Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2019, 16:53   #121
BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago JTP : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksameer1234 View Post
Is it? My bad then. I had shared what my sales advisor told me. What's surprising though, neither Panchajanya nor National Autowheels have contacted me back on JTP because I had followed up with them so much calling every week to ask for updates. If such is their attitude, I wonder how will the sales for JTP keep up.
Use the Tata Website. They are much more focused.https://jtp.tatamotors.com/ :thumbs up
Old 1st February 2019, 16:54   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Is it? My bad then. I had shared what my sales advisor told me. What's surprising though, neither Panchajanya nor National Autowheels have contacted me back on JTP because I had followed up with them so much calling every week to ask for updates. If such is their attitude, I wonder how will the sales for JTP keep up.
Maybe you can drop by at the showroom if you stay close by.

I have visited Panchjanjya a few times already and they have been very eager to make a sale (not those pushy types).

So if you are keen on buying / test driving the car, maybe it would be a good idea to pay them a visit? Just my two cents worth.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 5th February 2019 at 09:03. Reason: Spacing
Old 1st February 2019, 17:02   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulerofsun View Post
Use the Tata Website. They are much more focused.https://jtp.tatamotors.com/ :thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedByFIAT View Post
Maybe you can drop by at the showroom if you stay close by.
Sorry since I didn't inform but I already bought Tiago JTP couple of weeks ago, from Concorde in Baner. My only point was that I had been in regular touch with all JTP dealers in Pune since November so I was expecting them to call me up once they got cars. That is unless they found out that I have already bought one, which in my opinion is farfetched.
ksameer1234 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2019, 15:52   #124
WDB
BHPian

Well, well; what have we here!

My JTP and a Tigor at that - piping hot aka garmagaram from showroom. More on it a bit later.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago JTP : Official Review-b02e8f14e3c546bc9b4e42fec2358477.jpeg  

WDB is offline   (39) Thanks
Old 4th February 2019, 22:40   #125
BHPian

One quick question:

We are about to see BSVI coming in and Tiago and Tigor JTP are fitted with BSIV, what impact will it have, if any on the consumer ?

Dont mind my question if this is already answered as I have not been regular on the forum like before.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 5th February 2019 at 09:03. Reason: Spacing
Old 5th February 2019, 08:33   #126
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDB View Post

My JTP and a Tigor at that - piping hot aka garmagaram from showroom. More on it a bit later.
Congratulations. Hope you have removed the ribbons on the bonnet already. If not, make sure it is removed ASAP.
pavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2019, 09:57   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunsh!nes View Post
One quick question:

We are about to see BSVI coming in and Tiago and Tigor JTP are fitted with BSIV, what impact will it have, if any on the consumer ?

Dont mind my question if this is already answered as I have not been regular on the forum like before.
From what I know, there will be absolutely no impact mechanically on any BS 4 car. They will continue to run just fine on BS 6 fuel, and there is no problem in buying and continuing to run a BS4 vehicle post BS 6 implementation. Almost all cars sold today are BS 4, BS 6 cars are still a long way off from coming into the market.
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2019, 22:47   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDB View Post

Congratulations !!!! wishing lot of Happy and safe driving!! Looks killer. First Tigor JTP I guess.

Eager to hear your initial observations and a review.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 6th February 2019 at 22:58. Reason: Spacing
Old 16th February 2019, 13:54   #129
BHPian

Just took a TD of a red Tiago JTP at Gurudev Motors in Koyambedu, Chennai. There was another person who also came to test drive the car. He drove the car first and for 20% of the drive, he drove in City mode and changed to Sports. When my turn came, I drove the car in City mode just for 50 meters and changed to Sports mode. Since my last TD of a Tigor JTP was almost in City mode, I can immediately feel the difference and I feel the exhaust note also changes slightly.

The vehicle has some serious power in second and third gears and if you drive the car enthusiastically, you won't change to fourth in city. Overtaking in traffic is very easy provided you have the space to zoom ahead. I went to the fourth gear just for a couple of seconds which lacks any punch.

Low-end torque is definitely better than the normal Tiago. In City mode, the vehicle pulls even without throttle input. There were four adults and one child in the car. Driving in bumper to bumper traffic shouldn't be a problem for most folks. There is a slight jerk when you lift off the throttle at first and second gears but I was able to get around it quickly.

Steering weighs up as the speed increases and I think they got the steering feedback spot on.I found the brake to be a little spongy but it gets the job done very well once you get the hang of it.

I really felt this car can give most cars twice the price a run for their money while driving it.
motobliss is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th February 2019, 19:56   #130
BHPian

Saw the first JTP Tiago today. For a layman outsider - this will be the perfect ‘sleeper’ hot hatch. Of course, the enthusiast will recognise it at first go. Sadly, it was in traffic so couldn’t hear the sounds.
Pic taken at Wakad (Blr - Mum highway) in the morning (about 930) today (16th). Tata Tiago JTP : Official Review-236f81de651a4e23bad26378b6aac0c1.jpeg

Tata Tiago JTP : Official Review-7332d48070ea45509070fee312eb5cb1.jpeg
torquecurve is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 16th February 2019, 21:51   #131
BHPian

Forgot to add the photos of the Tiago JTP that i took the TD of today. Here they are:
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago JTP : Official Review-tiagojtp1.jpg  

Tata Tiago JTP : Official Review-tiagojtp2.jpg  

motobliss is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th February 2019, 14:25   #132
Senior - BHPian

With the recently launched Tiago XZ+ the visual difference between a normal and the JTP’fied version seems to be quite minimal .

XZ+
Tata Tiago JTP : Official Review-e7c9e948a2244f8f92231a5453c3d7e4.jpeg

JTP
Tata Tiago JTP : Official Review-db13770c1da3436cbb03ce4178257317.jpeg

Of course for any discerning enthusiasts, they could see the some key difference between normal and JTP Tiago ; some of them below
  • Read as XZ+ vs JTP
  • Highlighted chrome vs complete chrome delete - on front fog and lower grills
  • The hexagonal grill vs the stretched hexagonal grill
  • Black shroud with Chrome detailing elements inside the headlamp vs chrome shroud with black detailing elements (although both have the same setup)
  • Plain bonnet vs Vents on Bonnets and sides
  • Black side cladding on lower body vs clean side body
  • 5 spoke Alloy pattern vs dual 5 spoke ( or 10 spoke ) alloys
  • Hidden exhaust vs Visible dual exhaust
  • No rear fog lamps vs Rear fog lamp which won’t work !

Last edited by Mi10 : 18th February 2019 at 14:34.
Mi10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th February 2019, 14:52   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquecurve View Post
Saw the first JTP Tiago today.

Pic taken at Wakad (Blr - Mum highway) in the morning (about 930) today (16th).
You spotted me! I was on the way to Concorde Tathwade for completing first service/inspection.

Quote:
Sadly, it was in traffic so couldn’t hear the sounds.
Sukiwa has done a fantastic job of capturing the exhaust note and put out the video. You may want to check it out. https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post4544858

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi10 View Post
With the recently launched Tiago XZ+ the visual difference between a normal and the JTP’fied version seems to be quite minimal .
XZ+ actually gets more features than JTP but there is no comparison when to comes to performance!
ksameer1234 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th February 2019, 14:55   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi10 View Post

Of course for any discerning enthusiasts, they could see the some key difference between normal and JTP Tiago ; some of them below
  • Read as XZ+ vs JTP
  • Highlighted chrome vs complete chrome delete - on front fog and lower grills
  • The hexagonal grill vs the stretched hexagonal grill
  • Black shroud with Chrome detailing elements inside the headlamp vs chrome shroud with black detailing elements (although both have the same setup)
  • Plain bonnet vs Vents on Bonnets and sides
  • Black side cladding on lower body vs clean side body
  • 5 spoke Alloy pattern vs dual 5 spoke ( or 10 spoke ) alloys
  • Hidden exhaust vs Visible dual exhaust
  • No rear fog lamps vs Rear fog lamp which won’t work !

Biggest difference which will be in the interior. No ACC & touch screen on JTP and both are available on XZ+
Old 18th February 2019, 14:57   #135
BHPian

Quote:
You spotted me! I was on the way to Concorde Tathwade for completing first service/inspection.
We actually tried driving slowly on the expressway - just to see if you are going to be there . Well, that's a beauty in your garage. If I wasn't getting hitched this year, for sure would have been in my garage as a replacement for the Vista. The perfect complement to the Nano and Superb!
torquecurve is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed