Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2023, 21:43   #166
BANNED

Re: Honda CR-V : Official Review

Asking for a friend.

2015 CRV CVT with 50k kms on the odo. Engine is in fabulous shape. But the car is repeatedly experiencing many electrical failures. This is surprising because Hondas are typically quite robust.

Aside from this, a part called steering wheel clock spring has failed. We are struggling to source it.

What would be the advice from this group about this car?

Is it possible to do a full electrical system replacement to get peace of mind? And where does one source this infernal steering wheel clock spring? Overall, should the car be retained or sold?

Please be advised that this is the only car in the household. Advise accordingly please.

Many thanks.
Old 13th March 2023, 16:50   #167
BHPian

Ive completed 74k kms in my 2019 CRV diesel. I'm still on my stock tyres and probably them being Michelins is the reason they've held out till so long apart from the fact that i always did a 5 tyre rotation until recently wherein my explicit instruction was not followed by the Honda dealership during the last 2 services!! As per the tread I guess they're still good to go for another 10k kms but I still thought to start fishing for replacement.

Apparently the Michelin replacement is costing 23k per tyre whereas Goodyears are at 14k a tyre and Continental and Kumho are again in the range of 18-20k per tyre. Has anyone on the forum got the tyres replaced yet? Any feedback regarding any of the above brands?

Also the car is now cranking a little more to start and this was due to the battery getting a little weak. Was asked by the dealership to get the battery charged outside, got it checked from an independent shop and they topped up the water and said the battery is ok though replacement may be required after a little while. Thinking of getting this done too. Anybody replaced their battery yet?

Have been getting a consistent mileage of 16-18 kmpl over the past 74k kms which has been logged into the Honda app for monitoring which makes me a very happy person and the seats and suspension is mind boggingly good. Its the preferred car for our highway runs if only they'd given it with a twin turbo for a better response from the engine. Alas Honda has taken away their best product from the market.
rugsrags is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th June 2023, 09:09   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
FE is Around 7.5kmpl
Hi all,

Is there a higher mileage with economy mode ?
Also, is Anytime Warranty recommended ?

Thanks !
Old 25th June 2023, 09:41   #169
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revention View Post
Hi all,

Is there a higher mileage with economy mode ?
Also, is Anytime Warranty recommended ?

Thanks !
7.5-8 is with Economy mode.

Japs are usually reliable, you could avoid the extended warranty unless it comes cheap.
Old 25th June 2023, 09:49   #170
BHPian

Quote:
7.5-8 is with Economy mode.
Hmm. Bit unlike Japs. This looks to be similar to 2.0L turbo in XUV700.

Quote:
Japs are usually reliable, you could avoid the extended warranty unless it comes cheap.
Honda website states Rs. 26,507 (4th year), if there is break in warranty.

Last edited by Axe77 : 26th June 2023 at 00:37.
Revention is offline   Received Infraction
Old 25th June 2023, 11:06   #171
BHPian

Another question I have : I believe the engine hood insulation is an accessory for CRV (and Civic) petrol ?
Good to add it ?

Last edited by Revention : 25th June 2023 at 11:12.
Old 26th June 2023, 12:49   #172
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revention View Post
Another question I have : I believe the engine hood insulation is an accessory for CRV (and Civic) petrol ?
Good to add it ?
Never heard of this. But it's a petrol engine, super silent and super smooth already. Why would you need further insulation
Old 8th July 2023, 16:09   #173
BHPian

So Ive finally had two things done. I got my battery replaced at around 76k kms mark. The original battery did a good show for a good 3 and a half years or so. It still was fine as per the battery guy but I would rather err on the side of caution.

The other more recent thing done is I've gotten the tyres changed at the 79.1 k mark to Goodyears. Now the transition from michelins to goodyears was one which i was a little apprehensive about but since i got them changed at gurgaon and travelled the next day a good 500 kms to my hometown I have had the chance to experience them on all sorts of speeds and terrains and I'm quite impressed at the onset. Really quiet and good grip. Tested in heavy rains found on the way and driven on the expressway.

The car is at 80k mark now so its time for a service especially since the airflow from the ac is markedly reduced and the rear wiper blade rubber decided to say goodbye one fine day.

Also facing a peculiar thud thud kind of sound from the front right end which is sometimes even present on good roads and sometimes not there even on rough/bad roads. This was there from the start but it just feels a little more prominent now.
rugsrags is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th July 2023, 16:22   #174
BHPian

I don't know how many people would find my updates helpful considering the very few number of owners but nonetheless here goes.

I got the crv back from its 80k service late saturday. They kept it for a good 2-3 days since i was in no rush and i wanted them to diagnose the sound coming from the front right. The sound was a very dull thud coming in no particular order on good and bad roads both. Ofcourse the honda dealer could not immediately identify the noise but at least this time they did agree that there is a sound. (Earlier during the initial few times they had not been able to even hear the sound) They did try to pass the buck by stating that they will wait for the sound to increase to which i responded that it took 80k kms for them to acknowledge that there is a sound I would not know how many kms more would it take for it to increase enough for them to take an action on. I was adamant this time that they take it up with Honda at their level and solve this issue. I have driven 80k kms with this sound and now i'm nearing the end of my extended warranty I would not want my flawless experience tampered with right after the warranty gets over! They have narrowed it down to an engine mount and have placed an order for a replacement mount to check if the sound goes away on replacing the same so truth be told they are not yet able to get to the root cause because all suspension components are still in good condition.

They had mentioned an ATF change too but yet again the same was not in stock so have placed an order for it too. I called for the car back and told them to do both these things together when they have the engine mount in stock. The total cost for this service was around 13.5k with a rear wiper blade, coolant and all oil/air filters changed and without tyre rotation or balancing. Last time they charged 14k for the ATF replacement at 40k kms so i'm assuming that's the charge yet again which i feel is pretty steep. Apart from that still on original set of brake pads with the front at 5.1mm and rear at 7.6mm.

Also in the course of their trials and general service things it looks like they kept my car running because on returning the car the average on the instrument panel for the first time ever was down to 13.5 from the 16 that i had sent it with.
rugsrags is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th July 2023, 18:06   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugsrags View Post
The sound was a very dull thud coming in no particular order on good and bad roads both.
I have the AWD diesel version and run about 30K kms. I also get a sound from the front right as well. It sounds as if there is something loose (like a fog lamp shaking) when going over bad roads. This has been there since the beginning and have mentioned it multiple times to Mumbai service centres, but they are unable to reproduce it due to presence of traffic noise near the service centre. Its quite faint to be honest.

Recently my wheel alignment guy hinted at the stabilizer bar linkages, suggesting there is some play in one of those on the front right side and the noise might be because of that. Otherwise the car is fully rattle free (touchwood) since last 4 years inspite of getting abused by bad Mumbai roads (in addition to the ladakh circuit last year).

Regarding the ATF change, why are you changing at 40K? The service manual says 80K change interval and thereafter 60K. Again coolant is at 100K. The only thing I have changed apart from oil and filters is the brake fluid recently, eveything else is stock. Also watch out for rear differential fluid if you have an AWD.

Recently got the 3d mats from KAGU for the car which are pretty neat. Cost me 9K after discount.

Attaching a sample photo sent by the dealer -
Attached Thumbnails
Honda CR-V : Official Review-img20230707wa0025.jpg  

Last edited by TheCatalyst : 19th July 2023 at 18:09.
TheCatalyst is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2023, 21:18   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugsrags View Post
I have driven 80k kms with this sound and now i'm nearing the end of my extended warranty I would not want my flawless experience tampered with right after the warranty gets over!
Apologies for the back to back posts, but just remembered that during my last service, the service advisor showed me extended warranty coverage prices for the 6th, 7th and 8th year and so on. I think they were about 20-30K per year if I remember. He also said we could avail it when the standard extended warranty of 5 years(3 year std + 2 year extended) was nearing its end.

P.S. Honda India website shows it as Anytime Warranty for CRV upto 10 years.

Last edited by TheCatalyst : 19th July 2023 at 21:28.
Old 17th August 2023, 14:57   #177

Looking for some advice for a 2019 CRV Diesel. Has done 38k km.

The vehicle’s battery has been working fine up until now where I have started to see a slightly delayed start after 3-4 days of no use (wasn’t the case earlier; even during the COVID times when the car would be used only once a week). The Honda Service folks suggested I replace the battery as soon as possible. The recommended OEM battery for this model is Amaron 55B24LS.

I am looking for suggestions for a replacement battery from Amaron/Exide/Motorcraft/Others that will last more than the 3y 8m that the OEM battery has lasted.

The vehicle is stock, with no aftermarket accessories. Priority for the battery being performance and hassle-free ownership.
Old 17th August 2023, 15:36   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by patekgeneve View Post

The recommended OEM battery for this model is Amaron 55B24LS.

I am looking for suggestions for a replacement battery from Amaron/Exide/Motorcraft/Others that will last more than the 3y 8m that the OEM battery has lasted.
Amaron is a good brand. Typically any life after 3 years is a bonus, particularly if the vehicle is lying idle for days on end.
My 2007 Grand Vitara is sparingly used and to prolong the battery life I connect up an external battery charger once a month. I had imported one from china a few years ago.
The Bosch C7 charger is one currently easily available.
sridhar-v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2023, 21:34   #179

Thanks Sridhar. Any other equivalent model from the others? I'll also cross post of a battery thread.

Good thought on the Bosch charger. That makes a lot of sense.
Old 19th August 2023, 21:55   #180

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCatalyst View Post
Recently got the 3d mats from KAGU for the car which are pretty neat. Cost me 9K after discount.
This looks neat. Would you be able to share where you procured this from? Thanks!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks