Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2019, 19:51   #331
BHPian

What is the FE of different powertrains of Ertiga (petrol, diesel, AT) in city driving?
Old 9th December 2019, 22:14   #332
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejithkk View Post
How is the A/C cooling, when the temperature hovers to red? I suggest you to check this with the ASS at the earliest. When my Wagon R had shown similar behavior, it was due to the radiator fan was not working.
Thanks Sreejith, along with AC cooling, all other electricals are also working fine without any issues. I will have this problem checked, thanks for your suggestion.
Old 11th December 2019, 18:06   #333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo_coder View Post
What is the FE of different powertrains of Ertiga (petrol, diesel, AT) in city driving?
Hi - on my 13 day old [young?] Diesel Ertiga [1.5 litre engine], am getting 17.1 kmpl inside city, with NO load. On long drives [4 people, lots of luggage], am getting almost same [i.e. 17.2 kmpl]. The figures are from MID. I know its early days and am hoping these numbers to increase!
Old 11th December 2019, 19:05   #334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiMaGo View Post
Hi - on my 13 day old [young?] Diesel Ertiga [1.5 litre engine], am getting 17.1 kmpl inside city, with NO load. On long drives [4 people, lots of luggage], am getting almost same [i.e. 17.2 kmpl]. The figures are from MID. I know its early days and am hoping these numbers to increase!
Thanks. The city number is very good indeed.
Old 11th December 2019, 21:09   #335
BHPian

Quote:
On my 10 Month and 7000 KM old Petrol Manual Ertiga, I am getting an overall FE of 14.5 kmpl (which include 30% city ,40% local roads, where traffic is less but due to bad road condition, constantly need to shift to 3rd/2nd gear and 30 % highway)
When more highway driving is involved, I used to get around 16 kmpl. 90% of the time, there would be 5-6 adults in the car and Auto A/C is set to 25 degree)
Old 11th December 2019, 21:24   #336
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejithkk View Post
On my 10 Month and 7000 KM old Petrol Manual Ertiga, I am getting an overall FE of 14.5 kmpl (which include 30% city ,40% local roads, where traffic is less but due to bad road condition, constantly need to shift to 3rd/2nd gear and 30 % highway)
When more highway driving is involved, I used to get around 16 kmpl. 90% of the time, there would be 5-6 adults in the car and Auto A/C is set to 25 degree)
Thank you. This is very good for a 7 seater petrol. I think the AT should give about 1 kmpl less?
Old 11th December 2019, 22:11   #337
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you. This is very good for a 7 seater petrol. I think the AT should give about 1 kmpl less?
Mine is Petrol AT, with 60:40 city traffic: free roads. Temp set at 25, and AC always on. Car has run around 6.5k KMS. I could muster at best 12.5kmpl as per MID.
I have observed that the MID values have to be taken with a pinch of salt
When I fill petrol and immediately take express ways, it shows unbelievable figure. I have seen almost 18kmpl.
In reality, with full tank to full tank calculation, I previously observed 10kmpl, where MID shown 11kmpl.
However, I feel a realistic approach is to measure it the traditional way, with a measured quantity of fuel and over moderate traffic roads.
Old 11th December 2019, 22:17   #338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_heart View Post
Mine is Petrol AT, with 60:40 city traffic: free roads. Temp set at 25, and AC always on. Car has run around 6.5k KMS. I could muster at best 12.5kmpl as per MID.
I have observed that the MID values have to be taken with a pinch of salt
When I fill petrol and immediately take express ways, it shows unbelievable figure. I have seen almost 18kmpl.
In reality, with full tank to full tank calculation, I previously observed 10kmpl, where MID shown 11kmpl.
However, I feel a realistic approach is to measure it the traditional way, with a measured quantity of fuel and over moderate traffic roads.
10 kmpl is not bad in city.

Problem for me is - Maruti doesn't have any test drive vehicle in AT. Why so much cost cutting? If cars selling 1000 units a month can afford to keep test cars, why can't Maruti, for cars selling 10k per month?
Old 11th December 2019, 22:46   #339
BANNED

Quote:

The problem for me is - Maruti doesn't have any test drive vehicle in AT.
Why not go to NEXA and TD the XL6 in 1.5L Petrol AT? Should give the same feel as TD'ing the Ertiga. You can TD the Ciaz too with the same engine + gearbox combo.

Last edited by a4anurag : 11th December 2019 at 22:48.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2019, 00:16   #340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Why not go to NEXA and TD the XL6 in 1.5L Petrol AT? Should give the same feel as TD'ing the Ertiga. You can TD the Ciaz too with the same engine + gearbox combo.
Hmm, good idea. Ciaz I have tested last year, as soon as it was launched (with the plastics on seats )
Old 12th December 2019, 00:20   #341
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay_J View Post
Technically where does this car stands as compare to the new triber? Considering the price especially. I was planning to by ertiga but heard that triber is going to be launched with turbo engine, that made me more confused. Owners/experts please shed some light, is this really car worth 2-3 lacs more that triber ?
There is no simply no comparison in Triber and Ertiga just based on seats. It is like comparing WagonR with Jazz just because they have same number of seats and 1.2 engines. The segments are clearly different. See the Triber in flesh, it doesn’t compare to Ertiga at all. It is not surprising, given they are clearly from different segments.
ani_meher is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2019, 10:17   #342
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay_J View Post
Technically where does this car stands as compare to the new triber? Considering the price especially. I was planning to by ertiga but heard that triber is going to be launched with turbo engine, that made me more confused. Owners/experts please shed some light, is this really car worth 2-3 lacs more that triber ?
"Totally " is the answer to your question. (Underlined above.)
The only similarity in these cars is seat count & body shape. Yes the Triber does look good & can easily be considered an Ertiga like car with just a little smaller size. But thats where the similarity ends.

Mechanicals, capabilities, comfort, features are all totally different. Drive them and you'll understand. In fact now that you ask, with this comparison. the 2-3 lakhs premium for an Ertiga actually seems less! Its more than justified. Just the Suzuki engine in the Ertiga is worth that premium IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
There is no simply no comparison in Triber and Ertiga just based on seats. It is like comparing WagonR with Jazz just because they have same number of seats and 1.2 engines. The segments are clearly different. See the Triber in flesh, it doesn’t compare to Ertiga at all. It is not surprising, given they are clearly from different segments.
+1
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2019, 18:47   #343
BHPian

Folks,

Received a call from the dealer - related to a recall. It is probably related to this
https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/72397902.cms

Will let you know when i get it checked.

approx 7K kms in 11 months, things are ok. Haven't been driving much. City figures - 9.1 - 9.5 kmpl. It is only very short trips in traffic.
Old 18th January 2020, 16:03   #344
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
And when you drive in rains and foggy weather, the glow this illuminates also stands out away from the regular tail lamps.

Omission of rear fog lamps in latest models of Maruti is supremely cheap. I am not saying that it enhances the looks but when driving in heavy rains and following some of the cars I noticed how immensely it aides in spotting vehicles ahead.
Maruti has hit a new low with the Ertiga. The brake light illumination is simply pathetic and is barely visible in the daylight. I wonder how visible it will be in dense fog, given that it also misses out on fog lamps now.

Name:  ezgif13448bcc9d1dc.gif
Views: 3738
Size:  1.56 MB
Leoshashi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th January 2020, 12:55   #345
BHPian

Friends - I own a ZDi+ 1.5Litre Ertiga [2019 Nov] model. The space, comfort, GC, AC and the price at which Ertiga was bought by me is un-matched. Though, am completely satisfied with the vehicle, the news of Tata and Mahindra scoring well in the GNCAP is un-nerving me and leading me to think "Have I bought something by which am putting me/family in harms way?". I know that next gen Ertiga has scored 3 stars in crash tests, but would that be enough is the question lingering in my mind for the past few days. Can Ertiga veterans @parag Sachania or @Leo sashi or in general others who have owned this vehicle [any generations] throw some light here please?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks