Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 4th April 2020, 07:38   #361

Default Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

So finally figured out what each wires are. Posting the same for community.
Thanks much Manoj, I used multi meter to figure out how polarities change for lock signal and unlock signal. Then did the testing.

Autopark auto window Rollup Kit itself had fault which took my whole day to figure out and repair - informed the manufacturer and he accepted the fault. Had to swap thin white and violet signal wires, also orange and brown signal wires - both in mirror connectors. Without this swap the mirror and windows were working out of phase with each other.

Attaching the picture of the lock unlock wires for New Ertiga 2019+ ZDI+ model for reference.

Thanks a lot for all your help. Now I need to figure out another thing which is how should I get the direct battery supply wire into door - big task ahead of me. Do you know if power is directly available in any of the connector?
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-lockunlockwires.jpg  

ShukDa is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th April 2020, 16:08   #362
BHPian

Just before the lockdown, I did a 1000 km road trip and was about to give the car for its 3rd free service but couldn't for obvious reasons. I usually do a visual check in the engine bay before giving the car to the service center and when I checked the battery bay, I saw that there are some powdery deposits at the bottom of the tray, the terminals are perfectly clean, not a single sign of sulphation on the terminals. Then, I looked below and saw that the chassis just below the battery has its paint peeled off and rusted As if some acid has leaked from the tray and dripped on the metallic surface just below it.

Not sure at what point that has happened, I know that little bit of chemical reaction around the battery is normal but rusting of a critical part just below it is bit serious, something not expected from a year old car, it might just be the Exide Conservo battery which is having some quality issues. I'll post some pictures next week when I check it again.

Will be showing that to Maruti Service center once the lock-down is lifted.
For now, I have disconnected the negative terminal of the battery and wrapped it in plastic to avoid rapid draining as the car is going to be resting for a long time.
Old 18th April 2020, 16:21   #363
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Ertiga now gets SmartPlay Studio AVN

Maruti has silently updated the Ertiga, which now comes with the new 7-inch SmartPlay Studio infotainment head-unit.

The SmartPlay system allows connectivity via Bluetooth, Aux-in, USB as well as gets Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. Compared to the outgoing interface, it loses out on the inbuilt navigation via pre-loaded maps. Instead, it now comes with navigation which is supported via the connected smartphone.

The Maruti Ertiga is offered with a 1.5-litre, 4-cylinder petrol engine that produces 103 BHP @ 6,000 rpm and 138 Nm @ 4,400 rpm. It is also offered in a CNG variant which develops 91 BHP and 122 Nm.

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-screenshot-20200418-2.32.08-pm.png

Link to the Team-BHP news
Old 18th April 2020, 17:31   #364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiInJa View Post
it might just be the Exide Conservo battery which is having some quality issues.
Same issue I had faced in Calcutta in my friend's CIAZ petrol. Vehicle was 10 months and 5500kms old. No extra electrical fitments as accessories were fitted.
Exide CONSERVO was the OEM fitment. Acid leakage was observed on the right side bottom(if you are facing the battery that is. In battery orientation it is left bottom) This was in the month of November 2019.
We had the battery warranty card. Which was given at the time of vehicle delivery and my friend who is a stickler for documentation had it stamped by the dealer at the time of new vehicle handover.

We decided to show it to the EXIDE dealer, simply because the EXIDE service point was located a mere 100 metres away from his house.
To our surprise, the EXIDE dealer did not throw any tantrums at all! Took away the OEM battery, gave us a "loaner battery" and in the next 48 hours replaced the leaking one with a new EXIDE battery!

Which lead us to suspect that there was more to it than meets the eye! It may have been an issue with a particular batch. Otherwise I do not think EXIDE, being the conservative company it is and that too in Calcutta, would have been so prompt in a replacement, no questions asked.

Last edited by arjab : 18th April 2020 at 17:33. Reason: spelling mistakes corrected
arjab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2020, 12:48   #365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post

We decided to show it to the EXIDE dealer, simply because the EXIDE service point was located a mere 100 metres away from his house.
To our surprise, the EXIDE dealer did not throw any tantrums at all! Took away the OEM battery, gave us a "loaner battery" and in the next 48 hours replaced the leaking one with a new EXIDE battery!
Thanks a ton !
One of my acquaintance is a Exide battery dealer in Pune, will show him my case once we are out of this Covid crisis.
Old 8th May 2020, 14:20   #366

On my 5 month and 5700 km run Ertiga, Malfunction Indicator light is glowing even when car is running, I got it rectified on 6-May at Bimal BG road, Blore. But, the very next day, am again facing the same problem. The SA at Bimal reported that a Rat had messed with a Sensor wire which was rectified during repair. Note that the vehicle runs and behaves absolutely fine, even the ACs and other electronics are running fine. I called the SA at Bimal and he asked me to get the vehicle to service station to have it rechecked. Am a little apprehensive now to go back to the same centre.

Can someone please confirm if the service centre on Mysore Road, blore is good?
Attached Images

Last edited by DiMaGo : 8th May 2020 at 14:40. Reason: corrected typo
Old 8th May 2020, 14:52   #367
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiMaGo View Post
On my 5 month and 5700 km run Ertiga, Malfunction Indicator light is glowing even when car is running, I got it rectified on 6-May at Bimal BG road, Blore.
With redlining at 6000 rpm on the tacho - I presume your's is a diesel car. When you start the car and idle - does the glow plug symbol (its a spring coil like icon) blink some times and goes off? Similarly during driving, do you notice the glow plug blinking 1-2 times and then going off again?

On the other hand - no problem in going to the same place. This time, instead of trusting them - ask them for the error code from OBD scanner and ask them to decipher the meaning for it. You can google it up too. That will tell you clearly what the issue is.

Last edited by Reinhard : 8th May 2020 at 14:54.
Reinhard is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 10th May 2020, 01:51   #368

Thanks Reinhard for your inputs. The glow plug symbol is not flashing while driving or when I start up the engine. Am visiting the service centre tomorrow, will follow your inputs, will keep this thread updated on the progress.
DiMaGo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2020, 13:53   #369

Reinhard - the problem was the wiring related to glow plug. This time too the culprit was a Rat. The wire was completely chewed off. This time the Service Associate did not charge me anything for the repair though.
Once repair was done on 10-May, I purchased 'Rat Axe' a rat spray - which is supposed to be sprayed once every 15 days in and around engine bay. I sprayed it twice during nights and looks like there is no infiltration happened.
However, I would like to also know from others on the forum of any other brands of Rat spray used by them and its efficacy.
DiMaGo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th May 2020, 14:51   #370
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiMaGo View Post
Reinhard - the problem was the wiring related to glow plug. This time too the culprit was a Rat. The wire was completely chewed off. This time the Service Associate did not charge me anything for the repair though.
Once repair was done on 10-May, I purchased 'Rat Axe' a rat spray - which is supposed to be sprayed once every 15 days in and around engine bay. I sprayed it twice during nights and looks like there is no infiltration happened.
However, I would like to also know from others on the forum of any other brands of Rat spray used by them and its efficacy.
Ah good! So the car is working fine. Nice of them to fix it out of goodwill. Regarding rats, these couple of posts & all the conversation around them on that thread might be useful. Links below. I have also mentioned about the spray I use. I use it once in a quarter of an year. I know it is working. Since I have seen rat foot prints in a couple of places but they haven't dared bite on anything at all. Remember - pretty much all these sprays are taste and odor based. So they don't guarantee that rats won't enter your engine bay. But they ensure they don't chew on anything as long as all surfaces are sprayed on.

Rat Proofing Car - Post 1 (How do you protect your car from rats?)

Rat proofing car - Post 2 with link to product that I use. (How do you protect your car from rats?)

Last edited by Reinhard : 14th May 2020 at 14:53.
Reinhard is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2020, 12:55   #371
BHPian

I got my car serviced yesterday at my usual dealership. It was third free service so nothing much done except oil change and the battery that was leaking water (see posts above). The SA said that the battery water level was more in two cells towards negative pole so excess water got out, we both wondered how that would happen as no one had opened the battery so far. Must have come from the factory itself. Anyway, problem sorted. Got a spray of anti rust done underbody as not sure how long the car will stay in parking this year :(

Changed oil was synthetic which was 5W40 and costed 3400 Rs. The engine runs extremely smooth now and the vibrations and harshness at mid range is drastically minimized, but its still there. Noise is something that wont go.

Coming to the precautions they took:
1. Very less people working at the dealership so no overcrowding

2. Bookings were confirmed multiple times over phone so that ensured not extra cars came in for service. The main gate was closed at all times so people would not just walk in.

3. The first thing they did at the gate is checked body temperature with that gun. Anyone with a temperature was not allowed inside.

4. Asked me to do a self assessment on arogya setu app and show the result to the security before letting in

5. Once inside, immediately asked me and my dad to disembark. The usual touchpoints like door handle, steering and gear knob was sanitized by a person and plastic covers put on steering, gear knob, seat. (charged 200 Rs in service bill)

6. Of course, hand sanitizers were dispensed like 'prasad' , so everbody was using it after every few minutes, dad and I included.

7. All spaces have been marked, car parking slots, markers for where people should stand while inspection, inside office, markers for chairs and tables and queue for cashier.

8. Excess tables and chairs removed so people dont have to crowd the office.

9. Key is kept in a plastic bag immediately when handing over the car. So no question of someone touching it. The ones without sensors, and required to be inserted are kept inserted with a plastic cover on the exposed part. No cars are parked outside premises.

All in all, the measures were commendable and staff were following them. Only thing I wished was they did the pre-delivery sanitation in front of me so that I could see the covers getting removed after everything was done.
NiInJa is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 13th June 2020, 21:22   #372
BHPian

Dear all,
I am in sort of a pickle reg my Ertiga. (ZXi, Auto, Petrol).
Few days I had not put its cover and now it appears to have been coated with a fine spray of something falling vertically down. Places on the surface not exposed to such vertical fall is glossy. But other areas have become matty. Even the front windshield glass.
There is a house being constructed nearby... would it be the cement dust? I park it beneath a sodium street lamp. Is it some sort of particle mist from the lamp? There is a tree nearby but I don't park right under it. Whatever it is, it must have fallen vertically down.

I had purchased "ceramic" coating from Bimal itself. Double quotes because, I don't know what they actually applied. It apparently should resist scratches.

Today I took it to them to do a follow up re-coat. They raised this concern and asked me to bring again next week. They feel if we try to rub too hard to remove that roughness, it might damage the paint. I know for a fact that the original factory paint applied is very thin and will get peeled even with finger nails.

I have a doubt that Bimal guys actually would have just intended to apply some quick polish and buffing and not do a proper re-coat. Hence asked me to bring next week for a proper attempt.

Has anyone faced a similar situation? What options do I have for next course of action? Please advise.
Old 13th June 2020, 21:42   #373
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_heart View Post
Has anyone faced a similar situation? What options do I have for next course of action? Please advise.
Don't try rubbing or polishing, you may end up damaging the paint. Go to any detailer and ask them to try claying on a part, preferably windshield with lots of lube.

You can do this as a DIY also.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed