Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2019, 14:55   #166
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago JTP : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turrrb0 View Post
Yeah!! What is that about? even the SE was clueless when I asked him how the rear fog lamp is turned on and where the button for it is.
To me, it even looked like there was a bulb inside that lens.
The Tiago XZ+ which is the top spec for NA Tiago has a cut out for the fogs (but again nothing inside). If it is only a Fog-Reflector, why will they not have that in the top spec trim ? I too think there exists a bulb or atleast a socket for the bulb inside, however Dealership was saying it is just the reflector
Old 13th March 2019, 11:57   #167
BHPian

Quote:
even the SE was clueless when I asked him how the rear fog lamp is turned on and where the button for it is.
To me, it even looked like there was a bulb inside that lens.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi10 View Post
I too think there exists a bulb or atleast a socket for the bulb inside, however Dealership was saying it is just the reflector
This is another silly oversight from Tata Motors. There is a rear fog lamp indeed but no wiring and connection to turn that on. Since there is a bulb inside, this won't work like a reflector so that's just a bulb destined to live its life in false hope of being illuminated some day. More details in post here: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4531684 (Why is Tata Motors deleting features from its new cars?)

Quote:
On another note, During my test drive I was unable to pair my phone(iphone 6) to the BT system.
I can confirm that bluetooth pairs with iPhone since my mother in law is able to do so in her Tiago. However, since I have never used an iPhone, can't help much with the settings. I have had instances where a new or paired device is not recognised / connected. I have been able to get around that by either turning the infotainment system off and on again or turning BT in phone off and on.

Last edited by ksameer1234 : 13th March 2019 at 12:03. Reason: reply to BT issue
ksameer1234 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th March 2019, 12:23   #168
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksameer1234 View Post
I can confirm that bluetooth pairs with iPhone since my mother in law is able to do so in her Tiago. However, since I have never used an iPhone, can't help much with the settings. I have had instances where a new or paired device is not recognised / connected. I have been able to get around that by either turning the infotainment system off and on again or turning BT in phone off and on.
With my experience with Honda City OEM audio system and iPhone 6, once paired its better to keep the blutooth on in phone before making the OEM audio system on. This makes the pairing of already paired devices a breeze as the device will be paired automatically when the OEM system is started.
pavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2019, 12:35   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have had instances where a new or paired device is not recognised / connected. I have been able to get around that by either turning the infotainment system off and on again or turning BT in phone off and on.
Yes this issue exists and i anyway have two Android Phones and both exhibit this behavior. My earlier iPhone 6S used to have a mind of its own, as it automatically switches on the BT 2-3 min after i am in the car and establishes the connection with my S-Cross audio system. Too bad had to sell the i6s due to battery issues.
Old 14th March 2019, 15:26   #170
BHPian

Hi Swiftnfurious,

Congratulations on the JTP Tiago. I could not manage a test drive yet in Bangalore. Dealerships disappointed and mellowed my enthusiasm down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
He gave a proper stick and the car responded.
Does it need extra prodding to extract performance out of it in sports mode? The need to push the car hard to extract performance won't be good for the engine in long term, leading to higher maintenance, hence the concern.

Thanks!
AD
Old 14th March 2019, 16:04   #171
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arighna.dutta View Post
...Does it need extra prodding to extract performance out of it in sports mode? The need to push the car hard to extract performance won't be good for the engine in long term, leading to higher maintenance, hence the concern...
It's a petrol - so it needs a little push for "faster" performance. When I say push, it's not that you need to work the gears a lot, the 3rd gear gives you ample band to play around. I'd not drive a diesel the same way (I'd rather build speed). If you are ok with a linear performance (and not outright), just being normal on the pedal works.
Old 14th March 2019, 16:30   #172
BHPian

What a car! What a review! Rated a full 5 stars. This is the best petrol car to upgrade to, from the Swift! (I say this as a proud owner of the Swift G series) this side of 10 lakhs (Polo GT TSi is a DSG and Fiat will soon shut shop in India )
Old 14th March 2019, 16:35   #173
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arighna.dutta View Post
Congratulations on the JTP Tiago.
@arighna, SwiftnFurious only did a TD of the Tiago JTP. He has not purchased it.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2019, 18:26   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi10 View Post
The Tiago XZ+ which is the top spec for NA Tiago has a cut out for the fogs (but again nothing inside). If it is only a Fog-Reflector, why will they not have that in the top spec trim ? I too think there exists a bulb or atleast a socket for the bulb inside, however Dealership was saying it is just the reflector
Quote:
There is a rear fog lamp indeed but no wiring and connection to turn that on. Since there is a bulb inside, this won't work like a reflector so that's just a bulb destined to live its life in false hope of being illuminated some day.
Is there any way of wiring it up? maybe a button can be added on the centre console right next to the front fog-lamp button?

Quote:
Oh that's a relief, in the car's defense I didn't really probe too much and try to figure out what might be the issue. Will try sometime again.
Old 18th March 2019, 12:33   #175
BHPian

Some pics of my amazing Tigor JTP

Tata Tiago JTP : Official Review-img_20190312_084527274.jpg

Tata Tiago JTP : Official Review-img_20190312_084505551.jpg

Tata Tiago JTP : Official Review-img_20190311_085658580.jpg

Tata Tiago JTP : Official Review-img_20190312_084514455.jpg
power ranger is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 18th March 2019, 14:29   #176
BHPian

Congrats power ranger for your new purchase. Just curious, which mode are you using while driving?
Old 18th March 2019, 14:48   #177
BHPian

Mostly in CITY mode while in Bangalore. Otherwise SPORT mode on highways
Old 25th March 2019, 08:31   #178
BHPian

Would you guys recommend Tiago JTP for a first-time car buyer who is also new to driving a 4 wheeler? Thanks in advance.
tinshark is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2019, 10:50   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinshark View Post
Would you guys recommend Tiago JTP for a first-time car buyer who is also new to driving a 4 wheeler? Thanks in advance.

Why not! You have city and sport modes. You can start driving in City mode and once you get a hang of the car, it's dimension et al you can switch to sport mode and have all the fun 😊
Waspune is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th March 2019, 11:15   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinshark View Post
Depends. Do you dream about sports cars, racing cars and the urge to floor it, like most of us visiting this thread?

If yes, go for it.

However, be prepared for few things:
1) Low mileage
2) Always telling everyone who sit in the performance hatchback to buckle up
3) Live with Tata brand as well as their unpredictable service (Tiago owner here and a Tata fanboy as well) for your very first experience.
turbospooler is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed