Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2019, 22:19   #61
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

SVHS System switch on the Engine after 180 seconds. At least that’s is what I noticed on my 2016 vdi SVHS, is the behaviour same with petrol SVHs ?

Last edited by vvvinod : 23rd February 2019 at 22:31.
Old 23rd February 2019, 22:44   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpm View Post
This keeps the floors manageable but the fabric seats are still a nightmare. I don't know why Maruti sticks on to these beige seats. A black/space gray version would have been easy on the eye as well.
I read that Maruti provided seat cover as accessory is pretty good. This might solve, at some additional cost?
Old 24th February 2019, 09:51   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_heart View Post
I read that Maruti provided seat cover as accessory is pretty good. This might solve, at some additional cost?
I have checked at the dealer, they had 2 options to choose from one costs 8K+ and another one is 11K+. Both of them Art Leather and in matching beige color only. 11K+ one is premium one as per the accessory person which is soft material looks like leather. I am looking for a Fabric + Art Leather combo. So need to find a shop which can make one for me.
blorebuddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2019, 22:16   #64

Brilliant review, as always.

My family is very keen on buying the Ertiga, but I have a few questions-

1. How reliable is the Mild Hybrid battery?
2. Is the speed limit warning thing too irritating?
3. How safe will the Ertiga be given that the Swift (based on the same platform) has scored rather poorly in crash tests?

Thanks!
Old 24th February 2019, 22:28   #65
BHPian

A good comparison which might be useful to some prospective buyers

Old 24th February 2019, 23:09   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradyumnakalagi View Post
Brilliant review, as always.

My family is very keen on buying the Ertiga, but I have a few questions-

1. How reliable is the Mild Hybrid battery?
2. Is the speed limit warning thing too irritating?
3. How safe will the Ertiga be given that the Swift (based on the same platform) has scored rather poorly in crash tests?

Thanks!
Let me try my best with the test drive I took.

1. You can choose to turn it off. The battery as far as I know has warranty.
2. It's audible but not irritating. Play the stereo and the beeps are lowered further.
3. It felt stronger than the Swift but not as strong as the ecosport . Boot door and bonnet felt heavy enough . We can't be sure until the crash tests come out. I had the first gen Ertiga and this felt at par if not better .

Hope this helps in making your decision.

Last edited by keshav1426 : 24th February 2019 at 23:15.
keshav1426 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2019, 23:42   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
Guys what mileage to expect from petrol ertiga in daily office runs? I.
Having driven around 900 odd km during last couple of days - mix of 4 lane highways, 2 lane state highway and 1 1/2 lane forest roads ( thanks to google navigation ), the MID shows 15.3. Tankful to tankful stands around 15 kmpl or thereabouts (based on refueling).

Average speeds on 4 lane - 80 kmph - bursts of 90/100 - Never exceed speed - 110 kmph, 2 Lane - 50 kmph , Single lane 35 kmph.

City usage, well i did touch double digits briefly, but i would doubt if it would exceed 11 / 12 in the best of conditions.

One issue, even after all this driving 900 odd kms the SHVS - idle stop start battery hasn't ever shown fully charged - shows 2 to 3 bars most times. The behaviour is also erratic it works sometimes , sometimes it doesn't cut off the engine.

Anyone else observe the same? First Service scheduled this tuesday. Getting it done en-route, Anything to watch out for?

Thanks
cyberwhizs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2019, 10:16   #68
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshav1426 View Post
Anyone noticed how they cleverly avoided sitting three abreast only in Ertiga or in other point of view it was so stupid of them to sit three abreast in a seat which is advertised to fit two.

Last edited by pavi : 25th February 2019 at 10:21.
pavi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2019, 11:27   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
Anyone noticed how they cleverly avoided sitting three abreast only in Ertiga or in other point of view it was so stupid of them to sit three abreast in a seat which is advertised to fit two.
Not really. Lodgy and marazzo are in 2+2+3 configuration due to Captain seats in the rear . Ertiga is 2+3+2 due to bench seats
Old 25th February 2019, 12:26   #70
BHPian

Quote:

https://Youtu.be/7N8LKMO_nOQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
I cannot consider this to be an unbiased review. There is no way the Marazzo can be a better people carrier than the Ertiga. A few points i can safely recall

>> NVH, Marazzo should easily score with better NVH. It has been consistently pointed out in reviews that the Mahindra has class leading NVH, unless Maruti has done some magic on the DDIS 200

>> Safety, Marazzo has earned its 4 stars in the NCAP test, we did not see any points given for this.

>> Space, Is Ertiga really more spacious than the Marazzo? Also they advised the boot is larger in the Ertiga, but they should have shown the boot with the 3rd row seats reclined as they had shown when they were judging the 3rd row

>> Build quality, i assume, going by initial reports. and no points for the BOF chassis which will take abuse much better.

The Ertiga might be better as an 7 seater which does not have to carry 7 everyday because of its car like properties.

Last edited by coldice4u : 25th February 2019 at 12:27.
Old 25th February 2019, 12:27   #71
BANNED

Quote:
Not really. Lodgy and marazzo are in 2+2+3 configuration due to Captain seats in the rear . Ertiga is 2+3+2 due to bench seats
So basically second row bench seat versions of Marazzo and Lodgy (Innova too) are eight seaters while the Ertiga (with second row bench seat) is advertised as a seven seater. May be that's why Ertiga is not offered with a captain seat as that reduces the seating capacity to six, heard news about a Nexa Ertiga with captain seats, but that's 'premium'.

Note : I need to work more on my understanding.
pavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2019, 12:38   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldice4u View Post
I cannot consider this to be an unbiased review. There is no way the Marazzo can be a better people carrier than the Ertiga. A few points i can safely recall
The Ertiga might be better as an 7 seater which does not have to carry 7 everyday because of its car like properties.
Your absolutely right. If your in the market for a 7 seater which sees the highway and bad roads on a daily basis , then the Innova and Marazzo are the default choice. For Urban Families and Occasional highways with 6-7 people and luggage , the ertiga ticks the box. There is a significant price difference between them as well.
Old 25th February 2019, 13:20   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberwhizs View Post
Summarizing my previous posts for your convenience.
This certainly does help immensely. It almost felt like I had driven the car Very valid observations which gives me the suitable feedback I wanted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphadog View Post
From speaking to my dad, he does not seem to have any major issues with the car so far.
Thank you so much for this very helpful advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpm View Post
I had my seats removed on the day I took delivery and did full floor PVC carpeting. Then added black noodle mats. This keeps the floors manageable but the fabric seats are still a nightmare. I don't know why Maruti sticks on to these beige seats. A black/space gray version would have been easy on the eye as well.
It truly is a nightmare, especially in the highly polluted Gurgaon. The seats will get messy soon. This is somewhat becoming a deal breaker for me. Thanks so much for the insight though!
Old 26th February 2019, 14:24   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Other Points

• Thanks to BHPian Leoshashi for sharing the price of the Li-ion battery. It costs a whopping Rs. 53,685 to replace. Further, one must never let this battery discharge completely as it will not recharge again. Maruti recommends a minimum of 30 minutes of engine running time per week to prevent this from happening.
This point sounds extremely concerning.
What if someone is going on a long vacation? like 3-4 weeks, for example.
Can that lead to Battery getting completely discharged?
abhishek46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2019, 12:44   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarStruck View Post
It truly is a nightmare, especially in the highly polluted Gurgaon. The seats will get messy soon. This is somewhat becoming a deal breaker for me. Thanks so much for the insight though!
I wouldn't worry too much about this. You can get grey seat covers to match the top of the dashboard and black noodle / fabric mats for the floor.The remaining beige on the doors can also be changed. Since your in Gurgeon, you have ample choices for seat and interior customization. Drive down to Delhi and your sorted This need not be the reason for not selecting the ertiga
keshav1426 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed