Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2018, 11:56   #16
BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago JTP : Official Review

Brilliant review of an excellent car! Quite proud that this is an Indian car.

I have a question for the people who tested the car or would know about this mechanical change.
Has Tata/Jayem also re-worked the clutch? In a car like this, a lot of people (me) would want to launch the car from standstill, so would the normal Tiago/Tigor clutch sustain the abuse or is there a better more abuse-friendly clutch in the JTP twins?
veedub89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st December 2018, 11:57   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
The low-end grunt can sometimes catch you out and you might stall the Tiago, especially when starting off on an incline. Samurai stalled it like 10 times on the hotel ramp!
The young one exaggerates, it was only 4 times and while trying to reverse uphill. Wish we had more details about the gear ratios.
Samurai is offline   (42) Thanks
Old 21st December 2018, 12:38   #18
BHPian

Superb Car and one of the best reviews in recent times from our forum. Rated a well deserved 5 stars. Uber or Ola has a new option to give 6 Stars instead of 5. The 6th one is for a rare exceptional case. Wish we also had that!

I was waiting too eagerly to read this and ended up reading in one sitting till now. My manager is wondering why I have not started the work given to me in the morning. God knows how I am going to finish the work today as I am taking 10 days off from today and will return to work only next year. So getting the review up and running on a Friday morning affects productivity. Mods please note and spare us from being fired.

I totally agree with GTO regarding the engine section write-up. Extremely different from the usual ones we see in our forum. This time it felt like car actually was a person with character and emotions. While reading, it feels like you were reading sections of a novel where a person is describing about his/her love at first sight or about a forever love.

PS: God, let me get back to work!
RaghuVis is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 21st December 2018, 12:41   #19
WDB
BHPian

I have read in some other news about some aftermarket kits, that would be made available by Tata for further tuning of the JTPs

Any information on that

Last edited by WDB : 21st December 2018 at 12:57.
WDB is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st December 2018, 12:58   #20
BHPian

The red ORVMs on white one are seriously looking worst.
Instead should have gone with black ORVMs on both colour options.
Good to see Tata going without chrome(Unlike Maruti) and making car looking awesome.(I hate chrome).
And forgot to mention, great and crispy review, as always.
coolmind is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st December 2018, 13:15   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Brilliant review guys, you both had lot of fun driving this pocket rocket on those roads .

Just curious to know the ECU of this car. Any idea about the brand?
Dr.Naren is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st December 2018, 13:28   #22
BHPian

A great review!

The hot-hatch market is finally getting the attention it deserves. I hope that other brands take up this category seriously in the coming years. A last hurrah for the dinosaur guzzlers, if you will.
Viraat13 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2018, 13:47   #23
BHPian

What a review! Good job by TATA and Jayem! Kudos to Tata for making this affordable too.

I recently test drove the Polo GT Tsi. Was looking for a daily driver (about 25 km daily) which also is fun to drive.
The sales guy said there was apparently a shortage of engines(common VW...) and promised the delivery in March.. Not acceptable. Also price rise is expected, resulting in OTR value around 12.2 lakhs.

Now that JTP has been given a by our very own team, I am going to seriously consider the Tiago JTP.

Cheers,
AB

P.S: The saved money over a Polo can fuel the JTP for years, and I won't mind redlining it always
coriollis is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 21st December 2018, 13:53   #24
BHPian

What a review; I could feel the rush as I was reading; rated 5 stars.

While technical details are included in the review but even that reads more like feelings than just tech specs; this compilation is truly straight from the heart.

After ages, getting to see something that rekindles the romance of those drool-worthy Palio’s; feels like dating again

JTP’ed Nexon may garner decent numbers because of the segment it plays in; hot performance in the hottest segment may just be the right match.
yogeshsom29 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 21st December 2018, 14:22   #25
BHPian

Great review for great looking car.

Very impressed and now it definitely figures in my list of cars-to-consider when I look to replace my polo.

Your point on exhaust note influenced me to listen to it on you tube.

I was reunited with the inner child in me. Thank you.
lordvader is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st December 2018, 14:43   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
This particular car was one of the earliest testers with >50,000 km on the clock. It was almost stock with one small change - there was no rev limiter.
So if the test car without limiter could do 50,000 kms of testing, is there an opportunity that JTP twins can get some ECU mods to help move the limiter up by say 500-1000 rpm? Though I don't know as to how will this impact the performance? Is there power left at 5,900 rpm which can be tapped if the motor revved further?
ksameer1234 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st December 2018, 15:02   #27
BHPian

I had a wide grin on my face just by reading this review! I wonder how it will be when I actually do a TD! Every line I read, it made me want to go out there and drive this pocket rocket!

And again - every line I read - it made me think how (if ever), the Swift Sport would be missed in India!? What a missed opportunity Maruti will have! And what a superb opportunity Tata is enjoying right now - its an entire segment (low cost hot hatches) being served on a platter, and no one's there for the taking except Tata!

Take a bow Tata - hope you wont disappoint in the after sales department!
vsathyap is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st December 2018, 15:08   #28
BHPian

Excellent review. Written directly from heart, especially in the driving and handling section. Felt as though I was seated beside the reviewers.

Nowadays I am literally waiting for the review of the cars from Tata which was not the case previously. Every car nowadays from Tata generates a lot of interest and has something or the other going for it. Next is Harrier which again is eagerly awaited.

Tiago JTP can be an amazing 2nd car I believe to have fun whenever you are in the mood (this is how I am convincing myself to go for one)

Just a question. Is the clutch heavier? or is it same like regular Tiago?
NaviRai12 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st December 2018, 15:17   #29
BHPian

1st Tiago JTP delivered in Mumbai.

Quote:
Huge shout out to Mumbai resident Mr. Zishan Khan on being the nation’s first person to own a JTP. Congratulations! We wish you the very best and look forward to a long and thrilling journey with you. He is truly a #JTPRacerAtHeart
Tata Tiago JTP : Official Review-capture.png

Source
amrutmhatre90 is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 21st December 2018, 15:30   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coriollis View Post
What a review! Good job by TATA and Jayem! Kudos to Tata for making this affordable too.

I recently test drove the Polo GT Tsi. Was looking for a daily driver (about 25 km daily) which also is fun to drive.
The sales guy said there was apparently a shortage of engines(common VW...) and promised the delivery in March.. Not acceptable. Also price rise is expected, resulting in OTR value around 12.2 lakhs.

Now that JTP has been given a by our very own team, I am going to seriously consider the Tiago JTP.

Cheers,
AB

P.S: The saved money over a Polo can fuel the JTP for years, and I won't mind redlining it always
Just a note of caution: The review has already called out the cars for turbo lag and city driving. Having moved from an MT (Polo 1.2) to an AT (GT TSI) in July, and having a longer daily commute (~45 kms) than yours, I cannot emphasize the difference more. It is much less tiring, and I don't turn into an irritable grump anymore.
TheLizardKing is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks