Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2021, 20:22   #436
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review

I registered online for a Marazzo test drive, got a call back within (an impressive) one hour.
He - "Sir you requested for a test drive. What feature of Marazzo attracted you? Is it the shark fin antenna? or the Mahindra tooth grill?"
** ok I am exaggerating a bit - to be frank, I don't remember what features he listed **
Me - "I am not attracted by any feature, just want to get a feel of the car".
He - "Do you want a test drive?"
Me - "Yes, but I will buy only when the automatic is launched"
He - "There is no automatic version".
Me - "Oh. Will it not launch soon?"
Me - "But the internet is full of test mules of the automatic".
Me - "Ok I will wait for the automatic version then".
Me - "Ok bye"

I am still trying to figure out whether it's his fault or my fault

Last edited by jinojohnt : 9th February 2021 at 20:26.
jinojohnt is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th February 2021, 19:58   #437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
The First Front Brake Pads of our Xylo lasted more than 1,50,000 kms.

Please don't trust the SA blindly. You yourself verify whether the existing Brake pads have life left or not.

1.5 lakh kms!
I had my doubts before and your reply only enforced them.
The reason I asked him to check the pads was that the brakes are squeaking a little bit and also at higher speeds, the brakes don't feel smooth. As in, it feels bouncy (don't know if that makes sense to you, I can't explain better than this).
Maybe it just needs some cleaning nothing else, I haven't had a chance to pay attention to this matter since the service center visit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post

@travel monk - is this recall across all years / models? Mine is a Jan'20 manufactured car and i havent received any such call from Unnati motors.
I did not ask about this. But since you didn't receive a call, my guess is it was only for the initial batches, or maybe just a specific batch.
Old 10th February 2021, 20:05   #438
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelMonk View Post
As in, it feels bouncy (don't know if that makes sense to you, I can't explain better than this)
This could be a result of warped brake rotors. Do ask them to check as rotor warping at 27K is a little odd.

Last edited by procrj : 10th February 2021 at 20:06.
Old 13th February 2021, 18:37   #439
BHPian

Is it possible to install cruise control in M6 (2019) model? Any ideas?
Old 2nd March 2021, 11:55   #440
BHPian

Recently a friend of mine booked a Marazzo 2021 and was promised a delivery date of 07-Feb. Since then the dealer Salasar Autocraft on Ghodbunder has been delaying claiming that Mahindra do not have parts for making the 2021 model. Sounds like BS. Anybody else faced such issues?

Last edited by caffeineAM : 2nd March 2021 at 12:05. Reason: Typo
Old 2nd March 2021, 13:43   #441
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
The First Front Brake Pads of our Xylo lasted more than 1,50,000 kms.

Please don't trust the SA blindly. You yourself verify whether the existing Brake pads have life left or not.
I can second that claim, mine is at 50k Kms and on the last service the mech said they could last another 50k kms easily.
Old 4th March 2021, 16:28   #442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffeineAM View Post
Recently a friend of mine booked a Marazzo 2021 and was promised a delivery date of 07-Feb. Since then the dealer Salasar Autocraft on Ghodbunder has been delaying claiming that Mahindra do not have parts for making the 2021 model. Sounds like BS. Anybody else faced such issues?
There could be some truth in the statement. There is a semiconductor shortage in the auto industry and Mahindra may be prioritizing Thar/upcoming XUV500. This could explain the sudden drop in Marazzo sale post BS-6 introduction. Mahindra works in mysterious ways.
Old 4th March 2021, 17:18   #443
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukanta73 View Post
Is it possible to install cruise control in M6 (2019) model? Any ideas?
Just saw this query. My 2 cents on it - Don't even think about whether it is possible or not. Any sort of after-market automation that fiddles with engine behaviour, fuel system and other parameters of the power-train - should be a STRICT NO. Failures in such modifications can have catastrophic consequences. Either always buy a variant that has all these features, or live long without these features.
Reinhard is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th March 2021, 21:17   #444

Hi all, I have a 2019 April M8 model & plan to do a self drive trip to Ladakh, with my family. Any input would be extremely helpful.
Regards
Old 7th March 2021, 07:38   #445

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffeineAM View Post
I am facing the same issue. Been waiting for the vehicle since Feb, but seems nowhere in sight yet.
Old 7th March 2021, 13:54   #446
BHPian

Went to pickup a used Marazzo for one of my friends. Almost brand new, driven just above 2k Kms. While trying to rev the engine in neutral, it was not going beyond 3k mark. It's kind of capped at 3000 rpm. Didn't notice this while taking the test drive. Couldn't go for another round as it was a task to get the vehicle out their garage. Any suggestions?
Old 7th March 2021, 14:06   #447
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo roast View Post
Went to pickup a used Marazzo for one of my friends. Almost brand new, driven just above 2k Kms. While trying to rev the engine in neutral, it was not going beyond 3k mark. It's kind of capped at 3000 rpm. Didn't notice this while taking the test drive. Couldn't go for another round as it was a task to get the vehicle out their garage. Any suggestions?
Lots of cars have their revs capped at 2.5-3k rpm in neutral.

Here the Marazzo can be seen in neutral revving till only 3000rpm, nothing to worry about!
CEF_Beasts is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 9th March 2021, 11:15   #448
BHPian

Quote:
I remember reading in the Marazzo owner manual where it explicitly mentions not to rev the engine in neutral. It says it amounts to engine abuse and can void warranty.
JediKnight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2021, 17:58   #449
BHPian

I got a call from Mahindra ( Not sure if it was the dealer or from Mahindra directly) asking me to bring the vehicle as they want to add some sealant in the door to prevent rusting. Anybody else received the call ?
Old 9th March 2021, 23:57   #450
BHPian

Quote:
If I may ask, what is the purpose to rev the engine in neutral?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks