Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2019, 19:30   #196
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhav View Post
Folks, I'm at the verge of booking a 7 seater automatic and torn between the Ertiga and the BRV. I have done my research and both of them come up with a fair share of positives and negatives.
I would have suggested Ertiga eyes closed but with heartect platform I have multiple hesitations. I have 2016 Ertiga which is based on older platform and is quite good. I did not explore Honda territory for 7 seaters since I found Ertiga a good package in all aspects including resale.
As a suggestion I feel get more data on both and make your own choice here. Hondas will be stronger than newer Marutis in my opinion. But again get more info.
Old 10th June 2019, 12:39   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
I would have suggested Ertiga eyes closed but with heartect platform I have multiple hesitations.
Rajiv, what is your hesitation with the new platform? Do you see any major issues with this platform?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiInJa View Post
I was in a similar confusion before I booked the Ertiga ! I sold our Honda Brio before booking the Ertiga, Honda Brio had poor resale value, but the car never gave any problems for the last 6 years of ownership. The BR-V will probably be the same, great car but a poor resale value. So if you are planning to keep the car for a long time, owning a BR-V should not be a problem. Honda is going to stay here unlike GM or Fiat
Like you said the Honda is much better as a whole package. However, if you ignore the engine and safety which is superior with the BRV, and start comparing feature by feature, there are a few that Ertiga does better and a few that BRV does better. Resale value, the newness of the product, a slightly better 3rd seat gives Ertiga the edge, but the 4-speed auto and looooong waiting period of 24-26 weeks is a major turn off. I can bring home the BRV in 15 days but by paying a whopping Rs.3.5L extra!! The engine, safety, and overall build tilt it in the favor of the Honda. But with its poor sales and no 2019 refresh, it could well be on the chopping block. Rs.3.5L for a product that could go out of production? Gosh! I can't make up my mind.

I'm going in circles with these options and don't feel like any one point will help me make up my mind.
I guess, irrespective of which car I pick, I will probably always keep thinking that I have made the wrong decision!
madhav is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2019, 13:00   #198
BHPian

@madhav, I discarded the BRV since its internal width and hence the effective shoulder room seemed to be inadequate to house 3 adults in middle row. Drivability I have learnt is better in the BRV but then again people go to MPV segment since they need all rounders. So you have to weigh in what factors are more important for you.

I am still contemplating which 7 seater to go for but like @rajivtelang said I am skeptical about the build quality of the Ertiga in terms of the sheet metal quality outside as evident from few accident pics of the Baleno

Talking about build quality, did you consider TATA Hexa and Renault Lodgy?

Last edited by haisaikat : 10th June 2019 at 13:07.
Old 10th June 2019, 16:44   #199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Rajiv, what is your hesitation with the new platform? Do you see any major issues with this platform?
Quote:
Originally Posted by haisaikat View Post
I am still contemplating which 7 seater to go for but like @rajivtelang said I am skeptical about the build quality of the Ertiga in terms of the sheet metal quality outside as evident from few accident pics of the Baleno.
You got it right. With Swift at 2 stars and Ignis at 3 stars safety rating I have no confidence on this platform at all. Fortunately the Ertiga I have is a little better since it is based on older platform. I feel the only worth buying car left is Brezza since all others have switched to heartect.
It is worth giving a try for Tata cars now. I switched to Tiago after exchanging my Santro xing and am finding Tiago a real nice and tough car.
rajivtelang is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2019, 08:00   #200
BHPian

Quote:
You got it right. With Swift at 2 stars and Ignis at 3 stars safety rating I have no confidence on this platform at all. Fortunately the Ertiga I have is a little better since it is based on older platform. I feel the only worth buying car left is Brezza since all others have switched to heartect.
It is worth giving a try for Tata cars now. I switched to Tiago after exchanging my Santro xing and am finding Tiago a real nice and tough car.
The S-Cross is also based on a different platform to heartec, and at a small premium over the Brezza is a much better vehicle. If you have the budget for it, stretch for the S-Cross.
Old 11th June 2019, 08:49   #201
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish3 View Post
The S-Cross is also based on a different platform to heartec, and at a small premium over the Brezza is a much better vehicle. If you have the budget for it, stretch for the S-Cross.
I think one has to think about BS-VI now as far as diesel is concerned. Any idea about S-Cross' future with BS-VI?
Old 11th June 2019, 14:38   #202
BANNED

Has anyone seen this?

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/69722744.cms

That's a brand new Ertiga
Old 11th June 2019, 14:55   #203
BANNED

Great common-sense by the driver to adventure into the beach with the Ertiga. Feel bad for that Ertiga though. I'm out of words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohansrides View Post
That's a brand new Ertiga
It is the older generation sir.

Last edited by a4anurag : 11th June 2019 at 14:57.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2019, 22:34   #204
Senior - BHPian

2019 Maruti Ertiga Sport BS6 spied in India for the first time

Source Article

Quote:
Launch is scheduled by Diwali 2019 festive period. It will be sold via NEXA dealers.

To cater to the needs of high-end customers, Maruti is working to launch a luxurious 6-seat variant of Ertiga. It is this SUV which has now been spied on test for the first time.

To be called Maruti Ertiga Sport, the primary change will be captain seats that will replace the existing bench seat in middle row. Once launched, 6-seater variant will become the top-spec of second generation Ertiga.

Since it will cater to the needs of high-end customers, 6-seater Ertiga will be sold through the premium Nexa dealerships.

2018 Ertiga competes with rivals such as Mahindra Marazzo, Renault Lodgy and even Toyota Innova Crysta. All these MPVs already have 6-seater variants, so it’s natural for Ertiga to follow suit.

Second row is usually occupied by the most important people and 6-seater Ertiga will offer them a premium travelling experience. There will be more space and added comfort as well as premium features such as faux leather seats. Existing top-end version of Ertiga has premium fabric seats.

Powering the new Ertiga will be all new 1.5 liter petrol BS6 engine option. It is not clear if diesel engine will be on offer or not with Ertiga, as Maruti has announced plans to discontinue diesel engine post April 2020.

Speaking about design changes, expect the new Ertiga Sport to feature revised bumper on the front as well as rear. This will make the Ertiga look more sportier than it is today. A glimpse of the same was given a few weeks back, when Ertiga GT was launched in Indonesia.

Thanks to the updates on the outside and on the inside, Ertiga Sport will be priced about Rs 50k higher than the regular Ertiga top end variant. More details will be revealed closer to launch date.
Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-2019marutiertigasporttestindiaspied2768x509.jpg

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-2019marutiertigasporttestindiaspied3768x447.jpg

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-2019marutiertigasporttestindiaspied1768x435.jpg
AdityaDeane is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th June 2019, 09:37   #205
BHPian

The Man behind Maruti Suzuki’s Ertiga & Eeca bows out after 36 years

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-ivrao2.jpg

Former head of R&D and Director of Maruti Suzuki Centre for excellence, I V Rao has stepped down. During his tenure, apart from developing a low cost five-seater Van Eeco he also gave Maruti Suzuki one of the highest selling MPVs - Ertiga. He was also part of “Make in India” platform which now underpins Wagon R, Swift, and Dzire.

The man stunned Japan and global carmakers by developing a five-seater van in just two years with a material cost of Rs 48,000 i.e less than 20 percent of the rival model.

Related Article
jailbird_fynix is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th June 2019, 12:18   #206
BHPian

Quote:
I'm going in circles with these options and don't feel like any one point will help me make up my mind.
I guess, irrespective of which car I pick, I will probably always keep thinking that I have made the wrong decision!
I have been in your shoes when choosing a car and can completely comprehend your dilemma here. After 3 years of intense research and taking test drives of 2 dozen+ cars, I weighed the pros and cons of sedans, compact sedans, compact SUVs, MPVs, SUVs etc. I had even considered the Ertiga and still like it. Ultimately, last month I booked the Venue. What should have been a happy conclusion has left me more confused I keep looking at other options and still debate in my mind - 'is this the right choice?' 'wish I had checked that other car again' and 'wish I had waited a little longer for the upcoming new launches'!!

Quote:
I think one has to think about BS-VI now as far as diesel is concerned. Any idea about S-Cross' future with BS-VI?
I believe Maruti has announced that it will discontinue diesel engines from April 1, 2020 and accordingly S-Cross does not seem to have a future with BS-VI diesel atleast.

Last edited by CarStruck : 19th June 2019 at 12:33.
Old 24th June 2019, 02:30   #207
BANNED

Hey guys,

Just sharing this incident here, if any of you have faced the same please share your experience and how you got the issue solved.

Brand New Suzuki Ertiga's Brake Fails after 260km's
Old 24th June 2019, 13:02   #208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarStruck View Post
I believe Maruti has announced that it will discontinue diesel engines from April 1, 2020 and accordingly S-Cross does not seem to have a future with BS-VI diesel atleast.
They would discontinue the 1.3 MJD1 from their cars , not entirely without diesel. The 1.5D would eventually get plonked under the hood of Ertiga, Ciaz, Brezza and S-Cross. Swift, Baleno and Ignis would likely stay petrol-only.
Old 24th June 2019, 14:40   #209
BHPian

Hello All

Did a 400 km road trip with 6 adults , 1 child plus luggage for 2 days. The vehicle performed well with the below points in mind

1. Luggage threshold has increased considerably with the hidden compartment plus reclining feature . Took in 4 large duffel bags and some smaller items . This was not possible with the first gen Ertiga
2. No lag on the engine. It didn't feel underpowered at all and was able to cruise comfortably at 80-100 kmph
3. Brakes - This is an area of concern. We need to plan our stops in advance. It is definitely weaker than the previous model.
4. Mileage - I got about 11.2 kmpl with full load, ac on all the time and 40 degree heat. I am not sure if it will increase . The previous gen gave me 13 kmpl but my present car has run only 2000 kms.
5. The vehicle was stable all the time . I did maintain speeds between 80-100 kmph. What I noticed was after the 80 speed mark , the ride does tend to get wobbly especially on uneven roads. Till then it's very smooth .

Overall very happy with the purchase. All the shortcomings of the first gen have been taken care of and the added space in the 3rd row and boot is very much noticeable . I had a 6 footer in the last row for 2 hours and he was able to notice a clear difference in space from the first gen.
keshav1426 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2019, 12:31   #210
BHPian

Just an update - 5000 kms, 6 months up. 2 nd service done.

1. Service advisor sells me windshield wash - 80Rs, i say last time around i got it for around 30 Rs - first service was done enroute my long trp, He reply - "we give extra packet to keep in your glove box' . With onset of the monsoon, i see the windshield fogging up quite a bit, unless the wipers are on, the external side fogs up even if there is no rain. Any solutions ?

2. Couple of minor scratches/dents courtesy the trees in my building and couple of autowallahs who brushed past when the vehicle was stationary. Got it touched up - messy results.

3. Reverse gear does not slot correctly - i had raised it during first service also, now it slots more easily but the smoothness of slotting the other gears has become worse.

4. Lithium battery - reconfirmed that it never charges to full 5 bars. hovers at 3.

5. Tyre rotation is only performed if you do wheel alignment and balancing. This was news to me.

6. Filling air in the spare tyre implies lowering the tyre, the wheel does not sit the other way around, This is a bit of hassle every time one wants to get the pressure checked.

In general, so far so good.

Last edited by cyberwhizs : 8th July 2019 at 12:33.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks