Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2019, 10:48   #181
BHPian

Re: 2018 Ford Aspire Facelift : Official Review

hello folks,

myself Joseph and I received my 2019 Figo titanium, Moondust silver colour last Friday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_lightspeed View Post
My Figo diesel titanium moondust silver colour came home 3 days ago, extremely happy with its peppy diesel motor the fit and finish of the interior. took around 5 days for delivery from its booking. had a very nice experience from dealer and agent. looking forward to swapping with aspire stock wheels. bought it for my daily use. will be sharing my detailed review soon.
Attaching some photos of the car
my question is, is there any application for Ford owners in Android or IOS to know the service history and vehicle details like honda connect? where we can log in with the VIN number of the vehicle.

Thanks,
Joseph.
Old 5th May 2019, 23:08   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillsnrains View Post
Thanks for wishes and sorry for delay in responding.

Creep functionality not as prominent as AMT equipped cars say Celerio. Having said that very easy to drive in city and gearshifts are pretty quick as well. Dragon 1.5 engine is always roaring to go, never feels strained.

Difficult for me to compare with CVT equipped Amaze, back to back test drives should help you decide. Recent price drop on Aspire make the deal even more VFM proposition.

So far driven around 1250 kms.
City fuel economy: ~10 KMPL
Highway fuel economy: ~15 KMPL
Hey man,
Congratulations on the new Aspire. I've been giving the Aspire Titanium AT a serious consideration. Were you offered any discount? Plus, the Aspire gets the Paddle Shifters from the Ecosport Titanium Plus AT? I'm actually confused between the Figo, Aspire and Ecosport Automatic while the upcoming Hyundai Venue has only added to our confusion. We might get the Aspire home as it has what we need and is most importantly, more bang for the buck.
Varun_HexaGuy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2019, 00:16   #183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varun_HexaGuy View Post
Hey man,
Congratulations on the new Aspire. I've been giving the Aspire Titanium AT a serious consideration. Were you offered any discount? Plus, the Aspire gets the Paddle Shifters from the Ecosport Titanium Plus AT? I'm actually confused between the Figo, Aspire and Ecosport Automatic while the upcoming Hyundai Venue has only added to our confusion. We might get the Aspire home as it has what we need and is most importantly, more bang for the buck.
No it doesn't get the paddle shifters but the light weight (compared to EcoSport) helps in brisk acceleration plus returns better FE. It's probably the quickest AT this side of 10L barring the Polo GT(this one though has its own share of drawbacks like cramped rear seat and questionable A.S.S).

Figo AT is tough to get hands on. Ford doesn't seem to be too interested in selling it. You can try checking out with the dealerships. I failed to get a positive response from them in Bangalore while hunting for an AT hatch.

Last edited by SoumenD : 6th May 2019 at 00:18.
SoumenD is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 6th May 2019, 11:46   #184
BHPian

when my friend's slightly modded ford aspire 2016 paid a visit to my new Figo.
Attached Thumbnails
2018 Ford Aspire Facelift : Official Review-20190506_110354_hdr.jpg  

joe_lightspeed is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 7th May 2019, 14:33   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varun_HexaGuy View Post
Hey man,
No Discount from showroom. However, I have got 10K discount from Ford due to employee referral. I was aware of Figo 1.5AT launch in Jan 2019 itself, but decided to proceed with aspire, as I felt it is more bang for buck.
I never felt the use of paddle shifters, even though gear stick has Up(+)/Down (-) buttons. Engine is very rev friendly and always has power in store.

Just finished 1st service Yesterday. ODO ~2200 KMS and cumulative fuel average is 14.2 (MID only).
hillsnrains is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th June 2019, 12:56   #186
BHPian

With peak summers here in Delhi my Golden Dragon(White Gold Aspire Trend Plus Petrol) was ready to test its much talked about A/C prowess. Here are my observations.

On a perfect day when MID was reflecting 50-52 degree celsius I set the temperature to 22 and blower speed to 6. Even after 15-20 mins the cabin was not cool as I had heard on all forums(bone chilling A/c performance ). I then turned on Auto A/c. No change in cooling performance still. Brought down temperature to 20. Started to feel more chilled air through the vents now and performance was better. Got it down to Lo now. Within next 5 mins I could feel what I had heard. In the next 10 mins had to switch off Auto A/c as blower speed was too high for comfort. Got the temp up to 20 and blower level 5. This was kept constant and everybody was quite comfortable at that 50 degree temp. Air throw to backseat passengers was quite adequate and my mom said that she never experienced such air throw at the back with Dzire.

With manual A/c I usually kept the thermostat to max cool and there were only 4 blower speeds to tinker with. Now I had temperature control with 0.5 degree increments, Auto A/c, 7 blower speed, max a/c and what not to play with. Contrary to my hypothesis that with Auto A/c I would be fiddling less with controls it is somewhat opposite as of now. But I think it should get better as I get to know the sweet spot for best A/c performance. All in all I would rate its A/c at par with my outgoing Dzire VDI with only edge being a powerful blower performance.

Last edited by Maverick Avi : 6th June 2019 at 13:02.
Maverick Avi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2019, 13:59   #187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick Avi View Post
With peak summers here in Delhi my Golden Dragon(White Gold Aspire Trend Plus Petrol) was ready to test its much talked about A/C prowess. Here are my observations.
0. [like the zeroth law of thermodynamics - the most important] Ensure your car's AC filter is clean and recently replaced. And then ..

1. Keep the AC in recirculation mode

2. Set it on manual to say 22-23 degrees

3. Drive for two or three minutes with open windows and then shut the windows so that the hot air inside your car has time to go out of the windows

Done. You will freeze and then increase the temperature. Make sure that you don't tinker with the blower speed setting instead of increasing the temperature - that will take it out of auto mode. And make sure the AC vents are open, don't close them because you find the temperature too low, adjust the temperature to a bit higher instead.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2019, 19:17   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick Avi
All in all I would rate its A/c at par with my outgoing Dzire VDI with only edge being a powerful blower performance.
DZire A/C isn't bad, but personally I have felt it to struggle (compare to Ford) when under bumper to bumper traffic where car isn't able to gather enough speed for front end air flow. This is more noticeable when under full load with 5 on board. Difference to me get more pronounced if the car was parked under the blazing sun over an outdoor concrete parking lot.

Max low for Aspire/Figo (didn't drive freestyle yet) cools way faster & much better compare to Swift/DZire in these extreme conditions.

There isn't much to differentiate when out on open road & it has enough front end air flow.

Before Ford Figo (older one), another A/C that impressed me was from TATA Manza.

Last edited by NaXal : 6th June 2019 at 19:18. Reason: Fixing auto correct typos
Old 7th June 2019, 14:37   #189
BHPian

When I drive alone, I keep the temperature at 19-20 and set the blower speed at 01 level. This cools the cabin in 5 min. This is the sweet spot for me and I feel the cooling as if I am in a well air conditioned room without any fan. With high fan speed, I feel irritated.
Blow Horn Ok is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2019, 06:18   #190

Hello folks,
Have been looking for a good AT car for at least a month now and finally zeroed in on Figo aspire 1.5L Petrol Torque converter. Was thoroughly impressed by the performance and having driven the Figo 1.5L TDCi before, have very less to complain about the overall performance of the car. Is there anything that i really need to know before going for it as I am little paranoid as I am selling my 2 months old Vento TDI DSG for the sheer ergonomics issue. I am okay with the low fuel efficiency as long as the performance is good. I sold my Figo TDCi purely for to the hard clutch issue and now have decided to get rid of the Vento for the stupid accelerator and brake pedal placement which i am absolutely unable to adjust to.

Old 11th June 2019, 07:22   #191
Senior - BHPian

All I can say is you're exactly the sort of person who keeps us discerning buyers of used cars happy to buy near new cars at a significant discount off the on road price.

The Figo TC has absolutely nothing bad or wrong with it, it is a fun car. The Aspire 1.5 is a rocket that feels very happy to be on the highway. So please man, buy it and sell it off within two or three months like your other cars. I need one

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailukitta View Post
Hello folks,
Have been looking for a good AT car for at least a month now and finally zeroed in on Figo aspire 1.5L Petrol Torque converter. Was thoroughly impressed by the performance and having driven the Figo 1.5L TDCi before, have very less to complain about the overall performance of the car. Is there anything that i really need to know before going for it as I am little paranoid as I am selling my 2 months old Vento TDI DSG for the sheer ergonomics issue. I am okay with the low fuel efficiency as long as the performance is good. I sold my Figo TDCi purely for to the hard clutch issue and now have decided to get rid of the Vento for the stupid accelerator and brake pedal placement which i am absolutely unable to adjust to.

Old 11th June 2019, 11:42   #192

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
All I can say is you're exactly the sort of person who keeps us discerning buyers of used cars happy to buy near new cars at a significant discount off the on road price.

The Figo TC has absolutely nothing bad or wrong with it, it is a fun car. The Aspire 1.5 is a rocket that feels very happy to be on the highway. So please man, buy it and sell it off within two or three months like your other cars. I need one
Lol!.Thanks for the advice and the subtle admonishing which I anyway needed to get things right at lease this time.
Old 11th June 2019, 16:53   #193
BHPian

Though I wasn't eyeing the Aspire as a new car for my wife for her short drives / neighborhood shopping / school dropoff's all within 10-15mins radius from our home, I took the opportunity to test drive the Aspire 1.5 Petrol AT / Titanium today since the dealer, Chennai Ford (Arumbakkam, Chennai) did not have the new 2019 Figo 1.5 Automatic for test drive, and since it is the same engine+gearbox on the Figo as well.

Background: I already own the New Ford Endeavour 3.2 AT/Titanium bought in 2016 for my office/outstation/roughroad uses and a 2011 Honda City 1.5 AT for personal/city/short drives. Very happy and satisfied with the performance and comfort of both these cars till date. I am looking at a new subcompact/hatchback to be used as a supplement to the Honda City to address the parking woes while out shopping for my wife's primary use.

The SA Elango was professional and was prompt on time with the 3500+kms test drive car.

He straight away cleared the confusion regarding the rumour of Ford closing shop. Ford-Mahindra is planned to be a JV just like Fiat-Suzuki/Tata had for supply of Fiat's 1.3MJD. According to their dealer circles, Ford will have branding arrangements for Mahindra's 7seaters and Mahindra to Ford's engine lineout.

Back to the test drive - I haven't drive the old DCT gearbox in the Aspire, but I am disappointed with this Engine+6speed TC on this one due to the following issues,
  • The engine feels gruff (This is relative when compared to my 2011 City VTec AT)
  • I am surprised to feel a CVT like rubberband effect with this
  • The engine keeps revving a bit even after accelerator let off, even though there is no change in the acceleration. This felt confusing
  • The gearbox shifts were hard and not swift moving across P-N-D-S
  • The whole engine bay shifts and shudders when shifting from P to N (I had a look with the bonnet opened)

My wife and dad felt the car was just about ok. Some good notes were,
  • Handling was good. Wife was pleased with the same
  • Dad(64yrs, usually drives the City AT) felt the Ride quality was ok for this price point
  • Build quality was okay - though not praise worthy

Few not so good ones are,
  • Cabin felt taxi like, maybe due to our recent travel in Figo's and Aspire's in Ola/Uber's fleet?
  • Touchscreen was a big letdown. Sync3 is sorely missed. There is too much lag in the navigation to the point where you better roll down the windows and ask a passerby for directions!
  • At the end of the drive, I could only recall the Engine noise more than the anticipated Engine sound considering this is a 1.5Petrol motor from Ford.

Looks like I wouldn't bother calling them back for the Figo testdrive once it is available. Moving on to check out the Polo GT TSI.
vijay.sundar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th June 2019, 20:49   #194
BHPian

Took a delivery of an Aspire Diesel from Chennai Ford yesterday. I'll do a write up on my experience later.

I drove the car just for 110 KMs so far and here is my initial impression:

• The cabin is quiet for a diesel. Decent NVH levels in the city too.
  • Excellent drivability. No throttle input is required to move the car. Helps in B2B traffic.
  • No lag felt under 1500 RPM. The turbo kicks in at 1700-1800 RPM leaving a grin on your face after that
  • Good acceleration even under 1500 RPM.
  • In fourth gear at 1500RPM, the engine pulls well.
  • Negotiating speed breakers is effortless.
  • VFM pricing.
  • Although the boot space is less than its competition, ford has used that space to increase the room at both the front and rear.
  • All colleagues were impressed with the car.
motobliss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2019, 23:28   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motobliss View Post
Took a delivery of an Aspire Diesel from Chennai Ford yesterday. I'll do a write up on my experience later.
Congratulations on joining the TDCi club. By the way, which variant is it?

P.S. Don't forget to break it in gently for the running in period & although Ford doesn't specify an oil change in first (inspection) service @ 2.5k but it would be a good idea to voluntarily opt for an oil & filter change. Helps a lot in long term.

Thanks.

Most Viewed