Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2020, 13:54   #241
anb
BHPian

Re: 2018 Ford Aspire Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron178 View Post

Since this test was carried out by the Latin NCAP and was not carried out on the version sold in India, the score may not directly be applicable to Indian consumers.

Sigh. So much for 'Way more than 5 stars'.
The test was conducted on Brazil made Figo sedan.You may be missed this news last year. " Made in India Ford Figo awarded 4 star rating in Latin NCAP.
https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...in-ncap-414290

Last edited by anb : 9th December 2020 at 13:58.
anb is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th February 2021, 12:11   #242
Senior - BHPian

2018 Ford Aspire Facelift : Official Review-parts.jpg

My Friend's Aspire (D) had it's car's wiring cut by rats. Attached is the bill for estimate for same. ~45K for electrical parts. Through insurance he will have to shell 50% of the cost but if repaired (by the dealer himeself) the extended warranty on related to repaired parts (bought in dec around 20k) will become void though other parts it will remain valid. I have suggested him to get it repaired through dealer only which is estimated to be around 8k. What should be done in this case? Ford's prices are .

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 18th February 2021 at 12:32.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2021, 19:34   #243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
My Friend's Aspire (D) had it's car's wiring cut by rats. Attached is the bill for estimate for same. ~45K for electrical parts. Through insurance he will have to shell 50% of the cost but if repaired (by the dealer himeself) the extended warranty on related to repaired parts (bought in dec around 20k) will become void though other parts it will remain valid. I have suggested him to get it repaired through dealer only which is estimated to be around 8k. What should be done in this case? Ford's prices are...
We probably cannot genralize the wire cut by rats because I had the same on the Fiesta 1.6 and New Figo 1.5 D. Both the times I was lucky that it was all done in a fraction of what is quoted above. The Fiesta 1.6 was back home same day with just a few wires that were repaired and the AVN reset. The Figo 1.5 D is a different story. Unfortunately the rat had also died inside (Maybe when I cranked the car to start it). So it had to be towed to the service center and after examination, the bill came to about 3k only. As I said it is not easy to generalize rat bites and the wires they decide to chew on! Could be that this damn rat got to the critical components.

In the Polo that I currently own its a different story altogether. Since I have done the 3M rat treatment and also using the 3M rat spray it is keeping them from chewing the wires but it targeted the bonnet insulation material and made itself cozy under there!! I was warned by the SVC that in case they get the main wiring harness I would have to shell out around 85k + labour to replace it.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 11th April 2021 at 13:08. Reason: coz > because.
abhinav.s is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 09:08   #244
BHPian

I have had the main wiring harness chewed off by rats in Dzire diesel. MASS quoted 13000 INR for repairs. Found a good auto electrician through BHPian post and got it repaired for INR 2000. Rat bites can be pretty annoying and expensive to fix based on extent of damage.

I have tried quite a few things listed on all possible car forums ranging from tobacco leaves, naphthalene balls, wire brush etc. What actually helped me are 2 things. Keep changing the parking spot and running your vehicle regularly. Secondly using a pepper spray in engine bay and specially wires. I still get nightmares about rats entering the cabin and creating a mess of anything and everything available to them. These creatures are pretty ruthless and hardy.
Maverick Avi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2021, 23:46   #245

Is there a way that we can fit good quality leather covers as aftermarket or ford provided on the Titanium+ variant. Just fabric may not be good on the long run. If airbag compatible cover is not an option what if we still go with. How much of an importance is the seat air bag when we have the dual front and curtain ones
Old 11th April 2021, 13:02   #246
BHPian

Anybody faced a problem with A/c blower speed not increasing above 1? I have 2019 Aspire petrol and its auto A/c is acting weird lately. Even with temperature of 40 its auto A/c blower speed is not increasing above one. Even when I try manually its bars increase to 7 which is max but blower keeps running at 1. When car is switched on first time and blower speed is at 7 then for a few seconds it does run at full blast but then slows down to 1 in a matter of few seconds. A/c is cooling properly though.
Old 13th July 2021, 10:25   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by baskarv90 View Post
Is there a way that we can fit good quality leather covers as aftermarket or ford provided on the Titanium+ variant. Just fabric may not be good on the long run. If airbag compatible cover is not an option what if we still go with. How much of an importance is the seat air bag when we have the dual front and curtain ones
I was also trying to figure this out. Even found few good options (aftermarket 'Airbag compatible' seat covers) in Karol Bagh area. Before purchasing, I checked with my dealer @Harpreet Ford, Gurgaon and was told that in case of any mishap, insurer may not approve the claim. Hence dropped the idea. Hope this helps.
Old 20th July 2021, 09:33   #248
Senior - BHPian

Ford Aspire gets new alloy wheels. The Aspire Titanium and Titanium+ trims get a new dual-tone swirl-type design for the 195/55 R15 alloys.

2018 Ford Aspire Facelift : Official Review-smartselect_20210720093029_chrome.jpg

2018 Ford Aspire Facelift : Official Review-smartselect_20210720093036_chrome.jpg

2018 Ford Aspire Facelift : Official Review-smartselect_20210720093021_chrome.jpg

2018 Ford Aspire Facelift : Official Review-smartselect_20210720093013_chrome.jpg

Source
Venkatesh is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2021, 23:06   #249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Ford Aspire gets new alloy wheels. The Aspire Titanium and Titanium+ trims get a new dual-tone swirl-type design for the 195/55 R15 alloys.

Attachment 2181346

Attachment 2181347

Attachment 2181348

Attachment 2181349

Source
Hi Venkatesh, I believe this alloy wheel design is not new, it has been in use since 2020 BS6 update, I have taken delivery of the MY2020 aspire last week, it has the same alloys.
Old 5th June 2023, 13:44   #250
BHPian

Hi BHPians

I own a Ford Aspire Titanium + (6 airbags) model. Car is such a delight to drive even after 4 years and serving me so well with minimum maintenance cost.

Problem statement:
Year back I have shifted to Mumbai and last year monsoon caught me unprepared (have never seen this much rain in life). Since the car comes with Fabric seats and you can't put seat covers, am just wondering:
- How Mumbaikars keep their seats (with light interiors) clean in such weather conditions
- Last year car started smelling bad because foot-mates were always wet or full of moisture (there were days without sun). How to take care of such conditions

I know it's a dead thread but looking for some help here.

Thanks

Most Viewed