Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2019, 18:54   #166
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hurricane View Post
Congratulations on your new car purchase. Do share your initial ownership experience especially of the engine, transmission and riding comfort.
The quick start guide of the car says not to drive the car above 80 kmph in the first 1000 km and to drive it only at low to medium RPMs. Hence I have not tested the engine fully. But I found the engine to have enough grunt on the highway at an almost full capacity - 7 adults and a couple of small suitcases in the boot. There is significant lag at low RPM in the second gear at full load though, and it takes a while to get going.
The gearbox is super smooth, a delight to drive!
And the way this car tackles potholes and speed-breakers is impressive. I just feel that at 35 psi tyre pressure the car becomes a bit too bouncy. I will try reducing the pressure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohansrides View Post
Thanks for your response. But, I am 100% sure that the silver coloured alloys I saw on the TD M8 cars were 17". I am saying this because the 16" wheels have an entirely different design that cannot be mistaken for the 17" wheels.
I have never seen this! Do let me know if you find out about the silver alloys.

Quote:
I asked you about Infinity, Vikhroli, because if I decide to proceed forward, they will be my dealership as they are the ones closest to me.
Go with them, I did not have a bad experience at all!

Quote:
By the way, I am now hearing that there is going to be an 8 seater M8. Personally, I need maximum real estate to seat the people in my family. So, an 8 seater M8 is right down my alley. Moving forward, I am really hoping that Mahindra and Infinity, Vikhroli, can arrange a test drive for me in an 8 seater version of the Marazzo just so I can sit in the 3rd row during a drive and see how it feels behind a full bench.
Dont they have an 8 seater M6 for TD? The seats are going to be the same on the 8 seater M8 I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKnight View Post
I think the lesser versions of Marazzo: M6 and below will ride significantly better than M8. Reason being bigger side walls and lesser tyre pressure. M8 has a recommended pressure of 35 psi and M6 and below is 32 psi.

Also where did you get the tyres inflated? At the petrol bunk? Never trust these guys accuracy. Over inflate the tyres at the bunk. Then use a high quality pressure gauge at home to deflate the tryes to the correct pressure when the vehicle is stationary for an hour and more. So that the tyres have cooled down.
Yes I got them inflated at a petrol station with a digital, settable tyre pressure inflator. I will cross check it with another petrol station too. Dont have a high quality pressure gauge at home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Mahindra Marazzo M8 eight-seater launched at ₹ 13.98 lakh.( ex-showroom Pan India)
Ohh why couldn't they just launch it at the start!! Disappointing.
Intrnl_Cmbstn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2019, 08:26   #167
Distinguished - BHPian

Mahindra displays the Marazzo at the on-going Detroit Auto Show, just to show its engineering was done at the company’s North American facilities !

Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-2.jpg

Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-1.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 16th January 2019, 15:15   #168
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche_guy View Post
What's up with manufacturers these days? Why can't they offer all configurations right at the time of launch?
Quote:
Great question. A better question would be, what made them think that an 8 seater would not be preferable to customers who choose the top end variant?
Dumb fools. There is only a price difference of 8k, so it's definitely not sticker shock.

If you don't give the customer what he wants, he will gladly take his business elsewhere. Am happy to see that the error has been corrected, but I do hope they get everything sorted before the launch next time.
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th January 2019, 18:32   #169
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrnl_Cmbstn View Post
Dont they have an 8 seater M6 for TD? The seats are going to be the same on the 8 seater M8 I guess.
Both their TD cars are M8 7 seaters. The M6 cars they have are all customers' cars that are awaiting delivery. TDing them is out of question.

I actually do not want to drive an 8 seater as I feel that I have all the information I need (from a driver's perspective) after previous test drives of the 7 seater. All I want to do is to sit in the third and second rows of an 8 seater Marazzo when someone else is driving. The dealership has asked me to sit in the second and third rows of parked 8 seaters. But I feel that that would not be adequately informative about two aspects:

a.) Actual usable shoulder room while accounting for lateral movement experienced when the car is moving.

b.) The extent to which the third row feels claustrophobic (or not) behind a full bench when the car is moving at highway speeds.

So I am now awaiting a TD in an 8 seater Marazzo; either from the dealership or directly from Mahindra.
Old 17th January 2019, 14:34   #170
BHPian

Another thing I noted on the TD vehicle was a shark fin antenna, but it is not a standard fitment on the car, not even on my top variant (weird omission on a Rs. 16.75 lakh OTR car which is "inspired by a shark"). It is not even an option on the official accessories brochure. When I asked the salesperson about the shark fin antenna on the TD Marazzo, told me it is still "under testing", not offered to customers.

However in a recent newspaper ad of Marazzo I noticed the car in picture had a shark fin antenna. Now they usually show the top variant in ads, and usually without any optional accessories. Does that mean the shark fin antenna could be standard fitment on the 2019 models?

Even the car on stage at the time of Marazzo's launch had a shark fin antenna:
Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-untitled3_660_090318011322.jpg

Last edited by Intrnl_Cmbstn : 17th January 2019 at 14:54.
Intrnl_Cmbstn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2019, 16:38   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It is not even an option on the official accessories brochure. When I asked the salesperson about the shark fin antenna on the TD Marazzo, told me it is still "under testing", not offered to customers.
Seems like you didn't check the Marazzo Accessories Brochure carefully. Attaching 2 screenshots from it where the Shark Fin Antenna is clearly mentioned and shown in the brochure.

Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-screenshot_20190117161358598_com.google.android.apps.docs.png

Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-screenshot_20190117161416105_com.google.android.apps.docs.png

Also, if you check the mahindrasyouv website and choose the customisation options for Marazzo, the Shark Fin Antenna is available as an accessory for Rs.541. So, I am sure that the sales person is not telling you the truth and just trying to give a reason for something he does not know. How can a simple thing like a Shark Fin Antenna be something "under testing" when it is being used by so many manufacturers in so many models?

Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-screenshot_20190117163052292_com.android.chrome.png
AdityaDeane is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th January 2019, 15:55   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
Attaching 2 screenshots from it where the Shark Fin Antenna is clearly mentioned and shown in the brochure.
I just checked with the salesperson and they told me that the shark fin antenna has been recalled my Mahindra. Quality issues - with this antenna the radio is unable to tune into several radio frequencies. The dealer has these accessories and they could fit it in my car if I want but I will face this problem in the radio.

I was told the same thing by the salesperson as well as his team leader separately.
Another accessory that Mahindra has recalled is the footboard as it tends to bottom out on speed bumps.
Intrnl_Cmbstn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2019, 22:02   #173
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra has updated the Marazzo brochure about 8 seater variant in M8 now.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Brochure (3).pdf (2.57 MB, 472 views)

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 20th January 2019 at 00:21. Reason: Removed broken attachment link
AdityaDeane is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2019, 08:54   #174
BHPian

Quote:
I just checked with the salesperson and they told me that the shark fin antenna has been recalled my Mahindra. Quality issues - with this antenna the radio is unable to tune into several radio frequencies. The dealer has these accessories and they could fit it in my car if I want but I will face this problem in the radio.

I was told the same thing by the salesperson as well as his team leader separately.
Another accessory that Mahindra has recalled is the footboard as it tends to bottom out on speed bumps.
They just installed an updated footboard in my vehicle after I rejected the first one. Let's see how it works. What surprised me was the issue with the Shark Fin Antenna- that should have been an integral part of the vehicle instead of an accessory. Also, they're apparently facing issues with the backlit scuff-boards, which I promptly avoided. Mahindra needs to think through these things carefully
HighwayofLife is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2019, 03:15   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighwayofLife View Post
They just installed an updated footboard in my vehicle after I rejected the first one. Let's see how it works.
Could you please post photograph of the new (updated) footboard. How is it working out to be?

I am talking delivery of my Marazzo this week. I want to install footboard for my mother.
Old 22nd January 2019, 14:52   #176
BHPian

Few Marazzo Pictures, in different moods-different angles. The same is covered in detail with description in one of the travelogue in the process of being uploaded.

Marazzo's first ride: Marazzo on a ferry in Chilka lake
Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-tbhp-chilka20.jpg

Beauty pageant:
Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-tbhp-gopalpur20_li.jpg

Rubbing shoulders with a Merc:
Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-tbhp-lagoon-28_li.jpg

A closer look near driver's door:
Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-tbhp-marazzo-jankia.jpg

Stopped to have some NH-roadside food (watermelon):
Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-tbhp-marazzo-kuakhia-helmet-checking.jpg

Fuel lid can be opened when your doors are unlocked-
Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-tbhp-marazzo-fueled-jatani.jpg

Driving through Chilka: NH-316. In the background there are migratory birds which are in plenty in winter:
Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-tbhp-marazzo-through-chilka1.jpg

Many people talked about similarity of rear lamps of Marazzo and Lodgy
Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-tbhp-marazzo-logan-back_li.jpg

Tampara Lake parking, near Gopalpur (on NH-16)
Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-tbhp-tampara-lake_1.jpg

Through Chilka in one of the many villages crossed through, look the bike-rider wearing helmet.
Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-tbhp-through-chilka5.jpg

Across Chilka:
Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-tbhp-through-chilkamarazzo1.jpg

Posing for a click:
Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-tbhp-through-chilkamarazzo3.jpg

Last edited by kbishwa : 22nd January 2019 at 15:01. Reason: Added remarks
kbishwa is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 24th January 2019, 14:55   #177
BHPian

I have added roof rails and rear spoiler aftermarket (not from the Mahindra dealer) to add some visual appeal. I have found the rear spoiler, though not a very big addition, adds a lot of character to the rear of an MPV. I had it on my Ertiga and I used to find my Ertiga much better looking from the rear as compared to other Ertigas without spoilers

Just had to get one on my Marazzo too:

Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-img_20190119_094817.jpg
Intrnl_Cmbstn is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th January 2019, 15:19   #178
BHPian

Posted travelogue on my recent 5 days trip to Bhubaneswar-Gopalpur-Chilka-Puri.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/trave...ilka-puri.html

Quote:
I have added roof rails and rear spoiler aftermarket (not from the Mahindra dealer) to add some visual appeal. I have found the rear spoiler, though not a very big addition, adds a lot of character to the rear of an MPV. I had it on my Ertiga and I used to find my Ertiga much better looking from the rear as compared to other Ertigas without spoilers
Please provide the rear-view also. Looking better from side view though. Is the roof-rails functional, can we add carrier on it? How much do they cost? I'm planning to add doors and bumpers protector.

Last edited by Aditya : 1st February 2019 at 17:47. Reason: Posts merged. Please use MULTI-QUOTE/QUOTE+. Typos fixed. Thanks!
kbishwa is offline   Received Infraction
Old 25th January 2019, 12:27   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Took delivery of the silver Marazzo M8 on 9th Jan from Infinity Autolinks, Vikhroli, Mumbai..........

Me with the car:
Attachment 1836025
Congrats on the new Marazzo . Wishing you many happy and safe miles .

The Car and it's owner look equally happy in this pic .
Asish_VK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2019, 15:42   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbishwa View Post
Even if price is no criteria, a Marazzo is a competitive car.

If you want an automatic, there is Crysta only, with around twice as big engine as of Marazzo, higher power output and unquestionable reliability. Don't even think twice. Fuel efficiency will be little less though.
The Tata Hexa XTA with it's smooth PowerGlide sourced transmission is also a fantastic choice if you are looking for an automatic. As @GTO mentioned, the 2 Indian manufacturers Tata Motors & M&M have really upped there game & one feels proud of these world class Made In India products.

Most Viewed