Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2019, 14:54   #136
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Santro : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning2 View Post
HI
you have not mentioned Budget and transmission ( Auto or Manual ) requirement.
Anyways, Kwid is not competent vehicle and poor resale value, poor quality of service of the car, poor After sales support.
If Budget is not a constraint you can go for IGNIS, its sturdy vehicle with good engine.
New Hyundai Santro is basically FLOP model, do Not go for it,, instead you can Opt for CELERIO, comes in Budget, its good looking both in white and silver colour with Wheel Caps. Both CELERIO and IGNIS are available in manual and AUTO
Don't take it offensively but you sound like a Maruti Salesperson right there. I have seen more Hyundai Santro on the road than Ignis at least so not sure how its a flop model.
jalajprakash is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th October 2019, 16:48   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning2 View Post
HI
New Hyundai Santro is basically FLOP model, do Not go for it,, instead you can Opt for CELERIO, comes in Budget, its good looking both in white and silver colour with Wheel Caps. Both CELERIO and IGNIS are available in manual and AUTO
Thank you for the suggestions but MS is a strict no-no for me. That is the reason I am looking at other manufacturers.
Old 26th October 2019, 17:08   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshanpal View Post
After a lot of research, I finally got the new Santro Sportz AMT as my first car. Parking sensors are standard now. If a dealer says no parking sensors are available that means he is trying to sell you an old model. Ask for a huge discount if you are not getting these features.
Your new Santro AMT looks almost like a NIOS and you've saved a lot in the bargain. thanks for the input regards parking sensors and old car, would be useful to new buyers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
So my uncle booked the new Santro in Nios' Titan GreyThe Nexa dealership really seems to believe in their own "premium" hype too much was my personal takeaway from the whole saga which took a full week of my vacation in Bangalore.
I almost bought an Ignis manual Sigma petrol as the NEXA dealership I visited offered a great deal for my 14 year old Hyundai Elantra with exchange bonus thrown in the OTR came to around ₹ 4.3L for the Ignis manual Sigma which I found quiet good. The car was intended for my daughter as she didn't like the Ignis plan was dropped and sold it to Cars 24. I loved the Ignis for it's compact size, great seating and smooth drive and the good deal I got for my old Elantra: was very tempted!! Ignis is a great car: I seem to have a liking for 'under dogs' right from my Elantra days.
Durango Dude is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th October 2019, 17:14   #139
Senior - BHPian

Yeah the Ignis felt better than the Santro to me in almost every department. The deal breaker was the 50k underquote on Hyundais offer on the old and sparingly run car.

Anyway came here to point it out that the Santro AMT Sportz sold to my relative came shod with MRF ZVTS tyres.

The spare wheel is a 13" Hankook Kinergy Eco 2.

When did Hyundai swap Hankook for MRFs?

Last edited by Nithesh_M : 26th October 2019 at 17:19.
Nithesh_M is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2019, 17:22   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya.86 View Post
Thank you for the suggestions but MS is a strict no-no for me. That is the reason I am looking at other manufacturers.
My advise is to take TD of all your potential buys and make your own choice. It is easy to get (mis)guided by others' opinions. Decide on what you want and your budget, usage and go for it.
Old 26th October 2019, 18:03   #141

In my previous post, I forgot to mention how much I paid for my new Santro Sportz AMT Anniversary edition, after all the discounts. I hope this will help other buyers. Below is the final quote. I made a booking payment of 21,000/-
The price is for Bangalore btw.

Hyundai Santro : Official Review-bill.jpg

I got a cash discount of 40,000/-
Free extended warranty.
The dealer was trying to charge me 37k for Insurance. I got the same insurance directly from the insurance company for 22.6k. Overall, I got decent discounts I think.

So, a total of 6.32 lacs and another 20k for insurance.
roshanpal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2019, 19:28   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
Yeah the Ignis felt better than the Santro to me in almost every department. The deal breaker was the 50k underquote on Hyundais offer on the old and sparingly run car.

Anyway came here to point it out that the Santro AMT Sportz sold to my relative came shod with MRF ZVTS tyres.

The spare wheel is a 13" Hankook Kinergy Eco 2.

When did Hyundai swap Hankook for MRFs?

I got mine delivered today and it came with Ceat Fuelsmart.
Old 31st October 2019, 16:08   #143
Senior - BHPian

Santro received two stars crash testing

Santro has received just two stars for adult and child occupant safety.
https://auto.ndtv.com/news/hyundai-s...ome-topstories
Guna is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st October 2019, 16:12   #144
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Santro received two stars crash testing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Santro has received just two stars for adult and child occupant safety.
Also on TBHP Thread here -
Link - TBHP Article (Global NCAP launches the sixth round of #SaferCarsForIndia crash test results)

Quote:
Hyundai Santro
The Santro achieved two stars for adult occupant protection and two stars for child occupant protection. The Santro offers only a driver frontal airbag as standard. Its structure was rated as unstable. Its footwell area was rated as unstable. Head and neck protection for adult occupants was good. Chest protection was weak for the driver and marginal for the passenger leading to a limitation of the SBR points achieved by this model for the driver. Child occupant protection showed poor results mainly because the manufacturers did not recommend a CRS for the test. The dynamic performance was poor as the head of the 3 year old showed contact during the impact. There was limited protection for the 3 year old neck while the 18 month old received acceptable protection. The Santro offers standard driver SBR but its points were not considered for the final rating as the chest of the driver received weak protection. It is surprising that this car is not offering 3 points belts for all occupants.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2019, 15:59   #145

In my opinion, the crash test rating isn't really fair. Ertiga got a higher rating because it has 2 airbags in it. If Santro passenger airbag version was tested, the results would have been different.
Old 5th November 2019, 16:08   #146
BHPian

Quote:
In my opinion, the crash test rating isn't really fair. Ertiga got a higher rating because it has 2 airbags in it. If Santro passenger airbag version was tested, the results would have been different.
For GNCAP, to test a Santro, that has a passenger airbag, Hyundai should first launch a Santro base variant with 2 airbags. GNCAP only tests the base variant. Also, the structures on the Santro and Ertiga are unstable, hence I do not think airbags will make any major difference in the overall ratings.
Aditya_Bhp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th November 2019, 16:37   #147
BHPian

Congrats.
Went for booking the Nios AMT and felt the Santro AMT was more VFM.

We finalized the Santro Anniversary Edition in Teal Blue Color.

However, the dealer is now informing me that Hyundai is not taking booking for Teal Blue color and only white color is available in the Anniversary Edition.
Do you have any idea about this (which color did you opt for)?

Can you post some pics of the interiors of your car?
Does the car come with a reverse parking camera? And in the Ann Edition , are the ORVM and Door Handles in Glossy Black color?

Quote:
In my previous post, I forgot to mention how much I paid for my new Santro Sportz AMT Anniversary edition, after all the discounts. I hope this will help other buyers. Below is the final quote. I made a booking payment of 21,000/-

I got a cash discount of 40,000/-
Free extended warranty.
The dealer was trying to charge me 37k for Insurance. I got the same insurance directly from the insurance company for 22.6k. Overall, I got decent discounts I think.

So, a total of 6.32 lacs and another 20k for insurance.
Old 13th November 2019, 10:12   #148
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
GNCAP rates safety of the base variant & thats perfect. That pushes the car makers to standardize safety features from base variant.

Its stupid in a claimed "modern world" for safety to be different for someone who can only afford a base variant & for someone who can by the top most trim. Its as good as saying the rich should have better chance of survival. Good to see that GNCAP is working to change this & results are indeed showing with many cars coming with 2 airbags as standard now.

Santro certainly should. Its not a cheap car to buy by any means either.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th November 2019, 11:52   #149

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav911 View Post
Congrats.
Went for booking the Nios AMT and felt the Santro AMT was more VFM.

We finalized the Santro Anniversary Edition in Teal Blue Color.

However, the dealer is now informing me that Hyundai is not taking booking for Teal Blue color and only white color is available in the Anniversary Edition.
Do you have any idea about this (which color did you opt for)?

Can you post some pics of the interiors of your car?
Does the car come with a reverse parking camera? And in the Ann Edition , are the ORVM and Door Handles in Glossy Black color?
I was not aware of the anniversary edition when I went for a booking. The dealer had just received some photos on WhatsApp. It was not even announced publicly.
I went for the Teal Blue color as I have posted pictures in one of my previous posts in this thread.
At least in Bangalore, the booking is still open for Teal Blue color. Last week I had been to the showroom again to get seat covers and number plate. Now they have a Santro Teal Blue model for display also. The showroom is Advaith Hyundai, Residency Road, Bangalore.

The car has reverse parking sensors and a reverse camera which works really well. Door handles and ORVM are in glossy black. For the pictures of the exterior, you can check my previous post. I'll try to post some pictures of the interior later today.
roshanpal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2019, 15:25   #150
Senior - BHPian

Road noise is unbearable in the Santro with the MRF tyres when the tarmac isn't smooth like a toll road. Any minute imperfection in tarmac surface and the sound is too loud it sounds like the car is scraping along the road.

Is anybody noticing this?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks