Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 9th August 2019, 10:56   #91
BHPian

Default Re: Hyundai Santro : Official Review

These breakdown's are un nerving especially when I have booked an AMT Sportz version for my wife. I pushed her to go for Hyundai instead of the Swift which she liked!!!! Hope it's not a matter for divorce
Palio_2005 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2019, 19:39   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
Yesterday night, my friend's 9 month old Santro AMT broke down in Bangalore. He mentioned that he had just cleared a hump at low speed and lost all drive - The car was not moving to the front or rear. Being Bangalore, he had to wait for almost 3 hours in the rain till the tow truck arrived. He is still waiting for the issue to be diagnosed by the service center.
Can you please check with your friend on how many kilometres he has covered in 9 months. Being Bangalore I assume it was crazy traffic all through.

This is the second Santro breakdown incident reported on the forum and is terrible news. I hoped Hyundai would have tested their AMTs thoroughly. Especially considering they are planning AMT transmission in the Grand i10 Nios.

Last edited by Djay : 11th August 2019 at 19:40. Reason: Adding details
Djay is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2019, 19:26   #93
BHPian

Hi guys. Any update on the AMT problems of Santro?
Old 16th August 2019, 20:39   #94
BHPian

I had cancelled order with Kothari Hyundai, Pune as they were acting pricey and booked through Mira Hyundai Warje. Was promised a car in 2 weeks and now they have no clue when the car will be dispatched. My dealer has delayed the delivery saying there are no Silver Santro AMT in stock in Hyundai plant???