Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2022, 16:42   #241
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Santro : Official Review

As per the latest information from Hyundai India (From Hyundai India Website)

Santro is still listing in the product lineup and it is available only 2 variants in petrol and 1 variant in CNG (looks like stock clearance or actual product lineup)
  • Magna (1.1L MT)
  • Sportz (1.1L MT)
  • Sportz Executive (CNG)
AMT is officialy discontinued. Looks like brochure is one page and very simple.

Santro Brochure :

Hyundai Santro : Official Review-santro.png

One page Brochure:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SANTRO_Hatchback_brochure.pdf (137.6 KB, 238 views)
Old 2nd June 2022, 17:44   #242
BHPian

Sold our 2009 Santro with 145000 ODO - absolute gem of a car. Toyota talks about reliability - you hanvt owned a Santro yet - believe me, not a single fuss in car especially with engine / transmission. No dips pips, no cranky parts, no nothing. Only replacement was front shockers at 120000 & seat covers.

Bought Santro in May 2022 again. Magna Petrol MT.

Filled today her with XP95 & got FE of 23 KMPL with AC turned on (increase of 3 KMPL from normal fuel) with barely 1250 KMs on ODO, on a highway for 40 KMS. It's really amazing for me to bear how a brand new car can perform this well.

I am missing something in FE?

Ride with XP 95 was definitely improved with much smoother acceleration.
Old 8th July 2022, 19:34   #243
BHPian

So much for customer service & Hyundai going hand in hand. Hyundai has issued an official statement that any kind of photos or videos inside the premises of its service center isn't allowed.
I was forced to take off my dashcam today stating this rule. The GM Mr.Suresh Kumar of Chandra Hyundai went to the extent of either remove the dashcam or you can leave our premises as it is private property and am not authorised to use a dashcam there. Finally after 1.5hrs of argument had to give in to their demand as our santro had to be serviced.

Seeing so many horror stories happening in service centers I thought car manufacturers will encourage the use of extra eyes but here it is vice-versa so that the customer does not have proof against Hyundai in case of a mishap to the car.

Our other cars Vista & XUV5OO never faced this kind of treatment in their 11 & 7yrs of ownership & service.
smrtdvl is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2022, 05:22   #244
BANNED

Currently using S-Presso VXI+
A CNG car was always at the back of mind. Learnt driving on an old Santro from driving school.

Exactly 2 days back, read that Santro sold only 7 cars in June 2022. Then decided to take a plunge to buy Santro CNG before it is history. On 12 July 2022, made fanatic calls to Hyundai show rooms to enquire about availability of CNG inventry.

Dee Em Hyundai Gurgaon: Biege Magna CNG available . Just gave a scribbled on road price.

Ramaa Hyundai: No stock

Koncept Hyundai: Shall revert back. No call.

Deep Hyundai (one of oldest) : White and Grey Sportz CNG. Gave detail deal. Gave 5500 discount on insurance and free basic kit. Quoted 7.28 Lakh.

On 13 July 2022 visited Deep Hyundai Mangolpuri. Sat with them. Final deal at 7.2 lakh. Booked Titan Grey Sportz CNG. Was saying manufactured month could be March. The SM was confident that only he has santro inventry. Paid booking amount.
Old 21st July 2022, 07:49   #245
BANNED

April 2022 manufactured, took delivery on 20 July 2022 from Deep Hyundai, Delhi.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Santro : Official Review-img_20220721_073734.jpg  

Hyundai Santro : Official Review-img_20220721_073806.jpg  

Hyundai Santro : Official Review-img_20220721_074144.jpg  

Travel Bright is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2022, 20:07   #246
BHPian

Its a Santro Xing erlx Nov 2005 make. I found this today. It looks like some kind of oxidation, not rust. Is it something of concern?
Sorry for dirty engine bay
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Santro : Official Review-1.jpg  

Hyundai Santro : Official Review-2.jpg  

Hyundai Santro : Official Review-3.jpg  

Hyundai Santro : Official Review-4.jpg  

Old 1st December 2022, 11:22   #247
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I have a 2019 MT Santro run 11,300kms. So I am facing a weird issue during cold starts. The moment I accelerate on 2nd or 3rd gear there is a loud bang/boom coming from the underneath the car. It sounds like some kind of engine misfire. Sometimes it’s a series of 2-3 booms.

Any clue what is happening ?
Old 8th December 2022, 15:28   #248
BHPian

Hyundai Santro removed from website

Hyundai India has removed the Santro from its official website.The Hyundai Santro is no longer listed on the company's official website indicating that the car's production has been stopped long back and it is no longer available. With this move, Hyundai now has three hatchbacks on sale in India - Grand i10 Nios,i20 and i20 N-Line.

Hyundai India Cars Line up:
Hyundai Santro : Official Review-car-line-up.png

Hatch back:
Hyundai Santro : Official Review-hatch-back.png
Old 17th August 2023, 10:30   #249
Senior - BHPian

Anyone knows the wiper size of the new Santro? Is it 16 and 20 inches?
Old 25th August 2023, 05:15   #250
BANNED

My Santro Sportz Executive CNG has completed 1 year. The mileage is around 15000 km. No issues with the car and Santro is one of those good cars which the market could not accept. Towards the end of its life, it was a much better value for money product than wagon r and celerio. Santro is quite stable on highways even at triple digits.
Travel Bright is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2023, 02:08   #251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Guys, I have a 2019 MT Santro run 11,300kms. So I am facing a weird issue during cold starts. The moment I accelerate on 2nd or 3rd gear there is a loud bang/boom coming from the underneath the car. It sounds like some kind of engine misfire. Sometimes it’s a series of 2-3 booms.

Any clue what is happening ?

Same thing happens with me too it's 2020 Jan Santro. More in cold weather. Feels like a bit of afterburns when fuel doesn't get burned nicely in cylinder.

Most likely happening after exhaust stroke when unburnt fuel mixes up & ignites with hot gases of other cylinders in exhaust collecting assembly.
SilverSmoke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2024, 17:21   #252
BHPian

Hi all,
Need some suggestions related to Santro tyre.
Have posted similar query is alloys and tyres section too, since I didn't get any inputs, I am cross posting the query here.

Recently, I have bought a pre-owned Santro AMT 2019 for my wife, to replace her Santro Xing.
This car needs change of tyres soon.

The OEM size is 165/70 R14. But I am planning to switch to one size up on existing rims.
1) So what's the best upsize for this ? I am considering 175/65 R14. Or should I go with 175/70 R14?

2) What is the width of of OEM rims ? 4.5j or 5j?
(Couldn't get this detail even from manual)

3) Does the upsize touch the inner fenders or cause any problem during full load?

Kindly suggest and help me in deciding.
Thanks in advance,
Chandan.

Last edited by DLC5005 : 14th January 2024 at 17:23. Reason: Typo
Old 14th January 2024, 18:04   #253
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLC5005 View Post

The OEM size is 165/70 R14. But I am planning to switch to one size up on existing rims.
1) So what's the best upsize for this ? I am considering 175/65 R14. Or should I go with 175/70 R14?

2) What is the width of of OEM rims ? 4.5j or 5j?
(Couldn't get this detail even from manual)

3) Does the upsize touch the inner fenders or cause any problem during full load?
Not a Santro owner, but generally a one size up should be plug and play with almost all cars, with enough allowances on the above fronts - fouling on turns and full load; and stock rim width.

Between size - 175/65 is the right upgrade with minimum compromises in terms of speedo error, etc. however ground clearance and ride would be better on 175/70 at the cost of speedo error & handling.
Old 14th January 2024, 18:47   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Not a Santro owner, but generally a one size up should be plug and play with almost all cars, with enough allowances on the above fronts - fouling on turns and full load; and stock rim width.
Hi,
Thanks for the quick inputs. Much helpful.
Yes, as you said one size up might not create much problem. But the confusion started since, the 2 base variants of Santros came with 155/80 R13 wheels.
While sportz/asta variants came with already upsized wheels spec (165/70- R14) compared to base models.
Hence was confused and was trying to understand if the upsize limit is already met or can we still go one size up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Between size - 175/65 is the right upgrade with minimum compromises in terms of speedo error, etc. however ground clearance and ride would be better on 175/70 at the cost of speedo error & handling.
The main intension for upsizing are better road grip, braking and looks. I too was planning for 175/65 s, but the ground clearance will reduce slightly(2-3mm). Also felt comfort, availability n pricing of 175/70s are better, since it's a faster moving size. Can compromise on speedo error, but don't want to risk with handling or wheel rubbing.So not able to decide.

Thanks for your helpful inputs.

Regards,
Chandan

Last edited by DLC5005 : 14th January 2024 at 18:49. Reason: Typo

Most Viewed