Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 17th January 2020, 18:45   #166
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)
Default Re: Hyundai Santro : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by styx71 View Post
Thanks smrtdvl !!

Do you mind summarizing any other observations between the two, please. I suppose Celerio is amt as well?
An important point to be noted, Santro AMT employs electronic actuators while Maruti AMT employs mechanical actuators. Hence the Santro AMT would be having much better shift quality when compared to Maruti AMT.
pavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2020, 01:08   #167
BHPian

Default Re: Hyundai Santro : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by styx71 View Post
Thanks smrtdvl !!

Do you mind summarizing any other observations between the two, please. I suppose Celerio is amt as well?
The main diff primarily is the way the gear shifts happen. In Celerio I could feel the head nodding effect and in Santro it's not that obvious. The other thing to be noted is the excellent interiors compared to Celerio.

Day before yesterday had a chance to take the co-passenger seat for a 150kms drive and the car was able to do triple digit speeds at ease. But the ride quality is bit stiff compared to my Vista and the MID was showing 19.5 Kmpl once we hit the highway. Hope this helps.
smrtdvl is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote