Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2019, 06:51   #256
BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago JTP : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RnK View Post
Got this beauty delivered three days ago! Took it for a spin on a nearby hill-station and couldn't stop smiling the entire time.
Congrats. You sure have a beauty. Wishing you many such happy smiles for many years to come.
jayguar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2019, 08:58   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Got this beauty delivered three days ago! Took it for a spin on a nearby hill-station and couldn't stop smiling the entire time.
Congrats on the new acquisition! That's one sweet ride!

I see you've got a neat number plate too
vik99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2019, 10:12   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Got this beauty delivered three days ago!
Congratulations and welcome to the club of very dedicated enthusiasts! While JTP is not without its flaws, it undoubtedly puts a wide grin across the face.
ksameer1234 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2019, 10:16   #259
BHPian

Anyone who had owned and/or driven first generation Honda City and the Tiago JTP, how would you compare the two?
Old 25th July 2019, 16:34   #260
RnK

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
Congratulations buddy. Wishing you a lot of ‘smiling’ miles. The red colour is too good for ‘sporty’ hatchback.
Thanks mate. The red surely stands out in the shades of green nature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vik99 View Post
Congrats on the new acquisition! That's one sweet ride!

I see you've got a neat number plate too
Thanks mate and congrats to you as well! I received my Team-bhp stickers on the same day I got my car delivery. Was the second thing that went on my car after the small ganesha idol on the dashboard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksameer1234 View Post
Congratulations and welcome to the club of very dedicated enthusiasts! While JTP is not without its flaws, it undoubtedly puts a wide grin across the face.
Thanks Sameer! Your ownership review definitely helped me to make my decision and acquire this little gem.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 27th July 2019 at 16:35. Reason: Minor spacing
RnK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2019, 10:54   #261
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata needs to invest a small amount more in the JTP twins - by making them available in showrooms!

I checked at 3 showrooms in Pune and none of them had Tiago/Tigor JTP available for a test drive. Thats the ultimate sin really. Its a performance car for enthusiats. Already a niche segment. And we aren't going to buy it looking at a brochure like a WagonR. There must be a TD car.

And guess what? 3 employees at Concorde Baner showroom actually tried to convince me that Tata doesnt make a Tigor JTP & so there is no pricing for it.

I had to Google it up, show them official Tata & Team BHP pages and pictures to them, to convince that a Tigor JTP is also sold. What was even more amusing was - right at the entrance of the showroom, 1 white Tigor JTP was standing for delivery!!! Come on Concorde, try and hire worthy people who sell cars rather than do unintentional stand up comedy!!

Last edited by suhaas307 : 27th July 2019 at 16:35. Reason: Spacing
Reinhard is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th July 2019, 12:01   #262
RnK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Tata needs to invest a small amount more in the JTP twins - by making them available in showrooms!

And guess what? 3 employees at Concorde Baner showroom actually tried to convince me that Tata doesnt make a Tigor JTP & so there is no pricing for it.
Wow! That is really strange of Concorde Baner to tell you this non-sense.

Have you tried contacting Concerde Motors @ Tathawade? They surely have one JTP for a TD. I myself took a TD of their Tiago JTP three weeks ago. Their sales team member even came to my house for it and everything from my TD to the car delivery went smooth (apart from some minor issues regarding payment receipts). You can also try registering for a TD at the JTP's official web-page and they will make sure that you get one ASAP.

BTW, JTSV are soon bringing in the new lots of JTPs with some upgrades (which will take atleast 2 more months) and of course a price hike of 35K INR.
RnK is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th July 2019, 12:34   #263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

BTW, JTSV are soon bringing in the new lots of JTPs with some upgrades (which will take atleast 2 more months) and of course a price hike of 35K INR.
Well, don't be surprised by this attitude of the Concorde employees. I had a similar experience in chennai concorde. They have a dedicated JTP team with a lead guy from JTP stationed at concorde motors just for this! Their response for online TD requests are pathetic! IMHO, half of TATAs posted losses are to be accounted to its pathetic, lazy and demotivated employees. What I personally felt when at the showroom is that, there were more employees than customers. TATA is too heavy on personnel costs, should go on diet and retain the efficient and motivated ones.

Any news on what those updates are going to be? Same as the ones for new Tigor/Tiago or something more is on the cards?
AlphaKilo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2019, 14:04   #264
BHPian

In my experience in Bangalore, Concorde motors is singularly the worst Tata dealer and service centre. Their attitudes in selling vehicles and in servicing are lackadaisical, uninspiring, alarming, etc. I have nothing good to say about them at all.

My recent experience at their service centre for my Tiago's 4th service left me swearing that I works never go back there. The first 2 services were done at Prerana and the 3rd at Kropex. Both those dealers were so much better.
Motard_Blr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2019, 16:19   #265
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

What is the max tyre upsize that the Tigor JTP can take?

205/55 r15? (Least deviation size) But can the Rims and wheel arch space take this width?

Or

195/60 r15? (Just 1 size up width increase)
Old 29th July 2019, 04:58   #266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
What is the max tyre upsize that the Tigor JTP can take?

205/55 r15? (Least deviation size) But can the Rims and wheel arch space take this width?

Or

195/60 r15? (Just 1 size up width increase)
IMHO 205 tyres would be overkill on the JTPs. 195/60 15s should be perfect.
Turrrb0 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th July 2019, 15:05   #267
BHPian

While we are on the topic of tyres, the air pressure on my car's tyres dropped to 21-23 PSI a little over 3 weeks from getting them topped up to 30 PSI. Is this normal?
Old 29th July 2019, 15:50   #268
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vik99 View Post
While we are on the topic of tyres, the air pressure on my car's tyres dropped to 21-23 PSI a little over 3 weeks from getting them topped up to 30 PSI. Is this normal?
Owners can comment about their experience but my observation is generic. Certain tyre models tend to lose air faster than others. This has been my finding after using Apollo Amazer 3G, Yoko Earth 1 and MRF ZLX over 80k kms. MRF loses as much air in 2 weeks as the other two do over a month.

In your case, if the air loss points have been consistent across all four tyres then you have nothing to worry. Just start filling air frequently.
ashis89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2019, 00:37   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayguar View Post
Anyone who had owned and/or driven first generation Honda City and the Tiago JTP, how would you compare the two?
Quoting my post again to get a reply from anyone who had driven both the first gen Honda City and the Tiago JTP.
Old 1st August 2019, 02:19   #270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayguar View Post
Quoting my post again to get a reply from anyone who had driven both the first gen Honda City and the Tiago JTP.
Might be unrelated, but I have a 2nd generation Jazz, and I have test driven the normal Tiago. One thing I noticed was the difference in the refinement of the engine. The gear knob was literally vibrating on the TD Tiago. Jazz engine felt much smoother.
omar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks