Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2019, 13:12   #166
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Maruti has launched the Ertiga 1.5 Diesel at a starting price of 9.86 L for VDI variant.

https://www.carwale.com/news/maruti-...-rs-986-lakhs/
Old 1st May 2019, 13:28   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_heart View Post
Crossed 970kms in 1 month. Will be delivering for first service tomorrow.
One issue I found while doing ascending right helical car parks is a slight screeching noise, most probably from front wheels. Any one faced this issue?
Anything to keep in mind for the first service?
Sorry if this reaches you late. First service is just a general check up plus top of fluids if needed. Nothing is charged. Is your version an automatic ? If not you may want to check the mileage . Unless your always driving in bumper to bumper traffic , it seems a bit low . Considering it's a 1.5 Litre engine , a minimum of 10 kmpl is expected . It will definitely go up after the 10k km mark. Let us know how your service went and time taken. Mine is going in on Friday or sat . Current mileage is 12kmpl but I avoid b2b traffic as much as possible By the way once service is done , you can view the car details on the Maruti Suzuki App.
keshav1426 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2019, 16:37   #168
BHPian

Yes, mine is automatic one. How do you read the correct mileage? It continuously varies. I have seen Average value showing Max of 18 and min of 8.

Update after first service:
There was no cost levied for service but 300/- for consumables. They also pushed for "rat mesh". From the looks of it, it seems like a default prescription. I asked them to show where it is installed. They said it's not easily accessible. I smell something fishy. This costed 600/-. I also asked them to install MGA window rain protection visor. This was at cost of 1400/-. Total bill was 2433/-.

Now after service I felt the car has better response. Today went on a short drive with 5 adults and 1 child. I could feel the car putting some effort untill first two gear changes but nothing as such to complain about.
Old 2nd May 2019, 12:30   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, mine is automatic one. How do you read the correct mileage? It continuously varies. I have seen Average value showing Max of 18 and min of 8. Now after service I felt the car has better response. Today went on a short drive with 5 adults and 1 child. I could feel the car putting some effort untill first two gear changes but nothing as such to complain about.
I expected 10-11 on the AT variant. Try driving with a relaxed foot and not to revv the engine too hard. You can also get the car to change gears by accelerating a little and then slightly taking your foot off the pedal. The vehicle will usually move to the next gear.
keshav1426 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2019, 14:36   #170
BHPian

First Service Update

Car was taken for 1st service yesterday. Odometer was at 700 kms but the 1 month time limit was almost over. It was just a check up and nothing major was done. Got the car back in 1.5 hours with bill of 0. They insisted on under chassis coating along with exhaust coating. This costs about 2800 + 1800 . Decided to think over it and possibly do it at the 5000 kms mark.

Last edited by keshav1426 : 5th May 2019 at 14:38.
keshav1426 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th May 2019, 23:12   #171
BHPian

Just an update - at 3.9K kms around 3 months of ownership.

1. Fuel efficiency hovers around 14 - 15 kmpl, at regular highway speeds of 90-110 kmph, above that it dips to 13.

2. Car is steady at 120 kmph. engine has a throaty roar though. It is zippy if i may say so.

3. Accelerates well with a full load, at inclines etc. Never feels out of power at sane driving speeds.

4. Tyre noise, engine noise, road noise do filter in at higher speeds.

5. Am finding the clutch and accelerator "heavy". developed knee pain for the first time when driving for a long duration - approx 12 hours. May be it is just age catching up, but i distinctly remember my test drive car had a lighter clutch than the one i drive, i had raised it during the first service, they checked - said all is well. Never faced this knee issue when driving extended periods with my other vehicles.

6. Checking/Filling air in the stepney is a problem. I have to reverse the tyre so that the filling nozzle is accessible. Most air filling guys will ask you to take a walk. Check the orientation before you head for a long drive.

7. We have a rattler in the making. try keeping your windows half rolled at higher speeds - you will observe at least one of them vibrating away to glory. As time goes by - it is sure to create a racket.

8. ICICI Fastag - came with the car - customer services sucks - spent a lot of time with them over phone, tried to get it touch with their point of sale guys -- all missing from their posts at designated toll booths. I have a faulty tag and finding it difficult to get it replaced. If you must FasTag - try some other bank.

9. If you are graduating from a hatch or sedan, take special care when reversing or moving through tight spaces like building compound pillars, basement pillars etc. It is easy to nick it. Had a tough time extricating myself from a hotel basement couple of days ago, thankful to the security guard out there who helped me out.
cyberwhizs is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th May 2019, 14:40   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshav1426 View Post
I expected 10-11 on the AT variant.
Did a full tank to full tank calculation today. With only city driving and completely on AC. Mileage is 8.1 kmpl. Pretty disappointing frankly. I have not been very aggressive in driving. Mine is automatic. What is the mileage other automatic ones are delivering? Please share.
rich_heart is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2019, 12:08   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Did a full tank to full tank calculation today. With only city driving and completely on AC. Mileage is 8.1 kmpl. Pretty disappointing frankly. I have not been very aggressive in driving. Mine is automatic. What is the mileage other automatic ones are delivering? Please share.
Sorry to hear but dense traffic and auto gearbox dont go well in terms of economy. It makes up for it by giving your left leg a good rest Wait till the first oil change at 10k kms. I suspect that the mileage will stabilize at 10-11 kmpl . Try a long drive once in a while , I wont be surprised if you see 15kmpl average on empty tarmac.
Old 9th May 2019, 21:25   #174
Senior - BHPian

Talking of mileage, I haven't been getting anything above 12 kmpl so far at 800 km and 40 days of ownership, but the thing is I've been driving in jam-packed Pune city where metro construction is going on, with AC on at all times. It drops to 10.8-11 kmpl in worst case scenarios.

First service was nothing much, asked the guy to check why rear door window rattles, his answer: there is a 'play' deliberately kept for these windows didn't pursue the matter with him, I am more of a DIY guy, so will find the reason myself and tell him if he can fix it next time and then escalate it. Got a wax polish done by service center guys for 300 rupees thats all. Oil will be changed at 3rd service.
Old 14th May 2019, 13:38   #175
Senior - BHPian

*Update*
Android Auto suddenly does not work on my Ertiga !

Our friends planned the 2019 IPL final showdown in a farmhouse located in a remote place. The car was more of a disappointment this time

1. Android auto showed on phone but the music player still displayed "Please connect a phone" message. We tried it with a different phone, with a different USB cable but did not work. Upon connecting the phone with Bluetooth, Android auto app was getting opened automatically on the phone but not on the device, so could not connect bluetooth too. I had to uninstall Android Auto from my phone. We also did a factory reset of the music player but it didn't work. My guess is I need a better quality USB cable or check if the player needs an update as the phone is 'charging' when cable is connected. I can recall that few days back AA (Android Auto) was working properly but the music player had crashed twice while driving. For reference I am using Samsung Galaxy S7 edge and the other phone was Motorola G6.

2. In built navigation is SO clumsy to use !
With AA not working, we decided to use the inbuilt navigation, but unlike other countries where locations are mapped with a proper PIN number we don't have that luxury here. The farm house was tagged on google maps, but we could not find the village's name or even the closest major village on the in-built navigation. Searching a close location near Pune too was such a pain that we gave up and switched to our phones' google map completely. My partially drunk friend was my navigator and music jockey and he did a better job than these electronic gadgetry. While returning, I found that the best way to use in-built navigation very quickly would be to enter exact co-ordinates (yes, military stuff, which you will get from Google maps) and let the device get the route for you which is fairly accurate. People planning on expeditions should probably use this technique when mobile coverage is not possible.

3. Fuel consumption dropped to 9 kmpl with AC on, might be because the car was fully loaded with 5 heavily built individuals and lots of luggage and supplies in the trunk.

4. It was not exactly smooth, the engine felt pretty gruff with full load, not that it was hestitant to climb ghats or was losing power, it just did so with a lot of noise. Once again proves that its not as smooth as Honda engines. Braking again felt way too weak with more than heavy load. I need to research how I can improve it without voiding the 5 year warranty.

5. The heavy load had only one big advantage: the ride quality on extremely bad roads was excellent.Coming from a Fiat Linea, I was used to loud thuds and crashes and hated extremely bad/ in-existent roads, but I could not feel anything with the Ertiga, she just glided like a boat.
NiInJa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2019, 11:52   #176
BHPian

Adding my two cents on people looking at the mileage part.

Couple of weeks in bengaluru traffic, mileage dips to single digits, cannot blame the vehicle as such it takes 90 odd minutes to cover a distance of 19 km, that is an average of 12 km per hour, driving mostly in 1st and 2nd gears. Found auto start stop is pretty useful in these conditions.

These numbers were at 0700 hours in the morning and and 2230 in the night - early morning/late night drive to try and beat the traffic. Alas, did not succeed.
cyberwhizs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2019, 19:37   #177
BHPian

Can anyone confirm if the zxi+ comes with a remote for the music system ? I couldn't find one and forgot to ask the dealership. My old gen Ertiga had one but that wasn't a touchscreen. So just thought of being sure. TIA
Old 17th May 2019, 20:43   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshav1426 View Post
Can anyone confirm if the zxi+ comes with a remote for the music system ? I couldn't find one and forgot to ask the dealership. My old gen Ertiga had one but that wasn't a touchscreen. So just thought of being sure. TIA
The SmartPlay audio system doesn't come with a separate remote in the Baleno, so I assume it is the same in other cars with the same system.

If you really need the functionality there is a mobile app for remotely controlling the HU.
Old 17th May 2019, 20:47   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhinav_2502 View Post
The SmartPlay audio system doesn't come with a separate remote in the Baleno, so I assume it is the same in other cars with the same system.

If you really need the functionality there is a mobile app for remotely controlling the HU.
Are you referring to the smartplay remote / dock. I think it works only with the Wagon R and Baleno
Old 17th May 2019, 20:55   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidcruise79 View Post
Are you referring to the smartplay remote / dock. I think it works only with the Wagon R and Baleno
Nope, referring to the SmartPlay system in the pre facelift unit which is the one in the likes of Ertiga, Ciaz, S-cross etc. The newer Baleno and Wagon-R have the SmartPlay Studio unit if I'm right.
Abhinav_2502 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks