Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2020, 15:30   #376
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Lock-down update:

The oil change has made the car a bit free revving. Initially it would hesitate to above 4500 rpm but now that has reduced.

Didn't really get a chance to drive the car at high speed after third service until a few days ago. I noticed that at speeds around 90 kmph, the steering shakes/vibrates when turning on slight bends, its more pronounced when I get out of the turn and reposition the steering back to center, it feels as if someone is resisting. Do note that its not very pronounced, a casual driver might not even notice it, plus its perfectly normal at speeds below 80kmph.

My guess is that wheel alignment/balancing was not carried out correctly. Any inputs on this are welcome. Is it related it unbalanced wheels ?

Also, I noticed this recently that when the car is cold, it shakes a lot when the clutch starts engaging, unless I give some throttle. Wasn't the case before or maybe I never noticed it before. Everything is fine when the engine is hot.
Thanks in advance.
Old 20th July 2020, 18:30   #377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Apologies if this has been addressed and I missed, but has Maruti stopped selling the diesel Ertiga/ Diesel automatic Ertiga?
PS: There never was a diesel a Diesel automatic Ertiga, infact there never has been diesel automatic in Maruti's stable till very recently when they introduced the AMT in diesel cars. The AMT too isn't a proper automatic like an AT, TC or DCT.

Maruti is still flogging an old school 4 speed TC box for the XL6 as well.

Last edited by lionell : 20th July 2020 at 18:31. Reason: typo
Old 4th August 2020, 09:36   #378
MaG
BHPian

Maruti Suzuki Ertiga 2017: Suggestion Required

Hi People,

My 2017 Ertiga's middle row smaller sized seat keeps vibrating throughout and it makes the cabin noisy. While zi checked with the showroom guys, they claim it can't be fixed. I'm very dissatisfied with their answer and looking if anybody else in the forum has faced or facing the same issue and what solution was provided.

Thanks in advance!
Old 4th August 2020, 09:48   #379
BANNED

Re: Maruti Suzuki Ertiga 2017: Suggestion Required

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaG View Post
My 2017 Ertiga's middle row smaller sized seat keeps vibrating throughout and it makes the cabin noisy.
Is the seat that is vibrating or the plastic panel near the seat base? Or could be a loose-fit seat recliner handle?
Old 4th August 2020, 11:01   #380
MaG
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Is the seat that is vibrating or the plastic panel near the seat base? Or could be a loose-fit seat recliner handle?
I guess it's the seat
Old 18th October 2020, 08:01   #381
BHPian

Took delivery of ZXI Ertiga on Friday, drove it less than 100km, am still mostly getting that idling stop unavailable” indicator. Is this something I need to worry, or does the lithium battery take some time to charge?
Old 18th October 2020, 09:27   #382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp2u View Post
Took delivery of ZXI Ertiga on Friday, drove it less than 100km, am still mostly getting that idling stop unavailable” indicator. Is this something I need to worry, or does the lithium battery take some time to charge?
Is the bonnet open by any chance? I had read a year ago thay someone hadn't closed the bonnet properly and the MID threw up the same message.
On the other hand it could be some error, check with the dealer.
Sreesh1009 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2020, 13:28   #383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
Maruti Suzuki Ertiga CNG Launched at Rs.8.88Lakhs, based on the VXi model

Source
I don't think the S CNG offers colour MID as mentioned. Also there has been members who have booked this model. Eager to read user review s.
Old 28th October 2020, 21:17   #384

Dear seniors,

I am considering purchase of the CNG variant of Ertiga which is available only in VXi Trim. My maximum use would be for office commute (about 30 kms daily, 5 days a week). I do intend travelling outside Delhi - may be twice a year. Is this a good choice, is it worth considering over VXi Petrol only version, given the premium for CNG model? What would I be losing as compared to ZXi?

I am a little sceptical about its usefulness in Delhi traffic.

Kindly shower valuable guidance. Thanks in anticipation.
Old 28th October 2020, 21:40   #385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petropolitan View Post
Dear seniors,

I am considering purchase of the CNG variant of Ertiga which is available only in VXi Trim. My maximum use would be for office commute (about 30 kms daily, 5 days a week). I do intend travelling outside Delhi - may be twice a year. Is this a good choice, is it worth considering over VXi Petrol only version, given the premium for CNG model? What would I be losing as compared to ZXi?

I am a little sceptical about its usefulness in Delhi traffic.
The CNG cylinder will occupy space of your boot, and for your out station trips (twice in an year), you would lose that luggage space. Since your office commute is just 30 kms daily, petrol would make sense. If you have running of 80 - 100 kms daily, CNG would be economical, but for 30 kms of run daily, petrol should be more than enough. If you really want to go for a CNG vehicle, you can buy a removable roof carrier for luggage, which can be used during your long trips.
WhiteSierra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th October 2020, 22:20   #386
BHPian

Our 2016 ertiga zxi+ was recently diagnosed with a faulty plunger something in steering rack causing mild rattling.
MASS is going to disassemble everything and going to update us soon.
Any pointers?
Old 31st October 2020, 22:27   #387
BHPian

Recently got our ertiga petrol serviced for 40k kms from Chowgule, Katraj. Frankly, was astonished at the 15 grand bill for 40k kms major service that too for a petrol vehicle!
Attaching bill details for your reference and advise as to what mistakes I did or what I can avoid safely. Looking at the bill, I believe, once extended warranty gets over I should really go look for an FNG for further routine work!

The judder, knocking sound from steering rack was managed by greasing and lubricating all joints and plunger.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-20201031_222040.jpg  

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-20201031_222026.jpg  

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-20201031_222010.jpg  

Last edited by Torq : 31st October 2020 at 22:30.
Torq is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2020, 23:04   #388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiMaGo View Post
"Have I bought something by which am putting me/family in harms way?"
Very late to the party but let me post my (rather my brothers experience) of an accident in an ertiga (2015 petrol)
High speed, late night, full day of binge shopping followed by return back to hometown about 150kms away.
A sharp turn between Panvel and Pen went unnoticed, the missing under construction banners or reflective stickers didn't help the matters. The car went on service road which was dug up about 10feet down. Flipped 3-4 times and fortunately landed tyres down!
None of the occupants was injured though. Well, one of the friends was carrying fish bowl which broke and he injured his hands. That's it!
Will post a pic of the car if I am able to find it. This was in 2016. Still using the car.
Torq is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2020, 09:46   #389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaG View Post
Hi People,

My 2017 Ertiga's middle row smaller sized seat keeps vibrating throughout and it makes the cabin noisy. While zi checked with the showroom guys, they claim it can't be fixed. I'm very dissatisfied with their answer and looking if anybody else in the forum has faced or facing the same issue and what solution was provided.

Thanks in advance!
Also in my 2015 Ertiga, the middle seats are vibrating during engine on/off, acceleration, gear changes, etc. I’m giving the car for 80K service tomorrow and have to check with the service guys.

My suggestion is to tighten all bolts on the seat base either by self or in a FNG.
Old 8th November 2020, 14:26   #390
MaG
BHPian

Hi gopi_rm,

I've tried doing that unsuccessfully though. It's the backrest of the smaller seat that vibrates along with the headrest. These guys haven't been able to solve my issue atleast.

Would be happy to have your feedback post service.

Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopi_rm View Post
Also in my 2015 Ertiga, the middle seats are vibrating during engine on/off, acceleration, gear changes, etc. I’m giving the car for 80K service tomorrow and have to check with the service guys.

My suggestion is to tighten all bolts on the seat base either by self or in a FNG.

Most Viewed