Team-BHP - 2018 Ford Aspire Facelift : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   2018 Ford Aspire Facelift : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/204308-2018-ford-aspire-facelift-official-review-16.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaiSW (Post 4734787)
Ample reason to be optimistic now, man. :)

I am taken by surprise and more so for the price difference. How on Earth have they managed to get a BS6 diesel engine at a price difference of just 13k?

I shall wait and see before I celebrate for Figo and Aspire. Not being a pessimist but will hold my applause for the Figo Twins till a conclusive communication is made by Ford.

Still I believe your friend should go ahead and buy the BS4 Aspire with excellent negotiation power in hand now.

Ford made good on their promise. This ad was published in the Times Of India today:

2018 Ford Aspire Facelift : Official Review-20200211_094351.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by agd19682 (Post 4749161)
Ford made good on their promise. This ad was published in the Times Of India today:

Came across this article which has some photos of the updated car. It also says that a new alloy wheel design has been introduced with the BS6 update.

source: http://autohunters.in/2020-ford-aspi...-alloy-wheels/

I read in an article that the aspire loses the sync 3. Is it true, can anyone confirm? I hope it turns out to be false.

Quote:

I read in an article that the aspire loses the sync 3. Is it true, can anyone confirm? I hope it turns out to be false.
You must have read it on team-bhp itself as the article is on homepage now. Well, I am not surprised as Ford has been constantly tinkering with their feature list across models and variants. Earlier the Sync 3 was only available in Titanium Plus model anyways. If your heart still goes out for Aspire you can go for Ambiente version and install an aftermarket touchscreen ICE with Apple carplay/Android Auto. You still get to own a Ford albeit with lesser features which you can add on later as per your convenience.

https://youtu.be/9_5nh1ar79Q

I just came across this video where he has seemingly managed to get Android Auto working on the FlyAudio touchscreen of the aspire.

Can anybody understand how he did this? I left comments under the video but so far he hasn't shared the method.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaiSW (Post 4783960)
I just came across this video where he has seemingly managed to get Android Auto working on the FlyAudio touchscreen of the aspire.

Can anybody understand how he did this? I left comments under the video but so far he hasn't shared the method.

Just search for something along the lines of 'Ecosport flyaudio Android auto' on YouTube. You will get a lot more of these videos and some of them will explain the process.

The process to add Android auto/Apple carplay in flyaudio does seem a bit tedious. At first I thought that its just a usb device that does the trick but no there are quite a few other tweaks involved. Hoping some installer in Delhi is able to do it for Aspire.

Another point to consider would be the warranty. Do such installs void the entire warranty including mechanicals? With 5 year warranty on Aspire I would not like to take chances.

Fuel efficiency of Aspire Petrol is reflecting as 18.5 kmpl on their website. I remember it was around 20.4 kmpl earlier. Is it due to some modifications to engine as a result of BS VI norms?

They also dropped the 5 year warranty. Now its standard 3 years. Wonder what is their USP now. Thats not how you compete with Marutis and Hyundais in India.

Hi All,

I need some help with a peculiar problem I am facing with my 2018 Aspire S (Pre-facelift)

Roughly 3 times out of 10 times I switch on the car, the AC vents do not throw out air but it is rather the Snake-like Vent circled in Red in the picture below (image just for representation) which throws out air. I am not even sure what those vents are for as I used to think they are just there for aesthetics. It was a surprise for me when I found out that they are functional.

Also the Air which is thrown out alternates between chilled air and heated air in stages. Roughly 5 minuites of Cold Air followed by 5 minuites of Hot Air followed by 5 minuites of Cold Air and then hot air and so on.

The car has run around 36000 kilometeres till now and has been generally fault-free apart from this problem.

It has been to the service station 2 times already for a solution - the first time, they erased some codes on a computer which controlled the operation of the AC and the vents and the second time, they changed a flap in the engine bay which was directing/redirecting air to the vents. However, the problem has come up once again

As a templol:orary measure - I switch off the car - wait a few seconds and switch it back on and as the law of averages are on my side (70:30), the car AC operates normally and throws out chilled air from the designated vents. But like a true Gujju, I dont like the 70:30 odds as I feel they are not good enoughlol:

Is anybody else facing this issue or has faced it in the past? If not - do you know what might me the core issue?

Quote:

Originally Posted by rahul4321 (Post 4924473)
Hi All,

I need some help with a peculiar problem I am facing with my 2018 Aspire S (Pre-facelift)

Roughly 3 times out of 10 times I switch on the car, the AC vents do not throw out air but it is rather the Snake-like Vent circled in Red in the picture below (image just for representation) which throws out air. I am not even sure what those vents are for as I used to think they are just there for aesthetics. It was a surprise for me when I found out that they are functional.

Also the Air which is thrown out alternates between chilled air and heated air in stages. Roughly 5 minuites of Cold Air followed by 5 minuites of Hot Air followed by 5 minuites of Cold Air and then hot air and so on.

The car has run around 36000 kilometeres till now and has been generally fault-free apart from this problem.

It has been to the service station 2 times already for a solution - the first time, they erased some codes on a computer which controlled the operation of the AC and the vents and the second time, they changed a flap in the engine bay which was directing/redirecting air to the vents. However, the problem has come up once again

As a templol:orary measure - I switch off the car - wait a few seconds and switch it back on and as the law of averages are on my side (70:30), the car AC operates normally and throws out chilled air from the designated vents. But like a true Gujju, I dont like the 70:30 odds as I feel they are not good enoughlol:

Is anybody else facing this issue or has faced it in the past? If not - do you know what might me the core issue?

Does this happen when you are using Auto AC? If yes, it probably is an issue with the sensor on the dashboard.
If not, take it to an independent AC repair shop. The air coming out of the top vent sounds like an issue with the settings which normally can be controlled by person. Let me check if I can get air to come out of that vent on my car by trying different settings.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tharian (Post 4925688)
Let me check if I can get air to come out of that vent on my car by trying different settings.

That top vent is designed to work with Hot Air. It aims toward the ORVM spot of front windows. Turn on the defogger & hot air flow will be directed towards the front windscreen vent & these two side vents placed on the dash board corners !!

Thanks.

Quote:

Is anybody else facing this issue or has faced it in the past?

Just live with it. The vents which you are referring to are the defrost vents.

When the defrost mode is selected, your AC compressor will kick in, and depending on the temperature, just cold dry air or a combination of cold dry air & warm air will flow out of the defrost vents.

This is one of the downfalls of an automatic climate control system. Everything is controlled by computers. I’ve had this issue in my Micra with acc, since I’ve had it. Just cycle the airflow modes till it blows through your preferred vents of choice.

To fix it, you may have to take apart the dash & mend/replace the blend door actuators ($$$).

Just cycle your acc mode button, till it blows from the vents you want, and call it a day.

Quote:

I am not facing this exact issue but at the same time trying my best to understand the logic behind this ACC on my Aspire as well. The side air vents you mentioned work in defrost mode to demist the side windows. So first thing you should be checking is this mode itself. Secondly check the temperature. If its 25-26 or above then also ACC tends to redirect the airflow to footwell and side vents. So try to see if your issue happens at low temperature settings below 20. If yes then its most probably some technical snag that would require professional intervention.

The 2020 Ford Ka sedan has been tested by the Latin NCAP and has scored 0 stars under Latin NCAP's new testing protocol. While frontal protection score was rated average, the side impact protection was weak and an Electronic Stability Assist system was not standard, which resulted in the poor score.

Since Global NCAP is reportedly likely to adopt the new protocol in a few years, it is possible that cars that currently score well in the SaferCarsForIndia tests without side and curtain airbags, and without ESC, may have reduced scores under the new protocol. Moreover, multiple cars that have been tested by Global NCAP for India have not been tested for side impact, even without side airbags. The Indian Ford Aspire was tested by Global NCAP and scored 3 stars for frontal adult protection under the current protocol. No side impact test was performed.

Since this test was carried out by the Latin NCAP and was not carried out on the version sold in India, the score may not directly be applicable to Indian consumers.

Sigh. So much for 'Way more than 5 stars'.