Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2018, 23:27   #106
BANNED

Re: Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by i74js View Post
I doubt what you are saying is correct. Ideally the oil should not spray / splash out of dip stick hole.
Interesting. Let me check tomorrow if the oil sprays out from the dip stick hole in my Fiesta and Polo.

"HighwayofLife" could you check in your Marazzo and update us.
Old 19th November 2018, 00:50   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbishwa View Post
Reasons (although it was launched with introductory price only):

1. Price leak of new Ertiga
2. Achieved success (or smelled)
3. A known way to increase sales when others go for big discounts
4. A big order in progress from some commercial fleet owner..
I think have a feeling that all of these reasons are just excuses.
Brands do this all the time. Launch with a lower price, which gets documented in all the reviews, comparision articles and videos, and then quietly hike prices to a nicely comfortable margin.

The forum has been a great help in documenting all the features silently being removed from cars a few months after launch. This price hike is an action in the same vein in my opinion.
sleepyk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2018, 10:51   #108
BHPian

I happened to be in Goa for the weekend where I got a ride in the Marazzo. It was a cab which happened to be the first one in Goa(200 km on the odo). The 1.5 hr ride to the hotel in North Goa gave me a good opportunity to experience the car. I sat on the 2nd row on the bench seat and was absolutely impressed with the first touchpoints I had with the vehicle. The cabin looks premium and the best part was the ride quality. I have ridden in an XUV and drive a Duster, so have a good sense of how much body roll a BOF vehicle can give. The Marazzo scores very high in terms of cabin comfort and a very little body roll, especially for the rear seat passengers. My vehicle was the entry level Marazzo which still looked decently equipped at a first glance. Another reason why I think I was impressed with the product was that as compared to the segment leader (Innova/Crysta) this is a much cheaper priced car which (in my first impressions) can deliver nearly as much. The engine sounds smooth (low NVH) and although the driver was not pulling it hard, my guess is that it wouldn't have strained much on med-high revs. Another interesting thing I learnt was that captain seats are standard in the 2nd row in all Marazzo's and you need to pay around 18k to replace it with a bench.

The other bit which made me appreciate the car even more was that on my return to the airport, I got a Hexa. The ride quality of the Hexa comes across as hard with lot of roll. The engine sounds strained and although the Hexa had a good number of miles in the odo, the cabin couldn't have matched up to that of the Marazzo. I actually asked the Hexa driver to stop around 15 minutes into the ride, so that I could sit shotgun and not be thrown around as much. I do not want to be coming too hard on the latter vehicle here, but as I got to experience both vehicles as a passenger within a couple of days, I think I had a benchmark to compare against.

Last edited by amitdan : 23rd November 2018 at 10:53. Reason: Fixed spellings
amitdan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2018, 11:45   #109
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitdan View Post

The other bit which made me appreciate the car even more was that on my return to the airport, I got a Hexa. The ride quality of the Hexa comes across as hard with lot of roll. The engine sounds strained and although the Hexa had a good number of miles in the odo, the cabin couldn't have matched up to that of the Marazzo. I actually asked the Hexa driver to stop around 15 minutes into the ride, so that I could sit shotgun and not be thrown around as much. I do not want to be coming too hard on the latter vehicle here, but as I got to experience both vehicles as a passenger within a couple of days, I think I had a benchmark to compare against.
this is a huge surprise to me. I thought the hexa had the best ride until we hit the E-class/A6 territory. This makes me view the marazzo in a new light. I am hoping that that hexa was a poorly maintained suspension abused one.
Old 23rd November 2018, 11:53   #110
BHPian

I happened to sit for about 50 odd KMS Ina Marazzo cab recently. Mahindra for the love of God cannot tune a suspension. The same pain points from the Xylo continue. The ride is choppy, enough bodyroll to induce nausea incase you are heads down peering into your phone. Plastics are strictly average and the engine strains at higher revs. Forget the Innova, the Ertiga is a far better cab.

Last edited by SDP : 24th November 2018 at 08:02. Reason: Minor typo
AirbusCapt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2018, 13:19   #111
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitdan View Post
I happened to be in Goa for the weekend where I got a ride in the Marazzo. It was a cab which happened to be the first one in Goa(200 km on the odo). The 1.5 hr ride to the hotel in North Goa gave me a good opportunity to experience the car. The cabin looks premium and the best part was the ride quality. I have ridden in an XUV and drive a Duster, so have a good sense of how much body roll a BOF vehicle can give. The Marazzo scores very high in terms of cabin comfort and a very little body roll, especially for the rear seat passengers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirbusCapt View Post
I happened to sit for about 50 odd KMS Ina Marazzo cab recently. Mahindra for the love of God cannot tune a suspension. The same pain points from the Xylo continue. The ride is choppy, enough bodyroll to induce nausea incase you are heads down peering into your phone. Plastics are strictly average and the engine stains at higher revs. Forget the Innova, the Ertiga is a far better cab.
Wow! contrasting views to such a level. I am completely confused with the ride quality part. What is going on with the perceived ride quality of Hexa and Marazzo. The ride quality definition is definitely different for each one.
pavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2018, 13:54   #112
BHPian

On 20th I drove a M8 Marazzo full house. My take on:

1. In seating comfort Marazzo is better than Crysta, including last row even when there is no tilt provision in the last row and less tilt in 2nd row for Marazzo. The hand-rest provided in Crysta is inconveniently less wide.

2. Ride & handling of Crysta is better than Marazzo. The steering feel was feather light for Marazzo at all speed.

3. Marazzo wins hands down in 3rd row approach (compared with any 7 seater)

4. Marazzo's AC blower at higher speed can trouble your ear-drums.

5. You cannot pass between the captain seats, if needed, a child may try.

6. Boot is good for a 7 seater in Marazzo, Crysta is better. Also, Crysta's space management after folding rear seats is far better, next to Lodgy only.

7. Marazzo is a more silent car, both from inside & outside.

Now, let's wait for new Ertiga.

Last edited by Aditya : 12th December 2018 at 07:19. Reason: Typo corrected.
kbishwa is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th December 2018, 16:54   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
This will happen in any car! The disptick is supposed to be opened only to check for oil level when the engine is off. When the engine is on the oil will splash out! Seriously this guy is just posting a video with zero auto knowledge. With customers like these wonder how Mahindra will resolve their "problems"!!

Engine blow-by is what it's called.
In other words, compression leak!

Last edited by jeeva : 4th December 2018 at 16:56.
jeeva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2018, 17:17   #114
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeva View Post
This is not engine blow by in this case! It is engine oil splash from the Crankshaft as the Dipstick has been opened in running condition.
Engine blow by is combustion gases leaking out into the crankcase. There is no evidence of any gases leaking out from the engine and it is just oil splash. If there were combustion pressure leakage it would probably blow out the dipstick itself and cause oil adulteration and very quickly seize the engine!
Behemoth is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2018, 18:26   #115
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeva View Post
Usually the blow-by gases are vented away from the crankcase into the air intake circuit itself, since it is disallowed to be discharged into the atmosphere. When the dipstick was removed, a new path opened up, and the slightly higher pressure (than air) gases found their way out, and dragged a bit of oil due to suction effect. Only a moron will remove the dipstick with the engine running.
venkyhere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2018, 13:37   #116
BHPian

Marazzo scores an impressive 4 star rating in GNCAP testing.

jpcoolguy is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th December 2018, 17:10   #117
BHPian

Another excellent news. 4 stars is really good news. Lets see how does the new Ertiga fare. That new platform on the Ertiga has not got off to a good start !
Looking at the video, it seems that the body structure remains stable an no effect seen on the doors as well.

coldice4u is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th December 2018, 13:25   #118
BHPian

While every one is comparing Crysta and Marazzo - I am stuck between XUV and Marazzo. Although they are from different segment, both check the criteria I have -

1. City car, occasional highway rides
2. Good Mileage - Diesel
3. Mostly 3-4 seating and large boot but with a capability to seat 7 since I have frequent guests and don't want to divide them into 2 cars everytime.
Old 10th December 2018, 14:04   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahwa View Post
While every one is comparing Crysta and Marazzo - I am stuck between XUV and Marazzo. Although they are from different segment, both check the criteria I have -

1. City car, occasional highway rides
2. Good Mileage - Diesel
3. Mostly 3-4 seating and large boot but with a capability to seat 7 since I have frequent guests and don't want to divide them into 2 cars everytime.
Marazzo will surely return you better FE numbers than XUV. While both might be similar on highway rides, you seem to have specified city centric usage where Marazzo will be more economical

Another plus for Marazzo is the rear captain seats. 3-4 can travel in better comfort as compared to XUV

Having said that, XUV is priced close to Marazzo and is considered more premium. First two rows are equally spacious in both.

If i were to pick a car of this size, it will be an automatic and only XUV comes with an AT as of now.
rajshenoy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2018, 14:15   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Marazzo will surely return you better FE numbers than XUV. While both might be similar on highway rides, you seem to have specified city centric usage where Marazzo will be more economical

Another plus for Marazzo is the rear captain seats. 3-4 can travel in better comfort as compared to XUV

Having said that, XUV is priced close to Marazzo and is considered more premium. First two rows are equally spacious in both.

If i were to pick a car of this size, it will be an automatic and only XUV comes with an AT as of now.
One more point to consider. Marazzo has much better ride than XUV. XUV has vigorous side to side movement on broken surfaces.
JediKnight is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed