Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2019, 19:45   #226
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review

Marazzo production crosses 25K

Source

Quote:
Just last week, it was confirmed that more than 20,000 customers now drive a Mahindra Marazzo. Now there’s more to cheer about. Mahindra Marazzo production at the Nashik plant has reached the 25k landmark. The 10k Mahindra Marazzo production mark was reached in mid-November, 2018.

For the fiscal (September to March), the company sold 24,130 units. Last November, price increase by Rs. 30,000 – Rs. 40,000 was announced for Mahindra Marazzo wef January 1, 2019.
AdityaDeane is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2019, 10:59   #227
BHPian

Happened to see a TV commercial of Marazzo yesterday. It mentions "Recommended by Team-BHP". Great to see that car makers are seriously taking into account the reviews of this forum. Felt proud to be part of the Team-BHP community.
SachinVD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th April 2019, 12:31   #228
BHPian

A quick question to M6 owners. Has anyone tried to update the M6's stereo with Android Auto/Apple car play? I understand that the M6 and M8 share the same stereo interface. Just curious to know if the stereo in M6 has this compatibility and if Mahindra had deliberately left the software upgrade to differentiate between the variants.

The reason this sparked in my mind is because initially M8's stereo was available only with Android Auto and Apple car play was later added as a software upgrade. I hope a similar upgrade to the software will enable Android Auto in M6's stereo as well.
Old 2nd May 2019, 14:39   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKnight View Post
Thread is remarkably silent without any recent posts from owners. Does this imply that Mahindra managed a niggle free product right at launch ? If this is true, this will be tremendous achievement for Mahindra. In the past, Mahindra together with Tata, has been accused of using the initial customers as guinea pigs. Also shows the engineering maturity of their Michigan center.

I have personally faced a major niggle with the Marazzo. Here are my two previous posts about that:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrnl_Cmbstn View Post

Today I was scheduled to take my Marazzo to the service center for the first free service @ 1,000 km. It was just back from a weekend trip of 450 km with some members of my family. I noticed resistance from the gearbox to slip into the 1st and 2nd gears (sometimes, not always). It required undue effort to slot into the gears. I brought this to the notice of the service advisors and upon a test drive, they agreed about this problem and agreed to look into it. However I got a call later saying that even after their attempts the problem remains. They have contacted Mahindra for a solution as this is the first time that they have come across this problem in the Marazzo. I hope this is not something big, though I fear the worst. Fingers crossed.
Quote:
UPDATE: So Mahindra decided to change the gear shifter tower on my car as they could not resolve the problem after trying multiple things. It is shocking that such change of part needs to be done a brand new car. My service center did not have this part in stock, so they have ordered it from the company. Meanwhile I have the car back with me as it could 4-5 days for the part to arrive.
So after a week of this, the gear shifter tower was changed. I was initially not very impressed with the job. Though the gear shifting had become smooth, to me it still did not feel the way it felt during the test drive - butter smooth. To prove their point the service center let me drive a spanking new Marazzo M2 that they had with them to prepare for delivery. After that drive I had to admit, the gear shifts on my Marazzo felt quite similar to this one's. It took me a while to get completely satisfied with the gear shifting. I also asked for the opinion of friends/family who drove my car, and no one seemed to find anything wrong with the gear shifting after the replacement of shifter tower. After a few weeks I too found peace with it.
Intrnl_Cmbstn is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2019, 18:11   #230
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
To prove their point the service center let me drive a spanking new Marazzo M2 that they had with them to prepare for delivery.
Isn't it unethical to do something like that ? Would you accept if you pop into the showroom on the day previous to delivery date, and find that someone is out with your car for a TD ?
venkyhere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2019, 15:11   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
Isn't it unethical to do something like that ? Would you accept if you pop into the showroom on the day previous to delivery date, and find that someone is out with your car for a TD ?
It was a fleet vehicle with a yellow number plate. I did not feel guilty as it was not someone's personal car. I would have completely denied if it was a private car. I in fact said no thanks the first time I was asked, but the service centre guys insisted so I agreed.

On a sidenote, these cars are anyway driven down from the stockyard to the service centre and then to the showroom by their staff, who drive these cars much worse than I ever would. One of my workplaces is in Bhiwandi where the stockyards for Mumbai city of all major car manufacturers are present. I often see cars from Mercs to Marutis being driven into the city for delivery and believe me they way some of them are driven, you'd not feel guilty of driving one if you are going to drive it for a few hundred meters in a responsible way.
Intrnl_Cmbstn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th May 2019, 18:28   #232
Senior - BHPian

I request some help from fellow Marazzo owners, a close relative recently bought a Marazzo M2 and called me to ask a couple of queries since he knows i am a team bhp member :

1. The passenger seat belt reminder keeps ringing even if no one is sitting on the passenger seat. The service centre told me that even if no one is sitting, you have to pull and latch the seat belt in locked position since the car has no way of knowing if some one is sitting or not. This sounds weird and i do not know if it is only for M2, our new Baleno also has the same thing but it has a weight sensor, it only rings for passenger seat belt only if some one is sitting on that seat.

2. Other thing he told me and i also noticed while driving was that the brakes are too spongy? They seem weak, first 50% of pedal travel gives negligible braking and the pedal goes in way too much. Is it the norm of should we get the brakes bled?
Thanks
Old 11th May 2019, 07:14   #233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
1. The passenger seat belt reminder keeps ringing even if no one is sitting on the passenger seat.
Silly but true. I face the same issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
2. Other thing he told me and i also noticed while driving was that the brakes are too spongy?
Brakes are not very confidence inspiring, but not this bad. You may want to probe further on this one.
vagabond128 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2019, 08:44   #234
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagabond128 View Post
Silly but true. I face the same issue.
Calling it silly would be an optimistic way of looking at it, it is utter blunder if we take into account the normal use cases. Let’s say for the time being you overcome it by putting the seatbelt on the passenger seat. For a passer by, it seems that you are travelling with a ghost. Who knows some one may even think you are travelling with a family of ghosts (I am one among those ) as people or ghosts don’t put seatbelt while sitting on rear seats in India.

Note : I am just kidding, ghosts don’t exist. Do they?!!
Old 17th May 2019, 17:45   #235
BHPian

Hello y'all!
I own a Marazzo M8. After 6 months and 6k kms, I think I can answer any initial queries or doubts about the vehicle.
TravelMonk is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th May 2019, 20:39   #236
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelMonk View Post
Hello y'all!
I own a Marazzo M8. After 6 months and 6k kms, I think I can answer any initial queries or doubts about the vehicle.
Hi!

Would be great if you can start an ownership thread. A guide for your help. https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/annou...-team-bhp.html (How to create a NEW THREAD on Team-BHP)

And welcome to Team-BHP .
Sheel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th May 2019, 09:55   #237
BHPian

Quote:
Hello y'all!
1. Any niggles.
2. How is the ride quality.
3. AC performance.
4. Did you have an experience of taking it on a slope with full load. If yes how did it perform. Did the turbo-lag cause trouble.

Last edited by ajmat : 26th May 2019 at 19:41.
Old 19th May 2019, 13:50   #238
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello y'all!
Looks like this is very first post of yours on this forum, so first of all welcome to TBHP . Also many congratulations of becoming a proud owner of the Marazzo First of all please share with us how did you shortlist Marazzo and then you initial experience after bringing the car home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Would be great if you can start an ownership thread. A guide for your help. https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/annou...-team-bhp.html (How to create a NEW THREAD on Team-BHP)
I agree with Sheel above. Although it is a bit tedious, but nothing can give you more satisfaction than starting your ownership thread and helping prospective TBHPians and non-forum members as well with your experience of owning and driving the Marazzo. Here's wishing you thousands of happy (s)miles with your car.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2019, 13:51   #239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKnight View Post
1. Any niggles.
2. How it the ride quality.
3. AC performance.
4. Did you have an experience of taking it on a slope with full load. If yes how did it perform. Did the turbo-lag cause trouble.

1. No niggles so far. Everything seems good. But we'll see what happens after a year or so.
2. Ride quality is superb! Now, before anyone quotes me on it, I have not much experience to compare it with others. But so far what I have experienced is that the ride quality is really good. Even on bad roads and full load of 7 people and luggage, we found it really comfortable. I am impressed. A friend of mine is an owner of a Scorpio for 3 years now, and he too was impressed with the ride quality.
3. AC is decent. Does the job pretty well. The rear AC really helps and oddly in my opinion cools better than the front. The roof mounted vents are sufficient even for the third row passengers.
4. Turbo lag is noticeable, can't deny that. After about 2200 RPM it picks up really well. You might get irritated with the lag initially, but you'll get used to it. In case of me, I upgraded from a small tiny car and hence the lag didn't bother me much. Not full load, but I had the chance to take on a slope with 5 people in the car. It performed well, turbo lag did not cause any trouble.

Happy to answer more questions
TravelMonk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2019, 17:09   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Looks like this is very first post of yours on this forum, so first of all welcome to TBHP . Also many congratulations of becoming a proud owner of the Marazzo First of all please share with us how did you shortlist Marazzo and then you initial experience after bringing the car home

I agree with Sheel above. Although it is a bit tedious, but nothing can give you more satisfaction than starting your ownership thread and helping prospective TBHPians and non-forum members as well with your experience of owning and driving the Marazzo. Here's wishing you thousands of happy (s)miles with your car.

Thank you!
I will start an ownership thread in a few days.
And also, share my reasons for choosing Marazzo over others and my initial impressions.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks