Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2019, 09:09   #196
BHPian

Re: 2018 Ford Aspire Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaXal View Post
Congratulations on joining the TDCi club. By the way, which variant is it?

P.S. Don't forget to break it in gently for the running in period & although Ford doesn't specify an oil change in first (inspection) service @ 2.5k but it would be a good idea to voluntarily opt for an oil & filter change. Helps a lot in long term.

Thanks.
Thanks. This is a Titanium. Ruby Red. And thanks for your suggestion.
motobliss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2019, 12:51   #197
BHPian

First week of ownership: The car is fantastic, very easy to drive. Relatively quiet cabin. Extremely easy to overtake in city speeds. Very fun to drive even under 1800RPM. I'm starting to wonder why people don't buy these cars.
motobliss is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th July 2019, 10:58   #198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motobliss View Post
Thanks. This is a Titanium. Ruby Red. And thanks for your suggestion.
But why an oil and filter change at 2500 km? The days of the Ambassador etc are long past when the first few thousand km would lead to your oil sump being full of metal particles from the engine.
Old 5th July 2019, 16:27   #199
BHPian

Quote:
But why an oil and filter change at 2500 km?
+1. Almost all car companies are not recommending oil/filter change during first service. Usually they err on the side of caution and would recommend it even if there was a slight hint of performance/engine issues in long run. I just completed 3000 kms and did not opt for oil change.

Also wanted to know from fellow Aspire owners how they felt about the suspension behavior when going over a sharp undulation or deep cuts/damages on road? My petrol Aspire behaves quite well on non tarmac roads or evenly broken but if something sharp comes up then kind of a "shockwave" is felt specially through the dashboard. Its like over inflated tyres not soaking up the undulation(have checked tyre pressure thrice and kept them at 32pi). Is this a regular behaviour expected from Ford's suspension? I have only driven Maruti's all my life so not sure how different suspensions behave from different manufacturers.
Maverick Avi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2019, 23:16   #200
BHPian

I am with previous generation Aspire & running stock tyres. Didn't notice any abnormal behaviour while hitting any such cuts, specially on flyovers.

What you are writting feels like over inflated tyres, so may be you should try a different tyre pressure checking machine next time. It is possible the one you have used may not be calibrated properly.

Some time when we check the pressure during cooler night hours, the volume expands during mid day heat. I am sure you are aware of this, but just pointing, make sure this isn't the case too.

Very uneventful car for me. It's been 2.5 years since I took delivery & there isn't a single niggle to write about. Often mind diverts to certain things which aren't actually a problem but since it's such a reliable machine, at times mind over reacts. Make sure that isn't the case too.

Thanks.
NaXal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2019, 23:29   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick Avi View Post

Also wanted to know from fellow Aspire owners how they felt about the suspension behavior when going over a sharp undulation or deep cuts/damages on road? My petrol Aspire behaves quite well on non tarmac roads or evenly broken but if something sharp comes up then kind of a "shockwave" is felt specially through the dashboard. Its like over inflated tyres not soaking up the undulation(have checked tyre pressure thrice and kept them at 32pi). Is this a regular behaviour expected from Ford's suspension?
Ford suspension has always been on a little stiffer side but in the Aspire, the stiffness is not so high that it will make the passengers uncomfortable. Do check the tyre pressure at some other machine or at home, preferably in the early morning hours if possible. Also, do check the behaviour in some other Aspire, maybe in a test drive car. If you find your car's behaviour different, then you will have to make a visit to the service centre and get it checked.
MrBeast is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2019, 07:14   #202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also wanted to know from fellow Aspire owners how they felt about the suspension behavior when going over a sharp undulation or deep cuts/damages on road? My petrol Aspire behaves quite well on non tarmac roads or evenly broken but if something sharp comes up then kind of a "shockwave" is felt specially through the dashboard. Its like over inflated tyres not soaking up the undulation(have checked tyre pressure thrice and kept them at 32pi). Is this a regular behaviour expected from Ford's suspension? I have only driven Maruti's all my life so not sure how different suspensions behave from different manufacturers.
Aspire's front suspension is hard, but not bad as you are facing. No shocks filter into cabin/ dash as in your car. My advice (like others) will be to get front suspension checked thoroughly (if possible at independent garage) & get replacement done under warranty. The costs aren't prohibitive as in past rather cheap, but for peace of mind it's better to get replacement now.

My advice for going over unplanned/ illegal speed-breakers is to go slow, but not in undulations on road. Watch out for bigger ones on your route though.

Hope that helps!
CARDEEP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2019, 11:30   #203
BHPian

Quote:
What you are writting feels like over inflated tyres, so may be you should try a different tyre pressure checking machine next time. It is possible the one you have used may not be calibrated properly.

The symptoms do suggest over inflated tyres and hence I got them checked thrice at different petrol pumps. I am also thinking if it can be the tyres. These are Apollo 3G Maxx and not the Alnacs. Any thoughts?

I just hate going to service stations and specially due to these suspension issues which requires lot of efforts on our part to convince those service advisors that it indeed is some problem and not a regular behaviour. I would have been happy if the common consensus here was that this is normal. But seems like its not the case and I would need to spoil a week or two fighting it off.
Old 7th July 2019, 14:52   #204
BHPian

Quote:
The symptoms do suggest over inflated tyres and hence I got them checked thrice at different petrol pumps. I am also thinking if it can be the tyres. These are Apollo 3G Maxx and not the Alnacs. Any thoughts?
It's really hard to judge the actual feeling by simply reading. But don't rule out tyre issue.

Mind you, many members here & overall in general received warranty from Ford due to excessive rolling noise from MRF tyres on their previous generation Aspire/Figo.

So I don't think it would be a pointless or painful experience in Ford ASC to troubleshoot the issue.

But before going to Ford start reducing tyre pressure by a point or two & test to find the idle pressure settings according to your own preference.

If you find the issue of hard tyre transferring the hit to the suspension even with abnormally low air pressure, then I guess you need to pay Ford ASC a visit.

Usually tyres are supposed to flex just enough to soak that hit (like those bridge joints or such horizontal impacts) & don't cause any excessive uncomfortable feeling inside the cabin.

I am too with Apollo Tyres but I guess the model is different in my Titanium variant.

Last of all try taking test drive on a different Aspire running same tyres as your to judge the difference. Usually if this is within normal permissible limit, Ford ASC is expected arrange the test drive for you to explain you the issue.

Thanks.
NaXal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2019, 13:14   #205
BHPian

Anybody received intimation from Ford regarding recall of Aspire to check for BMS harness issue?
Old 25th July 2019, 14:04   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Anybody received intimation from Ford regarding recall of Aspire to check for BMS harness issue?
News is already out.

There is an on going recall program for this. All Figo/Aspire/Freestyle manufactured between September 2017 and April 2019 are affected

Read more here https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ess-issue.html (Ford recalls Freestyle, Figo & Aspire for wiring harness issue)

Thanks

Last edited by NaXal : 25th July 2019 at 14:24. Reason: Added link
NaXal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2019, 20:41   #207

In the updated (i.e July'19) brochure,rear parking sensors are removed from Trend+ and Titanium variants.Can somebody confirm the same whether it is a typo or a genuine deletion? Posting a snapshot from the brochure.
Attached Thumbnails
2018 Ford Aspire Facelift : Official Review-12.jpg  

Old 21st August 2019, 00:09   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopi_rm View Post
My friend wants to buy a compact sedan and his primary requirements are petrol automatic, budget is Rs.10 lacs on road price, mandatory safety features and easy to drive inside city. He is not concerned about rear seat space and boot space as it is primarily used as a city car.

I suggested him to check Ford Aspire Titanium Auto and Amaze VX CVT. He checked both models and found Aspire is better in terms of drivability and power. Aspire seems to be 70K expensive than Amaze in spite of being mid variant. Amaze is available for delivery and Aspire will take 1 month after booking.
Do you guys suggest any other petrol automatic compact sedan before finalizing Aspire Auto?
Old 21st August 2019, 16:47   #209
BHPian

Quote:
In the updated (i.e July'19) brochure,rear parking sensors are removed from Trend+ and Titanium variants.Can somebody confirm the same whether it is a typo or a genuine deletion? Posting a snapshot from the brochure.
As you referring to the brochure its highly likely that sensors might have been removed. Both of these models come with reverse parking camera though and should not be a deal beaker if you are considering any of these variants. Don't know why Ford is opting for such feature reduction strategies when their cars are not selling in first place. What would they make by saving 700 bucks on variants that might not be selling more than 300 units a month.
Maverick Avi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2019, 13:11   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Last of all try taking test drive on a different Aspire running same tyres as your to judge the difference. Usually if this is within normal permissible limit, Ford ASC is expected arrange the test drive for you to explain you the issue.
Recently took a test drive of Aspire Titanium plus(As that was the only one available with dealership) that was shod with Apollo Alnac 4G. Its ride felt definitely softer and more absorbing than my trend plus with Apollo Amazer 3G Maxx. Seems like harder tires just might be the reason. Would be going over to FASS to get it sorted.
Maverick Avi is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks