Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 22nd April 2019, 14:26   #226
BHPian

Default Re: Tata Tiago JTP : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi10 View Post
Like i have stated, this engine is not an outright performer.

just my two cents!
Thanks for your 2 cents. I was just cross checking if I missed any thing. My requirement was a 0- 60 zippy car and I was all over drools on tiago jtp for that. Tata Nano is not even a P in performer but I like it and have been using it from 10 years. Some one has been complaining about the fuel modulation, notchy long gears etc, in this Jtp which I didnt find. I remember searching for powerband on my 250r all the time. It was not top speed but acceleration, which was there in a 250r only after 6k rpm and the engine used to pull there after.(I never knew this for 3 years, it behaved like a normal bike in traffic). After that I got used to the bike and gear ratios very fast and could touch top speed in no time. You see speed is addictive and get used to it very fast so had to upgrade in 6 months.

I take my crysta only on highways and it has this split personality. In eco mode it behaves like a homely girl but once you press the power mode, its a drunken party girl loads of torque even at 150.

Still I will go for one more test drive.
Vulken Auto is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2019, 17:22   #227
BHPian

Tata Tiago JTP and Tigor JTP to get new touchscreen infotainment system

Source article

Quote:
The Tata Tiago and Tata Tigor's new 7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system has so far remained exclusive to their range-topping XZ+ grade. Soon, the company will introduce this system in the performance-oriented JTP variant of these models.

First introduced in the new Tata Tigor last year, the new 7.0 touchscreen infotainment system is sourced from Harman. Initially, it offered only Android Auto support, but as of earlier this month, it supports Apple CarPlay too. It offers voice command recognition through Android Auto and Apple CarPlay as well as image and video playback as well. It has a capacitive display and is equipped with 4 speakers and 4 tweeters. Currently, the Tata Tiago JTP and Tata Tigor JTP feature a 5.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system.

Mechanically, the Tata Tiago JTP and Tata Tigor JTP will remain as is.
AdityaDeane is offline   (8) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2019, 09:07   #228
BHPian

Carwale has compared the Tiago JTP and Swift on a race track. The conclusion is a little surprising to me. I expected the JTP to fare much better.

https://www.carwale.com/m/videos/tra...carwale-39571/
motobliss is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2019, 20:49   #229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motobliss View Post
Carwale has compared the Tiago JTP and Swift on a race track. The conclusion is a little surprising to me. I expected the JTP to fare much better.
Thanks for sharing the comparison. I guess the JTP did fare better in terms of the braking test and the overall time of 13.6 seconds compared to the 16 odd seconds for the 0-100-0 test. The other parameters will certainly differ from one driver to the other and also how much of track experience the person has. So overall a good comparison and good to see the JTP hold its own against the Swift.
abhinav.s is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote