Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2019, 13:43   #181
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhinav_2502 View Post
Nope, referring to the SmartPlay system in the pre facelift unit which is the one in the likes of Ertiga, Ciaz, S-cross etc. The newer Baleno and Wagon-R have the SmartPlay Studio unit if I'm right.
Tried the play store and all they have is the Android studio version. This is only suitable for the Touchscreen present on the new WagonR and New Baleno. looks like there is nothing reliable for Ertiga. It isn't a deal breaker. Silver lining being that only the driver can use the controls
keshav1426 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2019, 13:59   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshav1426 View Post
Tried the play store and all they have is the Android studio version. This is only suitable for the Touchscreen present on the new WagonR and New Baleno. looks like there is nothing reliable for Ertiga. It isn't a deal breaker. Silver lining being that only the driver can use the controls
I actually have the app downloaded on my phone but as you have said it isn't coming up on play store. Will check if the app is still working and update.
Old 19th May 2019, 16:42   #183
BHPian

I had the great opportunity to test drive the Ciaz and the Ertiga with the new 1.5 litre diesel engine developing 94 BHP and 225 NM of torque. Following are my observations
1. Though the gear box for both are the new six geared ones and work very well, on both of them I found that they felt notchy and not butter smooth as I have experienced on other Maruti gear boxes like the one on a Ignis that I drove extensively. It's NOT a deal breaker though. It's just a relative assessment
2. The engine feels brilliant and revvs very well. Is a very positive feeling compared to the earlier Fiat sourced 200 DDIS engine
3. Though the Ertiga (1800 Kgs GVW) is heavier than the Ciaz (1590 Kgs GVW) by a good 210 kgs at the gross level, the feeling in terms of performance isn't seriously blunted
4. Having an earlier generation Ertiga, the drive quality of the new Ertiga is leagues ahead. The new shock absorbers are simply too good. This feeling of wowness had to be shared

Last edited by niranjanprabhu : 19th May 2019 at 16:43.
niranjanprabhu is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th May 2019, 15:49   #184
BHPian

5000 kms up for me.

1. So far so good. Have driven through all sorts of terrain and traffic.
2.Mileage - on an average one can expect around
- 12 in typical city conditions. Single digits in bengaluru
- 14 - 15 in typical highway conditions
- 17.5 if you drive with a light foot and maintain speed in the 70 to 90 range. Achieved this yesterday between kelewade BPCL CoCo and Khalapur toll. Post that it dipped to 16 by the time i reached mumbai outskirts - Airoli and further dipped to 15.5 by the time i got home.

3. Multiple scratches on the back bumper, courtesy of a autowallah who clipped me when i was stationary. Happened in bengaluru, was on small road waiting for the other vehicle to give way. The paint is pretty thin, it appears
4. The windscreen defrost is a bit ineffective - had plenty of trouble in bengaluru afternoon/evening rains.

Last edited by cyberwhizs : 20th May 2019 at 15:58.
cyberwhizs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2019, 08:40   #185
BHPian

Folks, I'm at the verge of booking a 7 seater automatic and torn between the Ertiga and the BRV. I have done my research and both of them come up with a fair share of positives and negatives.

I have driven both and the BRV is in a different league. But I also feel that this alone does not justify the 3 lacs premium it demands. Also, the Ertiga is newer and being a Maruti, it will command a good value in the market even after 4 or 5 years. The BRV, on the other hand, has been doing very poor numbers and can be discontinued by Honda which means I could be buying a product almost at the end of its life. The Ertiga seems practical, but it does fall short on many details like build quality, safety, the overall feel of being a 10 lakh Rupee car. Totally confused!!!

I also didn't know which thread to post this on... Ertiga or BRV!

Please help!
Old 29th May 2019, 12:32   #186
BHPian

Being an AT Ertiga owner myself, my take on this rests on, whether you wish to keep the car for more than 5 years.
If yes, then there is no point of thinking about resale value of either vehicle. The difference might be meager. And hence, the premium for BRV is justified.
If you plan to sell in a short period, then Ertiga would be better. No point in investing additional money for a short duration.

There are also consideration, of how long Honda will provide support and service after the product is discontinued, to be factored in.

Safety wise, most features are available in Ertiga I believe. I am not sure about the latest specs of BRV.
Build quality difference is obvious.
Looks, "feel", colour options, family involvement etc., are personal parameters which I can't comment
A gentleman (sorry, forgot his name) here in this forum had a wise Hindi saying when I was trying to decide which variant to go for " mehenga roey ek baar, sasta roey baar baar".

This should sum it up, I hope.
All the best!!
rich_heart is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th May 2019, 13:16   #187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhav View Post
Folks, I'm at the verge of booking a 7 seater automatic and torn between the Ertiga and the BRV. I have done my research and both of them come up with a fair share of positives and negatives.
You seem to be inclined towards Ertiga which is why you have posted here

What will be your usage pattern ? the 4 AT is tuned for city oriented comfort and might be just sufficient for our chocked city drives. Rest of the factors you mentioned also weigh in favour of Ertiga

If i were you, I will go ahead with Ertiga
1. Petrol Manual - For highway driving
2. Petrol AT - For pure city driving

BRV looks bit confused. I guess Honda never recovered from the Mobilio perception.
rajshenoy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th May 2019, 09:59   #188
BHPian

Raj & Rich, thanks for your inputs.

Heart says Honda BRV... Head says Ertiga!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
What will be your usage pattern ? the 4 AT is tuned for city oriented comfort and might be just sufficient for our chocked city drives. Rest of the factors you mentioned also weigh in favour of Ertiga

If i were you, I will go ahead with Ertiga
1. Petrol Manual - For highway driving
2. Petrol AT - For pure city driving
My usage will be predominantly city and at least one ~1000Km highway trip once every two months. My reference for Ertiga AT is only from online videos and user reports. I have not been able to TD the Ertiga AT at any of the dealers near my place. However, I've driven the BRV AT and like the way it behaves. I think driving a Palio for the past 11 years has spoilt me with the kind of handling and feel that none of these cars are able to provide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_heart View Post
Being an AT Ertiga owner myself, my take on this rests on, whether you wish to keep the car for more than 5 years.
Rich, I presume you have the new Ertiga AT, how noisy is the car at speeds over 80? Also does the AT box feel strained with a reasonable load (4-5 adults) on the highway over at 100-120 Kmph?
Old 30th May 2019, 10:37   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Rich, I presume you have the new Ertiga AT, how noisy is the car at speeds over 80? Also does the AT box feel strained with a reasonable load (4-5 adults) on the highway over at 100-120 Kmph?
Yes, I have New Ertiga AT ZXi. Engine noise is present outside but isn't heard inside the cabin. It feels normal with 4-5 adults. With 7, you can feel the car working but definitely doesn't qualify as a strain.
Old 30th May 2019, 13:07   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Raj & Rich, thanks for your inputs.

Heart says Honda BRV... Head says Ertiga!
I assume you heart is stuck on the Brawny looks of the BR-V.

If it were me, I would wait for just till next month and look at the supposed beefier NEXA version of the ertiga in the works.

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-2018marutiertigasportdebutindialaunch1750x430.jpg

source
Moto$apien is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th May 2019, 14:27   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto$apien View Post
I assume you heart is stuck on the Brawny looks of the BR-V.
Oh! no not at all... I feel that the BRV is just overdone with too many cuts, creases and chrome and the Ertiga looks better with cleaner lines. What I like is the engine and the gearbox and the overall ride which feels refined. Is this worth the premium?? Can't decide!!!
Old 30th May 2019, 21:07   #192
Distinguished - BHPian

2019 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga Tour M Launching Soon In India

Quote:
Maruti Suzuki has introduced a new version of the Ertiga catering to the taxi market, which has boomed in recent years. In an exclusive report, we can reveal that it has been dubbed the Maruti Suzuki Tour M and is available in the petrol specification of the Ertiga. The key features in the Maruti Suzuki Tour M are dual front airbags, reverse parking sensors, anti-lock braking system, speed limiting function, stereo with Bluetooth and steering mounted audio controls.

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-1.jpg

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-2.jpg

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-3.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2019, 12:32   #193
Distinguished - BHPian

I am surprised about Maruti's refusal to provide cruise control on even the highest variants of the Ertiga. Being an MPV it is more likely than the Ciaz to be used as a tourer on family vacations and therefore driven long distances on highways. This is when the cruise control is most useful. I personally find the short breaks my feet can take to quickly stretch very valuable on long rides when cruise control is active. While Ciaz gets this feature on even the lower variants, the Ertiga does not get this feature even in the top variant.

Combined with the new DDIS 225 engine and the new svelte body shape, Ertiga is an attractive long distance vehicle, if only MSIL can fix this shortfall. They should provide it in the new DDIS 225 version's VDI variant, which ducks just under the 10 Lac mark to create a very good value oriented alternative for those who love to travel our roads far and wide.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 2nd June 2019 at 12:34.
84.monsoon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2019, 21:06   #194
Senior - BHPian

I am looking for body side cladding (black) for my 2016 ertiga. This is something similar to Crossover hatchback (Highest models for Tiago NRG/Ford Freestyle/Ignis). Is it available for Ertiga? I am seeing some benefits of it such as door edges are protected from all sides and tyre arches corners are also protected from slight dents/scratches. I am seeing the advantage in my new Tiago NRG and just wondering if it can be done for Ertiga as well?

Tiago NRG Pic as an example
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-20190601_090655.jpg  

Last edited by rajivtelang : 3rd June 2019 at 21:08.
Old 5th June 2019, 19:00   #195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Totally confused!!!

I also didn't know which thread to post this on... Ertiga or BRV!

Please help!
I was in a similar confusion before I booked the Ertiga ! I sold our Honda Brio before booking the Ertiga, Honda Brio had a poor resale value, but the car never gave any problems for the last 6 years of ownership. The BR-V will probably be the same, great car but a poor resale value. So if you are planning to keep the car for a long time, owning a BR-V should not be a problem. Honda is going to stay here unlike GM or Fiat

The BR-V is miles ahead in terms of engine refinement. After using the Ertiga for two months, the NVH is the only biggest gripe that I have. The third row of Ertiga is comparatively better than BR-V. I am not sure if the new top end BR-V comes with Android Auto and Apple Car Play. Safety is something which I am not entirely sure of, but I bet that BR-V would get better score compared to Ertiga.

The reason why I chose Ertiga over BR-V is that I wont be driving the car that much, just office commutes and occasional trips around Pune (I see people clocking 2000 km in just a month ) My job is a little unpredictable with frequent travel involved, so if I leave India, I might have to sell the car or leave it with a close relative till I return. Maruti's service centers are aplenty in our area, and worst case, if I sell it, I will get better resale value as I already had a bitter experience with Brio. I would have definitely chosen BR-V if my driving was more. It would then justify the premium paid.

I've posted some experiences of my car above in case you want more information about the car itself.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks