Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2020, 20:41   #151
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda CR-V : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Limited run! I dont get what Honda India is doing with the CRV.
True, completely clueless. Unless and otherwise they have around 45 CKD kits lying around which they want to sell off and keep the table clean.
Hoping for the news to be wrong.

Instead of special edition, crv facelift needs those features added, and price corrected atleast by around 1.5-2 lacs.
All this, if and only if they want the crv brand to do some sales ofcourse.
sarathlal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2020, 00:15   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Limited run! I dont get what Honda India is doing with the CRV. They are totally confused, how can a facelift be a limited run? Shouldnt they just switch over to this rather than sell the pre facelift side by side. Or is their plan to just sell 45 and discontinue the CRV? They might as well do that than have such a poor strategy
Theyre really dumb and destroying a very very very good product. I hope they dont kill it. The fools that they are.
Old 17th December 2020, 01:40   #153
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Guys,
Is this also made to order car like the Camry? Also, anyone aware of any discounts going on the CR-V currently? Presumably the limited run car is what is the face lifted model?

@M00M & @Sahil - What mileage do you get in Bombay city traffic? 6kmpl?

Cheers
Old 17th December 2020, 06:21   #154
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJK View Post

Cheers
FE is Around 7.5kmpl
Old 18th December 2020, 00:22   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,
Is this also made to order car like the Camry? Also, anyone aware of any discounts going on the CR-V currently? Presumably the limited run car is what is the face lifted model?

Cheers
Its not made to order like the Camry but they only make them maybe once in 3 months. Theres no clarity so you might book it and get delivery after a month or two if the colour you chose is not in stock.

Bombay city traffic for 2.4 old model that i have is about 6-8 and highway is about 10-12 depending on how you drive and traffic it varies a lot.

Sahil has the 2.0 engine and no AWD so he will get one kmph more as it has less weight to lug around.
Old 18th December 2020, 19:27   #156
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Thanks, M00m & Sahil.

I enquired yesterday with Viva Honda & Arya Honda for a TD. Apparently none of the dealers in Bombay have a TD vehicle, there's just one vehicle which is owned by Honda itself in Nerul. So for TD, I have to first email my license copy, address etc to the dealer who will in turn send it to Honda & then they'll send me a car. All this takes approx 5-7 days. I lost interest because of this silly strategy; no way I'm going to give my personal details to a dealer for a TD, that before even seeing the car.

Also, no vehicle in stock & consequently no year end deals. Delivery is possible only in end Jan-early Feb.
Old 22nd December 2020, 16:45   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also, no vehicle in stock & consequently no year end deals. Delivery is possible only in end Jan-early Feb.
Honda dealers have no clue about the CR-V.
The same goes with their corporate sales department. Nobody knows about the car, the special edition, its price or availability. Really sad state!

After a bit of trouble and the usual, 'book it and you will get your car' stuff, one dealer informed that Honda is not entertaining the CR-V bookings and they will release the cars only after January. Only then, the dealers will have a hand on the pricing details.

This could lead to two things if looked positively;
1. They might launch the CR-V refreshed model as the standard.
2. They might be contemplating price correction.

Or (Unfortunately, more likely)
They have no clue about the CKD sets of the CR-V lying around in some corner of the factory and might be on the path to discontinue it.
Looking to have the same fate of Accord and Civic Hybrids :(
sarathlal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2020, 19:55   #158
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathlal View Post
Honda dealers have no clue about the CR-V.

This could lead to two things if looked positively;
1. They might launch the CR-V refreshed model as the standard.
2. They might be contemplating price correction.

They have no clue about the CKD sets of the CR-V lying around in some corner of the factory and might be on the path to discontinue it.
Yeah, I dropped the idea of CR-V & booked a Camry. Honda has lost the plot - regret to say after being a Honda customer for nearly 2 decades, Type 2 City & Honda Civic, I no longer trust Honda. Also, one of the Marquee dealerships (Linkway Honda of Autohangar Group) selling off to Modi Hyundai in Mumbai, I'm not necessarily convinced of Honda's plans anymore. Risk with Honda should be limited to the City only I feel.
RJK is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2020, 22:49   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Alas, this is exactly what happened :(

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...crv-india.html
sarathlal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2020, 23:58   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Alas, this is exactly what happened :(

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...crv-india.html
I am extremely angry and disappoint with Honda India. Entire management should be sacked immediately its long over due. They should be bringing the hybrid CRV to india at the same price and then see the sales zoom not many are comfortable with germans which cost an arm and leg to maintain and not reliable.

I was looking forward to adding a new crv to my existing crv but now that wont happen coz they must sold out all the kits and they wont make any even if people wont them.

Whats the premium product now city ?? shocking apathy. still i wont buy a german. they ruined a very very very good product.
M00M is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th January 2021, 11:38   #161

Me and a colleague both bought black CRVs in 2007 - manual AWD. It’s comfortable and spacious for a single family. Apart from daily office commute, my long trips were all tourist places around Bangalore, and an annual trip to Goa or Kodaikanal in 12-hr. Thanks to low traffic last year I made it to Nagpur in 14-hr - at least 2-hr shaved off by Fastag.
For me and my colleague we got clutch issues after 50k km. After 80k I had to change all suspensions, arms, ball bearings, and clutch & flywheel. With all imported stuff, it was an expensive affair. This happened over a course of 2 yrs. Clutch & flywheel issue was due to my heavy clutch style for smoothening slowing+speeding over potholes and humps.
Finally, I sold it off with fond memories but bitter aftertaste.
My ex-colleague is still holding on to his.
Honda’s focus on Brio and Amaze has diluted the brand considerably. There are capable alternatives to CRV at lower cost - with and without 4WD.
I stayed with Whitefield Honda ASS throughout. Only for denting-painting I used cheaper alternatives. Even ASS enthusiasm and expertise was disheartening. For e.g. my first tyre set wasn’t rotated until I noticed it after 40k km.
KeeepDriiiving is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2022, 17:01   #162

Hi Sahil,
Had a query on the CRV 2019 model. What is the difference and when do we use the S & L gears pls? Nobody in the dealership has ever been able to explain this to me clearly
Old 18th February 2022, 17:25   #163
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrusadingMonk View Post
Hi Sahil,Had a query on the CRV 2019 model. What is the difference and when do we use the S & L gears pls? Nobody in the dealership has ever been able to explain this to me clearly
D mode = Drive mode = for city driving and gentle cruising on highways

S mode = Sports mode = for aggressive driving on highways, especially if you need to do lots of overtaking on 2 lane highways and ghat roads. In sports mode, engine is spinning at higher than "D mode" RPM all the time (for the same vehicle speed).

L mode = Low gear mode = for engine braking while driving downhill. If you use D mode or S mode, you will have to keep stabbing the brakes since engine braking is poor/non-existent. But if you shift to L mode, you can drive down steep hilly road without using brakes that often. L mode can also be used while climbing steep hills.
SmartCat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th February 2022, 18:36   #164

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartCat View Post
D mode = Drive mode = for city driving and gentle cruising on highways

S mode = Sports mode = for aggressive driving on highways, especially if you need to do lots of overtaking on 2 lane highways and ghat roads. In sports mode, engine is spinning at higher than "D mode" RPM all the time (for the same vehicle speed).

L mode = Low gear mode = for engine braking while driving downhill. If you use D mode or S mode, you will have to keep stabbing the brakes since engine braking is poor/non-existent. But if you shift to L mode, you can drive down steep hilly road without using brakes that often. L mode can also be used while climbing steep hills.
Thanks a ton @Smartcat . Another query pls - Would using L mode while climbing a steep hill give significantly lesser FE? As it is, CRV gives pretty low mileages. Thanks
Old 18th February 2022, 18:57   #165
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrusadingMonk View Post
Thanks a ton @Smartcat . Another query pls - Would using L mode while climbing a steep hill give significantly lesser FE? As it is, CRV gives pretty low mileages. Thanks
Absolutely (applicable to S mode too, since engine is always spinning at higher RPM). But then, when you are climbing a steep hill, you will get lower FE anyway whatever mode you are in. Such a steep hill driving environment will be a small part of your overall highway journey. So in the overall scheme of things, it should not matter much.

Use S mode too sparingly if FE is on your mind. Use S mode only when you plan to overtake a caravan of slow moving vehicles or when you want to overtake a truck/bus on ghat road. Shift back to D mode after the overtaking manoeuvre. D mode should suffice for most driving conditions.
SmartCat is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks