Team-BHP - Maruti Ertiga : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Maruti Ertiga : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/206653-maruti-ertiga-official-review-8.html)

Ertiga GT Teased
Ahead of Official Debut in Indonesia

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-screenshot_20190315153859_chrome.jpg

Suzuki officially released a new teaser of the Ertiga GT, which is going to be introduced in the Indonesian market on March 23. The Ertiga GT is the production version of the Sport Concept showcased at the 2018 GIIAS.

Attachment 1859330

Source

Quote:

Originally Posted by vikred (Post 4559413)
Suzuki has chosen this 4AT for a reason. First, economies of scale. This transmission is also being used in other Asian markets like Indonesia in cars like Baleno, Ertiga, etc. Even the older generation Indian Ciaz had it. Second, the gear ratios are very well chosen. Its 4th gear is taller than 5MT's (see image). So, 4AT cruises better. I will not be surprised if it gives better highway FE too. Third, pricing. Suzuki priced the AT versions so well that I don't miss a higher priced 5AT/6AT. And lastly, I feel a 4AT is not as "antiquated" as people say it is. For instance, Toyota sold their Corolla, Camry and RAV4 in international markets with 4ATs till 2012/2013 before moving on to CVTs/6ATs.

https://www.suzuki.co.id/automobile/all-new-ertiga
Attachment 1859211

If I were in the market for a 10-lakh rupee automatic, the Ertiga AT will be a top contender.

The volume argument cuts both ways. A 6 or 7 speed automatic applied across the same range will have huge volumes for Suzuki in India. So, can be very cost effective.

As the numbers point out, the AT Ertiga tall 4th gear comes at the cost of lower torque and power especially in first two gears. The first two gears are much taller than the manual. As the AT is more likely to be a personal vehicle and not a taxi, I guess Suzuki is hoping that it will not be as heavily loaded on inclines as the manual.

The taller 1st and 2nd gear also indicate this car should be very fuel efficient in the plains in city driving compared to the manual, unless the actual torque converter design is an old and inefficient one. The average speed in ARAI test runs is hardly 30-31kmph. That should mean a lot of time spent in lower gears. With AT gears so much taller than MT, AT fuel efficiency certified by ARAI should not have been less than the manual.

As I have suggested earlier, one even taller gear as the final gear (in both MT and AT versions) will help highway cruising while also quitening the engine. Still, as your data shows, the Ertiga should be as good a cruiser as the manual with such a tall AT fourth gear. This is really good data, and I hope the ratios are the same in the Indian version.

Now, back to wishing Suzuki gives us dark interiors for the bottom third of the car, cruise control and great noise insulation.please:

Quote:

Originally Posted by guptad42 (Post 4560900)
As I have suggested earlier, one even taller gear as the final gear (in both MT and AT versions) will help highway cruising while also quitening the engine. Still, as your data shows, the Ertiga should be as good a cruiser as the manual with such a tall AT fourth gear. This is really good data, and I hope the ratios are the same in the Indian version.

I would assume the ratios to be the same. I don't think it makes a lot of economic sense for an automaker to change gear ratios for the same vehicle-engine-specs combination for different markets.

Quote:

Originally Posted by guptad42 (Post 4560900)
Now, back to wishing Suzuki gives us dark interiors for the bottom third of the car, cruise control and great noise insulation.please:

agree: I had owned a Dzire VXi for three years before selling it off in 2017. I noticed that 100 km/h in that vehicle was louder than 120 km/h in a Grand i10. So, I wouldn't think it'd be any different in any other sub ₹12-lakh Maruti. As a side note, the engine note of K12 felt better than Hyundai's.

How much of real world economy can we expect from the new Ertiga ? With the previous gen, I was getting 12-13.5 in moderate traffic and about 14-15.5 on highways based on how far I travel. Now with the new version, there is an increase in power but the weight has also dropped . Is it safe to say that the economy stays the same if not more?

Ps. I am referring to the Petrol Manual Transmission .

Quote:

Originally Posted by keshav1426 (Post 4561418)
How much of real world economy can we expect from the new Ertiga ? With the previous gen, I was getting 12-13.5 in moderate traffic and about 14-15.5 on highways based on how far I travel. Now with the new version, there is an increase in power but the weight has also dropped . Is it safe to say that the economy stays the same if not more?

Ps. I am referring to the Petrol Manual Transmission .

I have completed 850kms on my Petrol Manual. 700kms of this was primarily highway/2 lane roads. MID figures were around 18kmpl with 70-80kmph speed. This is run in period so I was trying to be with in 2500RPM and did not accelerate and decelerate with an urge. I hope post run in, I should get around 15-16 in highway with my usual driving speed (around 90-100kmph). I am yet to make a note of city traffic conditions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vikred (Post 4561230)
I would assume the ratios to be the same. I don't think it makes a lot of economic sense for an automaker to change gear ratios for the same vehicle-engine-specs combination for different markets.

Yes, I agree. It's just that India has very large volumes for Suzuki. So, they sometimes make India specific tweaks. The Indian volumes take care of economies of scale. I hope Suzuki confirms the ratios for India model AT Ertiga. They should even advertise the highway cruise ability of the tall 4th gear, as lot of people will have the view that only 4 gears may not be enough for the highway.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vikred (Post 4561230)
agree: I had owned a Dzire VXi for three years before selling it off in 2017. I noticed that 100 km/h in that vehicle was louder than 120 km/h in a Grand i10. So, I wouldn't think it'd be any different in any other sub ₹12-lakh Maruti. As a side note, the engine note of K12 felt better than Hyundai's.

Suzuki's bad attitude towards NVH in India may have made commercial sense once upon a time when cost cutting and light weight were everything. Now the market is maturing, Suzuki is selling a lot of cars above 7 -8 lacs. And competition has made better use of the changing market by pushing safety (Nexon) and refinement and low NVH (most Hyundai models). Suzuki can make their cars very quite for much less per car cost than the competition. Road/tire noise, wind noise and engine and transmission noise all need to be tackled. Good insulation is inexpensive in large quantities.

They need to sell the comfort of quiteness in Baleno, Ertiga, Ciaz, even Brezza.

Update : Received an email from the dealer saying that allotment has been made and car is in transit. Expected to reach Chennai within 10-12 days . Magma Grey Zxi+. They want me to make full payment. Touch luck with that, I plan to pay only once the car has reached the stockyard. A small advance at best can be expected to keep them from cribbing :) Total time from booking to delivery is in the ball park of 3 months.

Toyota Ciaz & Toyota Ertiga in the works for India, Baleno out!

Source article

To me the new Ertiga already looked like a smaller Innova Crysta, and with the Toyota badge in the front, it's surely going to look like a mini Crysta I'm sure.

Ertiga Sport debuts in Indonesia - gets body kit,LED DRL's and all black interiors!

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-e1.jpeg

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-.jpeg
Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-b.jpeg
Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-c.jpeg
Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-ab0.jpeg

Quote:

In addition, there is a 6.8-inch touch screen head unit available

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-2.jpg

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-010.jpg

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-0.jpg

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-00.jpg

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-3.jpg

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-7.jpg

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-4.jpg

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-5.jpg

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-6.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9Lc-Xus7sc

Link

Quote:

Originally Posted by volkman10 (Post 4562928)
Ertiga Sport debuts in Indonesia - gets body kit,LED DRL's and all black interiors!

Is it the same blue which comes in Swift? Pearl Metallic Midnight Blue? I LOVE that colour! But no option currently in Ertiga.

Sorry, this might seem a whacky idea. stupid:

My Ertiga is Auburn Red. It is still with dealer, planning to register on Monday or Tuesday.
Is it possible to get it painted in this "Pearl Metallic Midnight Blue" shade and then go for registration?
Will it be allowed?
How much could it cost?
What could be advantage of doing it rather than later?
Can it be done any time or only after end of warranty?
What could be implications on insurance?

Thanks!!

Thanks to Ganesh Balaji for sending this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Quote:

Greetings!!!

I'm here to discuss about an audio issue that I'm experiencing in my recently bought Ertiga ZXI. The car was delivered on 27th December 2018.

The car has an issue with the Audio sound - The front speakers sound good whereas, the rear speakers sound very low and audio quality is also poor. I checked all the 4 speakers and all have the same brand and specs. This particular issue exists only in VXI and ZXI variants as they both share the same head unit. ZXI+ variant doesn’t have this issue as they share a different head unit. This issue was not disclosed in the Team-BHP Official Review (including Anurag's review) or in any other website reviews.

I checked few other Ertigas (Vxi & Zxi variants) as well and this issue exists. I registered a complaint on 5th of Jan'19 in the Maruti Suzuki website and officials replied that they are in the process of checking this issue with the concerned department. But so far, I didn’t get any favorable response from them.

Hence I decided to disclose this issue on a public forum where I can get some inputs from experts on dealing with this issue.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 4563297)
Thanks to Ganesh Balaji for sending this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

The old gen had a 6 speaker ( 4 regular + 2 tweeter) setup for Zxi and above. I am not sure if its the same configuration is on the new gen Ertiga. If so, maybe the lack of tweeters is causing this. Just my thought

Motorbeam renders the rebadged TOYOTA Ertiga

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-screenshot_20190323152950_twitter.jpg

Quote:

We have imagined the #Maruti Suzuki Ertiga in the Toyota rebadged avatar. From getting a new grille and headlights to the front bumper getting a new housing design for the fog lamps, we have given the Ertiga a complete 'Toyota Makeover’.
Motorbeam
Looks like a smaller Crysta, also bears resemblance to Toyota Rush.

https://t.co/xw6UTAqsyy

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 4563297)
Thanks to Ganesh Balaji for sending this information in.

Quote:

Originally Posted by keshav1426 (Post 4563471)
The old gen had a 6 speaker ( 4 regular + 2 tweeter) setup for Zxi and above. I am not sure if its the same configuration is on the new gen Ertiga. If so, maybe the lack of tweeters is causing this. Just my thought

The ZXi AT too comes with 6 speakers (4 speakers in the door base + 2 tweeters on front door sail panel) setup.

As the setup is same in 'Z' and 'Z+' models albeit a different HU, I'll blame the useless HU provided in the 'Z' variants for the lack of SQ as pointed by Ganesh Balaji Sir.

'V' variants don't get the tweeters too so SQ would be even horrible in those cars.:Frustrati

@ Ganesh Balaji Sir: can you please share images of the speakers provided in your car since you've opened the door pads?! Is it by Nippon Audiotronix?!

Hi all, the SA is offering ceramic coating at 18k incl three re-application every 6 months. Is it a good offer? How can I be sure of it's quality? Should I take this offer or go to 3M or such external branded service, which I am sure comes at a much higher cost?

Please share your opinions.