Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-2019marutiertigablackalloys11021x607.jpg

Source
AdityaDeane is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 21st February 2019, 17:45   #47
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishhm74 View Post
Will be taking delivery of my AT ZXI next week and I am doing my PDI today.
Can you please share if you have a checklist for the PDI?
Old 21st February 2019, 17:54   #48
BHPian

Without any offence to the review above and to the proud owners of Ertiga petrol, i would like to mention that 1.5L petrol motor makes a lot of noise compared to other 1.5L petrols that we know. My neighbor has recently bought one and everyday in the morning while i take my dog out for a walk, is the time he starts his car and leaves for office. The engine noise made me wonder if it is diesel powered or petrol powered. Only after his reply, i got convinced that it is a petrol motor. It is nowhere near to the Honda 1.5 petrol or Hyundai petrol. both of which are definitely a class above. Probably noise is one reason that Maruti has provided bonnet insulation and rear wheel cladding.
su1978 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2019, 19:55   #49
jpm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberwhizs View Post
What is that? Can you please explain. From the little i know of motion sickness - a soft suspension and vertical movement - bobbing are the prime culprits. Innova's generally offer pretty planted ride quality.
Actually I thought this was unique to our gene pool, considering the fact that Innova sells by the boatloads and the superlative praise it gets for its comfortable 'planted' ride. The body roll combined with the high seating position is the culprit I guess. Any MPV is going to roll but in my opinion Ertiga's car-like stance helps offset the problem to some extent.

Apparently, this complaint of mine with the Innova is not isolated. Upon inquiring people (who had the budget plus requirements for a large MPV but still ended up buying alternatives who were in a similar situation like me) got the unanimous answer 'But the back seats are nauseous!' which was exactly as my own family was experiencing. Anecdotes are not the best parameters for any conclusion but then this ride quality is a mystical thing. A separate poll thread, perhaps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarStruck View Post
Also, considering the lighter colour interiors and floor carpet, how are you managing that?
I had my seats removed on the day I took delivery and did full floor PVC carpeting. Then added black noodle mats. This keeps the floors manageable but the fabric seats are still a nightmare. I don't know why Maruti sticks on to these beige seats. A black/space gray version would have been easy on the eye as well.

Last edited by jpm : 21st February 2019 at 19:55. Reason: clean up
jpm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2019, 22:52   #50
Senior - BHPian

Guys what mileage to expect from petrol ertiga in daily office runs? I have roughly running of approx. 65 kms daily. I'm looking at zxi+. I am fine if it gives somewhere around 15 in city.

My timings are flexible and does not involve peak hour office traffic for most of the month.

Thanks.

Last edited by Aditya : 22nd February 2019 at 07:56. Reason: Typo
Old 22nd February 2019, 15:17   #51
Senior - BHPian

I had a chance to look at new Ertiga and here are my observations. Please note that I own Ertiga Vdi for last 2 years which I have driven for almost 40k kms till date.

1 New design is better than current design and car looks big now. Looks very classy from some angles.
2 Interiors are better now and Faux wood looks premium. Touch screen in top end models also feels better.
3 Space is one area where current Ertiga lags when it comes to 3rd row and boot space. New Ertiga has better space for 3rd row as well and can carry much more luggage now which is a big plus point.
4 Petrol models are really well priced and you get much more than what you pay IMHO, specially the Vxi model. Below 10 Lakhs OTR, you get such a big car with great engine, 7 (5+2) people carrying capacity, Maruti’s assured reliability and great A.S.S. Diesel models are little costly, approximately by 50K.
5 Maruti should have given couple of more color options. In current colors, I liked Silver and Brown (greyish) most.
6 15 Inch wheels do the job well but 16 Inch could have done better I guess. Alloy wheel design is neutral, nothing great. Nice alloys would have enhanced the looks for sure.

Maruti clearly has winner in hand and the waiting period of 20+ months just shows that. This model is surely going to be largest selling MPV in India in near future for sure. Guess with production ramped up, it can sell up to 8K cars per month consistently.
Old 22nd February 2019, 18:45   #52
RGK
Senior - BHPian

I went to the showroom in my native place (rural) and had a look at the car.

The waiting period is 22 weeks for Diesel and 24 weeks for Petrol, but the sales guy told most of the cars are delivered within 3 months and priority is given for bookings done in rural areas. I don't know how far this is true?
Old 22nd February 2019, 18:58   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
I went to the showroom in my native place (rural) and had a look at the car.

The waiting period is 22 weeks for Diesel and 24 weeks for Petrol, but the sales guy told most of the cars are delivered within 3 months and priority is given for bookings done in rural areas. I don't know how far this is true?
Yes. Maruti dealers in Delhi give the same timeline.
Old 23rd February 2019, 00:03   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
2019 Maruti Ertiga with Darkish Alloy Wheels spotted
Source
The tyres also seems to look alittle bigger. Has the profile changed for the top end ?
Old 23rd February 2019, 00:37   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshav1426 View Post
The tyres also seems to look alittle bigger. Has the profile changed for the top end ?
Can't say, not my discovery. Also, not clear on zooming in the pic as well. It may as well be due to the angle at which the pics have been clicked.
AdityaDeane is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2019, 01:04   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
Guys what mileage to expect from petrol ertiga in daily office runs? I have roughly running of approx. 65 kms daily. I'm looking at zxi+. I am fine if it gives somewhere around 15 in city.

My timings are flexible and does not involve peak hour office traffic for most of the month.

Thanks.
15 kmpl in city is unlikely. I own SX4 Zxi weighing 1250 kg with 1600 cc engine. In Pune city, it gives me around 13 kmpl with engine rpm between 1500 and 2000. On highways I get 16.5 to 17.5 kmpl.
Old 23rd February 2019, 16:04   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post

Thanks.
In bangalore, where it takes 30 mins to cover 5 kms, with 100% ac, ciaz zxi gives me 12 kmpl. I drive mostly in first and second gear and occasional third gear.

On few days when traffic is less, the mileage jumps to 14.5 kmpl.

Ertiga should give you similar or slightly lesser.

Please note these numbers are from the MDI reading and not tankful method. You may reduce 0.5 to 1 to the above readings.
Old 23rd February 2019, 16:23   #58
BHPian

While I admit the new Ertiga is an improvement over its old version, it still falls short of Marazzo. New Ertiga's rear looks a bit overdone to me with too much unnecessary creases. I had the chance to be chauffeured driven in the old Ertiga for a couple of weeks and the seating comfort was not to my liking in the middle row. Seat base and back support was absolutely flat like a wooden bench. From the picture atleast, it seems things haven't improved much in this new car either. Reviews from Bhpians will help find out.
Carpainter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2019, 17:46   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpainter View Post
While I admit the new Ertiga is an improvement over its old version, it still falls short of Marazzo.From the picture atleast, it seems things haven't improved much in this new car either. Reviews from Bhpians will help find out.
You maybe right about the seat comfort but a few things where the new Ertiga trumps the Marazzo

1. Petrol engine - Not everyone would need a diesel
2. AT - Though outdated it's still an auto and Marazzo hasn't released one yet . From the news I heard it's coming with an AMT
3. Boot space - The new Ertiga has a bigger boot ( 209 vs 190 ltrs ) . Though not by much , the 3rd row seat recline and the bottom compartment adds to the flexibility
4. Price - I think a whole 1-2 L cheaper than the Marazzo
5. Easy to drive especially in city and can't feel the bulk

Marazzo beats the Ertiga on built Quality and space. No doubt about that . This is my 2 cents
keshav1426 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2019, 19:03   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishrap View Post
Ertiga should give you similar or slightly lesser.
It will be lesser because of the gear ratios are different in Ertiga compared to Ciaz. I think it's because Ertiga is expected to carry more no people.

Most Viewed