Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2020, 18:45   #166
BANNED

Re: Hyundai Santro : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by styx71 View Post
Thanks smrtdvl !!

Do you mind summarizing any other observations between the two, please. I suppose Celerio is amt as well?
An important point to be noted, Santro AMT employs electronic actuators while Maruti AMT employs mechanical actuators. Hence the Santro AMT would be having much better shift quality when compared to Maruti AMT.
Old 18th January 2020, 01:08   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by styx71 View Post
Thanks smrtdvl !!

Do you mind summarizing any other observations between the two, please. I suppose Celerio is amt as well?
The main diff primarily is the way the gear shifts happen. In Celerio I could feel the head nodding effect and in Santro it's not that obvious. The other thing to be noted is the excellent interiors compared to Celerio.

Day before yesterday had a chance to take the co-passenger seat for a 150kms drive and the car was able to do triple digit speeds at ease. But the ride quality is bit stiff compared to my Vista and the MID was showing 19.5 Kmpl once we hit the highway. Hope this helps.
smrtdvl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2020, 17:42   #168
Senior - BHPian

BS6 Hyundai Santro AMT now available in Asta trim

Thanks to Manivannan Palanisamy for sending this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Hyundai Santro : Official Review-2018hyundaisantro02.jpg

The Hyundai Santro BS6 equipped with an automated manual transmission (AMT) is now available in the top-spec Asta trim. At launch, the AMT gearbox was only available in Magna and Sportz variants.

The Santro is available with a BS6 compliant 1.1-litre, 4-cylinder petrol engine that produces 68 BHP @ 5,500 rpm and 99 Nm @ 4,500 rpm. The engine is paired with either a 5-speed manual or 5-speed AMT.

The Santro is also offered with a factory fitted CNG kit. When running on CNG, the overall output drops to 58 BHP @ 5,500 rpm and 84 Nm @ 4,500 rpm. The CNG version is only available with a 5-speed manual gearbox.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 28th February 2020 at 17:43.
TusharK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st March 2020, 13:45   #169
Team-BHP Support

Just been using my father in laws poverty spec Santro. He bought it in July 2019 and covered an impressive 175 km since. I doubled the odometer in a weekend.

After my VW's it is relatively tinny but it cruises at 80km/h easy, hates sharp bumps and humpback bridges. Dont feel shortchanged inside. All in all, a neat if anodyne city car
ajmat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th April 2020, 16:19   #170
BHPian

BS6 Hyundai Santro Launched In India, Prices Start At ₹ 4.57 Lakh.

Quote:
Hyundai India has silently launched the BS6 version of Santro in the Indian market. Launched at a starting price of ₹ 4.57 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi), the Santro comes in petrol and petrol-CNG derivatives. The car was initially introduced in the country towards the end of 2018 at a starting price of ₹ 3.89 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi). Later on, the South Korean automaker increased the prices for the Santro by ₹ 25,000 on the base trim, wherein the entry-level D-Lite and Era variants were discontinued. With the BS6 regulations already into effect, the company has introduced the BS6 version of the car.
Quote:
Era Executive MT - 4.57 Lakhs
Magna MT - 5.04 Lakhs
Sportz MT - 5.40 Lakhs
Magna AMT - 5.52 Lakhs
Asta MT - 5.78 Lakhs
Magna CNG - 5.84 Lakhs
Sportz AMT - 5.98 Lakhs
Sportz CNG - 6.20 Lakhs.
Prices has also been updated in Hyundai India website. Pricing for Asta AMT is still not revealed.

https://www.carandbike.com/news/bs6-...7-lakh-2214390

Last edited by karan0009 : 19th April 2020 at 16:23. Reason: Slight correction
Old 19th April 2020, 19:56   #171
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Santro BS6 launched at Rs. 4.57 lakh

The Hyundai Santro is now available with a BS6-compliant engine. The car is available in four variants - Era Executive, Magna, Sportz and Asta with prices starting at Rs. 4,57,490 (ex-showroom, Delhi).

Hyundai Santro : Official Review-sanrto.jpg

The Santro BS6 is powered by a 1.1-litre, 4-cylinder petrol engine that produces 68 BHP @ 5,500 rpm and 99 Nm @ 4,500 rpm. The engine is paired with either a 5-speed manual or 5-speed AMT.

The Santro is also available with a factory-fitted CNG kit. When running on CNG, the engine produces 58 BHP @ 5,500 rpm and 84 Nm @ 4,500 rpm. The CNG version is only offered with a 5-speed manual transmission.

Variant-wise ex-showroom prices:

Era Executive - Rs. 4,57,490

Magna - Rs. 5,03,990

Sportz - Rs. 5,40,490

Magna AMT - Rs. 5,52,990

Asta - Rs. 5,78,490

Magna CNG - Rs. 5,84,790

Sportz AMT - Rs. 5,98,490

Sportz CNG - Rs. 6,20,290

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 19th April 2020 at 19:57.
TusharK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2020, 23:42   #172

Has anyone tried the BS6 Santro AMT? I picked one up for my wife and found the throttle response to be terrible in the first quarter of pedal travel. I am wondering if it's a Santro characteristic, a BS6 ECU strangulation or because of a tight new engine.
Old 23rd August 2020, 12:17   #173

Thinking of taking a test drive for Santro AMT. But none of the dealerships in Faridabad (Haryana) seems to have a vehicle available.

Any feedback in general on Faridabad Hyundai dealers? My benchmark is Pasco Nexa here here, and experience has been pretty good so far.

Also, request to share any arguments against Santro Sportz AMT - the pricing is now a bit too steep of course. That's one of the things pushing me towards a Celerio AMT or even a used Swift AMT.
Old 21st September 2020, 21:15   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurora.a15 View Post
Also, request to share any arguments against Santro Sportz AMT - the pricing is now a bit too steep of course. That's one of the things pushing me towards a Celerio AMT or even a used Swift AMT.
You yourself have answered the question. Santro Sportz AMT feels quite expensive for the segment it is intended for. Even Wagon R AMT with that sweet 1.2l engine is cheaper. For INR 60,000 more you can get hold of Grand i10 Nios AMT Magna which is way superior in all aspects and has a decent feature list too. In my opinion Santro AMT Magna would have a been a good proposition but Hyundai has such glaring feature omissions(no passenger airbag, day/night IRVM, parcel tray etc) in this variant that most folks have no option but to move over to Sportz. The engine is also just about ok. Somehow I do not feel confident about Santro's long term AMT reliability too.
Old 6th October 2020, 17:20   #175
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Santro CNG Executive Edition launched priced at Rs 5.87 Lakh.

Hyundai Santro : Official Review-smartselect_20201006171219_chrome.jpg

Quote:
Hyundai Motors India Ltd. (HMIL) has introduced two new trim levels to its entry-level hatchback Santro. Both these trims run on CNG and have been renamed as Magna Executive CNG and Sportz Executive CNG. Meanwhile, the current CNG variants- Magna CNG and Sportz CNG have been discontinued.

The newly added Sportz Executive CNG trim gets additional features such as a 6.95-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. The infotainment system is also equipped with Smartphone Navigation.

In terms of performance, both variants get the 1.1-litre naturally aspirated engine which produces 59.18 bhp at 5500rpm and 85.32Nm of peak torque at 4500 rpm. This is paired with a 5-speed manual gearbox only. In its stick gasoline form, this powerplant is capable enough to generate 68 bhp and 99 Nm of peak torque and also gets the option of a 5-speed AMT gearbox.
Sportz and Magna CNG replaced by Sportz Executive CNG and Magna Executive CNG

Hyundai Santro : Official Review-smartselect_20201006171202_chrome.jpg

Hyundai Santro : Official Review-smartselect_20201006171148_chrome.jpg

Hyundai Santro Prices Oct 2020

Hyundai Santro : Official Review-smartselect_20201006171137_chrome.jpg

https://www.rushlane.com/hyundai-san...-12378180.html
Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2020, 22:40   #176
BHPian

I am looking to buy an entry level 4 cylinder engine AMT. To my surprise, there are only 2 options in the market. Santro and Wagon R 1.2. (I am not interested in the higher segment cars like i10 etc). I have rejected Wagon R since I am not impressed with the overall quality. Also, never liked the boxy design ( No offense to the owners). I have zeroed in on Santro Sportz AMT. Have a few queries. Can someone help

1. I didn't quite like the design of the new Santro. The old one was way better. Hopefully they will do something in the facelift. Does anybody know the timeline for facelift?

2. Before any discount, the on road price is about 7.25 lac. This looks very expensive for an entry level hatchback. Has anybody bought it in the recent past?. What is the max discount one can expect?

3. This car turned out be a flop for Hyundai. Every other car in the segment (Or 1 segment lower/higher) is doing very well. We also need to keep in mind Eon is discontinued. I am wondering what could be the reason for this?. I am not too worried about this since, there will be some sort of an exclusivity. But just curious.
Old 1st November 2020, 23:37   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adithya.kp View Post
I am looking to buy an entry level 4 cylinder engine AMT.
Wait for upcoming all new Celerio AMT which is expected to be launched in few months time and likely to have 1.2L and AMT combo as an option like the Wagon R.
RavSam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2020, 23:37   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

1. I didn't quite like the design of the new Santro. The old one was way better. Hopefully they will do something in the facelift. Does anybody know the timeline for facelift?
Don't expect much from the facelift. There will be very few, minor / insignificant changes, which are unlikely to change the looks. Old (first generation) Santro to Santro Zing was another thing. The changes in the headlamp and the taillamp made the Santro Zing stand out.

Another thing is, the new Santro does not look bad to me now, as it looked upon the launch. IMO, it looks better than Grand i10 and definitely better than it's competitors.
Rahul Bhalgat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2020, 00:44   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can someone help

2. Before any discount, the on road price is about 7.25 lac.

3. This car turned out be a flop for Hyundai. Every other car in the segment (Or 1 segment lower/higher) is doing very well. We also need to keep in mind Eon is discontinued. I am wondering what could be the reason for this?. I am not too worried about this since, there will be some sort of an exclusivity. But just curious.
Answer to 2. Bought 2 of these last year. One manual and one AMT. Let me make this clear. This car is not worth 7.25L. Be it Bangalore or any other city, road tax or no road tax. This car is not worth a penny more than 5.5L.
I got a discount of 30k last year in October.

Answer to 3. This car did not work out because of the price. I don’t see any other reason. I am extremely happy with the car. It is peppy, has good quality interiors and the service centres are decent. Overall, very happy with the car.
Pancham is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2020, 09:12   #180
BHPian

Dear Bhpians, I started off with Wagon R 1.2 for my FIL.

Saw the Tiago in flesh at showroom and fell in love with it. Showroom guy sent an automatic Tiago and I feel in love with the AMT Tiago post the TD

But Tiago XZA is way out of my budget, unable to figure out why Tata discontinued XTA which was excellent VFM for 1st time car buyers

Now, I went through Wagon R's review to figure out how the AMT version of it was and I could see GTO raving about the butter smooth AMT of Santro and that my friends, brings me here

I am curious to know about the reliability and any other generic issues in Santro / Santro AMT . Also my FIL being a first time car buyer, I hope the service experience will be fine and that hyundai will not take him for a ride

Thanks in advance for your time and expert knowledge

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks