Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2019, 00:47   #136
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2018 Ford Aspire Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
The latter is actually making the driving more stressed as one needs to look at the meter very frequently.
Once you get accustomed to the instant fuel economy readings as to how and when to change the gears, you only need to look at the readings to get a confirmation of your action. And even then, it can teach you a thing or two which was unknown to you previously about your driving habits. I don't find it stressful at all.

Some cars like the City have the instant fuel gauge bar active at all times, at least we have an option to change the display to something else. I am pretty sure that you don't let the instant fuel economy get it the way of your enthusiastic driving. Basically, irrespective of whether or not the instant FE is deemed useful by a driver or not, it is not a criteria on the basis of which someone can be deemed of doing something which is opposite of what we write or say on the forum, is the point which I wanted to convey.

Last edited by AYP : 20th January 2019 at 01:09.
AYP is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th January 2019, 08:30   #137
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
I am pretty sure that you don't let the instant fuel economy get it the way of your enthusiastic driving. Basically, irrespective of whether or not the instant FE is deemed useful by a driver or not, it is not a criteria on the basis of which someone can be deemed of doing something which is opposite of what we write or say on the forum, is the point which I wanted to convey.
For me the line of vision while driving a car does not include the meter gauges, because to notice them I need to look down. So those definitely won’t be an issue at all for me. This is my personal opinion on my vision and someone else’s line of vision may be completely different from mine unless otherwise confirmed by an eye technician 😉.
Old 20th January 2019, 09:21   #138
Senior - BHPian

Regarding the fuel efficiency vs power on the diesel Aspire. I feel we are lucky to get a car with this engine although it is outdated. For those who want power, it has enough and for the mileage conscious, it can be squeezed to the last drop.
It has a mix of both too, drive at around 2.5k rpms on the highway gives good speed as well as efficiency. To each his own, after all it is each ones car and they would drive it as they want.
tharian is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th January 2019, 12:46   #139
BHPian

New Aspire has 5 year standard warranty. Is there any certificate or document issued for the same from Ford or it is something specific to dealer? The owner manual only speaks about the 2 year standard warranty.

I called up ford customer care and they state that my Jan 2019 Aspire is reflecting only the 2 year warranty as of now and I would need to contact dealer for the extra 3 years. This is strange as Ford is claiming 5 year standard warranty on their website but still the customer care is not able to update it at their end. I have not had a good luck with my dealer and have to follow up numerous times for very simple things. Again following up for the 3 year warranty would be a pain.
Maverick Avi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th January 2019, 13:32   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick Avi View Post
New Aspire has 5 year standard warranty. Is there any certificate or document issued for the same from Ford or it is something specific to dealer? The owner manual only speaks about the 2 year standard warranty.

I called up ford customer care and they state that my Jan 2019 Aspire is reflecting only the 2 year warranty as of now and I would need to contact dealer for the extra 3 years. This is strange as Ford is claiming 5 year standard warranty on their website but still the customer care is not able to update it at their end. I have not had a good luck with my dealer and have to follow up numerous times for very simple things. Again following up for the 3 year warranty would be a pain.
Hi Maverick, The Ford dealers are quite unprofessional in these standards. Let me first tell you the list of steps so that you can immediately "secure" the extended warranty.

The 3 year extended warranty costs around Rs. 17000+ for the Aspire which the dealers are supposed to give it for free taking a hit on their earnings (only in case of new Aspire). After you have got the delivery of the car, the dealer is supposed to upload all the invoices and delivery related papers in Ford server and then generate a "Contract" document which lists the Model Number, VIN, Start Date of Contract, End Date of contract and the price of that contract. For FORD Aspire, the price will be written as ZERO with a footnote that "this contract is sold free of cost by the dealer". Also the KMs is capped to 100,000 and the dealer will ask you how much have you driver sir ?. The X amount that you say, will be deducted and so the contract will read as warranty from X kms till 100,000. effectively it will be 100,000 - X kms.

You have to follow up with the dealer for this contract document. Also write an email to the Ford customer care that you are struggling to get the legitimate entitlement of the extended warranty. The Ford Customer care will ask the dealer to fall in line. You have to follow up with this two pronged approach.

Remember, the extended warranty is sold free of cost by the dealer which makes the dealer jittery to give it spontaneously.

I have been through this pain and I have ultimately taken the document. Please go through it and make sure you extract them out.
amohan78 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2019, 19:43   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amohan78
I have been through this pain and I have ultimately taken the document. Please go through it and make sure you extract them out.
Amohan78, after using your two pronged approach finally got the contract letter from dealership today. Its just a printout and does not have any stamp or authorized signature. I am still wondering why such a strategy from Ford in first place.

Last edited by aah78 : 2nd February 2019 at 20:05. Reason: Quote fixed.
Maverick Avi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th February 2019, 16:04   #142
Distinguished - BHPian

2019 Ford Aspire 'Blu' edition spotted.

2018 Ford Aspire Facelift : Official Review-1.jpg

Quote:
On the exterior the car had some cosmetic changes such as a gloss black roof and blacked out ORVMs. The test car was equipped with 15-inch blacked out alloy wheels. The front grille had gloss black inserts with chrome accents.

On the inside it is expected that the dashboard will have additional piano black inserts as a part of the 'Blu' theme. Other than the cosmetic updates we expect the car to spawn with some more features than the outgoing model.

Aspire 'Blu' is expected to make an appearance with a 1.2-litre petrol motor that churns out 94 bhp as well. Both the engines are expected to come mated to a five speed manual gearbox.
Link
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th February 2019, 15:52   #143
BHPian

I had called PPS Ford (Bangalore) requesting for a test drive of Aspire automatic, and I was told Aspire automatic production is stopped. I was surprised because it was only recently launched. Wonder what is going on!
hkollar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2019, 16:30   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkollar View Post
I had called PPS Ford (Bangalore) requesting for a test drive of Aspire automatic, and I was told Aspire automatic production is stopped. I was surprised because it was only recently launched. Wonder what is going on!
This is very odd !!

@Naxal is there any news on this ?
amohan78 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2019, 00:13   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amohan78 View Post
This is very odd !!

@Naxal is there any news on this ?
Four cylinder Automatic version is stopped and discontinued. The new facelift gets the 3 cylinder 1.5L dragon engine for automatic.

This comment from a salesman can be very tricky to interpret. Ford is known for often pausing production of different variants based on demand. Usually showrooms are bit more precise with their reply. Since, though the production is paused but the car isn't take off from sale. For a potential buyer, it means longer waiting period.

EcoSport with its wide range of engines and variants are worst effected. At times, few trims like EcoBoost versions suffer from high waiting period due to production issues.

So I think one should poke the sales advisor for more details. May be enquire in a different showroom for further details into this. Ford is very active on social channels, so dropping a line in their twitter feed can produce much faster response.
NaXal is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th February 2019, 10:38   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaXal View Post
Four cylinder Automatic version is stopped and discontinued. The new facelift gets the 3 cylinder 1.5L dragon engine for automatic.
For a potential buyer, it means longer waiting period.
Ford is very active on social channels, so dropping a line in their twitter feed can produce much faster response.
Even I am going through this pain of inconsistent responses from different Bangalore Ford dealers. Cauvery ford say Aspire 1.5 AT waiting period is ~6 months
Where as JSP ford says 2-3 months waiting period. As per me it's outright ridiculous to wait anything more than 1-2 months.

Anyhow I have made my mind to buy Aspire 1.5 AT (Torque Converter) and placed an order through a friend in Ford plant. Yesterday I paid the booking amount to JSP Ford, JP Nagar. JSP sales team sucks and simply they don't know how to deal/talk with a potential customer. I have to chase them to pay the booking amount and also explain what product I want (email communication from plant that has gone to the dealer with all specifications). I felt like they are not interested in selling cars. My earlier sales experience with Skoda and Maruthi was much much better.
I am buying the car, not their sales team hence decided to bear with them as my friend in Ford is going to make sure I get the right car
hillsnrains is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2019, 22:53   #147
BHPian

Aspire CNG is launched. Prices are starting from Rs. 6,27,414 (ex Delhi). Two variants – Ambiente and Trend Plus.

Via Ford India Twitter feed.
Attached Thumbnails
2018 Ford Aspire Facelift : Official Review-img_20190215_225219.jpg  

NaXal is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th February 2019, 09:58   #148
BHPian

Restricting CNG option to base models suggests that Ford might be targeting the taxi market. Dzire and Xcent have already tasted success taking this route. Can this mean that Ford dealerships could retrofit official CNG kits now?
Old 17th February 2019, 10:17   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaXal View Post

This comment from a salesman can be very tricky to interpret.
I further contacted Ford twitter feed directly and was asked to speak to a tollfree number, which I did, and pointed my concern. I got a call from a Chennai number yesterday, telling me that the Aspire 1.5AT is not available for test drive with any dealer and AT version is currently not available. And they can take the orders and provide it in 60-90days.

Waiting is not the problem here. But, I wonder how I can test-drive it before making up my mind on booking.
hkollar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2019, 15:50   #150
BHPian

I had test driven Aspire AT at Delhi dealership in Nov last year. I don't see a reason they would stop it now. It was a hoot to drive. If you have driven the manual and like the way it drives just multiply that experience by 2. The engine and AT gearbox combo is just awesome. The car just keeps pulling till you release the A pedal.
Maverick Avi is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed