Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2019, 14:39   #121
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Santro : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by boniver View Post
Reflectors should do their work irrespective of the distance/angle they're viewed from. That's their only job.
Agree totally with your view point from a safety requirement perspective.

However, I feel it can't be so black-and-white. That's as good as saying a mirror should show my face even if I'm standing behind it - just because its a mirror! The only reflectors that work from any angles are the 3M tapes running full width of the car with holographic reflector patterns. And that's why they are mandated by the RTOs on cabs (since cabs are often not maintained well and may run with blown tail lamps). Do we want to apply those on personal cars also? I think the car makers also have to keep in mind the aesthetics of car design.

I'm sure almost all cars have reflectors that don't shine in one angle or the other. Depends on angle of incidence.

Last edited by Reinhard : 18th October 2019 at 14:46.
Old 19th October 2019, 10:37   #122
Senior - BHPian

Well my last few posts have only been about the Santro and I am probably obsessed about the car. I guess this is what buying a car does to me/us?

The Santro has a new colour. They have done away with the previous grey and now they have this new shade called Titan Grey.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Santro : Official Review-0b758a08889a45cfb2aa969b02370436.jpg  

Pancham is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2019, 19:15   #123

After a lot of research, I finally got the new Santro Sportz AMT as my first car. Thanks a lot to all of you.
The teal blue color of Grand i10 NIOS is now available in Santro as well for a limited time. It's called the anniversary edition (The one which I took). I am attaching a few pics of the same.

Hyundai Santro : Official Review-santro.jpg

Hyundai Santro : Official Review-santro2.jpg

Hyundai Santro : Official Review-img_20191018_133733-1.jpg

Parking sensors are standard now. If a dealer says no parking sensors are available that means he is trying to sell you an old model. Ask for a huge discount if you are not getting these features.
roshanpal is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th October 2019, 20:58   #124
BANNED

Hyundai introduces Santro Anniversary Edition based on Sportz trim.

Hyundai Santro : Official Review-img_20191019_205154.jpg

Quote:
It has been year since Hyundai launched the new Santro budget hatchback in our market. The hatchback has since gone on to perform well in the market, keeping in mind the slowdown in the automotive sector. Hyundai has decided to celebrate this with the introduction of an Anniversary Edition for the Santro. The special edition model is based on the Sportz trim level – it’s available with manual and AMT gearbox options – and features a variety of cosmetic changes, though it remains unchanged mechanically.

Some of the changes that can be seen on the Anniversary Edition include gloss black accents on the roof rails, ORVMs and door handles, while the wheel covers are finished in dark grey. The hatchback also gets cladding on the doors, a chrome strip on the base of the boot and anniversary Edition badging. The special edition is being offered in Polar White and Aqua Teal exterior colours – the latter was previously only offered with the Grand i10 Nios.
Hyundai has priced the Santro Anniversary Edition at Rs 5.17 lakh for the manual and Rs 5.75 lakh for the AMT version, making the special edition Rs 10,000 more expensive than the standard Sportz counterparts.

Source: ACI
Old 20th October 2019, 14:38   #125
Senior - BHPian

So my uncle booked the new Santro in Nios' Titan Grey as he had originally booked the Beige model Sportz Amt which he found to look bland in person as opposed to how it appeared in their brochure.

Then I suggested him to pick a dark colour as his 4 year old 8.2k run(yes 4 years and low miles due to fear of Blore city traffic) Eon was white and he was sick of keeping it white every weekend. Plus dark colour would blend in with that black plastic eyesore in the rear bumper was the reasoning.

So he ended up booking a Sportz Amt in Stardust Grey which was when I realised for a few grand more the Ignis AMT in Delta trim is available after discounts. Then I setup the Ignis Amt test drive from a local Nexa and uncle loved the extra power, larger wheels, extra space and comparatively sturdy build and micro suv-ish stance.

He was seriously considering switching from Hyundai to Suzuki after that but the deal fell through as the Nexa dealership refused to give him nowhere close to the value for his low mile Eon as Hyundai was offering. The exchange bonus on offer between Hyundai and Suzuki was 30k and 20k respectively which he could have forgiven but the Nexa guys offering significantly lower price for the old car with accessories killed the deal and uncle ended up buying the Santro Sportz Amt in Titan Grey after an email to the Hyundai team officiating the change of colour.
The car is due for delivery next Friday and unlike the snobby Nexa experience the Hyundai guys ended up offering a bit more discount and agreed to throw in seat covers and other accessories no charge.

Its not difficult to see why Hyundai retains their customers. The Nexa dealership really seems to believe in their own "premium" hype too much was my personal takeaway from the whole saga which took a full week of my vacation in Bangalore.
Nithesh_M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2019, 10:45   #126
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone know if the Nios alloy is a direct fit for the Santro?
The showroom folks said the Nios alloy is wider but I noticed both the cars run the same 165/70 R14 Hankook tyres.
Asking because the Titan Grey Santro would look just as good as the Titan Grey Nios with those oem alloys.
Old 25th October 2019, 11:12   #127
BHPian

Need some help. Looking for a second car mainly for the wife. Confused between the Santro Magna and the new Kwid RXL. Feature wise both are more or less the same. More inclined on the Santro being a long term Hyundai customer.

Car will be used strictly for in city drives.

Does it make sense to go for the Santro as there is considerable price difference between the two.
Old 25th October 2019, 11:45   #128

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya.86 View Post
Need some help. Looking for a second car mainly for the wife. Confused between the Santro Magna and the new Kwid RXL. Feature wise both are more or less the same. More inclined on the Santro being a long term Hyundai customer.

Does it make sense to go for the Santro as there is considerable price difference between the two.
In my opinion, it kind of depends on whether you plan to take a manual or an AMT. If it is a manual then both are really good options with Santro having better build quality and refinement.
If you are planning to get an AMT then Kwid is pure garbage. Kwid's AMT is not even close to the Hyundai one and also it doesn't come with the manual shift option which very important in the inclines.
roshanpal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2019, 15:05   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshanpal View Post
In my opinion, it kind of depends on whether you plan to take a manual or an AMT. If it is a manual then both are really good options with Santro having better build quality and refinement.
If you are planning to get an AMT then Kwid is pure garbage. Kwid's AMT is not even close to the Hyundai one and also it doesn't come with the manual shift option which very important in the inclines.
It will be a manual. Only reason I am looking at the Santro is I have had the Xing before and it served well for over a lac kms and also I am already using an i20.

Little skeptical about Renault though it looks good for a small and compact city hatch.
Old 25th October 2019, 15:12   #130
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Need some help. Looking for a second car mainly for the wife. Confused between the Santro Magna and the new Kwid RXL. Feature wise both are more or less the same.
You are leaving one HUGE aspect out in your points. The Engine. Santro drives with an excellent 4 cylinder mill with refinement & torque that the Kwid can't even dream of. I have seen countless Kwids that sound like a tractor after 1 year of usage. If you can afford to - please get the Santro. Kwid only if budget is your primary decision factor.
Old 25th October 2019, 15:17   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
You are leaving one HUGE aspect out in your points. The Engine. Santro drives with an excellent 4 cylinder mill with refinement & torque that the Kwid can't even dream of. I have seen countless Kwids that sound like a tractor after 1 year of usage. If you can afford to - please get the Santro. Kwid only if budget is your primary decision factor.
Thanks Reinhard.

I am aware that the Santro will offer better refinement levels but I guess I din't even think of it as I will be hardly using it.

Looks like I will just take a TD and will move ahead with the Santro.

Your post has almost put an end to the discussion. Thanks once again.
aditya.86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2019, 16:01   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Need some help. Looking for a second car mainly for the wife.

Santro is better option indeed,
Just curious, why haven't you considered S-presso as 3rd option?
It's from the reliable MS stable, newly launched car with a specious interior (comparable to previous gen Wagon R), good initial reviews and it falls in the same price range you're looking for.
Old 25th October 2019, 16:37   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjnnbagal View Post
Santro is better option indeed,
Just curious, why haven't you considered S-presso as 3rd option?
It's from the reliable MS stable, newly launched car with a specious interior (comparable to previous gen Wagon R), good initial reviews and it falls in the same price range you're looking for.
Home minister rejected it immediately, so no further questions asked.

Plus personally never liked any MS vehicle.
aditya.86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2019, 19:09   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Home minister rejected it immediately, so no further questions asked.

Plus personally never liked any MS vehicle.
I am neither in favor or hyundai nor maruti. I recommend Tiago. I have driven 2 hyundais and 2 matuties till date. But as soon as I drove Tiago I bought one. Please give a try before making any choice.
rajivtelang is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2019, 14:00   #135
BHPian

Hi!
You have not mentioned budget and transmission (Auto or Manual) requirement. Anyways, Kwid is not competent vehicle and has poor resale value, poor quality of service of the car and poor after sales support.

If budget is not a constraint, you can go for Ignis. It's a sturdy vehicle with a good engine.

The new Hyundai Santro is basically a flop model. Do not go for it. Instead you can opt for Celerio - comes in budget, it's good looking both in white and silver colours with wheel caps. Both Celerio and Ignis are available in manual and auto.

Quote:
MOD NOTE: Dear BHPian,

There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use a spell-checker.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Aditya : 1st December 2019 at 18:36. Reason: Shortening and adding a line. Grammar, punctuation
Lightning2 is offline   Received Infraction

Most Viewed