Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2019, 21:43   #136
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Ideal upgrade options:
195 60 and 205 60. I have used 205 60 for over 90000 Km without a single issue. Now since last 60000 Km I am on 195 65 instead of 195 60 and again haven't faced a single issue. With 195 60 I didn't want to lose on GC. With 195 65 I gained some over stock GC.
Thanks 195/65R15 seems like a good option and is available in Michelin Primacy 4ST Series. The circumference deviation seems to be +2.0% which is as per the limit. Gives a GC uplift of 13 mm which seems kind of high in theory but will go with your recommendation/experience and is a better option than losing 7 mm of GC by going for 195/60R15.

Name:  Tire_Sizer.png
Views: 8740
Size:  171.7 KB
Tire Comparison for Ertiga: 185/65R15 (Stock) vs 195/65R15

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 30th March 2019 at 21:47.
vsrivatsa is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st April 2019, 13:42   #137
Senior - BHPian

I took the car to Khopoli from Pune this weekend, her first long drive !
The car was full with six people on board, two on each row.
(For reference : Petrol Zxi+)

I focused mainly on the Hybrid system this time and here is what I can say.

The SHVS system WORKS ! It is definitely not a marketing gimmick. But there is one big drawback, it works only for a few seconds.

The battery is charged when you are coasting the car or braking it. Once it is charged, the SHVS will supply additional torque to the car when needed. This is clearly evident when you are driving with full load. So, if you want to overtake a vehicle, or climb up a bridge, you shift down and press the accelerator pedal, there are two cases:

1. If the battery is charged, it will provide torque along with the engine's, you will feel that the engine is less strained and car will climb effortlessly. In this case though, the battery drains pretty fast and from four bars it will go to two bars within a few seconds, just about enough to complete your move or take the engine in its highest torque band. (This feeling is similar to those days when you are pedaling your bicycle uphill with your friend sitting on the carrier, and then he pushes the cycle with his legs, getting that momentary relief)

2. If the battery is not charged (say at two bars) the SHVS will not activate, its the engine which has full responsibility, you will feel the revs are little harsh and the engine note becomes gruff, which is how all cars will behave. Do note that the car will still not feel out of breath, it does a decent job but with a little grumble.

When you are done overtaking or throttling the car, and leave the accelerator, the battery starts charging immediately, the charging rate is pretty fast, so if you are coasting the car down a flyover, it will add one bar of charge. So it will be fully charged (from 50%) in say, 2 or 3 kms of coasting.

The SHVS won't work if the battery is anywhere between 1 and 2 bars, it wont show any message that its working or not, the only way is to look at the MID display where it shows power transfer graphically. So, if you are climbing a ghat (the Khandala section of Pune-Mumbai expressway) the SHVS will work probably for the first time, it wont further as there wont be any charge left. Same is the case with city driving, it just wont get enough time to charge.

What I saw is that the battery does not charge just by keeping the car idling. It probably uses some other tech (Brake energy regeneration ?) to recharge the battery. And the reason why it never shows fully charged is because it never gets an opportunity to keep the charge, there is always a point when the SHVS is active. I saw the battery reach fully charged level only on highway. On sections filled with flyovers and trucks, the SHVS gets enough time to charge and discharge and it works pretty well in such scenarios.

The automatic start stop system works well in city, but if you are in a stop and go situation (I was stuck in the ghat section with steep incline) you don't want the car engine to stop running and that is a bit irritating. So I had to switch it off. When the battery charge was just one bar, it gave me message that automatic start/stop disabled, but as soon as it got charged, it got activated. So I am getting used to the 'unpredictability' of this system. Do note that its pretty seamless and occupants wont feel a thing. I also felt the AC was fully functioning but not completely sure. I am only concerned with long term effects of that on electricals and battery in general.

Other points :

1. The car can pull with all seats occupied, there is enough torque available, I could easily manage 90 kmph on expressway without any issues. The SHVS system helps in full load conditions as mentioned above.

2. Third row seats were comfortable for elders (they are both about 5 feet 6 in). Did not feel cramped or tired. Asked them if we can do a Pune-Goa non stop, the reply was positive. Only problem is ingress-egress. Luckily my parents are fit enough.

3. Ride is a bit bouncy on rough surfaces, better to reduce speed. Can't say anything different than already written in the official review. Its an MPV which rides tall, so we have to keep that in mind.

4. Body roll is minimal upto 80 kmph, she rides almost like a car. There is no Xylo/Sumo like movement. This is perhaps the best thing that I liked about the car.

5. With full load, I felt the steering weighing in properly at high speeds. It required a little force to turn.

6. AC takes some more time to cool, especially when parked under sunlight (It was the hottest day in 53 years recorded in Pune. The MID showed 38 Degrees in the afternoon)
But once it cools, the automatic control does a decent job of maintaining temperature.

7. No goggle holder on the top variant is a big bummer. Storage places on the dashboard are limited too. Especially if both driver and co-driver want to keep their wallets and cell phones out of their pockets, and the phone is connected to usb.

8. Cooled bottle holders are a boon !

9. Android auto is great ! But I had to switch to blue-tooth as it shows whatsapp notifications from your close friends which you don't want your dad to see when he is sitting next to you

10. Headlamps are average, definitely need an upgrade in terms of brightness levels.

I couldn't get more time out of the car for pictures, holding a small kid when I was not driving and the sweltering heat made it even more difficult to get out.

Some bhpians had asked for a photograph of seat covers, here you go !

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-img2.jpg

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-img3.jpg
NiInJa is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st April 2019, 19:11   #138
BHPian

Nilnja

You just beat me to it . My Ertiga zxi+ arrived at the yard and I went to have a look. There I saw a similar one waiting for delivery. I have decided to go with the same seat covers as yours. It's very classy and looks almost stock. I have also added some accessories like interior styling kit , window chrome and spoiler. Some pics of the Magma Grey which I have booked and plan to take delivery this week. I am getting a sweet deal on the body kit and possibly planning to get it done .
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-img_20190401_170423.jpg  

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-img_20190401_170344.jpg  

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-img_20190401_170729.jpg  

Last edited by keshav1426 : 1st April 2019 at 19:14.
keshav1426 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st April 2019, 23:46   #139
Senior - BHPian

@keshav1426

Congratulations on your Ertiga's arrival ! Yes please get as much goodies as you can. The chrome looks good on darker shades and yours will be a looker

Do upload photos of the car with body kit if possible and let us know if that affects ground clearance or anything, I will have a look and decide. I will most probably get the spoiler added on 1st service, didn't do it at the time of delivery as they had to paint it and the car was to be brought home at an auspicious time.
NiInJa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2019, 07:56   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiInJa View Post
@keshav1426

Congratulations on your Ertiga's arrival ! Yes please get as much goodies as you can. I will most probably get the spoiler added on 1st service, didn't do it at the time of delivery as they had to paint it and the car was to be brought home at an auspicious time.
Sure, I have ordered for the spoiler but it seems to be a popular accessory. Dealer has backlogs from Jan deliveries. So I am taking the car this week and will go back to get it fixed once it arrives . Other than that list of accessories that I chose are below

1. Body kit - 29k ( factory painted and not dealer )
2. Body chrome - 4k
3. Seat covers premium - 13k
4. Interior styling kit - 7.5k
5. Licence plate plastic - 500 Rs.
6. PVC floor matting - 4k
7. Fabric mats
8. Spoiler - 6.5k

All inclusive of GST and labour A little pricey but one time investment .

Pics of Magma Grey with body kit and chrome attached .

Adding another pic as I couldn't do with the earlier post . The body kit is attached to the running board and bumpers. It makes the vehicle look broader and takes the attention from the relatively small 15" wheels. Now it looks more proportioned and the ground clearance has not been altered. Worst case I suspect 5mm or so . The kit also comes with plastic scuff plates for the front and back.

@Nilnja

Sorry to photo bomb. My sales rep sent me some pics of a white Ertiga with body kit which was delivered recently. This will give an idea to prospective owners if they are interested
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-img_20190401_170257.jpg  

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-img_20190401_170219__01__01.jpg  

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-img20190323wa0009.jpg  

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-img_20190401_170239.jpg  

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-img20190323wa0012.jpg  

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-img20190323wa0011.jpg  

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-img20190323wa0010__01.jpg  

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-img20190323wa0013__01.jpg  

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-img20190323wa0008__01.jpg  

Last edited by navin : 2nd April 2019 at 11:43.
keshav1426 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2019, 10:45   #141
BHPian

I find it irritating in my ZXI AT that it auto switches off engine even if I stop for 2 seconds. Any option to increase the period before the engine off feature kicks in?
Old 2nd April 2019, 12:22   #142
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_heart View Post
I find it irritating in my ZXI AT that it auto switches off engine even if I stop for 2 seconds. Any option to increase the period before the engine off feature kicks in?
You can turn off this feature by using the switch next to the headlamp leveler switch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Switches for the idling start/stop disable and headlight leveller are located below the engine start button:
Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-2018marutiertiga25.jpg
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2019, 16:15   #143
BHPian

Quote:
You can turn off this feature by using the switch next to the headlamp leveler switch.
Thanks Parag. Auto switch off is a very useful feature but ideally, I want to increase the duration after which the engine switches off.
rich_heart is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2019, 16:32   #144
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_heart View Post
Thanks Parag. Auto switch off is a very useful feature but ideally, I want to increase the duration after which the engine switches off.
Unfortunately, I don't see this as an option that you can work it out. I haven't explored such an option and this is how the SHVS system is designed to behave unless there is really something that can be done through the ECM to increase this interval.

I have driven both the Ertiga (prev gen) and Ciaz SHVS equipped cars and I agree that the Auto Start-Stop feature is darn irritating, especially in B2B traffic.

But from most of the owners on and off the forum, what I too have done to overcome this to just turn that feature off when driving in thick traffic and instead make use of it when driving on roads seamlessly.

Last edited by paragsachania : 2nd April 2019 at 16:34.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th April 2019, 15:31   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Unfortunately, I don't see this as an option that you can work it out. I haven't explored such an option and this is how the SHVS system is designed to behave unless there is really something that can be done through the ECM to increase this interval.

Does it not reduce fuel efficiency if the engine is shut off and on within a very short interval? If so, I would have expected Maruti to put in place a minimum time interval before the auto shut-off feature kicks in.
Old 4th April 2019, 22:43   #146
BHPian

My vehicle has finally been received . After a long 3 months wait, the vehicle was registered and passed on today. Added some accessories including the body kit , chrome body inserts .Spoiler is out of stock and will be fixed once it reaches the dealership. Some pics of my zxi+ Magma Grey.Thank you everyone for putting up with the everlasting questions and what not
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-img_20190404_164102.jpg  

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-img_20190404_163858__01__01.jpg  

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-img_20190404_163906__01.jpg  

keshav1426 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 4th April 2019, 22:52   #147
BHPian

Congratulations Keshav. Enjoy your new ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshav1426 View Post
My vehicle has finally been received . After a long 3 months wait, the vehicle was registered and passed on today. Added some accessories including the body kit , chrome body inserts .Spoiler is out of stock and will be fixed once it reaches the dealership. Some pics of my zxi+ Magma Grey.Thank you everyone for putting up with the everlasting questions and what not
sidcruise79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2019, 15:25   #148
BANNED

Recently, Maruti Ertiga 1.5 litre diesel has been spotted undergoing the road test. This new engine will be available in an all-aluminium construction. Thanks to the Dual-Mass Flywheel DMF as well as an even higher compression ratio, the car would be lighter and more refined. The fuel-efficiency is claimed to be at 26.82kmpl, which is a tad lower than the earlier engine which stands at 28.09kmpl.

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-marutiertiga15litredieselspyimagerearthreb2bf.jpg

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 20th April 2019 at 08:14. Reason: Strictly no soliciting the other website (as per PM).
Old 9th April 2019, 22:29   #149
Senior - BHPian

Saw the first New Gen Ertiga taxi yesterday, on my way to Delhi in Maroon color and with a UP16 registration number.
Old 12th April 2019, 18:06   #150
Senior - BHPian

Thanks to Dr.Raviraj for sending these images in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Quote:
I am a regular visitor to your portal. Team-BHP has helped me gain knowledge on cars. I brought the new Ertiga VDI in Dec. 2018.

As mentioned in your forum, the sound quality is horrible for a car which costs more than 10 lakhs. I replaced the factory fitted front 2 speakers with JBL Harman A302 HI.

Kindly find the pics of factory fitted speakers. I felt very bad looking at those speakers while replacing. Our Murphy radio speakers are FAAAR better than these speakers.

I am will also be replacing the back seat speakers.
Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-img20190122194011.jpg

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-img20190122193821.jpg

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-img20190122193819.jpg

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-img20190122193805.jpg

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-img20190122193800.jpg

Last edited by blackwasp : 12th April 2019 at 18:09.
blackwasp is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks