Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2019, 16:19   #61
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 84
Thanked: 64 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Santro : Official Review

Awesome. I have rated it a full 5/5. I wish I could say the same about the car though. While it may have best-in-class fit and finish and equipment, as a package overall it leaves a lot to be desired. The Asta variant is sure expensive at about 6.8 lakhs on road. I would rather buy the Tiago XZ+ with all the bells and whistles for similar money. But the real dealbreaker is that the AMT does not come in the top-end! Why Hyundai?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 10th March 2019 at 17:06. Reason: Smileys = 2 per post. Please go by the rules. Thanks.
balderash_12 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2019, 11:44   #62
BHPian
 
pavi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Cochin
Posts: 580
Thanked: 1,043 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Santro : Official Review

The new Hyundai Santro has been well-received among Indian customers so far and it gets a first-time official offer. The new Hyundai Santro was recently nominated for World Urban Car of the year along with Kia Soul and Suzuki Jimny in the 2019 World Car Awards and it became the first made-in-India car to take such an honour. As part of the celebration, Hyundai has announced an offer for the hatchback – a three-gram gold coin.

Source
pavi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2019, 16:08   #63
BHPian
 
tarik.arora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Noida
Posts: 351
Thanked: 693 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Santro : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
The new Hyundai Santro has been well-received among Indian customers so far and it gets a first-time official offer. The new Hyundai Santro was recently nominated for World Urban Car of the year along with Kia Soul and Suzuki Jimny in the 2019 World Car Awards and it became the first made-in-India car to take such an honour. As part of the celebration, Hyundai has announced an offer for the hatchback a three-gram gold coin.

Source
Slightly
I read it as "We are not able to sell as many units as we had planned for, so, here is an offer to create a pull". We may say a 1000 things around this, but fact of the matter is, Santro cannot be called a huge success.

It replaced EON, which was anyways doing 4-4.5k units a month. So, what has Hyundai achieved with this new product? A meagre 3-3.5k additional units a month. All thanks to the optimistic pricing!
tarik.arora is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2019, 20:22   #64
BHPian
 
pavi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Cochin
Posts: 580
Thanked: 1,043 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Santro : Official Review

New Hyundai Santro Sales Crossed 50,000 Mark In India, Price Likely To Go Up.

Source
pavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2019, 20:34   #65
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 79
Thanked: 46 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Santro : Official Review

I doubt they will increase the price. Despite the hype, santro brand and discontinuation of eon, its not selling well. To my surprise, I haven't seen a single santro in Bangalore.
Last month, I saw an advertisement by a dealer. 11k discount on santro. ( Insurance free for 2018 model) . Interestingly creta had zero discount and i20 5k corporate discount.
Anyways, does anybody know the current discount on santro sportz amt? ( 2019 model)
adithya.kp is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2019, 09:04   #66
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 32
Thanked: 29 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Santro : Official Review

I think Santro will soon to hike up the price, maybe within weeks, I guess. Since its introductory price was quite aggressive at 3.89 lakh at launch, they appeal a mass audience as also recruit enough followers. The price change, hence, is unavoidable, just concern the range of price hike is narrow or wide.
And also, the latest discount from Santro that I know is a 3g gold coin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adithya.kp View Post
I doubt they will increase the price. Despite the hype, santro brand and discontinuation of eon, its not selling well. To my surprise, I haven't seen a single santro in Bangalore.
Last month, I saw an advertisement by a dealer. 11k discount on santro. ( Insurance free for 2018 model) . Interestingly creta had zero discount and i20 5k corporate discount.
Anyways, does anybody know the current discount on santro sportz amt? ( 2019 model)

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 20th April 2019 at 08:14. Reason: Strictly no soliciting the other website (as per PM).
IndianAutoEnthu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2019, 14:44   #67
Distinguished - BHPian
 
volkman10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: --
Posts: 13,658
Thanked: 27,936 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Santro : Official Review

Hyundai evaluating a low-cost Santro

Quote:
Stripped-down version of Santro will fill the space left vacant by the Eon and directly rival the Maruti Suzuki Alto.

Link
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2019, 17:00   #68
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Cotton City
Posts: 40
Thanked: 131 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Santro : Official Review

Drove Santro Asta today as my friend is planning to buy budget hatchback. The car in general is decent compared to it's competitor in terms of quality. Feature deficient is visible. Ride quality is typical Hyundai and steering is super light at low speeds and weighs up sufficiently at high speeds. The car is spacious at front and the rear is spacious for 2 adults + 1 kids. A lot of tiny stuffs like no chrome detailing in gear, missing chrome logo strip in steering made this one feel cheap. Never though Hyundai would do such immature cost cutting.

After drove Tiago, driving Santro was soothing for our ears. Tiago 3-cylinder is the worst in terms of NVH.

Now coming to conclusion, friend decided to go ahead with Grand i10 Sportz after he know about Santro Asta pricing and with around 60k discount made the pricing of Grand i10 Sportz closer to Santro Asta. Why buy cheaper one when you can buy much better, plusher Grand i10!

Potential of good product spoiled by Hyundai's greedy pricing strategy. If there were some features added, it would have made sense as we can justify the premium for exclusivity, not with the current product.

Last edited by xcentrk : 23rd May 2019 at 17:02.
xcentrk is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2019, 00:49   #69
BHPian
 
misquitas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Panjim
Posts: 863
Thanked: 281 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Santro : Official Review

I have a query: We are inclined towards the Santro AMT for our family (my wife is uncomfortable with manual gears), but I have read alarming posts on this forum about the unreliability of AMTs after some 20,000-odd kms. This issue has been reported in Maruti and Tata AMTs, but there has been no feedback about the Santro AMT as yet, as it is still early days. Do you think this AMT issue plaguing other cars may have been resolved in the Santro or is it a safer option to go in for the manual variant, if we want to keep the car for 9-10 years?

Thanks and regards.
misquitas is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2019, 10:27   #70
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 38
Thanked: 141 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Santro : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
I have a query: We are inclined towards the Santro AMT for our family (my wife is uncomfortable with manual gears), but I have read alarming posts on this forum about the unreliability of AMTs after some 20,000-odd kms. This issue has been reported in Maruti and Tata AMTs, but there has been no feedback about the Santro AMT as yet, as it is still early days. Do you think this AMT issue plaguing other cars may have been resolved in the Santro or is it a safer option to go in for the manual variant, if we want to keep the car for 9-10 years?

Thanks and regards.
Id recommend going for the grand i10 automatic. It might be a little more expensive but you get a much better engine, transmission and an overall premium feeling vehicle. Since its slated to be changed, you might manage great discounts as well.
bled_soul is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2019, 14:48   #71
BHPian
 
misquitas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Panjim
Posts: 863
Thanked: 281 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Santro : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bled_soul View Post
Id recommend going for the grand i10 automatic. It might be a little more expensive but you get a much better engine, transmission and an overall premium feeling vehicle. Since its slated to be changed, you might manage great discounts as well.
Thanks for your reply. Many have suggested this option. Thing is, our budget is restricted to about Rs 6.5 lakh and the grand i10 auto would not fall in that bracket.
Second, the grand i10 auto does not have a good FE, which is an important consideration for us.
If the AMTs do have an inherent issue, we may consider the Santro Sportz manual or the new i10 Magna.
Regards
misquitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2019, 20:39   #72
BHPian
 
pavi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Cochin
Posts: 580
Thanked: 1,043 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Santro : Official Review

2019 Hyundai Santro Gets New Base Variant, Price Up By Rs. 26,000.

Source
pavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2019, 14:56   #73
BHPian
 
smrtdvl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 254
Thanked: 72 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Santro : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
Thanks for your reply. Many have suggested this option. Thing is, our budget is restricted to about Rs 6.5 lakh and the grand i10 auto would not fall in that bracket.
Second, the grand i10 auto does not have a good FE, which is an important consideration for us.
If the AMTs do have an inherent issue, we may consider the Santro Sportz manual or the new i10 Magna.
Regards
Wifey completed 1000 kms on our new Santro Sportz AMT. I was in a similar state as you on the budget part as everyone suggested i10. The MID constantly shows 11.5 Km/l in city traffic but on a not so long drive we got 14.5 Km/l. She just loves the car except for the steering that does not return to center after a turn. The AMTs is very smooth compared to my cousins celerio. Everyone who got into the car loved the interiors, space & rear ac.

I would suggest you to wait for a month or so and book the Santro Sportz with added features like Airbags & rear camera.
smrtdvl is online now   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2019, 20:14   #74
BHPian
 
misquitas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Panjim
Posts: 863
Thanked: 281 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Santro : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtdvl View Post
Wifey completed 1000 kms on our new Santro Sportz AMT. I was in a similar state as you on the budget part as everyone suggested i10. The MID constantly shows 11.5 Km/l in city traffic but on a not so long drive we got 14.5 Km/l. She just loves the car except for the steering that does not return to center after a turn. The AMTs is very smooth compared to my cousins celerio. Everyone who got into the car loved the interiors, space & rear ac.

I would suggest you to wait for a month or so and book the Santro Sportz with added features like Airbags & rear camera.
Many thanks for your advice. I can vouch for the fit and finish of the new Santro as my aunt purchased (at my recommendation) a Santro Sportz (manual) two weeks ago and I had had the opportunity of driving the car and taking my aunt and my family (wife and daugher) on a short trip to Belgaum and back yesterday. I am a sedate driver by nature and the Santro Sportz manual indicated 17.5-18 kmpl on the screen!

The sheer quality of Santro's interiors left my family amazed. A 1.2 Kappa engine would have made the Santro even more wonderful and there were a few occasions (especially at the Ghat area) when I felt the Santro could have performed better with the 1.2L engine. My 2010 i10 Magna 1.2 Kappa (1.4L kms and counting) clearly is a superior engine.

But it was no big deal and I can easily live with the Santro's 1.1L engine, should Hyundai choose not to provide the 1.2L engine on the Santro, to compete with the Wagon R's 1.2 variant. The Santro is nice to drive and all controls (stalks, switches, knobs, etc.) are excellent.

My wife and daughter have clearly preferred the Santro over the new Wagon R, for the sheer refinement and quality interiors of the Santro. They even preferred the Santro's ride and rear seat quality and comfort in comparison to my 2010 i10 Magna.

As mentioned earlier, the Santro AMT is considered to be superior to the Maruti AMT and we are closely monitoring the long term reliability of the Santro AMT. Your feedback after a few months would be crucial to us and we would appreciate your assessment of the AMT.

If for whatever reason, we decide to opt for the Santro Sportz (manual), the only option for us is to compare (on a budget of about 6.5 lakh) the Santro Sportz with the Ignis Delta, as there are some discounts on offer and it makes the Ignis Delta almost on par with the Santro.

Regards.

Last edited by misquitas : 4th June 2019 at 20:31. Reason: Added more details.
misquitas is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2019, 22:46   #75
BHPian
 
Djay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Pune
Posts: 69
Thanked: 112 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Santro : Official Review

Test drove the Santro AMT today. Though the engine is smooth and refined, I found a bit of lag with the AMT in first and second gear, probably due to lack of enough low-end torque. It's a bit lethargic for my tastes, but my wife who is a super sedate driver liked it. I tried the manual mode and found the engine much peppier. It holds onto the gear and I would definitely prefer that mode. The fit and finish quality is top notch and it feels premium. Steering is super light and pretty lifeless. But quite effortless for city drives.

The revised prices are out. Attaching the latest price list in Pune. Unfortunately it gets more expensive. But the passenger airbag and reverse camera in the Sportz AMT is a real boon. I don't even see the prices updated on the Hyundai website yet.

Planning to go ahead with the Sportz AMT. There is an ongoing cash discount of ₹11k, corporate discount of 4k and exchange bonus of 20k. Would appreciate any feedback on additional discounts available currently as well as any issues in Hyundai's AMT.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Santro : Official Review-img_20190608_221732450.jpg  

Djay is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hyundai Sonata : Official Review Samurai Official New Car Reviews 142 19th August 2016 12:52
Santro Eco or Santro GL (Any Review/Comments Eco) ForeRunner Hatchbacks 4 11th December 2008 18:56


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:20.

Copyright 2000 - 2019, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks