Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2019, 13:02   #136
BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago JTP : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldice4u View Post
Biggest difference which will be in the interior. No ACC & touch screen on JTP and both are available on XZ+
The JTP has a touch screen, albeit the old resistive one found in the pre-face lift Tigor.
motobliss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2019, 09:42   #137
WDB
BHPian

Strange, I do not find any rear wind shield wiper on Tigor JTP
Old 25th February 2019, 09:58   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDB View Post

Regular Tigor never had a rear wiper hence Tigor JTP doesn't get one either. I don't think that should be much of a concern though. By the way, how is your initial experience with Tigor JTP? Many have mentioned about the additional stability due to longer wheelbase, how do you find the car on highways? Sorry for too many questions.
ksameer1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2019, 10:04   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Tigor do not need it due to sedan shape. Please ask "vortex" to google baba to learn more.
Latheesh is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2019, 10:16   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As said by others, Tigor being a sedan (compact sedan to be particular) wouldn't have a rear wiper.

Related thread (Rear Wiper & Washer ? Why only on hatch backs and NOT on sedans?)

and an excerpt from one of the post
Quote:
In Hatchbacks, after the boot lid there is nothing so the air flow causes turbulence and the dust+water that is thrown gets stuck onto the rear windscreen obscuring vision, so to prevent that manufacturers give the option of the rear windscreen wiper but in the case a sedan the air flow continues further from the windscreen to the boot lid, so the turbulence caused is after the boot lid, so the sedans in the rains will have dust over the boot lid and the registration plate area whereas the hatchbacks have it all over the rear part of the car.
sukiwa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2019, 19:02   #141
WDB
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksameer1234 View Post
Regular Tigor never had a rear wiper hence Tigor JTP doesn't get one either. I don't think that should be much of a concern though. By the way, how is your initial experience with Tigor JTP? Many have mentioned about the additional stability due to longer wheelbase, how do you find the car on highways? Sorry for too many questions.
Yes, my initial ownership experience is now long due, not able to get round to doing it, will take some time out over the week

Frankly have not driven much hardly 250 KM on the meter; also not been able to take it out on highway as number plates are still awaited. But whatever little I have driven, I sure find the ride sturdy; however, will not be able to tell the difference from a Tiago, had not even tried it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Tigor do not need it due to sedan shape. Please ask "vortex" to google baba to learn more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
As said by others, Tigor being a sedan (compact sedan to be particular) wouldn't have a rear wiper.

Related thread (Rear Wiper & Washer ? Why only on hatch backs and NOT on sedans?)

and an excerpt from one of the post
So noob of me; actually had been driving a Hatch for a decade and did not even realise till my kid drew my attention to it; but now i know better, thanks guys

Last edited by suhaas307 : 25th February 2019 at 19:06. Reason: Removing additional spacing
Old 26th February 2019, 16:02   #142
BHPian

Took delivery of Tigor JTP from Adishakti motors Bangalore on Friday 22nd Feb. Driven around 200 KMS since. I wont be posting pictures etc of the car as it has already been done enough on the forum.

Here are the initial observations. Having driven many cars including some on Autobahns in Germany, I can clearly say that this is the best car which for this price !! Thank you Tata and JTP for delivering such a great vehicle which makes it affordable for someone like me to enjoy what a sports car feels like, if not completely in the sports league.

Coming back to the topic of Tigor JTP, this is my 4th Tata car - after Safari, Manza and Nano XTA. All cars have been gems in their own right and collectively I have driven close to 2 Lakhs KMS in Tata cars without a single breakdown and mostly only minimum regular servicing bills

Although it is premature to talk about Tigor JTP in terms of long term reliability, I hope it is like my earlier experience with Tata vehicles. With no offence meant to anyone, I feel sorry for folks who have not test driven these gems and have bought other cars from the so called reliable manufacturers at exorbitant prices. The Tiago and Tigor JTP twins are the best in the business for the price. Period. But with folks who look for 7 inches entertainment unit rather than the engine, build quality or safety, nothing much can be said.

On a personal note, I am thankful to Tata for all that they have given me over the years. They gave me the comfort of Safari back in 2007 and I did innumerable trips where no car in that segment could have taken me for that price, then parallely in 2011, I got Manza and had enough family runs in comfort..... that back seat still remains a segment benchmark in the industry. Then came my Nano XTA in 2015, which has made my city drive in Bangalore pure bliss !! Now JTP to burn tarmac on toll roads.

This is one manufacturer who has never compromised and created many segment firsts without much profit and still not making profits. But their high standards keeps them to offer us better affordable vehicles with safety still a priority unlike other tin can manufacturers who have better perceived reliability and resale value

Thank you TATA and please continue to be what you are. I hope the values will continue to the next generation and my children can again by Tata cars even after Ratan is not at the helm of the affairs !!

A salute to a great automaker. With that I rest my thoughts

Last edited by suhaas307 : 26th February 2019 at 16:03. Reason: Removing additional spacing
power ranger is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 26th February 2019, 16:28   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by power ranger View Post
Took delivery of Tigor JTP from Adishakti motors Bangalore on Friday 22nd Feb. Driven around 200 KMS since. I wont be posting pictures etc of the car as it has already been done enough on the forum.
Congrats!!

How is the ride quality on the Tigor? I believe the one on the Tiago is fairly stiff- is the Tigor any different? Does it handle Bangalore's bad roads with ease, or do they filter through to give a stiff ride?

Also, doesn't matter if pics have been posted earlier- pics of a new ride are always welcome on the forum, so do post some if possible !
Old 26th February 2019, 17:09   #144
BHPian

The ride quality is just awesome at high speeds and even during cornering. The suspension is a little stiff to accommodate this but very much comfortable in the city too. Yes will post pics soon 😀
Old 28th February 2019, 15:10   #145
Senior - BHPian

Couldn’t resist; Hence ..

Tata Tiago JTP : Official Review-0f8228c5aea647d68cb110c955110cc1.jpeg
Mi10 is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 28th February 2019, 15:31   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi10 View Post
Couldn’t resist
Hearty congratulations!! Hope that the car reaches your garage soon. I remember hearing from JTP team last week that there is still some delay in getting cars registered in Chennai (assuming you are getting the car registered in Chennai). Hope your registration happens fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
I believe the one on the Tiago is fairly stiff
I would rather say that ride is stiff only at crawling speeds. Even this isn't crashy but not supple either. Once speed is picked up though, the stiff suspension becomes a boon. Car stays composed on highways and is not disturbed on undulations. I even drove on broken tarmac and found the ride quality very good due to stiffer suspension.
ksameer1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2019, 15:37   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hearty congratulations!! Hope that the car reaches your garage soon. I remember hearing from JTP team last week that there is still some delay in getting cars registered in Chennai (assuming you are getting the car registered in Chennai). Hope your registration happens fast.
Thanks Sameer. The Dealer assured me that all the registration issues in getting the JTSV entity in RTO books is solved and the car is ready for reg.

If all goes well, expecting mine in 2-3 days
Mi10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th February 2019, 15:40   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I would rather say that ride is stiff only at crawling speeds. Even this isn't crashy but not supple either. Once speed is picked up though, the stiff suspension becomes a boon. Car stays composed on highways and is not disturbed on undulations. I even drove on broken tarmac and found the ride quality very good due to stiffer suspension.
Thanks for the input. Good to know that the handling and performance does not come at the cost of a bone jarring ride!

Quote:

If all goes well, expecting mine in 2-3 days
Woah, that is super fast! I am assuming that they have ready stock in their yard and are hence able to provide this kind of timeline. Congratulations on what looks to be the third JTP on the forum!
Old 28th February 2019, 15:56   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post

Woah, that is super fast! I am assuming that they have ready stock in their yard and are hence able to provide this kind of timeline. Congratulations on what looks to be the third JTP on the forum!
Thank you.
However, it is not ready stock! I had booked it on Feb 11. It took about 3 weeks for the car to arrive. But i was told the white Tiago and Tigor would take 6 weeks lead time.
Old 28th February 2019, 16:42   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Couldn’t resist; Hence ..
I somehow had a hunch that you are getting ready since when you started posting comparison pics between Normal Tiago vs Tiago JTP.

Anyways, hearty congratulations

So, we can expect Alloys/tyres upgrade and Remap within a week's time

Last edited by Prodigy07 : 28th February 2019 at 16:50.
Prodigy07 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks