Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2019, 21:55   #106
BHPian

Re: 2018 Ford Aspire Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick Avi View Post
3. Temp gauge for engine temperature is not there in MID. The owner's manual reflects 2 instrument panels. One with an RPM going upto 8K and other till 6K. The one with 6K has temp gauge. So am wondering if its limited to Diesel Aspire or its something which comes up only on higher variants. I always prefer a real time temp gauge so this was a bit of a disappointment.
An excerpt (2018 Ford Aspire Facelift : Official Review) from the review in first page. This might be helpful.

Quote:
You might have noticed the missing temperature gauge (related thread (Good 'ol Temperature Gauge : Yes or No?)), but thankfully, it can be accessed in the MID.
https://www.team-bhp.com/carpics/201...celift-04b.jpg

Last edited by strawhat : 10th January 2019 at 21:58.
Old 10th January 2019, 22:08   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

4. Autofold ORVMs have to be manually folded inwards when you are parking your car. If you forget then its not recommended to manually push them inwards. So you would have to unlock the car, insert the key and then fold them inwards using the lever. What the heck. Can't they autofold when the car is locked. Ford Ecosport Trend Plus has this option. I guess it must be possible through a software update?
You don't have to insert the key to fold the mirrors. They power windows and mirrors work for a while after the key has been removed. This is how it is in the old Aspire, should be same on the new one too.
tharian is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2019, 23:19   #108
BHPian

Quote:
I took delivery of my Aspire Petrol Trend Plus in White Gold color on Jan 9th, 2019. And guess what, its Jan 2019 manufactured!!! I plan to write a somewhat detailed ownership review after it logs in some miles. Some observations and questions below.

1. My car doesn't have the insulation under bonnet lid. Its mentioned in review that petrol also gets that so was wondering if its specific to some variants such as Titanium etc. The engine is super silent without it too so again not too worried about it but it would have been surly better with it. Saw a 2018 Aspire(Trend Plus) in showroom and that was without it too.

4. Autofold ORVMs have to be manually folded inwards when you are parking your car. If you forget then its not recommended to manually push them inwards. So you would have to unlock the car, insert the key and then fold them inwards using the lever. What the heck. Can't they autofold when the car is locked. Ford Ecosport Trend Plus has this option. I guess it must be possible through a software update?
Hi maverick

Welcome to the club. Please post some pictures too.

The Engine Under-shield is present at a cost of Rs. 4480 for Diesel variants only. It is not present in Petrol models.

On the autof-old of OVRM, I was also equally upset to know that they do not auto-fold when you come out of the car and lock it. Initially i thought that I had a defective piece unless someone in this forum would not have helped me to understand this.

As member NaXaL has put it out nicely, all because of cost cutting. However I thought that Ford cars are not cheap and such cost cutting may be avoided.

Last edited by Eddy : 11th January 2019 at 12:30. Reason: typo
amohan78 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2019, 23:48   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
You don't have to insert the key to fold the mirrors. They power windows and mirrors work for a while after the key has been removed. This is how it is in the old Aspire, should be same on the new one too.
I may add one more line here. The Power Windows and Mirror Folding control work for while until the driver side door is opened.

Thanks.
NaXal is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th January 2019, 09:58   #110
BHPian

Members,
This is to update you that Ford India has hiked prices of Aspire effective from Jan 1 as speculated.

The intriguing part is , the price of Diesel models have been hiked by a flat Rs.11000 across all models whereas the quantum of hike for petrol model is Rs. 20000 !!

I do not comprehend why Petrol models have gone for a steeper hike than Diesel models in a market where the Dragon series Petrol engines are yet to prove their supremacy over the K12 series Maruti petrol engines (prima facie reports suggest it's otherwise, Maruti K series rules).

On the other hand, it knows that it's diesel engines are better positioned in the market and they can engage the goodwill lever for its pricing power .

This completely baffles me as to how they decided on this regard.

Members , your opinions please
amohan78 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2019, 10:06   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amohan78 View Post
Members,

The intriguing part is , the price of Diesel models have been hiked by a flat Rs.11000 across all models whereas the quantum of hike for petrol model is Rs. 20000 !!

This completely baffles me as to how they decided on this regard.

Members , your opinions please
Petrol engine demand is on the rise whereas diesel engine demand has waned considerably. This is due to various regulatory norms slowly but surely coming into force, price difference between petrol and diesel being a mere 6-8 Rupees as on date, and the impending BS VI norms which will make diesel cars even more expensive. Therefore, customers are leaning towards petrol engines now.

It makes sense for a business to milk customers on cars which they are more willing to buy (petrol), rather than impose a heavy hike on diesel which sees less demand in today's market anyways.

Could be one of the reasons, in my view.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 11th January 2019 at 10:27.
arindambasu13 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th January 2019, 10:12   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuldeep31 View Post
BTW, which Ford-dealership did you visit?
Saini Ford Kolkata. Their showroom is located at Sec-V Saltlake. Right within the business district. Just opposite of that RDB Cinemas.
NaXal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2019, 12:32   #113
BHPian

Quote:
The Engine Under-shield is present at a cost of Rs. 4480 for Diesel variants only. It is not present in Petrol models.
Maverick Avi is talking about insulation under the bonnet, not engine shield/guard.

Can anybody confirm this change (no insulation under bonnet) is for all 2019 models? P.S: I am about to buy one, hence interested to know.

Last edited by hillsnrains : 11th January 2019 at 12:36.
hillsnrains is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2019, 12:35   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillsnrains View Post
Maverick Avi is talking about insulation under the bonnet, not engine shield/guard.
Sorry I misread it. Yes you are right. The insulation under bonnet is available in Diesel models of Aspire
Old 11th January 2019, 12:42   #115
BHPian

Quote:
An excerpt from the review in first page. This might be helpful.
From what I can see my MID is smaller that what is there in the review pics. Its definitely not the same and does not show information such as temp gauge, door opening etc. Its a bare bones MID which showing Trip meter, Mileage, Outside temp etc. Seems like the Trend Plus model does not have it. Maybe a tactic to differentiate variants.

Quote:
This is to update you that Ford India has hiked prices of Aspire effective from Jan 1 as speculated.

I do not comprehend why Petrol models have gone for a steeper hike than Diesel models in a market where the Dragon series Petrol engines are yet to prove their supremacy over the K12 series Maruti petrol engines (prima facie reports suggest it's otherwise, Maruti K series rules).
Don't know what strategy Ford is applying here. I don't think they even consider Maruti as their competitor. I saw the revised prices and was equally baffled.

Quote:
Hi maverick

Welcome to the club. Please post some pictures too.

Thanks amohan78. Would surly upload some pics soon. Also I was talking about the sound insulation material beneath the bonnet and not the underbody protection plate.

Quote:
Thanks Tharian. This should help to an extent. Also is there any way to only open one side mirror out of the two?
Maverick Avi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2019, 13:59   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Also is there any way to only open one side mirror out of the two?
I hope this situation arises only during parking in a tight slot. Never fold any of the rear view mirrors while driving on regular roads.
Old 11th January 2019, 14:39   #117
BHPian

Quote:
From what I can see my MID is smaller that what is there in the review pics. Its definitely not the same and does not show information such as temp gauge, door opening etc. Its a bare bones MID which showing Trip meter, Mileage, Outside temp etc. Seems like the Trend Plus model does not have it. Maybe a tactic to differentiate variants.

Hi maverick

The pics are a collage of the various modes in one single box. that is why may be it is looking as a large one. You can see all of these once you click on the top switch of the right stick attached to the steering wheel on your vehicle. The tip of the right stick beside your steering wheel is a toggle switch which when clicked gives many of the fragmented pics that the review has assimilated in a single pane.
Old 12th January 2019, 16:29   #118
BHPian

Ford is giving more offers on Aspire. See this advertisement on Ford Aspire at Saini Ford. Can someone enquire what is going on ?

0% interest ??? Rs 80000 cash discount ??? Seems to good to be true.

See the picture attached.
Attached Thumbnails
2018 Ford Aspire Facelift : Official Review-screenshot_20190112162601.png  

Last edited by amohan78 : 12th January 2019 at 16:30.
amohan78 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2019, 17:26   #119
BHPian

Hi, I have a question regarding the suspension of the car. When I drive the car and then stand at a signal with the diesel engine idling, sometimes I am finding that the diesel engine vibration is also transmitted to the front side of the cabin and I have a faint feeling of a mild earthquake like wobbling. Is it very common or there is some defect which I should take to the service center ?
Old 12th January 2019, 17:42   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Tharian. This should help to an extent. Also is there any way to only open one side mirror out of the two?
That can be done only manually. I tried fiddling with the knob once to check if one side only could be folded.

Quote:
Hi, I have a question regarding the suspension of the car. When I drive the car and then stand at a signal with the diesel engine idling, sometimes I am finding that the diesel engine vibration is also transmitted to the front side of the cabin and I have a faint feeling of a mild earthquake like wobbling. Is it very common or there is some defect which I should take to the service center ?
It is the AC compressor cutting off/on, which is normal.
tharian is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks