Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 20th January 2020, 21:11   #226
BANNED

Default Re: 2018 Ford Aspire Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiSW View Post
Ample reason to be optimistic now, man.
I am taken by surprise and more so for the price difference. How on Earth have they managed to get a BS6 diesel engine at a price difference of just 13k?

I shall wait and see before I celebrate for Figo and Aspire. Not being a pessimist but will hold my applause for the Figo Twins till a conclusive communication is made by Ford.

Still I believe your friend should go ahead and buy the BS4 Aspire with excellent negotiation power in hand now.
VWAllstar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2020, 09:49   #227
BHPian

Ford made good on their promise. This ad was published in the Times Of India today:

2018 Ford Aspire Facelift : Official Review-20200211_094351.jpg
agd19682 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th February 2020, 23:58   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agd19682 View Post
Ford made good on their promise. This ad was published in the Times Of India today:

Came across this article which has some photos of the updated car. It also says that a new alloy wheel design has been introduced with the BS6 update.

source: http://autohunters.in/2020-ford-aspi...-alloy-wheels/
Old 13th February 2020, 12:26   #229
BHPian

I read in an article that the aspire loses the sync 3. Is it true, can anyone confirm? I hope it turns out to be false.
Old 13th February 2020, 15:57   #230
BHPian

Quote:
I read in an article that the aspire loses the sync 3. Is it true, can anyone confirm? I hope it turns out to be false.
You must have read it on team-bhp itself as the article is on homepage now. Well, I am not surprised as Ford has been constantly tinkering with their feature list across models and variants. Earlier the Sync 3 was only available in Titanium Plus model anyways. If your heart still goes out for Aspire you can go for Ambiente version and install an aftermarket touchscreen ICE with Apple carplay/Android Auto. You still get to own a Ford albeit with lesser features which you can add on later as per your convenience.
Old 7th April 2020, 11:59   #231
BHPian

I just came across this video where he has seemingly managed to get Android Auto working on the FlyAudio touchscreen of the aspire.

Can anybody understand how he did this? I left comments under the video but so far he hasn't shared the method.
Old 7th April 2020, 12:25   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiSW View Post
I just came across this video where he has seemingly managed to get Android Auto working on the FlyAudio touchscreen of the aspire.

Can anybody understand how he did this? I left comments under the video but so far he hasn't shared the method.
Just search for something along the lines of 'Ecosport flyaudio Android auto' on YouTube. You will get a lot more of these videos and some of them will explain the process.
JithinR is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2020, 19:31   #233
BHPian

The process to add Android auto/Apple carplay in flyaudio does seem a bit tedious. At first I thought that its just a usb device that does the trick but no there are quite a few other tweaks involved. Hoping some installer in Delhi is able to do it for Aspire.

Another point to consider would be the warranty. Do such installs void the entire warranty including mechanicals? With 5 year warranty on Aspire I would not like to take chances.

Most Viewed