Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2019, 20:35   #76
BHPian

Took delivery of my ZXI AT (my second Ertiga after first gen ZDI) this week
Haven't driven much yet but whatever local rounds nearby has given me immense satisfaction with the car
Engine is quite silent at city speeds and quite a smooth ride of the automatic gear.
The engine idling stop was active quite quickly (within a KM ride) and enjoyed the BMW like start stop 😀 during idling.

Need to start decking my car - quite a few things on my mind with leather seats, floor lamination and mats, dash cam on top of the list.
Will post further as I gain/discover more about this.
harishhm74 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th February 2019, 21:58   #77
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishhm74 View Post
Haven't driven much yet but whatever local rounds nearby has given me immense satisfaction with the car
Engine is quite silent at city speeds and quite a smooth ride of the automatic gear.
The engine idling stop was active quite quickly (within a KM ride) and enjoyed the BMW like start stop 😀 during idling.

Need to start decking my car - quite a few things on my mind with leather seats, floor lamination and mats, dash cam on top of the list.
Will post further as I gain/discover more about this.
Congratulations Harish. Do share pics of your new car.
Old 1st March 2019, 03:31   #78
BHPian

Delivery of my ZXI AT is imminent. Maybe next week. I downloaded the PDI check PDF file from this forum. The SA said stock yard is at Tumkuru. Should I press to go and see it in person before allotment is done? Please help to specify exact sequence of things to happen now and which aspects should I be careful about. Thanks
Old 1st March 2019, 09:32   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_heart View Post
The SA said stock yard is at Tumkuru. Should I press to go and see it in person before allotment is done? Please help to specify exact sequence of things to happen now and which aspects should I be careful about. Thanks
Car would have been allotted to you already. Ask your SA for the VIN. You can ask SA for the steps. Typically the following are the steps as I understand

1. SA has to get the car to dealership/showroom. Stockyard in Tumakuru is Maruti's and it will be taken from there by the dealer (not sure what is the process between Maruti & dealer)
2. Once the car is with the custody of dealer, you can do PDI
3. Once you are satisfied, you can make the payment, sign papers and get it registered
4. Once the Car is registered (pay the road tax, registration charges) next day RTO will give the receipts and number, you can enjoy your new ride
blorebuddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2019, 20:29   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

Latest update: Ertiga LDi discontinued:

Attachment 1854339
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-10.jpg  

Last edited by Aditya : 5th March 2019 at 16:11. Reason: Adding watermark
Leoshashi is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2019, 05:39   #81
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ertiga : Looks tempting but flawed

The new Ertiga looked interesting, but I will probably buy my next one as automatic and there are several shortcomings here:

1. Interior colour choice is very poor - The floor and high touch areas should be dark brownish shade to match the darker patch on the seats (or match the wood trim colour). This car will look ugly with a week’s use. The second row doors should also have the wooden finish streak to make them look better.

2. Missing Touchscreen HU and reversing camera in the ZXI automatic. Or launch a ZXI+ Auto.

3. Why no Cruise control on auto variants? It is so useful even on shorter highway runs like Mumbai Pune, and is a simple, inexpensive software feature. Suzuki already offers it on some of the manual cars.

4. Ertiga petrol desperately needs a proper 6 speed AT. Suzuki is charging (looting?) 1 Lac extra for a 15-20 year old 4 speed transmission that probably costs them a fraction of the 1Lac. And then stripping features like touchscreen HU and Cruise from the AT model! This 1Lac extra for the lousy automatic is on top the price increase over the last model.

5. NVH - Suzuki is working hard to ignore noise. On longer drivers, it serious impacts how tired you feel. A quiet cabin is a big boon. Suzuki needs to add insulation where necessary even if it adds 10-20kg to the weight of the car.

6. The SHVS system feels like a scam. Does not make enough of a difference to performance and fuel efficiency, but high parts costs for replacement if needed. Why can’t Maruti remove it and offer the missing features - a touchscreen HU with android auto/apple car play, cruise control with 6speed AT, and better noise insulation.

Fixing these flaws can make Ertiga ZXI+ AT a very easy recommendation over everything from Marazzo, Creta, and even Innova. After the initial booking and waiting periods get over. And help in the current low growth market scenario.

Suzuki could use a festive season launch of the 1.5L diesel to do a mid year feature change based on market feedback. (And should offer a diesel automatic in Vdi as well in the ZDI+ trim.)

To a lesser extent, Suzuki should also consider adding a taller 6th gear to the MT. It will quieten down the engine at a 100kmph cruising speed on the highway, and boost mileage.
Old 5th March 2019, 21:29   #82
BHPian

Just an update for those who are interested.

Completed a 2300 km trip, some points which may be useful.

1. Fuel efficiency - 15.2 Kmpl - mix of 6/4 lane national highways, 2 Lane and single lane interior roads. Including mountainous terrain.

2. Best fuel efficiency - between BPCL COCO - hulihalli raneebennur to BPCL COCO - kelewede (near khed shivpur) approx 500 kms - 19 kmpl. Typical driving at 90/100 with bursts of 110. Tankful to Tankful method.

3. For a petrol engine the car is noisy. Above 80 kmph it becomes pretty irritating. Even at idle - people have asked - is it a diesel?

4. The car can climb, accelerate pretty well even in gradients , it took the hairpins at agumbe and other places without breaking into any sweat. If you have not driven agumbe - you should.

5. The driving is effortless - i.e. one who has driven an hatch back can easily drive this one. Parking - one needs to get used to, it isn't the most simple thing one would do.

6. One undulating roads - body roll and bobbing is present, folks got used to it over the extended trip, so no motion sickness complaints that i was dreading of.

7. AC cools fast, much of places i visited , the ambient was 35+ degree Celsius. Blower speed 3 and above as noisy. Overall very comfortable with the cooling.

8. On broken tarmac - harihar - honalli - one will feel every bump at moderate speeds, one is forced to reduce speeds to tackle the menace. Buses, trucks and a few innovas just zoomed through this section.

9. Got my first service done enroute, i was facing a problem in slotting the reverse gear. The service folks checked it, greased it. It is better but still not perfect as in the test drive car.. Yes they charged me for mandatory wiper wash and wheel cap tags. My experience with the service center was not good. Neither did they keep time or do their job thoroughly.

10. On the lithium ion cell, it never shows fully charged, at best 3 bars. I did not get any satisfactory response from the service center folks, they said drive and it will get 5 bars - i told i have driven 1000+ kms in the last couple of days . Anyone else experiencing this?

11. Without a carrier, one cannot accommodate luggage for 7 people on a long road trip, Just bear this in mind when you are planning for a longish road trip.

Thanks for reading.
cyberwhizs is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th March 2019, 21:45   #83
BHPian

Found the service schedule including price details for the petrol and diesel Ertiga and thought I would share. The service prices do seem steep.

Old 6th March 2019, 11:24   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberwhizs View Post

3. For a petrol engine the car is noisy. Above 80 kmph it becomes pretty irritating. Even at idle - people have asked - is it a diesel?
Anybody here aware of an owner trying to noise proof their car, to convert it into a quiet luxury cruiser? Or accessory guys offering a package?

Something like this, perhaps:
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...lots-pics.html

Since our bucket car seat cover fitters often remove seats anyway, this can be done at the same time. Besides, ertiga anyway needs a dark carpet unless you want to wash the floor couple of times a day to keep it clean.
Old 6th March 2019, 11:59   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishhm74 View Post
Congratulations!! Wishing you many happy miles with it. How long did it take from booking till delivery and which Maruti Dealer in Bangalore?

Quote:
Delivery of my ZXI AT is imminent. Maybe next week.
Same question as above - which dealer and how long did it take? Trying to figure out the wait times for the Auto variant of the Ertiga.

A colleague of mine has booked from Kalyani Motors Bangalore and the dealer has kept him waiting for quite sometime. He has booked the ZXI AT as well and the SA keeps saying 10 days and keeps postponing the dates everytime.
Old 6th March 2019, 12:25   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Same question as above - which dealer and how long did it take? Trying to figure out the wait times for the Auto variant of the Ertiga.

A colleague of mine has booked from Kalyani Motors Bangalore and the dealer has kept him waiting for quite sometime. He has booked the ZXI AT as well and the SA keeps saying 10 days and keeps postponing the dates everytime.
It's been 3 months since I booked ZXI AT at Bimal. Very less AT vehicles are released it seems, as per SA. Still saying 10 days for me as well. He said instead of two batches in Feb, only one was delivered and hence the delay.

Hope to get it next week at least.

Rich_heart.
rich_heart is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2019, 17:33   #87
BHPian

Quote:
It's been 3 months since I booked ZXI AT at Bimal. Very less AT vehicles are released it seems, as per SA. Still saying 10 days for me as well. He said instead of two batches in Feb, only one was delivered and hence the delay.Hope to get it next week at least.Rich_heart.
I dont think its only for the AT. I booked mine on the 27th of Dec 2018 and still waiting endlessly. SA tells me that i am next on the list for allotment and expects delivery this month. Lets see how it goes. He told me the same thing last month. While the AT might have lower production numbers , zxi+ seems to have excess of demand .
keshav1426 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2019, 12:42   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshav1426 View Post
I booked mine on the 27th of Dec 2018 and still waiting endlessly. SA tells me that i am next on the list for allotment and expects delivery this month. Lets see how it goes.
Same here, I wonder if they have a protocol for the same because I got the exact same reply yesterday : 'Sir, your car is first in the next list and I just got information from manufacturing center that the next batch production has started, so in the next few days a VIN will be assigned to your booking and the car will reach our dealership after that' (I booked on 15 December)

The good thing is his reply this time was a little detailed as the previous ones were 'We have no information yet and can't commit anything right now'. So I am taking that on a positive note.
NiInJa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2019, 14:09   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiInJa View Post
Same here, I wonder if they have a protocol for the same because I got the exact same reply yesterday
The good thing is his reply this time was a little detailed as the previous ones were 'We have no information yet and can't commit anything right now'. So I am taking that on a positive note.
I think they have understood a pattern of allotment and inventory from maruti based on delivery in the last few months. My Crm has a detailed excel on number of bookings with colour and variant specifications. Based on that i was the second person to book the magma grey zxi+ back in feb . The person before me has got his delivery by feb end. So on that basis they have told me that i am next on the list ( although unofficial ) . There are many others who have booked vxi ,zxi in different colours but maruti seems to be alloting in a balanced manner with respect to color and variant ( i am guessing 1 or 2 vehicles every 2 weeks). Also, they have mentioned that deliveries have been completed for vehicles booked till dec 22, 2018. I made the booking on the 27th of dec.

Last edited by keshav1426 : 7th March 2019 at 14:12.
Old 11th March 2019, 12:26   #90
BHPian

Scoop : Suzuki Ertiga GT pictures leaked

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-screenshot_20190311125244_chrome.jpg

Suzuki will unveil a sportier variant of the popular Ertiga MPV, the Ertiga GT on March 23, 2019. The new Ertiga GT will first go on sale in Indonesia and may soon mark its presence in other more showrooms globally.

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-screenshot_20190311125322_chrome.jpg

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-screenshot_20190311125304_chrome.jpg

Quote:

The leaked images show the Suzuki Ertiga GT in an all-black theme, with body kit all round, including front and rear bumper extensions. The model is seen sporting subtle red accents on its exterior. Additionally, there's a unique grille and a rear spoiler, along with all-black alloy wheels that complete the sportier look. What also helps differentiate the standard Ertiga from its sportier variant is the distinct 'GT' badging in red.

Under the hood, the Ertiga GT will get a 1.5-litre petrol engine, similar to the one in the India-spec model. While there are no images of the interior, sources tell us there won’t be any major change here, except for the use of black seat covers and some minor tweaks.
This could be the Nexa version of Ertiga in India.

Source

Last edited by JS Kwt : 11th March 2019 at 12:28.
JS Kwt is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks