Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2022, 13:35   #226
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Santro : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonStorm View Post
All Cars To Get Dual Front Airbags As Standard From 1 January 2022, As per the Government Order

As per this Youtube video, Santro is equipped with Dual Airbag and Front Seat Belt Pretensioner with Load Limiter as standard across all the variants.
So, Santro Sportz Manual is now equipped with 2 airbags as standard.

Note: Hyundai India website is not yet updated this feature into their brochure list.
Coincidentally, even MSIL's website is not updated with respect to the SPresso. It still shows Optional Passenger airbag. Whereas the Eeco has dual airbags ! What is going on ?
Old 11th February 2022, 10:35   #227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
I like that this is mandatory now. Leaves us from doing guess work. I also think carwale is not updated as it shows 1 air bag in Sportz manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron178 View Post
If this is true, then the result for the Santro has expired and it would have to be retested. However, Hyundai's website has not been updated to reflect these changes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
Coincidentally, even MSIL's website is not updated with respect to the SPresso. It still shows Optional Passenger airbag. Whereas the Eeco has dual airbags ! What is going on ?
Hyundai India officially updated the 2022 Santro feature list into the brochure list on the website.
As I mentioned in the previous post below safety features are updated in the features list.

1. Dual Airbags
2. Front Seat Belt Pretensioner with Load Limiter

Hyundai Santro : Official Review-1.jpg

Santro 2022 Feature List:

Hyundai Santro : Official Review-feature_list.jpg

Since, All Cars To Get Dual Front Airbags As Standard From 1 January 2022, As per the Government Order.
Still, It is unclear AMT is available only in the Sportz variant or It is available in Magna, Sportz and Asta Variant.

Santro 2022 AMT Variant is unclear:
Name:  2.png
Views: 1038
Size:  77.8 KB

Santro 2022 brochure:

SANTRO_Hatchback_brochure.pdf
JacksonStorm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th April 2022, 19:37   #228
BHPian

Is the AMT version discontinued?
I went today to enquire and possibly book it. The sales person first said that the sportz has been discontinued and magna/asta is available from this month. I told him that the official website shows the sportz variant and he responded by saying that the website is not updated.
When asked about the pricing for magna/asta, he was clueless.
The branch manager also didn't have any idea and in the end, told me that Santro AMT has been discontinued due to low demand.
Old 24th April 2022, 22:20   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokesharo View Post
Is the AMT version discontinued?
I went today to enquire and possibly book it. The sales person first said that the sportz has been discontinued and magna/asta is available from this month. I told him that the official website shows the sportz variant and he responded by saying that the website is not updated.
When asked about the pricing for magna/asta, he was clueless.
The branch manager also didn't have any idea and in the end, told me that Santro AMT has been discontinued due to low demand.
Not Santro but from Nios Facebook group got to know that Diesel AMT Nios has been discontinued.
Old 25th April 2022, 14:43   #230
BHPian

I wonder why Hyundai continues with the AMT version when they have a cheaper IMT version which they can implement in Santro and NiOS?
Old 25th April 2022, 14:54   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
I wonder why Hyundai continues with the AMT version when they have a cheaper IMT version which they can implement in Santro and NiOS?
Those who are newbie or wanted AMT will always go with AMT. If I am looking for a car for my spouse who is afraid of changing gear, I will always go with AMT/AT/CVT as there is no intervention is required once slotted to D mode
Old 25th April 2022, 15:01   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejithkk View Post
Those who are newbie or wanted AMT will always go with AMT. If I am looking for a car for my spouse who is afraid of changing gear, I will always go with AMT/AT/CVT as there is no intervention is required once slotted to D mode
But does that mean a newbie will not buy a Venue which doesn't have an AMT? I don't think anyone learns on an automatic, so they would definitely know how to change gears. I agree on the convenience part though. Maybe Hyundai should give an option of iMT. I have a Santro AMT and would have definitely liked to have an iMT instead. The AMT does have a manual override, but the system doesn't allow you to change the gear at your will. Only when it wants to.. at a certain rpm.

Last edited by Palio_2005 : 25th April 2022 at 15:04.
Old 25th April 2022, 15:05   #233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejithkk View Post
I don't know what exactly iMT is but I think I read somewhere that one changes gear without clutch in this. Personally, I would prefer AMT over iMT as myself and my wife are new drivers and we have Nios AMT which we are very comfortable driving.

My spouse loves having not to change any gears or not bother at all with gears and same is the case with me.
Old 25th April 2022, 16:04   #234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
But does that mean a newbie will not buy a Venue which doesn't have an AMT? I don't think anyone learns on an automatic, so they would definitely know how to change gears.

It is actually a yes. Many of the first time buyers nowadays prefer to opt for automatics than MT vehicles as it helps them to quickly hit the road. They strongly feel that AT is the technology of future and MT will slowly fade away. Which may or may not be true. After driving both types of vehicles, I personally feel with MT one feels of having a more thorough control while AT definitely strains us slightly less.
Old 25th April 2022, 17:35   #235
BHPian

Called customer care today and they confirmed that Santro AMT has been discontinued.
At ~6.6 lakhs on road, it was a good car with all the required features.
Old 25th April 2022, 18:01   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokesharo View Post
Called customer care today and they confirmed that Santro AMT has been discontinued.
At ~6.6 lakhs on road, it was a good car with all the required features.
It certainly was. I am still puzzled why it didn't sell much. The car had everything going for it. Good brand value, nice interiors that Hyundai is known for, compact size but decent space inside. Yes the power window buttons are in weird place just like SPresso but that's ok.

We did check out the Santro before we finalized the Nios as we just felt Nios was better and more spacious inside and such. But if I was on strict budget, I would have definitely gone for Santro AMT.
Old 12th May 2022, 13:12   #237
BHPian

Folks, need some guidance. I am looking for a second car for the spouse to drive. The first car being an Elantra, and need other one for short distance, with in the city travel, when the first one is not available.

I had my eyes set for Santro Sportz AMT, and found to my dismay, that it is discontinued. However, Spinny (in NCR) has a 7K KM run, Nov 20, Sportz AMT model, first owner car for 5.4 L. I have seen the car, and all looks good, and have booked it, While the AMT is ok, i felt the engine noise was high for a petrol car, but I am not sure if this is how all Santros are. I have checked around, and no dealership has an AMT to show, for me to even verify this.

We intend to keep this for a long period, and primarily use for quick tours.

Please suggest if this looks like a good deal for the car? Any other pointers on how to ensure that the car is 'clean'?

Thanks.

Last edited by we_pull : 12th May 2022 at 13:14.
Old 13th May 2022, 10:00   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by we_pull View Post
Folks, need some guidance. I am looking for a second car for the spouse to drive. The first car being an Elantra, and need other one for short distance, with in the city travel, when the first one is not available.

I had my eyes set for Santro Sportz AMT, and found to my dismay, that it is discontinued. However, Spinny (in NCR) has a 7K KM run, Nov 20, Sportz AMT model, first owner car for 5.4 L. I have seen the car, and all looks good, and have booked it, While the AMT is ok, i felt the engine noise was high for a petrol car, but I am not sure if this is how all Santros are. I have checked around, and no dealership has an AMT to show, for me to even verify this.

Please suggest if this looks like a good deal for the car? Any other pointers on how to ensure that the car is 'clean'?

Thanks.
Any views will be very useful, please. Thanks.
Old 15th May 2022, 08:15   #239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by we_pull View Post

Thanks.
I got a call yesterday from the sales executive that santro AMT is available again in sportz. Please check with your local dealer once again.
Old 16th May 2022, 20:08   #240
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai's Santro likely to be axed?

Quote:
In the first inning, Santro small car had established Hyundai Motor in India and remained one of the top selling models for many years, but in contrast the second inning has been short and weak due to low demand.
Quote:
current entry-level model, the Santro, may be seen for a limited time in showrooms. That’s because its maker, according to industry sources, decided to stop product.
Link

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks