Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2019, 07:50   #121
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_heart View Post
Hi all, the SA is offering ceramic coating at 18k incl three re-application every 6 months. Is it a good offer? How can I be sure of it's quality? Should I take this offer or go to 3M or such external branded service, which I am sure comes at a much higher cost?

Please share your opinions.
Somehow, when it comes to detailing stuff, you must stay away from the service centers even if the folks executing represent a brand here.

I would suggest to visit an independent center that specifically deals with detailing. Not only you will get something better but you will also have a place that specializes only in this and your car gets all the attention when work is being carried out.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2019, 11:38   #122

Hi, Has anyone done the 1st 1000 km inspection done ? Any recommended MASS in Navi Mumbai or between chembur - dadar ?
abhishek_shah is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2019, 11:47   #123
Senior - BHPian

Finally got the car this Saturday. As promised by Maruti Suzuki 20th March

Did not get to drive much as I had a very hectic weekend, but we managed to take her on a drive late night yesterday on NH4. Following are some quick observations compared to our earlier cars Linea and Brio :

- The bottom and mid-range were a pleasant surprise. The car pulls off very nicely on inclines too. It climbed up our parking ramp with 5 hefty people on board without revving the engine too hard. Overtaking was a breeze too with no need to downshift. I am still getting used to the fact that I wont have to shift to 2nd gear on speed bumps.

- The graph on the MID shows torque is reaching maximum from 2000 RPM onwards, that explains why it pulls so well.

- I haven't gone beyond 80 kmph as the NH4 bypass did not allow with lots of trucks and two wheelers, but there is a hint of engine noise at 80kmph, its not as irritating as the Multijet Diesel's clatter though. Definitely not a deal breaker.

- The best part is the space on offer ! With third row unused, we pushed the 2nd row all the way back and everyone could move our legs around !
Rear seat (2nd row) is comfortable, we sat 3 abreast and it was not a problem at all, yet to check 3rd row with a full house.

- The second row windows are so big, you almost feel like travelling in a Volvo bus. The C-pillar is way behind to obstruct any view.

- There was no body roll, at-least upto 75-80 kmph, nor did I experience the discomforting 'bobbing', it might be due to the fact that my brother was not hustling the car, but will give a final verdict on ride quality after some more time with the car. The car has been driven only on smooth roads so far.

- Steering is light and does not give any feedback (or maybe the Linea has spoiled me) But it gets the job done. I wish it was a little thicker to hold.

- Brakes lack initial bite, I am hoping that it is related to the car being new and will go away as the running-in completes.

- Low beam projector headlights have good spread and cutoff, but brightness levels are not great (The Brio was much better with Osram Nightbreakers), turning on fog lamps improves it, I might use the fog lamps almost always. High beam needs to be tested further, but the first date did not make me very happy, Either I need to set it to a lower level or the bulbs need to be replaced, I just could not find the bright 'hot spot'. (Was using Osram NB on Linea which were excellent)

- AC is good, I had apprehensions about its cooling capability but all doubts are clear. The fan for second row is pretty fast at level one (lowest speed) and throws air directly on your face or head which can be irritating for some, so need to shift the flow to right or left. I think that diffused mode which Marrazzo offers will be better.

- Build quality is just OK, panel gaps are uneven, especially around the bonnet. Doors need a little force to shut completely.

- AC blower speed knob feels a little loose (the Temperature knob doesn't), like a tooth about to fall. Not a problem for now, but definitely should not be subjected to abuse. Will see what Maruti has to say when I take it back to showroom to get number plates fitted.

Things to do:
- Learn about the music system ! Its a different subject now, I haven't tried anything except the radio. Sound quality is above average, but not as great as Harman by Tata. There is respectable bass and treble, but mids were muffled.

- Check tyre pressure, I felt the rear ones are a little over-inflated, will get them corrected if not.

- Read the owner's manual and SHVS system.

Parting shot from yesterday's drive ! I just realized I have only one good photo of the car
Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-ertiga.jpg

Last edited by NiInJa : 25th March 2019 at 12:07. Reason: Addition
NiInJa is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 25th March 2019, 13:19   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiInJa View Post
Finally got the car this Saturday. As promised by Maruti Suzuki 20th March
Parting shot from yesterday's drive ! I just realized I have only one good photo of the car
Attachment 1862594

How much did you pay for the accessories ( Seat Covers , Side Beading and spoiler if applicable) . Please post some pics of the interior if you have them. Thanks
Old 26th March 2019, 14:50   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshav1426 View Post
How much did you pay for the accessories ( Seat Covers , Side Beading and spoiler if applicable) . Please post some pics of the interior if you have them. Thanks
Sorry, I just havent been able to take the car out, will definitely put some more photos by weekend.

The total cost came to 14,000 after haggling with them. The breakup they gave was:

Seat Covers : 11,000
Visors : 1500
Side Mouldings: 1500
Mats : 1800
Total : 16000 INR

They gave me a Ganesh Idol and perfume complimentary
NiInJa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2019, 15:11   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiInJa View Post
They gave me a Ganesh Idol and perfume complimentary
When I checked, this too was not complimentary. Cost of around 6.5k is added as Basic kit. This includes foot mat, Perfume, some cleaning kit, God idol and number plate.
I mailed them to exclude whole thing. They said an explicit declaration is needed from customer. But they said number plate is mandatory. At a cost of Rs.400, I relented.

The SA and accessories guy were very enthusiastic about "ceramic" coating. I checked about this with 3M.
Quoting as heard:
There are 3 options:
- Normal polish and coating ~6k (what everybody calls Teflon coating)
- Paint and water protect ~25k (ceramic coating)
- scratch resistant panels ~ 550/sqft (like screen guard)

After hearing this, I decided to go for this little later.

Another topic is about insurance. I know a lot has already been covered.

Maruti is offering comprehensive for 1yr+ 3rd party for 2 more. Costs around 36k. If we want to go for comprehensive for all 3 yrs, cost is around 64k. I went with first, at risk or paying 16k additional if I want to switch over to comprehensive for all 3 yrs.

Last edited by Eddy : 29th March 2019 at 15:28. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the same thread.
Old 29th March 2019, 14:27   #127
Senior - BHPian

Folks the Ertiga Automatic booked by my colleague long long ago has finally been dispatched from factory and has reached Dabbaspete. He is planning to take delivery possibly on Ugadi day as it is auspicious.
  1. What is the Tire Size of the Ertiga Auto Zxi?
  2. Do we get the Michelin Primacy 4ST in this tire size? If not, what is the recommended upsize spec.
  3. What brand of tires is Maruti providing the tires with? I do understand there would be multiple brands but what are people seeing typically?

I have recommended my colleague to change the tires immediately if it is any brand other than Bridgestone/Michelin.

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 29th March 2019 at 14:52.
Old 29th March 2019, 14:58   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
I have recommended my colleague to change the tires immediately if it is any brand other than Bridgestone/Michelin.
I don't see the need for such a recommendation. Here is a quote from a bhpian who is a tyre expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Nope. Nothing is worth an upgrade from the Apollos. Dont go by reviews online. Most reviews are of people comparing worn out tyres at the end of their lives with brand new Michelins or Yokohamas or whatever.

Brand new Apollos to Brand new anything else wont be worth the money unless the brand new something is some super high end tyre like Michelin PS4 or Yokohama Advan Sports (which arent available in your size).

I think I've explained enough! It feels like I'm repeating the same things again and again!
Nimalan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2019, 15:35   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimalan View Post
I don't see the need for such a recommendation. Here is a quote from a bhpian who is a tyre expert
Do all Ertigas come with just this one tire type from Apollo? No MRFs or Goodyears ?

I looked up the tire size and it is 185/65R15 and the Michelin Primacy 4ST is not available in this size.
Old 29th March 2019, 15:52   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Do all Ertigas come with just this one tire type from Apollo? No MRFs or Goodyears ?

I looked up the tire size and it is 185/65R15 and the Michelin Primacy 4ST is not available in this size.
I think you missed the context completely. I never meant it comes with Apollo.

It is not worth changing your brand new stock tyres(Whichever brand you get) to your preferred brand in the same category unless you are either upsizing or going for some high-end tyres. Its just waste of money. Instead, use it for some 30k+ kms and then change to your preferred brand.
Old 29th March 2019, 16:01   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think you missed the context completely. I never meant it comes with Apollo.

It is not worth changing your brand new stock tyres(Whichever brand you get) to your preferred brand in the same category unless you are either upsizing or going for some high-end tyres. Its just waste of money. Instead, use it for some 30k+ kms and then change to your preferred brand.
Got what you said now, I beg to differ then irrespective of whom the recommendation comes from Since the example spoke about Apollo I assumed that you meant it as Apollo. The buyback rate if done instantly is very good. Why wait 30K when you can have the brand of your choice at just a few thousand more - just my personal opinion with due respect to the experts and in fact once the tires are changed we intend to go to the tire shop owned by this very expert for WA & WB...

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 29th March 2019 at 16:02.
Old 29th March 2019, 16:18   #132
BANNED

Quote:
  1. What is the Tire Size of the Ertiga Auto Zxi?
  2. Do we get the Michelin Primacy 4ST in this tire size? If not, what is the recommended upsize spec.
  3. What brand of tires is Maruti providing the tires with? I do understand there would be multiple brands but what are people seeing typically?
Answers are as below:

1. 185/65 R15. Same size as older generation.

2. Check their website. I think XM2 is available in this size.

3. My car has Bridgestone Ecopia EP150 (Check my thread for details on tyre).
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2019, 20:39   #133
BHPian

Quote:
I looked up the tire size and it is 185/65R15
Hey, its the same size as my swift's. It comes in either Bridgestone Ecopia 150 or Apollo Alnac 4G. Guess it should apply to Ertiga too. If you know someone in the dealer or have a good rapport with them, you could get the request fulfilled at the dealer itself.

Cheers!
Old 30th March 2019, 19:29   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey, its the same size as my swift's. It comes in either Bridgestone Ecopia 150 or Apollo Alnac 4G. Guess it should apply to Ertiga too. If you know someone in the dealer or have a good rapport with them, you could get the request fulfilled at the dealer itself.

Cheers!
The dealerships wont agree to change the tires - since its all factory fitted. I tried this during my Honda City Delivery in 2014 and then recently in 2017 when my cousin took delivery of his Ciaz at Nexa. They simply refused to swap tires with a different brand even if it was available with another vehicle in the stock yard. So we had to do the swapping ourselves at tire shops.

During the Ciaz tire swap we faced the same issue - and stuck to XM2 with 185/65R15 as Primacy series is not available in that size.

Would 195/60R15 cause too much of a deviation for the Ertiga - any suggestions/recommendations are welcome?
Old 30th March 2019, 20:22   #135
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Would 195/60R15 cause too much of a deviation for the Ertiga - any suggestions/recommendations are welcome?
Ideal upgrade options:
195 60 and 205 60. I have used 205 60 for over 90000 Km without a single issue. Now since last 60000 Km I am on 195 65 instead of 195 60 and again haven't faced a single issue. With 195 60 I didn't want to lose on GC. With 195 65 I gained some over stock GC.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks