Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2019, 14:26   #226
BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago JTP : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi10 View Post
Like i have stated, this engine is not an outright performer.

just my two cents!
Thanks for your 2 cents. I was just cross checking if I missed any thing. My requirement was a 0- 60 zippy car and I was all over drools on tiago jtp for that. Tata Nano is not even a P in performer but I like it and have been using it from 10 years. Some one has been complaining about the fuel modulation, notchy long gears etc, in this Jtp which I didnt find. I remember searching for powerband on my 250r all the time. It was not top speed but acceleration, which was there in a 250r only after 6k rpm and the engine used to pull there after.(I never knew this for 3 years, it behaved like a normal bike in traffic). After that I got used to the bike and gear ratios very fast and could touch top speed in no time. You see speed is addictive and get used to it very fast so had to upgrade in 6 months.

I take my crysta only on highways and it has this split personality. In eco mode it behaves like a homely girl but once you press the power mode, its a drunken party girl loads of torque even at 150.

Still I will go for one more test drive.
Vulken Auto is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th April 2019, 17:22   #227
Senior - BHPian

Tata Tiago JTP and Tigor JTP to get new touchscreen infotainment system

Source article

Quote:
The Tata Tiago and Tata Tigor's new 7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system has so far remained exclusive to their range-topping XZ+ grade. Soon, the company will introduce this system in the performance-oriented JTP variant of these models.

First introduced in the new Tata Tigor last year, the new 7.0 touchscreen infotainment system is sourced from Harman. Initially, it offered only Android Auto support, but as of earlier this month, it supports Apple CarPlay too. It offers voice command recognition through Android Auto and Apple CarPlay as well as image and video playback as well. It has a capacitive display and is equipped with 4 speakers and 4 tweeters. Currently, the Tata Tiago JTP and Tata Tigor JTP feature a 5.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system.

Mechanically, the Tata Tiago JTP and Tata Tigor JTP will remain as is.
AdityaDeane is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 1st May 2019, 09:07   #228
BHPian

Carwale has compared the Tiago JTP and Swift on a race track. The conclusion is a little surprising to me. I expected the JTP to fare much better.

https://www.carwale.com/m/videos/tra...carwale-39571/
motobliss is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st May 2019, 20:49   #229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motobliss View Post
Carwale has compared the Tiago JTP and Swift on a race track. The conclusion is a little surprising to me. I expected the JTP to fare much better.
Thanks for sharing the comparison. I guess the JTP did fare better in terms of the braking test and the overall time of 13.6 seconds compared to the 16 odd seconds for the 0-100-0 test. The other parameters will certainly differ from one driver to the other and also how much of track experience the person has. So overall a good comparison and good to see the JTP hold its own against the Swift.
abhinav.s is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2019, 06:32   #230
Distinguished - BHPian

Tigor JTP : Video Review

Watch after 8:45 for driving impressions.
Dr.Naren is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 6th June 2019, 17:06   #231
Senior - BHPian

Finally, managed to get my hands on the Tigor jtp and boy I am sold. For comparison, I had test driven the i 20 Asta petrol the day before. In terms of interior build and finish, Hyundai wins hands down. The sheer driving pleasure comes from the jtp. Until now I was very confused between the jtp and the i 20 but the test drive today has sealed the deal for me. Due to unavailability of stock and my personal time constraint, I will be taking delivery in October/November. I just cannot wait for November to come. I am happy and proud to own the desi hot hatch as my first car in India. Even in city mode, the performance was decent and once into sport mode the slightly sharper throttle response is evident. It pulls off the line before one can imagine. The sound insulation is very good (atleast within city) and Tata has a special team here to cater for jtp customers. I was not really convinced by the initial response from the dealer, as some members here know, I was complaining about the lack of response. This was duly addressed today. The marketing head made sure that I was properly attended to. It is the junior staff who's lack of experience spoils the fun for the Tata motors. From being almost on the verge putting my money on the Hyundai, this one test drive pulled me towards Tata. Tata and jtp if you are listening, do make a jtp version of the Altroz.

I was informed by the dealer that the new infotainment scree will be offered as an add on to all existing customers. The new batch of cars are going to take a while it seems. So, existing owners of Tiago and tigors please check with your dealer.

Last edited by AlphaKilo : 6th June 2019 at 17:18.
AlphaKilo is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 7th June 2019, 09:07   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaKilo View Post
I was informed by the dealer that the new infotainment scree will be offered as an add on to all existing customers. The new batch of cars are going to take a while it seems. So, existing owners of Tiago and tigors please check with your dealer.

Yes the newer stock of JTP will come with the 7' infotainment system (that was introduced in Hexa as well) with andriod auto and apple carplay.
Old 7th June 2019, 09:28   #233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Great to know you are convinced about Tiago JTP. Regarding getting the new infotainment as addon , I am not sure about it. As far as I know , all the cars which used Tata's earlier infotainment systems have a different BCM .And they are not compatible with the newer ICE. Would be interested to know which dealer was this.

Last edited by ajmat : 7th June 2019 at 10:25. Reason: typo
Old 7th June 2019, 21:30   #234
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmrajravi View Post
...And they are not compatible with the newer ICE. Would be interested to know which dealer was this.

This was Concorde motors, chennai. If I am right, concorde motors is a subsidary of TATA. I reconfirmed with the dealer regarding the compatability, they assured me that it is taken care of by the TATA engineers. It will be an paid option for existing customers and future vehicles will come equipped with the new infotainment system. I also confirmed that due to this new screen there will be no change in the Harman/Kardon music system. Finally, it seems that the JTPs are due for a raise in price by the end of this month.
AlphaKilo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th June 2019, 10:35   #235
BHPian

Quote:
This was Concorde motors, chennai. If I am right, concorde motors is a subsidary of TATA...
...Finally, it seems that the JTPs are due for a raise in price by the end of this month.
+1 to that!
I've been told the same regarding the ICE upgrade for existing owners.

From what I understand, the Tiago JTP is based on the top-end Tiago. Now that the top end trim on the regular Tiago has a new ICE with the 7" screen, it is only a matter of time before it shows up on the JTP as well along with the corresponding increase in price.
Old 15th June 2019, 23:33   #236
BHPian

Hello guys, I need to know something urgently.

I have heard that the parcel strings, power window switch lights, boot underside cladding, bonnet cladding and rear wheel well cladding was removed.

Only the rear wheel well cladding is absolutely important to me of the above list as far as I'm concerned. Can anyone confirm whether the JTP also suffered deletion of rear wheel well cladding? If so, is it possible to fit the wheel well cladding? Please keep in mind, I'm talking about the JTP Tiago, not the entire twins in general.

Thank you,
Sai

Edit: @GTO @ksameer @anyone having knowledge of the JTP Tiago, please answer, thank you.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 16th June 2019 at 02:43. Reason: Spacing
Old 17th June 2019, 08:38   #237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiSW View Post
Hello guys, I need to know something urgently.

I have heard that the parcel strings, power window switch lights, boot underside cladding, bonnet cladding and rear wheel well cladding was removed.
Yup, all gone in the jtp twins. I am not sure about an after fitment of the cladding, though it shouldn't be an issue.
AlphaKilo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2019, 13:25   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiSW View Post
Only the rear wheel well cladding is absolutely important to me of the above list as far as I'm concerned.
Quote:
Yup, all gone in the jtp twins. I am not sure about an after fitment of the cladding, though it shouldn't be an issue.
Yes, the rear wheel well cladding is present in my Tiago JTP at least.
In case they have deleted in the time since I have bought mine. It's available on boodmo and should be a relatively easy fix.
Old 24th June 2019, 19:27   #239
Distinguished - BHPian

0-100 : 10.76 seconds

Tata Tiago JTP : Official Review-img_20190624_192702.jpg

Maruti Swift is around 1s slower to JTP in 0-100 timings, but loses out massively in roll on acceleration timings. New Figo petrol is the slowest.

Source :
https://www.autocarindia.com/car-com...parison-412908
Dr.Naren is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 25th June 2019, 09:01   #240
BHPian

Is the Tiago JTP available in additional colors other than Red and White? Spotted a display Tiago JTP in Orange shade outside Concorde showroom Velachery, Chennai. Just had a glimpse when passing by.

Most Viewed