZT : 23rd January 2020 at 12:52.
Old 25th January 2020, 04:36   #344

Hello BHPians, I have just joined the forum though being silent follower since 2010. Thanks to the moderators for approving my membership.

I am in the market looking for a 7 seater family vehicle, not necessarily a new one. Now I have come across a pre-owned Marazzo M8 variant, November 2018 registered, 30000KM driven, at the price of Rs 13 Lakh. I can not test drive personally as I am away from India and I have to depend on my cousin for test drive evaluation. Is it worth buying at this price point; what is your opinion?

Also I have concerns about few Marazzo specific issues. Could current owners please share their opinion? I would be thankful for your valuable input that helps in my decision making

1) Is the clutch pedal placed too high to cause discomfort?
2) Does the clutch has long play with sudden bite instead of progressive bite leading to stalling?
3) Can mid-row captain seats be changed to bench seat? Do the floor has anchors to secure a bench seat?
4) Can Marazzo be used for city commute to office of around 40KM daily? Will there be leg strain due to clutch handling? Any comparable city commute experience from BHPians?
4) Sometimes I am also tempted to look at used XUV500. My priority is niggle free ownership. Given this, what should I choose between pre-owned XUV500 Vs pre-owned Marazzo?
Old 25th January 2020, 19:26   #345
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.GOUNDER View Post
Hello BHPians, I have just joined the forum though being silent follower since 2010. Thanks to the moderators for approving my membership.

I am in the market looking for a 7 seater family vehicle, not necessarily a new one. Now I have come across a pre-owned Marazzo M8 variant, November 2018 registered, 30000KM driven, at the price of Rs 13 Lakh. I can not test drive personally as I am away from India and I have to depend on my cousin for test drive evaluation. Is it worth buying at this price point; what is your opinion?

Also I have concerns about few Marazzo specific issues. Could current owners please share their opinion? I would be thankful for your valuable input that helps in my decision making

1) Is the clutch pedal placed too high to cause discomfort?
2) Does the clutch has long play with sudden bite instead of progressive bite leading to stalling?
3) Can mid-row captain seats be changed to bench seat? Do the floor has anchors to secure a bench seat?
4) Can Marazzo be used for city commute to office of around 40KM daily? Will there be leg strain due to clutch handling? Any comparable city commute experience from BHPians?
4) Sometimes I am also tempted to look at used XUV500. My priority is niggle free ownership. Given this, what should I choose between pre-owned XUV500 Vs pre-owned Marazzo?
If you have an old car to exchange, you should simply buy new one. It will cost you about 2.5lacs more with standard discounts on offer i.e 15.5lacs and with exchange, a couple of lacs lower which is what your used vehicle is being quoted at.
For the rest of the questions, maybe there owners who can comment. But am almost going ahead and booking one next week and it will be my everyday car. Until of course i realise its way too much!
XUV is not a real 7 seater so you can knock it off in car you truly want 7 seats.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks