Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2023, 14:43   #541
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review

Update

Today, I visited the Mahindra service center. They checked and confirmed that the problem is with the compressor and it needs to be changed again. They ordered a new compressor and it will take at least a week to arrive.
Old 17th February 2023, 22:49   #542
BHPian

My Marazzo has been repaired and is back. The compressor was at fault and has been replaced. It is now working smoothly.

Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-img_20230217_224209.jpg

Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-screenshot_20230217_223848.jpg

Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-screenshot_20230217_223829.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 18th February 2023 at 06:14. Reason: Pictures inserted in-line.
Bonemechanic is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2023, 13:08   #543

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonemechanic View Post
My Marazzo has been repaired and is back. The compressor was at fault and has been replaced. It is now working smoothly.
Did they say what caused this failure? It's your 3rd compressor failure, any particular pattern that caused this?
Old 20th February 2023, 11:07   #544
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinKulk View Post
Did they say what caused this failure? It's your 3rd compressor failure, any particular pattern that caused this?

I asked about the problems with the compressor, such as how it occurred and what caused it, but I received a response that was full of technical terms that I didn't understand well.

The conversation included multiple references to a magnetic clutch and issues with the air compressor not working properly due to wear and tear etc.

On the positive side, I did receive a goodwill discount of 50% for the compressor.
Old 25th February 2023, 22:41   #545
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullfrog View Post
Hey All,
Thinking of upgrading the existing speakers in Marazzo to better ones. Can anyone let me know what size should I shop for - both co-axials and components. Thanks in advance.
Mahindra was selling an official speaker upgrade kit for the Marazzo some time back. It is no longer available on m2all. I have this kit installed on my car and it has significantly improved the audio quality.

This kit basically uses Hertz speakers: DCX 165.3 Co-axial speakers at the rear and DSK 165.3 component speaker at the front, with the tweeters in the A-pillar. Marazzo pre-built space for mounting tweeters in the A-pillar.

You can upgrade to the same setup if you want.
JediKnight is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2023, 17:44   #546
BHPian

A 100 thousand on a 3 year car is a lot and I think the car looks pretty solid. Have to agree that M&M and TATA are doing a great job with engine reliability. I think they need to pick their vendors carefully. 3 compressors going kaput is not a good thing.
Old 8th March 2023, 18:36   #547
BHPian

I got a "check engine" light abruptly while on the way to the Ikea store.

This is my first "check engine" light in twenty years of automotive journey. This is also my first Mahindra and a diesel.

I maintain my car immaculately and am a fanatic for fuel quality so this was a surprise to me.

I took the car immediately to the service center. They hooked up the car to a OBD scanner and the error was thrown by one of the injectors. They cleaned the injectors and gave the car back to me. The error now gone.

When I asked what could be the reason behind it, they claimed it is because of low usage. I am not completely convinced with the answer. Even though it is true the car is run sparingly: only 10K in three years, with a 6 month period when the car was completely stationary due to COVID.
JediKnight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2023, 09:46   #548
BHPian

I reached this milestone yesterday after a journey of three years and four months. Although it was not a smooth ride due to several issues with my Mahindra product, the after-sales service (ASS) was very helpful and acted promptly. My kids love this car("shark".)
In their opinion, the only missing feature is a biotoilet.

Second picture
Yesterday total run from mahindra ecosense
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-img_20230320_181428.jpg  

Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-img_20230320_194237.jpg  

Bonemechanic is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 21st March 2023, 14:24   #549
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonemechanic View Post
I reached this milestone yesterday after a journey of three years and four months.
Congratulations on reaching this milestone and wish you many more lakh kilometers of blissful ownership. One question do you keep your car always in ECO mode. I was wondering if keeping the car in ECO mode would improve injector life, after my injector scare.
Old 21st March 2023, 16:36   #550
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKnight View Post
. One question do you keep your car always in ECO mode. I was wondering if keeping the car in ECO mode would improve injector life, after my injector scare.
Thanks buddy. I really enjoy my Marazzo. My previous car was Honda Jazz CVT. Shifting from an AT to manual, I was skeptical at first. But Marazzo proved me wrong. It was a smooth transition.

I drive in eco mode most of the time. I am happy with 100 bhp in eco mode which suits my driving style. I rarely used normal mode while climbing up a few times. Not much FE difference, I think. No idea about injector life.
Old 30th March 2023, 21:32   #551
BHPian

Hello everyone!

Has Mahindra stopped selling the Marazzo? Am not sure if its a site glitch but am unable to see prices of ex showroom In Chennai for the variants.
Old 30th March 2023, 22:01   #552
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqMaster View Post
Hello everyone!

Has Mahindra stopped selling the Marazzo? Am not sure if its a site glitch but am unable to see prices of ex showroom In Chennai for the variants.
https://www.cartoq.com/13-cars-to-be...om-april-2023/
Marazzo will be axed after the implementation of BS 6 stage 2 RDE norms.
Old 1st April 2023, 22:02   #553
BHPian

I completed my car's 110000 km service yesterday at Eram Motors in Malappuram. This was my first service at this location. They performed the standard service, which included a thorough car wash, wheel alignment, and wheel rotation. Additionally, I renewed my RSA for one year at a cost of 2021/-. I am attaching a screenshot of the quote they provided. I am happy with my "shark".
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-img_20230401_215527.jpg  

Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-img_20230401_215417.jpg  

Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-screenshot_20230401_215345.jpg  

Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-screenshot_20230401_215338.jpg  

Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-screenshot_20230401_215331.jpg  

Bonemechanic is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 4th April 2023, 15:22   #554
BHPian

I drove the Marazzo M2 for about 1000 kms from Chennai to Dindigul and back, the past week. The car was rented from Zoomcar and had already clocked 1,03,xxx kms.

I drove the XL6 4Spd AT for 20K kms prior to this and have been driving automatics since the last 8 years.

Positives over the XL6
1.Driving position and comfort. Much better than XL6.
2.Gearbox was smooth to operate despite being used for 1L kms. I felt no problems getting back to driving a manual after using the XL6 AT.
3. Passenger comfort on all three rows. This is the innova replacement now (not the crysta)
4. Luggage space much better.
5. Space inside the cabin and the overall roominess.
6. Ride comfort over bad roads, speed breakers, ruts, high speeds etc.
7. Useful high beams

Negatives (this car in particular)
1. Basic audio system
2. Some broken bits like the sunshade falling off, sticky seatbelts, broken bits inside near third row
3. Fuel efficiency was only 15.5 kmpl . Being a 6spd high torque diesel, I expected more.
4. Useless Low beams.
5. Had to bang the doors to shut . It was because this car’s front had some damage due to which the panels were misaligned.
6. Weird purple lighting for the dashboard
7. No proper instant fuel economy readout. Maybe due to M2.

The car had strong vibrations at 100kmph. Perhaps bad alignment or wheel balancing. Hence I had to keep the car at around 90kmph to cruise comfortably. There were times I had to touch 120kmph to overtake vehicles and the car would quickly accelerate and then I would come back to 100kmph or thereabouts.

While returning from Dindigul we refueled the car and the check engine light came on. We were not sure if this would cause a problem on the journey. We were 4 adults and 4 children in the car, hence we did not switch off the car and kept driving for the next 8 hours. The car performed without a hiccup but the CEL remained on.

The car had many dents and dings in its doors, bumpers etc. Many rust spots from its past scars. It ran on steelies. Bits and pieces of its front wheel well claddings were hanging off. But it sounded fine, ran fine and brakes fine. No weird sounds from suspension or engine.

The AC took time to cool since the glass area is big. The second and third row servicing roof AC was effective.

At the end of the drive we paid 123xx for the rental and about 6500 for diesel for 1000kms. I thought the rental was expensive and the fuel economy was on the lower side. Perhaps the vehicle needed a service.

When we returned from the trip I regretted not buying this vehicle when I was in the market in 2021. I did not really miss driving the automatic now. Its 2nd and 3rd gears were enough to potter around at slow speeds with the car fully loaded. Never at any instance did I feel it was underpowered.

I quickly looked up the price of Marazzo and realised it was going to be discontinued.

If I was I the market now, this is the car I would buy.
TorqMaster is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 5th April 2023, 11:46   #555
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqMaster View Post
I quickly looked up the price of Marazzo and realised it was going to be discontinued.

If I was I the market now, this is the car I would buy.

The Mahindra Marazzo is a wonderful car, but Mahindra failed to capitalize on it. The design is good, the practicality is superb, and the driving is also smooth. It has good fuel efficiency and a 4-star Global NCAP safety rating. You can comfortably accommodate 7 or 8 persons, but the engine never feels lethargic. It is also a good car for moving cargo. Recently, when I was shifting my home, more than 80% of the cargo was moved in the Marazzo. The Marazzo can do what the Innova does but at a lesser price. I think if the Marazzo were launched now, after the XUV 700, Thar, and Scorpio N launch, it would be a sure hit. But sadly, they are killing the "shark".

Attaching some photos of cargo space
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-img_20230327_141817.jpg  

Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-img_20230326_110208.jpg  

Bonemechanic is online now   (14) Thanks

Most Viewed