Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2019, 22:00   #256
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Something is wrong here. Had it been in every other Marazzo, official review would have mentioned in bold. Also no other owners are seeing this issue. Worthwhile checking with another dealer. If indeed Mahindra has skipped, this warrants a new thread and Mahindra got to give a solution.
Even a vehicle recently purchased for our office has got this issue. So the driver always keeps the front passenger side seat belt always on despite no one being seated. Looks like it is indeed a fault with some batch of Marazzos.
TD_GHY is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2019, 15:41   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Something is wrong here. Had it been in every other Marazzo, official review would have mentioned in bold. Also no other owners are seeing this issue. Worthwhile checking with another dealer. If indeed Mahindra has skipped, this warrants a new thread and Mahindra got to give a solution.
There are two dealers in my city and I checked with second dealer. It was the service manager with whom I spoke. He assured me that he will get back to me after having a discussion with the technical team (wonder what the team is!). Later, he called me back as assured but just to tell the same old story by asking me to engage the seat belt when no one is seated since there is no other go to avert the alarm/beep. He added that this is prevalent in all the models of Marazzo. I just said thanks and did not utter a word before disconnecting the call. Terrible...!!

How do I take it to Mahindra's top level people? This is something that can't be accepted out of a car that costs more than 15 lakhs..

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelMonk View Post
I always make the co-passengers wear the seat belt. But I will check again without the seat belt as soon as possible and update.
Did you get a chance to try this out?

Last edited by ampere : 7th June 2019 at 18:50. Reason: back to back posts merged.
harish5000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2019, 18:30   #258
Senior - BHPian

We had complained to Mahindra regarding the seat belt warning on passenger side even if no one is sitting, the spongy brake pedal feel and the stalling issue in 1st gear.

They kept the car for 2 days, bled the brakes and the situation has improved by 10-15% but still not good. I think it is by design that the pedal feel is spongy and the braking hardware can not bring this heavy car to a stop with confidence from 110-120.
Regarding the seat belt thing, we were told there is no weight sensor under the passenger seat and you have to buckle it up if no one is sitting or the warning keeps beeping. We have bought a dummy seat belt buckle for the same, wonder how they could miss such a basic thing in their testing regime, they have passed on our feedback to Mahindra.
As for the stalling, they had no solution for us, what team bhp review reflected happens, if you are not careful with the clutch, the car stalls in 1st gear.

Otherwise the car is nice, very refined engine, excellent ride quality, solid build and spacious interiors. Does not feel like a Mahindra product at all.
Old 1st June 2019, 14:48   #259
Team-BHP Support

Mod Note: Posts related to the Mahindra Marazzo's malfunctioning co-driver seatbelt warning alarm copied to a new thread. Please continue the discussion at this link.
Aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2019, 18:24   #260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harish5000 View Post

I need an assistance from fellow Marazzo owners. I'm looking to install the reverse camera on the dummy provided above the number plate just like how it is factory fitted in the M8. But I couldn't get an assistance from Mahindra dealers as well as after market accessory vendors. I reside in Coimbatore. I have enquired about 5-6 after market vendors and all of them say they don't have the connector/adaptor for the head unit (provided by Mahindra in M6). I'm particular about NOT drilling a hole on the bumper for fitting the camera. Any help on this would be helpful
Update (for M6 owners) : I managed to get this done after a lot of struggle. I went up to the Mahindra dealer and asked them to wire up the camera from the head unit but not to mount it on the rear bumper. The process includes all wirings, software update (this is necessary for M6's HU) and testing of the camera (but not to mount it). Now I had the wiring in place and all I need to do was to mount the camera on the tail gate and wire it up. The camera mounting was carried out by a renowned car decor in my city and that's it. The camera works like a charm now. The good thing here is that since the wiring is done by an authorised M&M dealer, the vehicle's warranty remains untouched and the whole kit except the camera (which is an after market accessory) comes with an one year warranty from M&M.

Note: The camera was not mounted on the dummy which is just below the Mahindra logo on the tail gate. Rather, it was mounted right next to the dummy using a clamp which holds the camera. However, the clamp is tucked in neatly and will not be visible outside but only the camera has its head out.
harish5000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2019, 11:22   #261
BHPian

In market for a seven seater, under 20 lacs on road in Bangalore on Company Car Lease. Don't have many options except - Marazzo, Hexa and XUV 500. Got a shock after test ride- RTO does not allow 'Company cars' with a bench seat. (8 seater)

I have a 6 yrs old kid who loves to lie down during long drives and a bench seat (instead of captain seats) is a must. I am left with only two options -

1. Go for 7 seater
2. Ditch car lease policy and buy on individual name.

Strange rules
pahwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2019, 16:36   #262
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahwa View Post
In market for a seven seater, under 20 lacs on road in Bangalore on Company Car Lease. Don't have many options except - Marazzo, Hexa and XUV 500. Got a shock after test ride- RTO does not allow 'Company cars' with a bench seat. (8 seater)

I have a 6 yrs old kid who loves to lie down during long drives and a bench seat (instead of captain seats) is a must. I am left with only two options -

1. Go for 7 seater
2. Ditch car lease policy and buy on individual name.

Strange rules
I remember reading similar conversation in Marazzo whatsapp or Facebook group where some one had asked about way to overcome CLV restriction of 7 seater.

One person suggested to buy the 7 seat version and replace middle row seats in the showroom to bench seats. That should cost somewhere around 10-20K since the seat can be bolted to chassis directly. I am sure people who bought top end M8 version have done it since initially there was only 7 seater version of M8.

Let us know what Mahindra showroom suggests.
Old 14th June 2019, 19:15   #263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
One person suggested to buy the 7 seat version and replace middle row seats in the showroom to bench seats. That should cost somewhere around 10-20K since the seat can be bolted to chassis directly. I am sure people who bought top end M8 version have done it since initially there was only 7 seater version of M8.
I hope this would not void the insurance. I think the seating capacity of a car is an important part of the insurance policy, and you cannot buy insurance for seating capacity other than what is mentioned in the car registration.
Old 24th June 2019, 10:56   #264

Looks like my USB-2 plug, used for Android Auto is faulty/damaged from day 1. It requires some efforts for me to insert a cable in said port. I tried it with 2-3 different cables too.

Any owners facing similar issue?
Old 1st July 2019, 10:59   #265

Since this is returns filing time, I happened to check & verify the TCS collected and deposited in my 26AS Tax credit form. To my surprise, the dealer had under reported the car value by close to 80k and there by less amount was deposited as TCS. I didn't receive a clear answer upon inquiring with the dealer and he simply chose to refund the difference. Does anyone have a similar experience?

Mods, I am not sure if this thread is a right place for this question. I have posted it here as It was related to Marazzo
Old 1st July 2019, 14:14   #266
BHPian

My brother bought a Marazzo M6 and is happy about the choice.
I found the ride, third row space and boot space better than our XUV500.
One draw back I found and is annoying me is the steering adjustment lever. It is protruding by 3 cm below the steering column cover. Hurt my left knee twice.

Has Any other users found this an issue?
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-20190701_140725.jpg  

Old 5th July 2019, 16:49   #267
BHPian

Mahindra Marazzo BS6 spied ; to launch by Diwali 2019. (ThrustZone)

Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review-img_20190705_164931.jpg

Last edited by jailbird_fynix : 5th July 2019 at 16:51.
Old 5th July 2019, 19:09   #268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodv001 View Post
One draw back I found and is annoying me is the steering adjustment lever. It is protruding by 3 cm below the steering column cover. Hurt my left knee twice.

Has Any other users found this an issue?
Shouldn't this lever be pushed up to lock the steering adjustment? In the position shown, the steering will be moving freely and is dangerous while driving as there may be sudden movement of the steering wheel
Old 5th July 2019, 20:10   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
Shouldn't this lever be pushed up to lock the steering adjustment? l
Unfortunately this is the pushed up / locked position. This should have been hidden when locked. A design flaw.
Old 8th July 2019, 13:57   #270
BHPian

Friends,
Can anyone confirm if the middle row bench seats has a slider mechanism, to adjust the legroom for the 3rd row passengers?!
Also the M8 comes only with captain seats, right?!
Regards,
Powertrain

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks