BANNED

Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Maruti Ertiga sales cross 1 lakh in record 1 year – Thanks to XL6

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-marutiertiga1yearsalesrecord.jpg
Source: Rushlane
Old 28th November 2019, 19:48   #317
Senior - BHPian

I have 2016 VXI Ertiga and checking if the Android music system which was part of ZXI+ model that time is still available as OEM accessory from Maruti. VXI has the bare minimal music system and am looking to replace that with the touch panel full system. It had a cost of some 30K that time. Not sure if anybody has done that here. I was short on my budget and ended up with VXI. Now will update to that system if available. There are a bunch of third party systems in market but do not want to go for them since it may involve some electrical modifications, cutting of wires etc. and Ertiga still is under warranty of 2 more years. Any information on this is highly appreciated.
Old 28th November 2019, 20:04   #318
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
There are a bunch of third party systems in market but do not want to go for them since it may involve some electrical modifications, cutting of wires etc. and Ertiga still is under warranty of 2 more years. Any information on this is highly appreciated.
What kind of electrical modifications and cutting of wires?

As of today, be that any make of 3rd party Audio system, you get couplers or interfaces that ensures not even a single wire is cut.

In fact, I replaced mine with a 2-DIN BT system 5 years back by ordering the right set of interface couplers and installed it without interfering any OE wiring at all. So, if I have to put my OE system back, all I need to do is plug and play!!

Last edited by paragsachania : 28th November 2019 at 20:09.
paragsachania is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th November 2019, 21:47   #319
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
In fact, I replaced mine with a 2-DIN BT system 5 years back by ordering the right set of interface couplers and installed it without interfering any OE wiring at all. So, if I have to put my OE system back, all I need to do is plug and play!!
I am looking for the original system provided by Maruti if available. Otherwise I am OK with the one in Vxi.
Old 28th November 2019, 21:53   #320
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I am looking for the original system provided by Maruti if available. Otherwise I am OK with the one in Vxi.
Buying the OE system in the Z variant is going to set you back by a good sum of money. I would never go that way and pay so much for that head unit when I could do so much more to the ICE in the same budget by going for a head unit that supports Android Auto or Apple Carplay. You will still be left with enough budget to do some damping and probably also upgrade the speakers. Like Parag has mentioned you needn't have to worry about warranty since it's a coupler to coupler job and no wires will be cut.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2019, 08:45   #321
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
What kind of electrical modifications and cutting of wires?

As of today, be that any make of 3rd party Audio system, you get couplers or interfaces that ensures not even a single wire is cut.

Paragbhai, could you please share some pics of the system you have installed? Did you change the speakers too? The OEM speakers are not good but never paid attention to that till date.
Old 29th November 2019, 08:46   #322
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Paragbhai, could you please share some pics of the system you have installed? Did you change the speakers too? The OEM speakers are not good but never paid attention to that till date.
You can get all details on this thread of mine.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2019, 13:47   #323
Senior - BHPian

Need a quick info.
What is the Headlight configuration of the new Ertiga ZXi AT model?
Is it a Projector Setup and what are the Bulb specifications ?
Old 4th December 2019, 14:16   #324
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Need a quick info.
What is the Headlight configuration of the new Ertiga ZXi AT model?
Is it a Projector Setup and what are the Bulb specifications ?
Here are the specifications of the various lights used in the car:

Quoting from my ownership report:

Quote:
Low Beam: H11 rated at 55W manufactured in China by Philips
High Beam: HB3 9005 rated at 60W manufactured in the USA by Sylvania
Front Indicators: WY21W rated at 21W
Rear Indicators: PY21W rated at 21W
Parking Light & Registration plate light: T10 rated at 5W
Fog Lamps: H16 rated at 19W manufactured by Osram in Germany
Cabin Light: Festoon rated at 10W
Stop & Tail Light: LED's
Reverse Light: T15/W16W rated at 16W
SOURCE

Last edited by a4anurag : 4th December 2019 at 14:18.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2019, 18:27   #325
Senior - BHPian

Quick note. A pigeon was feasted upon by a cat under my car, so while cleaning it I saw that the wiring for Lithium battery inside the cabin runs from outside below the floor pan with just a plastic pipe covering it and its fixed with plastic clamps to the floor.
So will have to be very careful when driving in waterlogged roads, in-fact I am going to avoid it completely.
Old 9th December 2019, 12:15   #326
BHPian

Dear BHPians, I have taken delivery of my Ertiga ZDi+ [1.5 Litre] on 28-Nov-2019 and have clocked 1650 kms+ till now. The first service of the vehicle is complete and I am enjoying the vehicle till now.
However, am noticing that the Engine temperature hovers close to the 'Red lining' mark even for a 30 minute drive. Also, note that, the 'Check Engine' or other warning indicators are not shown and vehicle drives fine even in that temperature range. In my previous vehicle [2012 Ford Figo, diesel], for the same distance, the temperature never used to shoot up beyond 2 or 3 lines.
Is the heating observed in other Diesel Ertiga's too?
Am a little worried since I have another long drive coming up shortly, this time with family [2 kids + Wife].
Old 9th December 2019, 16:24   #327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiMaGo View Post
Dear BHPians, I have taken delivery of my Ertiga ZDi+ [1.5 Litre] on 28-Nov-2019 and have clocked 1650 kms+ till now. The first service of the vehicle is complete and I am enjoying the vehicle till now.
However, am noticing that the Engine temperature hovers close to the 'Red lining' mark even for a 30 minute drive. Also, note that, the 'Check Engine' or other warning indicators are not shown and vehicle drives fine even in that temperature range. In my previous vehicle [2012 Ford Figo, diesel], for the same distance, the temperature never used to shoot up beyond 2 or 3 lines.
Am a little worried since I have another long drive coming up shortly, this time with family [2 kids + Wife].
I am driving an 2017 Ertiga VDI for the past 5 months and have not seen the temp reading going beyond halfway mark. This is even after non stop 300 Km's run.

It doesn't sound right as it should not go near danger zone after a 30 min drive. Please have it checked at the earliest.
RJ411 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2019, 18:22   #328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiMaGo View Post
I have 2019 February petrol Ertiga and never found this issue. How is the A/C cooling, when the temperature hovers to red? I suggest you to check this with the ASS at the earliest. When my Wagon R had shown similar behavior, it was due to the radiator fan was not working.

Last edited by sreejithkk : 9th December 2019 at 18:23.
sreejithkk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2019, 18:33   #329
BHPian

Technically where does this car stands as compare to the new triber? Considering the price especially. I was planning to by ertiga but heard that triber is going to be launched with turbo engine, that made me more confused. Owners/experts please shed some light, is this really car worth 2-3 lacs more that triber ?
Old 9th December 2019, 19:27   #330
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay_J View Post
Technically where does this car stands as compare to the new triber? Considering the price especially. I was planning to by ertiga but heard that triber is going to be launched with turbo engine, that made me more confused. Owners/experts please shed some light, is this really car worth 2-3 lacs more that triber ?
Ertiga is way too big compared to Triber and hence no real comparison here. Technically they both are 7 seaters but in size and engine capacity there is no comparison.
If you need a 7 seater to be used that way more occasionally Ertiga is very good. Triber is a 5 seater in my opinion with a third row.
Turbo vs naturally aspired engines: I prefer the latter. Ertiga's 4 cylinder engine is butter smooth and gives too good FE.
All this comes at a price of course. So extra 2-3 lacs what it costs more. You need to decide what you want then take TDs of both cars with potential long term occupants. Ask for their feedback and then make a call. Remember the best seat in any car is the driver's seat and if you are the driver will never come to know the pains others face in your car

Last edited by rajivtelang : 9th December 2019 at 19:30.
rajivtelang is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks