Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2019, 17:32   #346
BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago JTP : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turrrb0 View Post
Speculating much? Maybe the owner suddenly got posted abroad? Maybe they were looking for something bland and which gives more FE?

Could be anything ..
Yeah could be anything . I have seen Hyundai Venue in pre owned market as well. It was just a frivolous thought on why it must be on sale already.
VWAllstar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2019, 13:16   #347
BHPian

The Tiago / Tigor JTP gets the new digital console seen here (2019 Tata Tiago facelift in the works). Yuck, I'll take analog gauges over these any day.

anoop.u is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2019, 19:30   #348
Team-BHP Support

Does the new display have additional display/toggle options compared to the older console?
Old 23rd October 2019, 20:17   #349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoop.u View Post
Yuck, I'll take analog gauges over these any day.
And who is taking analog gauge fitted JTP's?
How many people are you going to find who goes to showroom with the intention of buying a JTP and decides to not buy because of digital gauge?

TATA gave a smashing car and I don't think more than 25-50 JTP's gets sold every month and that's the sad reality.
RaghuVis is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th October 2019, 13:08   #350
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuVis View Post
And who is taking analog gauge fitted JTP's?
How many people are you going to find who goes to showroom with the intention of buying a JTP and decides to not buy because of digital gauge?
TATA gave a smashing car and I don't think more than 25-50 JTP's gets sold every month and that's the sad reality.
But still - Tata needs to be careful.
  1. If its a car for performance enthusiasts - the digital console may bring the sale from 25 to 20. Those who love the sound of a blow-off valve would also love a redlining needle more than a digital graphic for sure.
  2. Its selling low perhaps because how its positioned? I think they need to invest a bit to market this as a pocket rocket that people can also use for daily office commute. That will increase sales.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th October 2019, 14:42   #351
BHPian

Feedback of (failed) attempt to purchase Tiago JTP in Kolkata

A few friends of mine, who are all owners of the Tata Tiago, had recently expressed their interest in acquiring the Tiago JTP. However, they were in for a shock when they actually tried to go for the booking. This e-mail chain below will narrate the ordeal of one of my friends in his quest for the Tiago JTP here in Kolkata.

Quote:
His first e-mail to Tata Motors :

Saturday, October 19, 2019 1:55 AM
To: GUENTER BUTSCHEK [ CORP, Company Management, Mumbai ] ; ASHMITA PILLAY [ CORP, Communications, Mumbai ] ; contactus@jtsvo.com; CUSTOMERCARE ( TML ) <customercare@tatamotors.com>

Hi,

To start with a brief introduction about myself, this is Kushal Haldar from Kolkata, working in IT sector, develop and package softwares for US Healthcare industry and a motor enthusiast by genre. I own a Tiago XZ Petrol, purchased back in Dec 2016, have driven 43000+ KMs includes 50% city, 40% highway and the rest in suburbs, am a very happy customer till date, owing to reasonable maintenance costs and wonderful workforce in service. Extending the story of goodwill and being impressed with the performance stats of the JTP which is tuned on top of the normal Tiago (already a good car to drive in corners and straight road) and comes with amazing stock components, I decided to drive it to my garage as well. My parents kind of like the Tiago, so I'm not going to upgrade (sell it), instead park the JTP by its side. I personally like the exhaust note very much, even an Abarth Punto (GOAT to motor enthusiasts fails to produce such pops and crackles out of the stock exhausts).

Apologies for writing this long a mail, I do assure there is adequate content (for you) to run your eyes through.

This is regarding my recent attempt to purchase a JTP vehicle in Kolkata, I had been waiting since the launch for the face lifted variants to arrive and once it did, I immediately worked on the negotiation with RD Motors, met the MD, Mr Niraj Sinha, he is gem of a person, very helpful and the deal he provided was transparent throughout. Unfortunately two weeks later, they shut down their operations on Tata Motors side of things, as a result of which the deal was undone.
After repetitive follow ups with the JTSV team, regarding alternative approaches to procure the vehicle, they did inform me about bringing Lexus Motors on board, now I was really happy having purchased my first car back in 2016, a Tiago XZ from the same dealership, however the aftermath wasn't that exciting and didn't work to any of my expectations.
The conversation of getting the dealership on board started in the month of September 2019, where the dealership was supposed to sign the agreement within month end, the date was breached due to unavailability of the signing authority, I spoke to the TSM (if I got the phrase) aligned to this dealership, Mr Ashutosh Chandra who assured that the dealership has expressed their interest in selling JTSV vehicles and will sign the required documents by 15th - 16th of this month (October), again the date was breached and as I type this mail, they are still expected to sign the documents, to be branded as a JTP dealership officially.
Meanwhile in the second week of September, I personally sent a text message to the owner (of Lexus Motors expressing my interest in JTP), in case that helped to catalyse the process and did receive few days later from GM sales and they came up with an interesting price list targeted to loot customers, inflated insurance, inflated RTO and handling charges, which was marked as legal by everyone including GM sales present in that room. They even got charges for extended warranty printed on their price list with a quotation, which is yet to be introduced but sums up to the total price of the car. They're very stringent about each and every component on the price list and din't entertain further negotiations.

Presently, the city of Kolkata is void of a JTP dealership and to serve my urgency of procuring the vehicle at the earliest, JTSV team arranged a conversation with a dealership from Lucknow and to my surprise they're ready to compensate me in each and every way (waved off handling charges at once and provided cash discounts, was in parity with the deal provided by RD Motors), so that I continue to press ahead with the plans of purchasing the vehicle from them, I would have travelled that extra mile, flown down to Lucknow, taken the delivery of the wonderful machine and drove it back home, had RTO not been a cause of worry, it's a 50:50 throw of dice registering JTSV tagged vehicles in my city.

I was kind of expecting a hassle free experience at Lexus Motors, which happens to be tagged as one of the premium dealerships, in books of Tata Motors at least having retailed JLR under the same namespace, but the experience somehow turned out to be worst of the lot. I made a purchase back in 2016, from the same dealership at a different location, AJC Bose Road showroom, my first car and experience was remarkable under Mr Raymond Das, GM Sales then. I have referred a lot of people and they seemed to have had similar experiences back in 2017, may be the focus has now shifted from satisfying customers to looting them at their new location, with a change in workforce. Being an existing customer of Tata Motors, rather a Tiago that was purchased from the same dealership and referred multiple times in turn, expected some relaxation/liberty.

I completely acknowledge the fact that I don't understand each and every aftermath that happens behind the curtains with everyday crashing automobile industry, but then as a customer who's interested in purchasing the vehicle since read about it for the first time, has waited enough and wants to anyhow procure the vehicle at the earliest, all my travel plans scheduled starting Q4, 2019 revolves around this vehicle. I guess the expectation is not to wait forever, like if a customer is paying for the vehicle at least something in the whole process should happen pertaining to his interests, the dealership is on no charity, in the end we're going to pay inflated and unethical charges at the dealership to procure the vehicle, thereby requesting TML officials in state to at least consider a customer’s interest or request rather than being completely biased towards the dealership and their existing inventory.
I'm pretty certain, if I walk upto a FCA dealership and place an order for Abarth Punto, despite the turmoil in industry, they would arrange one for me and stick to their deadlines, why can't I expect a similar experience of professionalism from a Tata Motors dealership, even Tata Motors make wonderful cars which has its own USP.

Despite Tiago JTP being tagged as a reasonable hot hatchback and awarded by AUTOPORTAL for being the best variant of the year, will never sell in numbers, unless the approach of the TML officials and dealerships towards the vehicle doesn't change, they lack the intensity/energy to push the vehicle to the intended mass. The car got it all under the hood that an enthusiast looks for, does 0 - 100 under 10s, is available under 7 lakhs, stiff suspension, does well in the corners, tuned by JTSV, amazing exhaust note, drives well, feels sure footed and is definitely a contrast to the likes of Baleno RS, just lacks a hassle free experience at the dealership and trust/cooperation of TML officials.

Sir, I need your assistance in procuring the vehicle at the earliest without being looted, please help me.

Just a little note, if handling charges are supposed to be legal, then why doesn’t Tata Motors include it in ex-showroom, this would clear the confusion, once and for all. It's definitely going to help me and my fellow 155 owners from West Bengal and a handful more than 33000 members across PAN India, registered as members of ATOM (All India Tata Tiago/Tigor Membership Club) and their respective friends/family/frolic whoever they refer, in process of either upgrading to Nexon or JTP twins or purchasing fresh, ahead of introduction of BS6 engines. Few of the dealerships do waive it upon request, the rest are adamant with required support from respective TSMs.

Regards,
Kushal Haldar.

The first reply he received form Tata Motors:

On Sat, 19 Oct 2019 at 10:05 AM,

customercare@tatamotors.com> wrote:
Dear Sir,
Thank you for writing to us and sharing your concern.
We request to please share the following details to take the case forward.

Your Contact Number:
Alternate Contact Number:

Thanking you
Customer Care Team
Tata Motors

The second reply he received from Tata Motors :

On Sat, Oct 19, 2019 at 5:29 PM
<customercare@tatamotors.com> wrote

Dear Sir,

Thank you for writing to us and sharing your concern.
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Our West Bengal Regional office and Lexus Motors dealer have been intimated to provide all necessary support regarding the issue on priority

For any further communication, you may quote 1-125286804191 as the complaint number.

For any assistance, please feel free to contact Mr. Ashutosh Chandra, Territory Sales Manager, Tata Motors on ******************.

Thanking you

Customer Care Team
Tata Motors

My friend's last communication till now :

Date: Sun, Oct 20, 2019 at 11:47 PM
Subject: Re: Feedback of (failed) attempt to purchase Tiago JTP in Kolkata
To: <customercare@tatamotors.com>
Cc: <Ashutosh.Chandra@tatamotors.com>, <sarojini.sengupta@lexusmotors.in>, GUENTER BUTSCHEK [ CORP, Company Management, Mumbai ] , ASHMITA PILLAY [ CORP, Communications, Mumbai ] , <contactus@jtsvo.com>

I appreciate your prompt response pertaining to the complaint no: 1-125286804191, however if you go through my initial mail, I've already stated that I had a discussion with Mr Ashutosh Chandra [TSM] in this regard and the mentioned date has been breached a week ago, therefore my concerns still remain open.
What is the expected timeframe, by which Lexus Motors will be enabled to accept bookings for JTSV vehicles? Let's put it on record, please.

I somehow don't understand one thing, why does a customer need to send out mails to avail the due service, like a simple workflow, buying the car is supposed to be the first step and your dealership is not even competent to handle that, strange! What's the fuss all about? If you’re unable to commit on a timeline, please don't waste my time and effort any further, I've had enough.

Despite making great cars with USPs, sales of your vehicles are disregarded, have always been. The solo reason being interest of the customers never gets served and nobody basically cares, why even sell JTSV vehicles then, please unlist it from your inventory.

I'll definitely spread the news about the sorry state of affairs.

Regards,
Kushal Haldar.
This is the flow of conversation he has forwarded to me and I posted it here on his behalf (as he is not a member of our forum)and all views expressed above were entirely his own.

Strange thing is that the company itself has no 'enthusiasm' to sell the vehicle to someone who is 'enthusiastic' to buy it.
TheStranger is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 24th October 2019, 15:37   #352
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStranger View Post
Strange thing is that the company itself has no 'enthusiasm' to sell the vehicle to someone who is 'enthusiastic' to buy it.
Strange yes. But sadly not surprising at all. Sales teams of most Tata dealerships are quite poor. Its as if they don't have any sales targets at all. Or they aren't responsible for anything other than the booking amount cheque.

As for the problems mentioned by the gentleman - I'm a bit confused. What I see is that JTSV is arranging for the car from some other dealership out of native town due to no existing dealership selling JTSV cars at the moment. So thats not bad.

Is he unhappy about the insurance premium & handling charges? Isn't that the same for almost all cars pretty much? Dealerships are businesses & it is their decision how they want to make profits yeah? I didn't quite get whether they are forcing him to buy the insurance from dealership. He is fully entitled to buy insurance himself from outside. And if he doesn't like the handling charges - he can say he won't book till those are waived off. Of course he must have done that already & didn't work - hence the frustration.

Generally - IMO the handling charges are used by the dealerships for covering for absolutely all additional expenses like your tea-coffee, sweets boxes, party poppers, red carpet, photos, frames, garland for car etc at the time of the delivery. Basically not to take a dent in the standard margin. One should always try & get these waived off no doubt. But if a dealership wants to charge it - thats it. Its their choice really.

In fact - I feel its not right for judiciary to get involved and call these as "illegal" as long as its on the receipt. Its a registered business working for profits. Whether to ask for money or not - is their call. Whether to give it or not - is customer's call.

I hope the gentleman gets a response & the car soon! Any further arguments will only dilute his JTP experience!

Last edited by Reinhard : 24th October 2019 at 15:38.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2019, 07:12   #353
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vik99 View Post
While we are on the topic of tyres, the air pressure on my car's tyres dropped to 21-23 PSI a little over 3 weeks from getting them topped up to 30 PSI. Is this normal?
Losing this much pressure, for any tubeless tyre, is not normal.

Please get all the tyres checked from a competent tyre shop. There may be valve or other leakages.
Old 26th October 2019, 14:35   #354
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Strange yes. But sadly not surprising at all. Sales teams of most Tata dealerships are quite poor. Its as if they don't have any sales targets at all. Or they aren't responsible for anything other than the booking amount cheque.

As for the problems mentioned by the gentleman - I'm a bit confused. What I see is that JTSV is arranging for the car from some other dealership out of native town due to no existing dealership selling JTSV cars at the moment. So thats not bad.
To me it sounds like the gentleman struck a deal with dealer A, Dealer A shut shop, so the purchase was shifted to Dealer B, and now this dealer being a non JTP dealer, has 0 incentive to sell the car to him - they would rather they sold him a TIago or a Nexon.

So they tell him "buy the car at full price + all my rip off add ons or lose your booking amount"

Ideally this is where tata customer relations would step in, but we all know they ran out of damns to give for the customer way back in the days of the indica V1, and are now report to dealership management (Tata's Priority is attracting and retaining dealerships. Nonsense fellows like Customers are the dealer's problem) . Any complaint to the Customer service is escalated to offending dealers themselves, with no further escalation mechanism, So the hapless chap is left high and dry.

On another note, I hate the digital display. I get why they would add it - its more modern, but i prefer an analog gauge - thats why i bought the 9th gen civic than the 10th gen

Last edited by greenhorn : 26th October 2019 at 14:47.
greenhorn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2019, 16:49   #355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
Losing this much pressure, for any tubeless tyre, is not normal.

Please get all the tyres checked from a competent tyre shop. There may be valve or other leakages.
It's sorted now, pretty much by itself!
Old 27th October 2019, 21:28   #356
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vik99 View Post
It's sorted now, pretty much by itself!
Wouldn't hurt to get the tyres checked, anyway. Better than being stranded. Should take hardly a hundred bucks to get them checked.
Old 2nd November 2019, 23:56   #357
SR7
BHPian

Has anyone purchased and/or did a TD of the Tiago JTP at Chennai? I would like to know about your experience - please share.
Old 6th November 2019, 21:43   #358
BHPian

Can anyone confirm if the long term wear and tear parts (such as suspension related components) are unique to JTP twins or can be interchanged with the normal Tiago/Tigor? A colleague had a bad experience with his Tata Manza recently when the driver's side power window switches conked off. The authorized service center fitted the window switches from a Zest stating that discontinued vehicles have a very long lead time when spares unique to them are concerned and sometimes are not even available.
Old 6th November 2019, 22:06   #359
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Researcher View Post
Can anyone confirm if the long term wear and tear parts (such as suspension related components) are unique to JTP twins
The main differentiator and the forte of the JTP twins is its handling and ride balance. So the suspension is definitely unique to the JTP and interchanging it with the normal Tiago one will not make it handle like a true JTP! Engine though shared with the Nexon, has been tuned differently and also has a bigger air filter element if i remember correctly. So they cannot just mix and match the parts from a normal tiago/nexon.
abhinav.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2019, 15:47   #360
BHPian

I am seriously considering a JTP upon its BS6 launch. Based on the updates on this thread it is evident that JTP will surely be there in BS6 Avatar.

But after reading GTO's thread I am rethinking a little.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thread summary: Buy a 'great' car and use it for 8 – 10 years instead of buying 'good' cars & replacing them every 5 years.

If you buy a superior car today, I can guarantee that you'll keep it for longer. All other factors being the same, you will find it far easier to retain a superb car for 8 – 10 years
After a good test drive I am convinced that Tiago JTP is no ordinary car, it off-course is great. But if I have to retain a Tata car for 10 years to make a financial sense of my purchase, should I buy JTSV Tiago/Tigor JTP? Could you well informed and experienced folks please a shade some light on the reliability aspect of a Tata product? I am more skeptical, because JTP gets only 2 years warranty with no extension purchase option.

I maintain my vehicles very well and always get it serviced at company authorized stations only. But still, will JTP last 10 years, is the only question that I am thinking of now.
akshye is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks