Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 18th February 2019, 11:25   #151
BHPian

Default Re: 2018 Ford Aspire Facelift : Official Review

Trend Plus variant is very well-equipped car for a personal buyer and I think Ford would be targeting Personal buyers only with this variant and targeting taxi buyers with Ambiente one.
It would be great if Ford could restrict colour of Aspire "allowed" to be registered as Taxi to WHITE and keep other colours from palette open for personal buyers.
DriveOnceMore is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2019, 12:09   #152
BHPian

Thanks to Clint Sunny for sending this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Clint Sunny shares his ownership experience of his 2018 Ford Aspire 1.5D.

Quote:
I have always heard good things about Ford from my friends. About the performance, the driving pleasure, and the service. All good things. I decided to buy a Ford Aspire 1.5D 2018 version at end of October 2018.

500 kilometres on the road and the first hurdle - the car stops in the middle of the road. Brand new car shows a low engine oil error while there was enough engine oil. This is certainly not acceptable. The car is towed by the service centre - they rectified and completed a road test and then handed over the car to me. My faith in the brand goes down. How can a brand new car have such an issue in the first 500 km?
2018 Ford Aspire Facelift : Official Review-fordaspire-1st-breakdown.jpeg

Quote:
Now after this - last week at 3200 km, this issue happened again. Now I am really scared about the safety of the car - this can go wrong any day because the exact cause of the error is not known to me, and this is happening quite frequently. The dealership was not able to resolve the issue and escalated to the Ford engineering team, and they are investigating while the car is in the service centre.
2018 Ford Aspire Facelift : Official Review-fordaspire-2ed-breakdown.jpeg

Quote:
If Ford values customer and has some respect left, please take the car back and return my money. I canít continue to risk my family in this car. It can breakdown at any moment. I am scared to drive the car these days.
ChiragM is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2019, 12:28   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiragM View Post
Thanks to Clint Sunny for sending this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

I haven't heard or read of this issue earlier, and would hopefully get to know the cause here. Should be a one off hopefully and Ford should handle this well to regain the trust of a new customer.
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2019, 13:32   #154
BHPian

Quote:

Mr. Sunny did the right thing to check the oil level physically. So there isn't any immediate danger of any internal damage.

I am no expert but it seems an issue with electrical components or sensor malfunction.

Mr. Sunny can read the ownership threads of Aspire / Figo TDCi platform & user comments in their respective review threads of Team Bhp. His case is really unique.

Yes, some owners do have high oil consumption on TDCi engine. But most of their odometer is well over 50k+. In this case, physical oil level is good so Mr. Sunny can relax since most likely it's a sensor issue.

However, do allow Ford to run a full diagnostic to eliminate even the slightest chance of any mechanical issue with oil pump or any internal oil flow blockage.

Dissatisfaction is justified. But asking to full refund for a potential sensor issue feels overkill. Best is to wait for Ford to revert back with an explanation. If it's indeed a sensor issue, then ask for some compensation like 5 year extended warranty (free of charge) and call it a day
NaXal is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2019, 16:43   #155
BHPian

Quote:
500 kilometres on the road and the first hurdle - the car stops in the middle of the road.
The warning light is an indicator of some malfunction related to engine oil and driver is advised to visit service center immediately and get this checked. What is surprising is that your car stops in the middle of the road. Did the car stop again when the light showed up the second time?

I am thinking of starting a crane service as I see so many instances where the new age cars are required to be towed and those are not accidental cases.
Maverick Avi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2019, 23:07   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkollar View Post
I got a call from a Chennai number yesterday, telling me that the Aspire 1.5AT is not available for test drive with any dealer and AT version is currently not available. And they can take the orders and provide it in 60-90days.

Waiting is not the problem here. But, I wonder how I can test-drive it before making up my mind on booking.
Not sure about other cities but here in Hyderabad,the Pertol AT is readily available for Test drives. And the dealer Mody Ford, Begumpet whom im interacting with is very responsive (Mr.Nitish is the SE) Can help in making up your mind with the TD if you land up in Hyderabad

I did take a TD yesterday and was bowled over by it. It is the best sedan i have driven in its class.

Last edited by Ram78 : 26th February 2019 at 23:08.
Ram78 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2019, 16:29   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Clint Sunny has shared an update regarding the car.

He has received the car from the service centre and as per the Ford team:

Quote:
As advised by the technical team, PCM reprogramming performed.
ChiragM is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2019, 11:05   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
Great review Blackwasp and GTO!

I would like to know in what way is the new 1.2 Dragon not as good as the Hyundais 1.2 as mentioned? Is it only refinement? Or is it taking into account all the factors?
I have been driving a petrol freestyle for almost eight months and 8k km now. And I have also driven the 1.2ltr kappa engine in i20 for at least a couple of thousand of kms on and off over the years. I guess I am eligible to answer your query here.

i20's petrol engine is indeed better in terms of refinement over 1.2ltr dragon engine in freestyle. However, in terms of drive-ability and fuel economy freestyle's dragon petrol wins hands down. Aspire petrol should be similar too.

As the team bhp official review suggests, the petrol engine indeed can give decent performance when pushed hard. Of course, it's not in the leagues of 1.5ltr diesel or even swift's 1.2ltr petrol engine, but definitely peppier than i20's 1.2ltr petrol. In fact high-speed stability is better than baleno in the highway despite freestyle being a high ground clearance pseudo suv. Aspire being a sedan with wider tyres (195mm vs 185mm in freestyle) and lower GC, should do even better.
phynix123 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2019, 23:33   #159
BHPian

Went to a Ford dealership at Kolkata to check out FreeStyle and Aspire for a brother of mine. Aspire with larger boot is suiting the need of ours so went ahead with test driving it. It was a really short test drive, around 6/7 kms.

The test drive car had only 3.3k on its oddo and total of 4 people on board while I got the chance to bring it out from a basement parking with a stiff incline. It was effortless but I did find the accelerator pedal travel bit longer. I guess regular use and after few hundred kms one may get used to it.

Things got much better out on road. Clutch was much lighter than TDCi version. New gearbox felt better with shorter travel compare to older model. I loved the way it slotted into each gears. It was really comfortable to drive on a busy traffic road. Got a chance to push it on an empty stretch of a flyover approach. 1st gear felt a bit taller than out going model. The exhaust sound was just mind blowing. However, unless I slipped the clutch while releasing it on high RPM shifting, there were violent jolts. Power delivery felt linear throughout the rev range.

Test drive car MID was showing an average of 12.1 kmpl.

If I have to compare, 1.2L K series engine feels bit more responsive under the bonnet of Maruti Swift. May be its due to the longer travel of A pedal or may be the car/engine is really new. Couple of thousand kms on its oddo may open up the engine.

Overall liked the driving dynamics. Very predictable and extremely comfortable to drive. If this car is finalized, we plan to take longer test drive before committing to it. TATA Tigor is also on the shortlist.

Thanks.
NaXal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2019, 12:58   #160
BHPian

Quote:
If I have to compare, 1.2L K series engine feels bit more responsive under the bonnet of Maruti Swift. May be its due to the longer travel of A pedal or may be the car/engine is really new. Couple of thousand kms on its oddo may open up the engine.
I own Aspire petrol and can vouch that responsiveness of the throttle is not as precise as Maruti. Even my 9 year old Alto has a very instantaneous response when the A pedal is pressed. I think it might be due to drive by wire systems these days. This can get cumbersome in bumber to bumper traffic when you want the car to move on in 2nd gear and slip the clutch a little so that the car doesn't stall. It takes some time before the revs build up and you end up getting honked for being a lousy driver in Delhi which has one of the most impatient drivers. Its more prominent when the engine is at idle rpm levels. Samaspire has also explained this "phenomenon" in his pre- facelift Aspire and I experience it in the facelift version as well.

Secondly the travel of A pedal is just fine in my opinion. I had to use a 1 inch wooden slab in my 2010 Dzire diesel to offset the height there.

Last edited by Maverick Avi : 7th March 2019 at 13:00.
Maverick Avi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2019, 00:02   #161
Distinguished - BHPian

Question for Aspire 1.5 AT owners. What's the real-life performance and FE like in urban traffic?
Chetan_Rao is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2019, 19:49   #162
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Ford Aspire Titanium Blu in the works

The Aspire will get a new sporty variant called Titanium Blu, which will be similar to the recently launched Figo Titanium Blu. Ford is gearing up to launch a new variant for the Aspire, a higher-spec sportier trim called the Ford Aspire Titanium Blu. The model will sport similar visual cues, both outside and inside, as the recently launched Ford Figo Titanium Blu including the contract black roof, Blu decals at the rear and sides, blue accents around the front fog lamps and in the cabin, a black finish on the grille and wing mirrors and black 15-inch alloy wheels. It is still unclear whether this new variant will sit above or below the current range-topping Titanium+ variant.

In terms of kit, the new Aspire Titanium Blu is expected to be equipped with automatic headlights, rain sensing wipers, automatic day/night inside rear view mirror, and dual front, side and curtain airbags. These features are already available on the top-spec Aspire Titanium+.

The Aspire Titanium Blu is expected to have two engine options Ė the 96hp, 1.2-litre three-cylinder petrol engine and the 100hp, 1.5-litre diesel engine. Both these engines are mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox. Considering the 123hp, 1.5-litre petrol-automatic combination is only offered on the mid-spec Titanium trim of the Figo hatchback and the Aspire, it is unlikely to be available with the Titanium Blu variant of the compact sedan.
Source

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 22nd March 2019 at 15:05. Reason: Adding quotes for the reproduced content.
pavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2019, 20:19   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
Ford Aspire Titanium Blu in the works

In terms of kit, the new Aspire Titanium Blu is expected to be equipped with automatic headlights, rain sensing wipers, automatic day/night inside rear view mirror, and dual front, side and curtain airbags. These features are already available on the top-spec Aspire Titanium+.
You, forgot the 6.5 inch Sync 3 touchscreen system with Android Auto and Apple Carplay. Blu variant will be equipped with 7 inch Fly Audio system and sits between Titanium and Titanium+

Another thread discussing the same topic https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...d-testing.html (Ford Aspire Titanium Blu variant spotted testing)
myavu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2019, 10:58   #164
BHPian

During a casual underbody inspection I observed quite a bit of rust on a very critical component which joins the suspension and axle(pardon my ignorance for not being able to name that part). From what I can see this part must be taking a lot of beating on indian roads and should be of top most quality. Similar rusting is also being observed on the front discs. Was not expecting this on my 3 month old Aspire. I have attached one pic.

Should I be concerned and get this replaced or this is acceptable? Most of the times this is brushed aside as surface rust by service advisors. I hadn't seen this on my 8 year old dzire for sure.
Attached Thumbnails
2018 Ford Aspire Facelift : Official Review-img_20190321_103518.jpg  

Maverick Avi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2019, 16:51   #165
BHPian

Looks like this part is cast iron and this is surface rust. This rust and the rust on the discs is normal I Guess.
Blow Horn Ok is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote