Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2019, 12:08   #241
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelMonk View Post
Hello y'all!
I own a Marazzo M8. After 6 months and 6k kms, I think I can answer any initial queries or doubts about the vehicle.
Congrats on your purchase of Marazzo

I could see fellow Marazzo owners complaining about the co-driver seat belt warning coming up even though there are no co-passengers seated. Did you face any such problems?
harish5000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2019, 12:33   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harish5000 View Post
Congrats on your purchase of Marazzo

I could see fellow Marazzo owners complaining about the co-driver seat belt warning coming up even though there are no co-passengers seated. Did you face any such problems?
Thank you
No, I did not face such an issue.
Old 22nd May 2019, 01:18   #243
Senior - BHPian

Came across this brochure of the DC Variants of Marazzo. Seems like it can be done on all variants (M2-M8).

[ATTACH=DCvariant-Brochure.pdf]1877921[/ATTACH]
Attached Files
File Type: pdf DCvariant-Brochure.pdf (1.10 MB, 538 views)

Last edited by AdityaDeane : 22nd May 2019 at 01:22.
Old 22nd May 2019, 08:57   #244
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelMonk View Post
Thank you
No, I did not face such an issue.
So seems like a batch issue!!! Could you please ask someone to sit on co-passenger seat and ask not to wear seat belt, try driving and check if the seatbelt warning is triggered for the co-passenger just to make sure the seatbelt warning is well in place.
Old 22nd May 2019, 10:48   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
So seems like a batch issue!!! Could you please ask someone to sit on co-passenger seat and ask not to wear seat belt, try driving and check if the seatbelt warning is triggered for the co-passenger just to make sure the seatbelt warning is well in place.
I always make the co-passengers wear the seat belt. But I will check again without the seat belt as soon as possible and update.
Old 25th May 2019, 11:26   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post

1. The passenger seat belt reminder keeps ringing even if no one is sitting on the passenger seat.
Passenger sear belt reminder?? I have a Marazzo M8 and I think this does not even exist on my car! This is strange.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
2. Other thing he told me and i also noticed while driving was that the brakes are too spongy? They seem weak, first 50% of pedal travel gives negligible braking and the pedal goes in way too much.
The initial travel of the brake is not very confidence inspiring. But it sheds speed well. Travel is long, but better to get it checked. Try another Marazzo to see if it feels the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKnight View Post
1. Any niggles.
2. How it the ride quality.
3. AC performance.
4. Did you have an experience of taking it on a slope with full load. If yes how did it perform. Did the turbo-lag cause trouble.
Let me share my points on this too.

1. Apart from the gearbox niggles I have already discussed, there are two more. The driver seat squeaks under my heavy load when the car is negotiating the bad patches of the bombed out Mumbai roads or some bad speed-breakers. And the windshield washer is not aimed correctly. It sprays water on the sides. I actually had one biker catch up with to abuse me for spraying water on him while trying to clean up my windshield. Its just horrible. I know can be set right, but that shouldn't have been necessary in a new car.

2. Ride quality on bad roads is amazing. It takes on bad patches of road with aplomb, especially at higher speeds. There are lots of patches where I don't feel the need to slow down in the Marazzo, unlike in other cars. This car surprises me at times with the way it tackles bad roads.

3. AC is pretty good. Rear AC works really well. It gets too noisy at higher fan speed though.

4. Havent tried full load on very steep slopes but the turbo lag is very annoying.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 26th May 2019 at 19:49. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please edit your previous post if re-posting within 30 minutes. Thanks.
Old 27th May 2019, 10:33   #247
BHPian

Hello all,

I bought a Marazzo M6 (8 seater) five days back. My brief observation below IMHO:

Pros:
  • Ride quality is top notch. I liked the way how the bad patches and potholes are handled by the vehicle.
  • NVH levels are very low.
  • Refinement of the engine is superb.
  • Legroom is fairly good in all 3 rows. Third row accessibility and space is definitely one among the best compared to its competitors IMHO.
  • Quality of the interior plastics and robust sheet metal on the outside is amazing.
  • Seats are very comfortable for a long ride. The lumbar support for the front seats is very good option.
  • The MID is full of information. I'm being guided to turn the steering wheel in the right direction at the start of the engine if the wheels are not straight. These small things go a long way in the customer's satisfaction.

Cons:
  • The seat belt warning beep for the co-passenger is so annoying. The beep comes up even if no one is seated in the co-passenger seat. I took this issue to the dealer where I was asked to slot the seat belt even if no one is sitting in the co-driver seat. A Maruthi Baleno has a weight sensor in the co-driver seat but a Marazzo doesn't which costs almost the double
  • The gear doesn't slot right on few occasions. I have faced twice in my 800kms run so far.
  • The high beam visibility distance is very short. (May be I need to adjust the cluster for a better throw of lights. Not sure).
  • I wish the third row seat had a reclining option like the Innova Crysta.

I need an assistance from fellow Marazzo owners. I'm looking to install the reverse camera on the dummy provided above the number plate just like how it is factory fitted in the M8. But I couldn't get an assistance from Mahindra dealers as well as after market accessory vendors. I reside in Coimbatore. I have enquired about 5-6 after market vendors and all of them say they don't have the connector/adaptor for the head unit (provided by Mahindra in M6). I'm particular about NOT drilling a hole on the bumper for fitting the camera. Any help on this would be helpful
harish5000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2019, 11:44   #248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrnl_Cmbstn View Post
.... And the windshield washer is not aimed correctly. It sprays water on the sides.....
Most cars have an 'adjustable' head for windshield washer. The direction of water can easily be adjusted by inserting a pin into the washer hole and then by tilting the pin.
jinojohnt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2019, 15:38   #249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
[*]The seat belt warning beep for the co-passenger is so annoying. The beep comes up even if no one is seated in the co-passenger seat. I took this issue to the dealer where I was asked to slot the seat belt even if no one is sitting in the co-driver seat. A Maruthi Baleno has a weight sensor in the co-driver seat but a Marazzo doesn't which costs almost the double
This is false. There is something wrong and the dealer is bluffing. If there is a passenger seat belt alarm, it will be based on sensor. Most likely a faulty sensor. Please get your car checked with another dealer.
PrideRed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th May 2019, 16:18   #250
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrnl_Cmbstn View Post
4. Havent tried full load on very steep slopes but the turbo lag is very annoying.
I'd been to Ooty earlier this month. I did see a number of privately owned Marazzos and a smaller number of rented and self-driven Marazzos in the hills. I never could get behind one of those when climbing a steep road and could only spot them from amongst the oncoming traffic.

I wonder if you can work the gears and constantly keep the turbo spooling when negotiating hairpin bends incessantly with your hands always being busy on the wheel. I found it difficult to keep the RPMs always high even in my low-end torque champion, a TUV 300. Or maybe it is just a question of driving non-stop in a lower gear? Hmm...
Old 29th May 2019, 20:46   #251
Senior - BHPian

I just moved to Manali for my job on this Monday, 27th May 2019, and I saw a lot of Marazzo taxis on the way and in Manali coming down from Rohtang/Solang etc.

I guess it has enough grunt to traverse these roads with the full load and is slowly replacing the erstwhile Innova here.
AdityaDeane is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th May 2019, 14:04   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
This is false. There is something wrong and the dealer is bluffing. If there is a passenger seat belt alarm, it will be based on sensor. Most likely a faulty sensor. Please get your car checked with another dealer.

I mailed the Mahindra customer care and one of the manager gave me a call back. This seems to be a known issue and they are certain that there is no weight sensor for the Marazzo. This potentially seems to be a design flaw from Mahindra's side. They had paid attention to detail in many areas but lacked here completely. Very much disappointed.
Old 30th May 2019, 15:50   #253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
I just moved to Manali for my job on this Monday, 27th May 2019, and I saw a lot of Marazzo taxis on the way and in Manali coming down from Rohtang/Solang etc.

I guess it has enough grunt to traverse these roads with the full load and is slowly replacing the erstwhile Innova here.
Yes there are many Marazzo taxis in Punjab-Chandigarh. I see these frequently when I'm driving to my hometown & ahead, all maintaining good speeds & better ride than (old) Innovas.
I presume a few of these Airport run taxis would have now reached 1 lakh kms & more for someone to check performance, serviceability, cost, etc with the drivers.
The Innova with 2 diesel engines is more of private buyer's choice & big cities now.. but not for long if Marazzo does good.

Last edited by GTO : 6th June 2019 at 09:50. Reason: Typo
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2019, 17:27   #254
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
I mailed the Mahindra customer care and one of the manager gave me a call back. This seems to be a known issue and they are certain that there is no weight sensor for the Marazzo. This potentially seems to be a design flaw from Mahindra's side. They had paid attention to detail in many areas but lacked here completely. Very much disappointed.
'certain that there is no weight sensor' ???
that can't be true.
If it is, the whoever is in charge of this in Mahindra deserves to be sacked right away. How can they activate passenger seat belt warning as an alarm candidate, without bothering about a weight sensor ? such gotchas are rare nowadays even in school science projects..
Old 30th May 2019, 21:43   #255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Something is wrong here. Had it been in every other Marazzo, official review would have mentioned in bold. Also no other owners are seeing this issue. Worthwhile checking with another dealer. If indeed Mahindra has skipped, this warrants a new thread and Mahindra got to give a solution.

Most Viewed