Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2019, 19:03   #181
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbishwa View Post

Please provide the rear-view also. Looking better from side view though. Is the roof-rails functional, can we add career on it? How much do they cost? I'm planning to add doors and bumpers protector.
Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-img_20190125_180119.jpg

Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-img_20190125_180153.jpg

Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-img_20190125_180200.jpg

Today I was scheduled to take my Marazzo to the service center for the first free service @ 1,000 km. It was just back from a weekend trip of 450 km with some members of my family. I noticed resistance from the gearbox to slip into the 1st and 2nd gears (sometimes, not always). It required undue effort to slot into the gears. I brought this to the notice of the service advisors and upon a test drive, they agreed about this problem and agreed to look into it. However I got a call later saying that even after their attempts the problem remains. They have contacted Mahindra for a solution as this is the first time that they have come across this problem in the Marazzo. I hope this is not something big, though I fear the worst. Fingers crossed.
Intrnl_Cmbstn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th January 2019, 16:10   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Posted travelogue on my recent 5 days trip to Bhubaneswar-Gopalpur-Chilka-Puri.
I went through it and found it very interesting.

How do you feel about the ride quality on the highways with 35 psi tyre pressure?

Quote:
Is the roof-rails functional, can we add career on it? How much do they cost? I'm planning to add doors and bumpers protector.
No the roof rails are not functional. They are stuck to the roof, not bolted (did not want to mess with the bodywork of a new car). You can add certain carriers on it, depending on the design of the clamps. The ones that make the carriers sit higher will do. I have found door and bumper protectors are not very protective. When the car will brush against another vehicles, it will often be at a different spot to where you have applied the protectors. And some of these protectors compromise on the overall aesthetics and looks of the car.
Intrnl_Cmbstn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2019, 11:25   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrnl_Cmbstn View Post

Today I was scheduled to take my Marazzo to the service center for the first free service @ 1,000 km. It was just back from a weekend trip of 450 km with some members of my family. I noticed resistance from the gearbox to slip into the 1st and 2nd gears (sometimes, not always). It required undue effort to slot into the gears. I brought this to the notice of the service advisors and upon a test drive, they agreed about this problem and agreed to look into it. However I got a call later saying that even after their attempts the problem remains. They have contacted Mahindra for a solution as this is the first time that they have come across this problem in the Marazzo. I hope this is not something big, though I fear the worst. Fingers crossed.
UPDATE: So Mahindra decided to change the gear shifter tower on my car as they could not resolve the problem after trying multiple things. It is shocking that such change of part needs to be done a brand new car. My service center did not have this part in stock, so they have ordered it from the company. Meanwhile I have the car back with me as it could 4-5 days for the part to arrive.
Old 31st January 2019, 14:47   #184
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone know whether there is an option in the Marazzo's system to change to illumination from Purple to some other colour?

I checked the owner's manual (link), but couldn't find it.
Old 31st January 2019, 23:01   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
Does anyone know whether there is an option in the Marazzo's system to change to illumination from Purple to some other colour?

I checked the owner's manual (link), but couldn't find it.
I don't think you have this option. Its just one fixed colour.
Old 1st February 2019, 04:48   #186
BHPian

Quote:
How do you feel about the ride quality on the highways with 35 psi tyre pressure?
When I'm full house, I keep 35, however I find the car to be more compliant at 32 psi.

Quote:
No the roof rails are not functional. They are stuck to the roof, not bolted (did not want to mess with the bodywork of a new car). You can add certain carriers on it, depending on the design of the clamps. The ones that make the carriers sit higher will do. I have found door and bumper protectors are not very protective. When the car will brush against another vehicles, it will often be at a different spot to where you have applied the protectors. And some of these protectors compromise on the overall aesthetics and looks of the car.
Thanks. Dropped the idea as of now until I get some better options.

Quote:
UPDATE: So Mahindra decided to change the gear shifter tower on my car as they could not resolve the problem after trying multiple things. It is shocking that such change of part needs to be done a brand new car. My service center did not have this part in stock, so they have ordered it from the company. Meanwhile I have the car back with me as it could 4-5 days for the part to arrive.
Pls accept that some part of risk is always involved with a new launch. Even the Crysta had some. Probably for that reason GTO suggested to wait for at least an year before going for a new model from Mahindra's stable. But, trust me the things will be rectified soon and this can happen to any car. Touch wood my car is performing perfectly, so it is not a general problem.

Last edited by kbishwa : 1st February 2019 at 04:50.
kbishwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2019, 19:01   #187
BHPian

I love DRLs on cars. But I feel the Marazzo should deserved a better design for its DRLs. They are the inverted version of the first generation facelifted (2011 i guess) Hyundai i20 DRLs.

Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-img_20190118_222028.jpg
Old 3rd February 2019, 20:47   #188
BHPian

I got footboard installed on my Marazzo. It bottoms out even on small speed breakers and potholes. My Swift does much better than Marazzo !!
Old 4th February 2019, 14:24   #189
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagabond128 View Post
I got footboard installed on my Marazzo. It bottoms out even on small speed breakers and potholes. My Swift does much better than Marazzo !!
Even though the footboard accessory does not come with a disclaimer ‘may decrease the effective ground clearance massively’, it is expected. Since the Marazzo’s wheelbase is larger than the Swift’s, the ground clearance reduction would be more prominent. Measure the ground clearance now considering the footboard and check how much of a difference it has made to the factory ground clearance. You may need to remove the accessory if it is bottoming out a lot.
Old 4th February 2019, 18:51   #190
Senior - BHPian

Last weekend I went to test drive the Ertiga with high hopes on VDI/ZDI variants. After test driving not so comfortable Ertiga, ended up driving Marazzo from near by showroom.I felt that the Marazzo is superior and better engineered vehicle compared to Ertiga.

However there is a catch, The Ertiga ZDI is close to 10.39 ex-showroom which is loaded with fancy features like start stop button, auto folding mirror etc and also has an auto-AC. However M2, the base variant of the Marazzo is not even equipped with remote central lock forget about electrically adjustable mirror or the fog lamp .

Any idea if it possible to fit the central lock , fog lamps in the M2 version of Marazzo from the showroom? I can trade off Ertiga ZDI for manually adjustable/ foldable mirrors , lack of Auto-AC but surely lack of remote lock will be a big pain. The next M4 variants crosses 10L ex-showroom tax slab in Karnataka hence the M4 on-road prices will be significantly costlier than M2 for the couple of lame feature it offers over M2 base variant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagabond128 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
Even though the footboard accessory does not come with a disclaimer .
As per this post, Mahindra had recalled the foot step https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post4530307 (Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review)
Old 4th February 2019, 19:22   #191
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
Any idea if it possible to fit the central lock , fog lamps in the M2 version of Marazzo from the showroom?
Fog lamps are an easy retrofit at the showroom but if your variant doesnt have a switch, it will be slightly difficult or you will need a different switch for them.

Central locking at the showroom can be done with their accessory vendor so that you do not face any warranty hassles if they arise.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2019, 22:09   #192
Team-BHP Support

Pointed out a Marrazzo to my wife

"Theres the new Mahindra Marrazzo"

"Err, eww, it looks like a cheap Innova"

Oh dear! I am sure to be banned by virtue of marriage out here!
ajmat is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th February 2019, 22:45   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post

That's pretty apt description. I am sure this was the product brief for Marrazzo.
BANDHAV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2019, 20:42   #194
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post

This is unfortunate. Because for the money, I think that the Marazzo that is the better product. Yes, it has some irritating ergonomic niggles in the interior, such as that annoying handbrake, the non-reclining 3rd row and the small boot.

But, on the flip side, the interiors of the Marazzo feel much more spacious than that of the Innova. Also, the Marazzo's engine refinement and driveability is excellent. The Innova, by contrast, feels like a battle tank with heavy steering, poor NVH, and a dancing gear lever that makes me feel like I am driving an ST bus.

Then, you have to factor in the GNCAP rating for the Marazzo. I don't think that Toyota is even inclined to participate in GNCAP ratings.

Finally, the Innova's pricing is absolutely ridiculous!! I actually think that the Marazzo itself should have been 14.5 to 15 lacs on the road (rather than 17) for a top end M8. That would have been fair.

I say all this after back to back TDs of both cars.

Last edited by mohansrides : 6th February 2019 at 20:45.
mohansrides is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2019, 11:51   #195
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

I work in a PSU. Its one of the maharatnas. Recently our CMD was at the plant for a 2 day visit. He drove down the 400 odd kms from Delhi along with his entourage.

The vehicle he uses these days is a Marazzo. White plates, speculatively his personal choice among all the options he had.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks